Necromancer General Discussion

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Brandon, May 19, 2014.

1. Brandon Hunger

Discuss the best mid-tier/worst shit-tier class in the game here. <:3

2. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Ded class. :(

3. Brandon Hunger

Necromancer subforum is DEAD.

4. Nier FPriest main since 2017

It was dead in DFOS and now it's dead here. Nothing new. :<

5. Brandon Hunger

6. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Is the awakening passive really worth maxing? I thought it was just left at 1.
    Also, no INT QP?

7. Brandon Hunger

Awakening passive is worth maxing IMO because with the patch DFO was on before it got shut down, it was glitched and would decrease the attack of monsters that it procced on to 0. Even after it gets fixed, I still think it's worth maxing because of the physical/magical defense debuff.

Not maxing int QP was a mistake. Fixed it, though.

8. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Ah, okay. Couple more questions.

I guess the STR QP isn't worth the points just for Dark Ritual?
    I noticed in one of your videos that you do the backhand -> hand stab Vallacre combo. Is that better than the normal x string? I had tried using it for several dungeons, but it felt weaker than the normal x string.

9. Brandon Hunger

The last time I tested it, Strength QP didn't affect the intelligence gained from Dark Ritual.

I used the backhand combo most of the time because it /felt/ like it did more damage. I never bothered to actually compare its damage to the standard combo, so I can't say as to whether or not backhand combo does more damage than standard combo.

Both of them have their own advantages, though, such as backhand pushing back non-super armor monsters and the innate grouping ability of the standard combo. It's best to be able to execute the backhand combo without fucking up when you need to be able to.

10. Nier FPriest main since 2017

5/22 patch made the timing easier for the alt attack but that won't be for a while.

Besides the new balance, the chronicle set changes is something to look forward to. No need to swap force guillotine for that OP damage.

11. Lil Puddin Duke of Diabeetus

IGN:
    ALOT
    I like necro since it was my first class. She's pretty easy to use and fun and actually fast. I hated how Vallarace would just keep going across the screen when I pushed x. Is there a way to make him just stay in front of me?

12. Brandon Hunger

He'll reset back to standard position if you pause long enough between basic attacks.

13. ShinMaruku

Now to level to 65 so I can start trying to get some chorn gear. If it makes the pain of leveling worth it, I will get on it.

14. best and most enjoyable class with decent gear and future patches! latest patch fixes every issue with end game gameplay. I am looking forward to nic using necro hit percentage over his own.

15. Brandon Hunger

Yeah, I'm reaaaaaally excited that Nicholas/Zombies are going to use character hit rate/magic crit now.

16. TheMechanicXYZ C.R.E.A.M.

So are necro's still shit or what? I'm thinking of making one. Already made the build for it.

17. Brandon Hunger

They're not as good as burst damage classes (with the exception of 9 piece Powerful Force Guillotine) or classes made to hold bosses down (aka Grapplers)

But if you want something that's in between both of those, then Necromancer is pretty decent.

And until you do get 9 piece Powerful Force Guillotine, be prepared to deal relatively small amounts of damage during those small-ish moments of vincibility in C3 and the higher level ancient dungeons

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  18. Necrofancy Blame Blobâ„¢

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    Necro's a strong contender for the next best holder/interrupter, especially with the Nicholas changes. Biggest disparity between Nec and FGrap is in controlling mob position and that's something not many classes can contend with either.

Necro's been in the same niche as Asura and FBrawler as gimmicks and hold/interrupts with damage. Both of the other classes have second awakenings and a full round of strong buffs in their favor, while I don't know if Necro's damage has improved damage above the baseline for each round of buffing. I'd be surprised if Thief gets Second Awakenings any time soon, and they're certainly not going to get much attention outside of that.

19. Brandon Hunger

So, with the idea of Second Awakenings brought up...

Who wants to speculate on what Necromancer Second Awakening will be? :tinfoil:

20. Necrofancy Blame Blobâ„¢

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    Vallacre pulls out a second sword, transforming the Vallacre transform and all Vallacre-based cubes, so that we can transform while we transform.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)