Master of Mirages - A Skirmisher/Duelist PVE guide

Discussion in 'Skirmisher' started by Valic, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    I was referring to the more recent one you mentioned that added defense ignore. It's a long ways off of course though so I'll still have to look into the halberds more. My main concern is the amount of speed you'll lose and the comparative fixed p.atk vs damage %'s provided on HH and BD.

2. H4rlequin Vanguard sux!

IGN:
    Reapered/H4rlequin
    Server:
    Sirocco
    By that time I guess we should take a look at those new weapons, not just our current ones :fupa2: . There's this video showcase of the guy with full tatical and the 90 lance, the design of the lance looks pretty sick to me

3. Ark From Pain, Awakening

tl;dr in DFO current patch it more than okay to use a Halberd if you happen to find a good epic one. In the current kDnF patch, you really don't want to use a Halberd because Long Lance mastery is really good after buff.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    you mean Skirm will get more changes?

5. Saiko Unlucky.

Guild:
    Imperio
    Server:
    Sirocco
    Indeed, there are a lot of changes going on not only for Skirmisher but for most of the classes

6. NemesisZeru Lucker dog supreme

IGN:
    Attan
    Guild:
    Factory
    Server:
    Cain
    Any tips for Raid Nerbe? I've been doing failraids whenever I can for pots, and I only just learned last raid day that our grabs can mess up juggles on him and thus cause trouble(So no Rising Lance/Awakenings). Wondering if there's something else I've missed, hehe.

7. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    You can use them freely, you just have to be cautious as to when he's released or if he performs the aoe during the hold. Raid nerbe is more or less the same as regular nerbe, just with a different orb gimmick. If you time your skills just right, you can grab, super hold, and juggle him as long as you want. You have o be aggressive after he aoe's though if you solo, since he typically does the orb gimmick afterward. Just make sure if you use rising lancer, to follow up with chain wave or hook n throw just as the hold ends and you won't have to worry about nerbe. This is partially why he's my favorite boss to solo atm, can keep him on his toes nonstop if you rotate your skills just right.

8. Saiko Unlucky.

Guild:
    Imperio
    Server:
    Sirocco
    We all know that the real boss of Smoke is Tog and not Nerbe :v

9. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    Unless you're running NG, then he's just a potato you unleash on :lancer:

10. sethnes

Hi guys i am new to demonic lancer and i am running the adventurer maker event which allow me to get 2 legendary equipments, may i ask is gracia long lance a good choice? and what should i get from the 2nd box? any suggestion? :downs2:

11. Kiwi-poi

If I'm not mistaken, gracia weapons are only good if you've already got the whole 6pc because then you have all the light damage stacking. But anyways, people don't generally go for the weapon because it doesn't contribute to the set bonus, plus there are usually better weapons to get. As far as what pieces to pick, I'd say either top / bottom for the defensive proc, and then the sub-equipment (because sub-equip / magic stone is more expensive than armor pieces).

12. sethnes

Hi Kiwi-poi thanks for the feedback, may I wanna ask which set do you recommend? I am new in this game and I do not know which 1 is meta or better? haha :cat:

13. Pyros

You definitely get Gracia, just the weapon doesn't count for the set bonus, so it's just a fairly generic weapon that's not that good. It's still kinda good but you'd probably want to get 6pc gracia+random unique weapon(Crimson Wrath or Halidom are both pretty good) before you picked it. A liberation is more what you should work towards to, weapon wise, you can buy them for 50-70m depending on type(although there's currently no long lance on the AH, so that can be a problem) or farm them over a fucking long period of time and still end up spending 20-30m on it from crafting attempts(or less if you're lucky).

14. Kiwi-poi

What Pyros said. And I'm actually fairly new to DFO as well (3 months in), but nonetheless welcome aboard!
    Gracia is pretty much the go-to set for most neutral / light element classes, since all the light-element stacking and the occasional light explosions really bump up your damage. Other legendary sets are too reliant on RNG or special conditions to be on par, not designed for skirmishers, or are simply underwhelming compared to gracia.

And eventually, once you've geared up in full legendaries, you'll be pretty much set for endgame contents, albeit you can always grow stronger if you can stomach grinding for full epics.

15. sethnes

Hi guys thanks for the advices, I am aiming for gracia set then, and I just bought Crimson Wrath from AH. But I have another question, so if I have 6 pieces of gracia, then what should I fill up for the remaining slots ?

16. Pyros

Generally speaking, 5pc armor+sub Gracia, 3pc Gigantic Presence accessories(from anton normal, can use stuff like Great Glory bracers/neck/ring before that if you don't want to do Anton but it's fairly easy to do with Gracia), Light magic stone(Alicia for cheap option, or the more expensive ones), Liberation weapon or epic. But say you run hells and get Lightness Auto Top, you'd want for example a Gracia mstone to keep gigantic set and 6pc gracia. Or if you don't have gigantic yet, a gracia ring or whatever, then great glory bracer/neck, or great glory bracer+de los glory neck.

17. Dizzy Jaeger

IGN:
    Rigshrayda
    Server:
    Cain
    Quick question, with the current epic road coming we can pretty much choose from bamboo lance & judgement, I have 6pc gracia but i'm pretty sure bamboo is far better to get. I just want to confirm this here if it's true or not. So, anyone want to chime in on this?

18. Novaan Verdiano

IGN:
    Noeri
    Guild:
    Caliginosity
    Server:
    Cain
    Bamboo is most likely not going to be in there as it's an APC specific drop.
    Judgment of Light is mostly memes and you'd probably out-dps it with a lib wep. Still fun to play with.

19. Tek

IGN:
    ~Arcia~
    Guild:
    StreetKings
    Server:
    Cain
    Gonna feel a little silly with this one, but here goes.
    Well, I'm running around with 9pc Mirage (and I luvs it) and I know that I'll be grabbing the Selectable Epic box for my Skirm. Now...hear me out guys...
    Since 9pc Mirage greatly amplifies Rising Lance's Damage, and Decimation (lvl 75 Epic) gives +5 to Rising Lance; should I pick that over Judgment of Light (lvl 80 Epic)?
    Not saying Raid ready or anything like that, since I'll have to adjust to not using Mirage Prophet; just interested in your thoughts.
    Also, would you happen to know if the CD reset on Judgment of light resets ALL the skills listed, or if it'd be just one?
    Just in case this might help
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  20. Hova The Radiant Hero

Server:
    Cain
    I don't think getting an Epic just for a CHRON set is a good idea. Especially one that is solely filler until you get a 'real' set that'll amp your damage better, like Gracia. There are some exceptions, but I wouldn't say this is one of them.

You'll assumedly be getting a Gracia set eventually, which Judgment of Light will be much better suited for considering the Light Damage it gives.
    But Judgment of Light by itself isn't really anything special, so it's not like you'd be losing out on a lot if you got Decimation instead, and Decimation also has higher Phys. Attack than Judgment despite being a lower level, so that's a plus.

However, if the selectable Epic box lets us choose APC specific weapons, definitely ignore both of these weapons and get Bamboo Lance instead.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)