Misc. ModPopping's Request/Release Mods - Updated with NEW MAGE VOICES!

Discussion in 'Releases' started by ShadePopping, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Divinefist

Server:
    Cain
    Hey I'm trying to get your Arad Senki sound pack to work but I'm pretty new to mods. Where am I supposed to be downloading the batch files and do I just replace the original sound pack files with the Arad Senki ones?

2. ShadePopping Learning to read other languages

IGN:
    MechPopping
    Guild:
    Fates4
    Server:
    Cain
    Alright so, I uploaded the new audio.xml bundled inside the new voice pack (it contains all the other Japanese voices that may not have been updated).
    You can go ahead and extract all of the files into \DFO\SoundPacks\ and have windows Move, but keep both files
    [​IMG]
    As long as the files are alphabetical order they will load first and the voice mod will work, like this
    [​IMG]

The audio.xml included is used to replace audio.xml inside \DFO\, but this has to be replaced after you hit PLAY, but before the game launches. (For whatever reason Japan has alternate voice lines and sometimes have different paths inside the npks).

If you use the batch file, you should rename the audio.xml inside of the sound pack to audioMod.xml, make a copy of the original audio.xml and name it audioOriginal.xml
    Every time you run the batch file it will replace the current audio.xml with the original file (so it doesn't patch every time you launch the client), then replace it with Japan's audio.xml after the client closes.

3. Divinefist

Server:
    Cain
    Thanks for the help. The voices sound great!

I have noticed that some of the voice lines are still in korean. Specifically male brawler's blood rage chain and quite a large number of mmage skills. Were these ever translated?

4. ShadePopping Learning to read other languages

IGN:
    MechPopping
    Guild:
    Fates4
    Server:
    Cain
    They shouldn't be in korean after replacing the audio.xml file

5. Divinefist

Server:
    Cain
    Weird. I replaced the audio.xml file in the soundpack folder and everything is working just fine except for a few of the mmage voice lines.

Edit: nvm you were right it fixed it. Not sure why only those files were still in korean.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  6. ShadePopping Learning to read other languages

IGN:
    MechPopping
    Guild:
    Fates4
    Server:
    Cain
    There's some other post about audio mods on nexus but basically the pathing is different for some voices
    Original xml
    [​IMG]
    Japan xml
    [​IMG]

7. Largerock RETURN BACK TO ZERO

IGN:
    Rockington
    Server:
    Cain
    Big thanks for putting the JP files out!

8. Sage

Wouldn't this trick work like before? Or are you referring to when install the in voice patchs for the first time? o_O

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  9. ShadePopping Learning to read other languages

IGN:
    MechPopping
    Guild:
    Fates4
    Server:
    Cain
    The thing I posted recently is for audio mods, the second (allowmods.bat) is for sprite mods

10. Sage

Hmm...Guess I'm a little confused then, cause before this recent updated jp voice patch. I've been using your other one but only changing out Thief voice. I did the (allowmods.bat) thinking it was for audio ones all this time.

...Can you explain to me why the japanese voice files I changed have never had to swap any files before/after game starts and even after game patches/updates? o_o

11. ShadePopping Learning to read other languages

IGN:
    MechPopping
    Guild:
    Fates4
    Server:
    Cain
    Like I said in this post https://dfonexus.com/posts/374143/, some of the paths are the same, some of them aren't, the one's that are the same you won't have problems with

12. Trying out the jp voice pack here and I am still getting some korean voices (for my demon slayer only) even after replacing the audio.xml file in the way you described in an earlier post. Not sure what's wrong

13. ShadePopping Learning to read other languages

IGN:
    MechPopping
    Guild:
    Fates4
    Server:
    Cain
    Hmmm, check the file size of audio.xml to make sure it matches the japanese audio xml and check that you have sounds_char_swordsman_f_blah blah blah(2).npk or something, you can even name those to like, asd1, asd2, asd3 (doesn't matter as long as they show up first alphabetically)
    [​IMG]

14. Yea idk file size of the audio.xml in my soundpacks folder and the original is the same and I have renamed the jp voice pack files to insert_name_here(JP).npk. Guess I'll just give it up for now

Edit: nvm guess it works now I don't think I did anything different. So weird. Thanks for your help anyways

15. Infestor Start of the swarm

Great mods :thumbsup:

Do you still have the Item Rarity Mod and Large Key Mod or are they gone completely?

16. ShadePopping Learning to read other languages

IGN:
    MechPopping
    Guild:
    Fates4
    Server:
    Cain
  17. Infestor Start of the swarm

That's fair, I definitely understand what you mean; it's really not worth the effort to have to change it every single time. Thanks for the response and the link and good luck with any modding you decide to do in the future :)

18. Kangster

Thanks for always putting out the Arad Senki voicepacks! The new M.Mage subclasses don't seem to have any voices, I assume that's because they were just released today in Japan?

19. ShadePopping Learning to read other languages

IGN:
    MechPopping
    Guild:
    Fates4
    Server:
    Cain
    They're being uploaded :>

20. Kangster

Again, thanks for always providing us with the voicepacks! Much love :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)