Master of Mirages - A Skirmisher/Duelist PVE guide

Discussion in 'Skirmisher' started by Valic, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    Very good! I added it under the combo section under "Burst combos" :D

That's really the fun part about Skirmishers really, we don't have a specific rotation(or at least, we don't need one) that binds us for damage. Our cooldowns are low enough to flow into each other fluidly without worry of waiting for a skill to be off it's cd. It's pretty flexible for how you decide to dps or pin down opponents. I noticed when I leveled my Vanguard that it flowed really well to unleash a ton of burst but I found myself waiting at times for skills to come back off CD or had to rely on lower level skills + auto attacks in the mean time for regular room clearing. Had to be more efficient using the Vanguard's larger aoe's to gather rooms together into 1 shot rather than wasting more than 1-2 skills a room to leave me without a skill for a while.

I also personally like Storm as a close end attack as our punto skills gain the best damage at the tip of the strikes rather than up close. Anything else we use will push away enemies or has a cooldown that isn't worth using on cleaning up a few trash enemies. Could always auto attack too but it really just comes down to what you find more efficient to use.

2. Saiko Unlucky.

Guild:
    Imperio
    Server:
    Sirocco
    I still can't believe how he manages to do all that with no hotkeys, eventhough he's not using Serpent Strike, I'm bad at this game.

3. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    I actually don't understand why he wants to have them off his hotkeys period even if he does command input. It's easier to view cd's that way imo.

4. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    Added an "Anton Raid Check" section to the guide to help an new players who've been asking themselves "what do I need to be able to join?". Been seeing a few threads on reddit, some players in game and etc asking how much gear they need or how to get started being a Skirmisher in one as there's little information out there for us. I need some suggestions from you guys though, I'm going to be writing up the section regarding gear sets to use for anton. I have a few in mind that are interchangable but I need the follow opinions.

1. How should I arrange the sets? As whole 9 piece sets you can use, or should I just list viable 3 piece accessories, 6 piece armors, and so on? I'm unsure about this one as some sets might not be optimal for other gears, like for example, cold princess accessories while wearing full gracia armor... Wouldn't mind some help on the arrangement for this. Was thinking about just making a list of weapons, then a list of armor sets, then a list of accessory sets I guess? What do you guys think?

2. Do you have any sets you can recommend that aren't so obvious? I'll be adding gracia, some epic sets we're amazing with, probably the sea god set(maybe?... wouldn't mind some insight on this myself from anyone who owns a full set of sea god and has participated in the raid). There's some nice stand alone pieces like Pel Los Glory necklace if you reach a decent amount of p.atk but I can't say if I should mention them or not as they would possible distort the idea of having a good "set". What are your thoughts on how I should go about this and is there any sets you can recommend that go overlooked when doing raid? Maybe something on a more utility side or a not so obvious set?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  5. gakiloroth

I think that listing viable 3 piece / 6 piece / 9 piece (idk if there are these) options with warning about certain possible anti-synergies (like Gracia + CP) would be good, and recommended synergies / combos (like ng + cp + dkt + ttws being one of the most recommended) would be good.

6. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    Not how I pictured it but it's a decent start. I'll probably include weapons later on but I wouldn't mind knowing more armor sets to be viable in raid with. Makes it seem like the only farmable anton raid viable set is gracia, and that can't be right... Right :wavey:?

7. NemesisZeru

IGN:
    RideTheLight
    Guild:
    Factory
    Server:
    Cain
    I'd say maybe make mention of Decimation? While it's only a 75 epic, it's an outlier with more P.attack then a Lib, and the +skills seem super handy(Not to mention +30% P.Crit is great for shoring up holes in your crit enchants). It's not really worth farming for, but it definitely seems like a solid weapon should you happen upon it from, say, a ToDes pot.

And a random aside: Why does basically every lance look so dang cool? Long Lances have some of the coolest weapon designs in the game, although that's a bit off-topic!

8. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    I thought about mentioning it but I felt like it was too lackluster to rely on for raid. Since it only offers crit rate and the amount of p.atk an 85 weapon would give. I'll think about it though(since I'm having to use one atm anyways). My comp is in a bad state atm so I can't add anything just yet though.

9. NemesisZeru

IGN:
    RideTheLight
    Guild:
    Factory
    Server:
    Cain
    Mm, fair enough. It's not super raid-worthy, yeah, just I thought it might be useful to note, because it does have unusually high P.Attack, which helps make it a little more competitive then one would expect of a 75 weapon. :P

10. Masturbator Kamen Rider

Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Base stats mean jack shit when you bring epics into play.

11. NemesisZeru

IGN:
    RideTheLight
    Guild:
    Factory
    Server:
    Cain
    Fair enough. I'm not saying it's worth hunting down or anything(way better things to use your DIs on!), just that if you happened to get it from Epic Road or the like, it's a more decent weapon then it's level'd suggest. :P

12. H4rlequin Vanguard sux!

IGN:
    Reapered/H4rlequin
    Server:
    Sirocco
    I opened a pot on him and got a Judgement of Light, was hoping for a Serpent Spike :weep: (my manual practices :asurawraith:) but either way it's a good weapon with Gracia so.. Light Durandal it is

13. NemesisZeru

IGN:
    RideTheLight
    Guild:
    Factory
    Server:
    Cain
    Gracia seems to work really well with Skirmisher anyways(All dem multihits procing the light explosions), so I think Light Durandal's more or less agiven, unless you happen across like, a Soulbreaker or something.

Speaking of Soulbreaker, Sea God 6pc, a water tear, Cold Princess and Soulbreaker'd probably be a pretty strong water setup, huh?

14. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    Discussed that with my guild too. It seems like sea god isn't all that great either. Since the major gimmick about it seems to be cursing. The water damage isn't as great in quantity as i expected. Not sure about adding it, might as well wear a halidom set with the ice princess set. However, if you have a nugol test results of this set, I might think about it. I'm sitting in three pieces of NG atm with about 180 water damage and it seems hardly noticeable at times. So when i think about that but in place of ng effects, curse procs that would rarely go off? Idk... Can anton raid bosses even become cursed without a soulbender?

15. Saiko Unlucky.

Guild:
    Imperio
    Server:
    Sirocco
    So here I am guys with good news, thanks to our allmighty god Yun ha (who provided me with the information), we can see a 20 man Skirmisher Raid in this link.
    Why do I share this? well aside from the videos of each party in raid, we can see the different setups that the Skirmishers are using, from gracia to dark gothic (be careful, this is pre-epic revamp, so physical dg was good) even Durandals using Halberds instead of Lances (shame on them).

@Valic I hope you can add this to the Raid section so we can have even more information.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  16. H4rlequin Vanguard sux!

IGN:
    Reapered/H4rlequin
    Server:
    Sirocco
    Black Dragon is more than good for Skirmisher though, even though it's a Halberd. The 15% physical attack aura + free crit chance/crit damg is really great (though there's no benefits from Lance Mastery at all). But I think after the new updates, which included Defense Ignore from your weapon mastery - using Long Lance will always benefits you more than using the Halberd (maybe you can still be a sub-DPS support :D but just let the full Tatical - Black Dragon Vanguard do it). In case of Skirmisher play styles videos, I've been following this guy's channel and gotta say he's more than good with the class

17. Saiko Unlucky.

Guild:
    Imperio
    Server:
    Sirocco
    He's using Dark Gothic as a placeholder for NG, I hope he completes it soon to see the insane damage output.

18. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    The dg set I considered but with the rework and lack of shadow based lances, I figured I would end up removing it anyways soon enough. As for Halberds, similar case with the reworks in our lance mastery but I'll have to look if there are any changes to black dragon after rework to see if it's viable. If anything, I would say that black dragon is bare minimum for the stats and speed lost in using a halberd. I'm currently without my comp atm until this storm blows over and I get it back from the shop, but when I can, I'll be sure to reread this section again and clarify better. Glad to see the participation and help though :)

19. Zerobeat ¬ヘ¬

I feel like the only times you could consider using a Halberd is if it's Black Dragon or Heaven's Halberd, or god help you if you got a Savior's Glory Halberd.
    The rest are probably good, but really specifically tailored for Vanguard's skills. I can imagine Vanguards are even less likely to use Lances on the flipside unless they get Serpent Spike.

I suppose that's what you exchange for only having two weapon types that are both physical to keep them using their respective weapons.

20. H4rlequin Vanguard sux!

IGN:
    Reapered/H4rlequin
    Server:
    Sirocco
    No changes to the Halberds/Long Lances after the major epics rework so things stay the same afterwards though.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)