Monk Comboing

Discussion in 'Monk' started by Farkon, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Farkon

Hi, I've been having trouble with comboing as a monk, the best I can do is in this video, which is basic combos that involve smasher into machine gun jab.

I've watched other comboing videos, and I tried them, but I've never been able to attack fast enough or launch my opponents into the air as high as they can. I'm level 40, so does that mean that i have to be a higher level or that I need more attack speed?

2. Vince Omega

IGN:
    Omeged
    Guild:
    SRK
    Server:
    Cain
    You just need more attack speed or time your button presses better (if you can do both that would be ideal.) Once you do either you'll find combos to be much easier.

3. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    You need to throw in Ducking Uppercut and Second Uppercut into your combos. Double tap forward and hold up (or down) as you do Second Uppercut to perform a neutral version of the move.

4. Farkon

What's the best way to maximize attack speed? I tried using a scythe, but that doesn't seem to be enough, and timing my punches can sometimes be hectic in the heat of battle. I remember that there were avatars that granted more attack speed, is this version going to have these?

Nice! I didn't know how to stay still for the second uppercut. Although noone seems to fly whenever I use it.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  5. Vince Omega

IGN:
    Omeged
    Guild:
    SRK
    Server:
    Cain
    In this version of DFO you can get more attack speed by gearing better gears. The higher the level, the rarer the gear and the grade of the gear will all affect the stats you get from it. A level 50 purple with superior grade will be better than a 45 pink with inferior grade but not better than the 50 pink with superior grade.

Avatars will be in this version, however I don't know if they will be effective in pvp in this version of DFO.

6. Adauto

Maybe you will want to try this

Then you will want to try this

*You can dash/cancel on stand combo too, but i'm not sure against what classes you can do it
    The point is that these combos changes when you are facing a different enemy, so i'm having some trouble about watching the % the HP falls, cause looks like to every class you can only do the same HP % of damage ( am i wrong ? ) so some oponents you can't even do the dash cancel stand combo, others you can, but if you do it they will just fall when you try to anti-gravity them with shadow clones. but try it

7. Sanshou fite me irl!!! (งㅇㅅㅇ)ง

IGN:
    Lats
    Server:
    Cain
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but i noticed that there is no monk armor mastery in pvp. does it matter which type of armor we wear?

8. Vince Omega

IGN:
    Omeged
    Guild:
    SRK
    Server:
    Cain
    It might not have a level, but you are still affected by class armor masteries. If you hover over armor and check your arena stats you will see it's still affecting your armor, and important stats.

9. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    Reset your skills and your Light Armor Mastery should appear. It happens sometimes.

10. Sanshou fite me irl!!! (งㅇㅅㅇ)ง

IGN:
    Lats
    Server:
    Cain
    Thank you Senseis.

11. Adauto

I posted some combo videos up there, but i didn't post the "best" combo ( it depends on situation and on enemy you are facing) but you probably wants to add a "changing weapon" move to the last combo i posted in purpose of getting better damage on clones combo :D i didn't post it cause i'm still working on it, need some casting speed avas to do it, but if you have it, u should give it a try.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)