Monk Skill Build/Guide?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by Tsvozak, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Tsvozak

Hi! I'm pretty new to the game and I don't know much about skills and how I should build my monk. I am lvl 80, and not having played for a while am very overwhelmed with the updates and skill tree reset. Though I am lvl 80, I really only played on my monk, so I am still relatively inexperienced with the game and would love some input on builds. I can't find too many current builds online and I'm kinda at a loss here.

2. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    Max your core Monk skills, keep Heavenly at 0/1. Not a whole lot to it. We have free infinite resets, so really you can just go crazy, experiment, find a build you like. It's pretty hard to fuck up your build.

3. GodOfAvalon

Basically what RW said. A lot of it is dependent on your playstyle as well, which you should've developed through the course of leveling.

For example, I personally use a lot of Ducking skills and X-chains, even though they're suboptimal in terms of PvE damage output, because that's what my muscles are used to. Also, PvP reasons. Thus, I have maxed the Ducking skills and the TP that boosts them.

I sacrificed Twister of Judgment to do that. Other skills that I did not max include: Sidewind (who uses this in PvE, and even in PvP it's warpgrab material), Heavenly Combo (relatively slow, bad SA priority, meh damage. also warpgrab material in pvp), Divine Crush (pvp tool only, though I've discovered that the knockup from this can refresh nearly dead juggles), Smasher (pvp tool, iframes, its a grab etc).

Of course, you might play Monk a bit differently, and thus max different skills.

But in general, always max these:
    • Sacred Counter (one point wonder)
    • Everything to do with 2nd Awakening and EX skills, they are great burst
    • Exquisite Combo + TP
    • Will Driver + TP
    HnR and Twister are debatable. Twister is one of Monk's best skills, if properly invested into, apparently in kDnF? My knowledge of Twister is fuzzy. HnR is great PvE burst, gathering utility, etc, but in Anton normal videos I only see Monks using it for gathering, or to proc Lightning Cloud Totem's effect several times. As damage against a real enemy, it can fall short in DPS output due to its long duration. But I maxed it because all of our current content is basically papier mache.

4. Shinigami936 Gimme panties

IGN:
    Caineghis
    Server:
    Cain
  5. Jadefrost

I know I'm a bit off topic here, but I'd love to know what factors into divine crush resulting in the opponent getting knocked up from a nearly dead juggle. I notice it quite often in China, but I've always assumed it was due to lag and the opponent mistiming a quick rebound.

6. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    Didn't KOAP use max Sidewind in PvE? Then again that dude does lots of weird things, but he makes it work.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)