Master of Mirages - A Skirmisher/Duelist PVE guide

Discussion in 'Skirmisher' started by Valic, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    Master of Mirages
    by Valic
    [​IMG]
    "My life will not be swayed by the curse of the Demonic Lance."

Guide Update List
    (from most recent to oldest)
    10/2/2016 Added Anton Raid Check section
    9/12/2016 Added Combo Guide section
    9/6/2016 Adjusted some descriptions, added 2nd awakening demonstration videos, added question to F.A.Q.
    9/1/2016 Added NG armor demonstration video, fixed typos/translations, and adjusted skill descriptions
    8/27/2016 Adjusted OV set skill bonuses, ratings, added more to buff swap section, fixed typos
    8/24/2016 Added skill demonstrations under skill descriptions
    8/23/2016 Adjusted OV set translations to DFOG's
    8/22/2016 Adjusted translations, added Video/OV sections, adjusted buff swap section, and fixed TP passive typos
    8/21/2016 Added 2nd Awakening skills/EX passive guide
    8/20/2016 Added F.A.Q. and began Stat/Avatar section
    8/19/2016 Guide Creation
    If you're looking for a specific section, open the Table of Contents, press CTRL + F, and type the chapter section to scroll to it immediately. Such as "I." to skip to the introduction. Thank you for reading and feel free to post any comments, questions, or concerns that may help you or the guide!
    I. Introduction
    Ia.
    What are Skirmishers?
    Ib. Basic Info
    Ic. Pros/Cons
    ---------------------
    II. Skills
    IIa.
    General Skills
    IIb. Base class skills
    IIc. Skirmisher specific skills
    IId. First Awakening/EX Active Skills
    IIe. Second Awakening skills
    IIf. TP/EX Passives
    ---------------------
    III. Stat/Avatar Goals
    IIIa.
    Stats to aim for
    IIIb. Avatar Stats/emblems
    ----------------------
    IV. Gameplay/Misc Info
    IVa.
    Showcase Videos
    IVb. Otherverse Gear/Recommendations
    IVc. F.A.Q.(Frequently asked questions)
    IVd. Combo Guide
    IVe. Anton Raid Check
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I. Introduction
    Hello there, my name is Valic. I'm an old player of DFO who played CDNF for quite a while and became fond of the Skirmisher subclass that is called Duelist in other versions of DFO. I came back to DFOG once it was released and steadily played both. I enjoy the class so much I thought I would make a guide for it! So enjoy, it will hopefully help beginners and advanced players build a Skirmisher to be very powerful and skilled.

Ia. What are Skirmishers?
    Skirmishers are combo masters that specialize in cancelling their skills. They have all the speed of a weapon master/monk with an added bonus of being able to cancel skills and allow their mirages to finish the skill for them in place. Using your skills in conjunction with this "mirage" cancel ability, you can keep up fluid combos and dps to your heart's content. Skirmishers are fast and are pretty reliant on their combos and cancels. A majority of their skills will involve juggling, timed combo cancels, and patience. If you're into speedy encounters, fast attacks, letting your mirages begin where you left off so you can annihilate enemies, then this is the class for you. It uses lances (or halberds but only in special cases) and can be a force to be reckoned with if mastered. They awaken into a "Highlander" and Second awaken into a "Durandal". Skirmishers are also known as one of the longest ranged melee subclasses and make this a great deal of importance for both offensive/defensive tactics when fighting.

I met him once during the short days of autumn at an arena near the western mountains. The man displayed the sharpness of Suju and the skills of an Imperial Knight.

He overwhelmed his opponents with his strong and swift spearmanship. The audience loved it and they cheered at every victory. However, instead of being joyous of his achievements, I noticed a faint sadness in his eyes, as if he were in pain even though his opponents barely left a scratch on him.

I learned of his secret from my master. About the accursed weapon known as the Demonic Lance and the horrendous burden it inflicted upon its users in return for its incredible power. It seems the man was suppressing it and would only use it occasionally.

But why?

When I finally got a chance to speak to the man, I was surprised at the lack of viciousness or hostility coming from a person who was supposed to be cursed. He even fancied my request to show me his spearmanship skills. Needless to say, he displayed power that could be described as the height of human ability. It was breathtaking.
    He left the next day and we never saw each other again.

Afterwards, I began to hear rumours of a man known as the "Skirmisher" who challenged various martial arts schools and partook in almost every arena battle. I may have no proof of this but I knew this was the man I met not long ago..
    I wondered if he really did enjoy fighting or there was something else that drove him? Out of curiosity, I asked my master on his thoughts on the rumours..

"There are many ways we find fulfilment in life, whether he finds it in duelling we will never know. However, remember what you learned that day, you first met"
    said my master.

I remembered his impeccable spearmanship but most of all, I remembered the curse of the "Demonic Lance" and his struggle to suppress its power.
    Could this be the reason why he fights? Does he want to overcome its torturous curse? I can only guess the answer and imagine his agony.
    But what I am certain of is, that I have met a true warrior.
    The Highlanders have wandered through out Arad for almost an eternity. They have forgotten their past and do not carry anything of value.
    Having been born without wealth. They have detached themselves from the material world and all its sensitivities. They bow to no one and prays to no god.

Some would say their life is meaningless but for the Highlanders, actions are more important than words or stature.

These are proud and fearless warriors who have honed their life for war and showcase their worth on the battlefield.

They are men who refuses to become a stepping stone for the glory of others and even when death is before them, they stuggle on until their very last breath.

This is the way of the Highlander.
    Ib. Basic Info
    Armor Type: Light Armor
    Weapon of Choice: Lance
    Damage type: Full Percent(not counting some base skills which are fixed + percent)
    Attack Speed: Very Fast
    Difficulty: Medium

Ic. Pros/Cons
    -Pros-
    Fast skills for fluid combos/juggling
    Mirage ability allows for cancellation of most skills or to chain into other skills
    Lots of evasive maneuvers for counter/defensive purposes
    Unique playstyle
    Par Z-axis range
    Good "positioning" skills and super armor for most skills

-Cons-
    Lacks top tier burst damage
    Can have a confusing learning curve for hotkeys/inputs for some
    Can suffer MP issues without decent gear or MP management
    Ungrabbable/super armored bosses may pose a challenge
    DPS can vary depending on how willing to gear the class you are

II. Skills
    This section will cover general skills, subclass skills, TP passives, and so on recommendations as well as how to use each. Each skill will come with a video demonstration as well.

IIa. General Skills

0.png Backstep - You get this automatically but I figured it's worth mentioning that our backstep doesn't hop backward like every other class. Instead we slide backward, our Mirage Stance skill also does this if no skills are being used.

46.png Quick Rebound - Still a must have skill for invincibility frames if you're ever knocked down.
    Recommended level - MAX

76.png Basic Training - Increases your auto attack damage. I'm mentioning this as our 2nd awakening gives our auto attacks afterimages, so don't be afraid to auto attack here and there!

20.png Indomitable Spirit - Casts super armor while we cast. We only have one buff and it's pretty short as is, I would only use this in pvp to bait.
    Recommended level - 0

8.png Ancient Memory - We don't use magic, skip.
    Recommended level - 0

6.png Leap - Pretty useless for pve but could be useful in pvp with the skill Paratrooper. There's very few situations I can think of that make this skill a priority.
    Recommended level - 0

34.png Physical Critical Hit - We want physical criticals always, keep in mind you can get 100% crit rate with gear/passives toward end game though. So you could always take SP out of it if you have too much. Until then though, you definitely want as much physical crit as you can get.
    Recommended level - MAX, Preference depending on gear.

12.png Physical Rear Attack - We dont back attack often enough for this to become useful.
    Recommended level - 0

38.png Magical Critical Hit - We don't do magic damage.
    Recommended level - 0

40.png Magic Rear Attack - What did I just say?
    Recommended level - 0

10.png Throw Mastery - If only this applied to our lance when we threw it...
    Recommended level - 0

110.png Damage Conversion - Mark it as "Physical". Not like we have any magic attacks(yet) anyway but you can never be too sure.

IIb. Base Class Skills

46.png Helm Shot - Our basic launch attack. Wonderful for pve and pvp juggles, level 1 is enough in PVE to juggle with though.
    Recommended level - 1

48.png Quick Punto - A quick stab forward, our 2nd awakening passive gives this an extra hit. Also can be used in conjunction with other punto skills with our 2nd awakening passive. The damage it does is very low though, so I would either choose to skip or get level 1 for the speed boost it grants the skill combination after 2nd awakening. More on this is stated in the 2nd awakening section.
    Recommended level - 1

52.png Hook and Throw - Our basic grab, it has a very wide range so that it can even grab an enemy from behind you. Keep in mind despite that it is a grab, it does NOT have invincibility frames during the grab. Still would get level 1 because it is great for positioning enemies and interrupting animations. Not to mention Skirmisher skills are all generally directly in front of you as well, so this is a great set up skill.
    Recommended level - 1

24.png Side Slash - This is more of a Vanguard skill, we don't have much that benefits from it. I can only see this being useful in pvp, so skip this.
    Recommended level - 0

56.png Paratrooper - Skirmishers have a lot of air time with one of our skills ("Rising Lance"), so getting this would be an essential part. It acts similarly to the skill "Ashe Forke" from slayers, except your momentum shfts differently and the launching hitbox is more at the end of the landing of your lance. Get 1 level for the sake of reaching the ground quicker after "Rising Lance" and of course having some Z-axis movement control for defensive purposes. You can also change the way you're facing using this, say using "Rising Lance" to the right, you can hold left and use this skill to shoot down diagonally left. This skill s deadly in pvp for mind games as well.
    Recommended level - 1

54.png Endure - This is our version of the slayer's "Guard". Except you have the option to hit the X key(auto attack) after being attacked during it to make a long forward super armored stab. You can be pushed back slightly during this skill while guarding, for pve it's very nice to counter the roar from bosses when they've been hit too often. Not required but definitely handy, I wouldn't max it though since you should be keeping enemies under constant agressive play anyways.
    Recommended level - 0, 1
    This video shows how the guard works and how the counter mechanic works.

66.png Ankle Cut - Also more of a Vanguard skill. It's useful in pvp as a nice Y-axis floor sweeper, but if you feel like you need more of that in pve to acompany your skills, you can get level 1. We have a much better version similar to this skill as a Skirmisher though.
    Recommended level - 0

50.png Surround Break - This is the Demonic Lancer's version of "Drive Slash/Triple Slash" from Slayers. You can attack up to 3 times and change directions with each attack, ending with a slam down that knocks enemies up a bit. Some use this as a means to move around quickly, it's decent but we do have many other more useful skills to invest SP into.
    Recommended level - 0, 1
    This demonstration shows the alternate attacks and the extra hit when you get the TP passive for this skill.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Idol Idol x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    IIc. Skirmisher Specific Skills

64.png Long Lance Training - A passive skill that increases our physical attack strength, attack speed, hit rate, and reduces cooldown time of our skills. A must max skill. If you're using a Halberd temporarily until you find a more decent Lance though, you could reduce this to 0 until then.
    Recommended level - MAX, 0 if using a Halberd

58.png Mirage Stance - Mirage Skill - This is the fundamental mirage skill of Skirmishers. When used alone, it's just our backstep. When you use a non-mirage skill(anything that isn't "Swirling Spear", "Ground Seeker", and "Rising Lance", and our 1st/2nd awakening active skills) and use "Mirage Stance" during, it allows you to leave a mirage of yourself in place to continue the skill. You will just backstep and the skill will continue to completion as it normally would. This is the only mirage skill that can have it's command inputs adjusted as other skills require this + an input to be used for command inputs. For example, "Rising Lance" is Up + "Mirage Stance". So if you make "Mirage Stance" default command input the spacebar key, you'll be pressing Up + Spacebar to use "Rising Lance". Of course this means you can hotbar "Mirage Stance" and use directional inputs for the other mirage skills as well. You can use this skill in several ways for offensive and defensive purposes. After 2nd awakening, you gain a small amount of invincibility frames when used, making escaping a cluster of attacks from a skill much safer.
    Recommended level - MAX
    This video shows how Mirage Stance can be used to cancel out of skills.

4.png Swirling Spear - Mirage Skill - Your first actual mirage skill that's an attack. You jet your lance directly in front of you and it has a VERY strong vacuum effect, even on downed enemies. Our 2nd awakening passive also let's this have an afterimage of it. This skill can be used during any non-mirage skill to combo. Such as using "Twin Punto", if you use "Swirling Spear" during it, "Twin Punto" will continue on as if you cancelled it with "Mirage Stance" but you will be using "Swirling Spear" in conjunction with it. It's decent for damage but you'll mainly be using it in coordination with attacks to position enemies better, canceling cube skills, and keeping a constant flow of hitstun/damage going on enemies. If you're using a contract or need SP for something better though, you can drop a few levels of this skill but I don't recommend that as it has a decently short cooldown. You also have super armor while using this skill. It's command input is Forward + "Mirage Stance".
    Recommended level - MAX, Preference
    This video shows the properties of Swirling Spear's vacuum effect and mirage cancel ability.

0.png Aura Lance - Our first and only active buff skill. It gives all of your hits an additional hit by taking a % chunk of the damage the original hit does and applying it again. It goes up in intervals of 2, at max level it's about 30% of your skill's original damage. It can be boosted beyond that though to deal much more, with proper buff swapping(see later in guide) it can deal over 50%. This also means you'll be comboing more, which means you may proc effects from gear at a higher chance. This buff is what's known as "Elenore" or "Bonus Attack Damage", meaning another line of damage will show when you attack and is stackable. There's no reason you shouldn't get this, even if you don't buff swap.
    Recommended level - MAX
    This video shows how the buff grants you an additional hit and extra line of damage when you attack.

124.png Ground Seeker - Mirage Skill - This is our second mirage skill attack. It sweeps the ground in a 360 clockwise motion and juggles enemies into the air, sending them spinning. This skill has very strong burst and the strength that it sends enemies flying is amazing. It's also of course a mirage skill, so it allows you to use it during non-mirage skills. You're super armored during this skill and the 2nd awakening passive gives it an additional hit. It's command input is Down + "Mirage Stance". The only reason I would leave this as an SP dump is if you're leveling all your cube skills with a contract.
    This video shows the juggle property of Ground Seeker and it's ability to be cancelled through other skills.

126.png Double Punto - Jabs your spear in front of you two times in succession while super armored. The tip of the attack deals the most damage to emphasize keeping range on opponents. Our 2nd awakening passive gives this an afterimage and of course "Aura Lance" brings that to a total of 6 hits. It's very strong, quick, and is boosted by several passives we have. Our 2nd awakening passive also allows us to use this skill after "Quick Punto" and gains a speed boost for it. It makes for a very nice combo with "Swirling Spear" and has a short cooldown for the damage it does overall. The only reason I could see leaving this skill as an SP dump, would be if you were managing a contract build.
    Recommended level - MAX, Preference if contract build
    This video shows the difference between hitting with the tip of Double Punto and mid stab. You'll notice a red shockwave is produced if the tip of the lance is connected.

2.png Storm - Spins your spear upward in front of you to hack through enemies. You're super armored during it and it lasts a decent amount of time to be used in conjunction with your mirage skills. It's hitstun sends enemies upward but it can vary depending on the opponent. It's one of the more stylish attacks but it can be dropped in levels if you need SP for something else. You can hold forward for an extra 2 hits.
    This video shows the properties of the skill Storm.

60.png Rising Lance - Mirage Skill - This is our final mirage attack skill and it is outstanding... It's as someone put it, a "super Neck Snap". You leap up and shoot your lance at a diagonal angle into enemies, super holding them for a good 3-4 seconds. This super hold works on just about anything and is very easy to combo with during other non mirage skills. After activated you only control the movement of where your character jumps towards, whether it's backward or forward. The moment you use the skill, you are set to face that direction until the lance is thrown and this skills also gains an additional hit from the 2nd awakening passive. It's VERY strong and holds anything down, even pins down enemies that are airbourne into the ground. You can also use "Paratrooper" or "Rolling Vulcan" right after this skill. Anything your lance impales is immobilized and turns white until the lance vanishes. It's command input is Up + "Mirage Stance". You're super armored until the lance has been thrown down.
    Recommended level - MAX
    This video shows how Rising Lancer can super hold regular, super armored, and ungrabbable enemies. It also shows how to cancel through regular skills.

6.png Chain Wave Lance - Thrusts you forward with your lance and shoves anything in front of you with you. This skill has properties of a regular grab, ungrabbable enemies can't be shoved but they do receive the damage. It can shove super armored enemies. You can control how far forward or back you thrust with the forward or backward keys, it's a very decent skill to mob enemies together or to move quickly. It's damage isn't the greatest though and could put you in a bad position against ungrabbable enemies. No one would blame you for dropping a few levels from it but it is a great set up skill. If an enemy is shoved into a wall, they bounce off it just like a Grappler's "Fling" would normally cause. You're super armored during the initial thrust of this skill.
    Recommended level - Preference
    This video shows the properties of Chain Wave Lance's grab on regular, super armored, and ungrabbable enemies. It also shows you can control the distance by holding a directional key.

10.png Sky Piercer - Cube Skill(1) - A three point attack that drags enemies to you the first hit, sends them upward the second, and stabs on the third in an upward motion. You're super armored during this skill and only can mirage near after the second strike. The first attack and second attack yank enemies hard into place to set up for the third strike. This skill is an outstanding set up for "Rising Lance" and the hitbox actually strikes in front of you despite the spear being thrust diagonally upward. This is your first cube skill and is a great room clearing or mobbing skill. Against ungrabbable/super armored enemies though, this skill can put you in potential danger unless properly using mirage skills to evade attacks. The damage it does is pretty good but if you find yourself unable to use it at an opportune for the majority of boss fights, you could drop it down in levels for the sake of just using it for clearing/mobbing rooms in favor of other cube skills.
    This video shows the radius of Sky Piercer's hitbox and it's properties on regular, super armored, and ungrabbable enemies.

8.png Mesocyclone - Cube Skill(1) - Spins your spear overhead covering a 360 degree area for a duration of time. This is also a great skill to use mirage stance skills with as it's duration is long. You're super armored during it and it has a decent vacuum effect when you get the EX for it. Despite that the skill animation is overhead, it can hit enemies that are on the ground as well. The hitstun pulls enemies toward you and juggles enemies well even if mirage cancelled. This is your second cube skill and may also be dropped in levels in favor of other skills if you need SP.
    This video shows the properties of Mesocyclone on regular, super armored, and ungrabbable enemies without the TP passive.

14.png Vital Strike - Cube Skill(2) - This skill is interestingly enough almost like a detonation skill. You stab at lightning speeds multiple times at all the pressure points on an opponent, then slash away the points for a burst of damage. You can tap this to move and attack faster as well as hold a direction to move in that direction during the skill. This skill has 2 portions, the stabs and the final slash. The stabs put small red points on your opponent that can be left on and deal ticks of damage over time. The slash at the end however, slashes away all those points at once, immediately causing them all to damage your enemy together. In other words, if you stab an enemy but they don't get hit by that slash, the small points will one by one tick damage until they're all gone or until it is dead. Very interesting skill in pvp and you're super armored during the entire animation. It's very important to note that your positioning for this skill is crucial. It automatically pushes enemies back but the hitbox for the "pressure points" are in the red area of the stabs towards the end of your spear. So if you're up too close or too far away, you'll lack damage because you won't be putting as many pressure points on the enemy. This skill is also amazing to use with mirage skills and deals amazing damage.
    Recommended level - MAX
    This video shows the differences in landing the final strike of the skill and the hitbox for landing pressure points on enemies for optimal damage.

IId. First Awakening/EX Active Skills

18.png Aura Force Javelin - EX Cube Skill(5) - Your 1st awakening active skill sends a series of mirages to attack as you charge all of your aura into a lance to hold down a large area of enemies. The start of the skill activates a whirlwind that positions enemies to be directly in front of the attack, even positions/breaks super armored enemies but not ungrabbable ones on te first hit. The hit just before you leap into the air juggles and sends enemies into the same spin state that "Ground Seeker" causes. After the succession of attacks, you launch the spear diagonally downward and super hold any enemies within that area for a good 4-5 seconds. Once you have level 6 of this skill, the whole animation keeps you under invincibility frames.
    This video shows how the awakening affects regular, super armored, and ungrabbable enemies.

16.png Mirage Stream - Your awakening passive boosts all of the Skirmisher's skills as well as "Surround Break". Nothing much to say to this other than it's a must have skill.
    Recommended level - MAX

20.png Rolling Vulcan - EX Cube Skill(2) - Pressing the skill has you leap a great distance on the Z axis and super armored the entire time until you land. You control how far you travel and if activated again you can shoot a dozen aura lances like a shotgun diagonally downward. You can shoot them twice(without any OV sets) and if pressed while already in mid air, you will automatically shoot the lances. The closer you are to an enemy the more hits/burst the enemy takes of course and if you use both attacks, the super armor ends. This is a decent skill to follow up "Rising Lance" with and then continue into "Paratrooper". It's a strong skill but it can feel annoying to some to get it close to the enemy to get all of it's burst damage in. It's decent burst damage though when properly executed and serves great movement utility. If you truly don't like using it though, you can drop it entirely but you will be missing out on some quick decent burst damage.
    Recommended level - MAX, Preference, 1, 0.
    This video shows the distance you can travel using Rolling Vulcan and the use of the skill in mid air.

22.png Crescent Strike - EX Cube Skill(2) - Swing your lance in an arcing motion and hitstun enemies forward into the crescent. This skill covers a large area of the Y-axis and the hitstun on it is tremendous, it makes for a good room clearing skill. It's cooldown extremely long for the damage/utility it offers though, so use sparingly. You're super armored during the skill and enemies that aren't ungrabbable will be hit away and hitstunned several times in the crescent. I personally did fine without this skill, but it's preference if you'd like to max or not as it is quite useful and deals good damage.
    Recommended level - MAX, Preference, 1
    This video shows the properties of Crescent Strike to regular, super armored, and ungrabbable enemies.

IIe. Second Awakening skills
    150.png Formless Lance Technique - This passive does so much for us that you don't have an excuse to not max it. It gives us a minor amount of invincibility frames after using mirage stance, boosts all of our mirage skills and non mirage skills, and gives afterimages to our basic attack and "Quick Point, Twin Punto, Swirling Spear, Ground Seeker, Rising Lance". Not only that, but it provides a skill speed boost whenever you chain "Quick Punto > Twin Punto", "Twin Punto > Quadruple Drive", or "Quick Punto > Twin Punto > Quadruple Drive". If you use the full chain, you gain a pretty significant boost in the skill's animation. That would be the only reason I would use "Quick Punto" but if you don't use it, you won't lose much as you get a good speed bonus even if you just chain "Twin Punto > Quadruple Drive", and Twin Punto is already decently fast without the use of "Quick Punto".
    Recommended level - MAX
    Comparison Pre-2nd Awakening and after 2nd Awakening Video

146.png Quadruple Drive - Stabs two times quickly, then again ending with a finishing blow. This skill is amazing burst damage and given our passive above, it can be a lot faster than it looks. My strongest suggestion though is to only use it with the chains listed above in "Formless Lance Technique" as alone it can feel very slow and may not always have good hitstun to be considered practical alone. Even if it's just "Double Punto > Quadruple Drive", it's a noticable speed boost to have. This skill also acts similar to Double Punto with the last 2 hits of this skill doing more damage at the tip of the stabs.
    Recommended level - MAX
    This video shows the speed boost differences between the 3 chain links between Quick Punto, Double Punto, and Quadruple drive.

144.png Mist Flare - You flash a great forward leaving only sliced enemies behind you. This skill covers a great Y and X axis and acts very interestingly. It consists of 2 hits; the first hit dashes through, leaving a ton of hitstun on the enemy, then once the animation is finished, a slash knocks over anything hit by the attack. It acts very similarly to a grab as it can even break super armor. It makes a great set up into our mirage skills as well and is nice for room clearing or needing to reach distance quickly. It does suffer a long cooldown though and you have better skills to prioritize, so you can drop levels in it if you need SP for other skills.
    Recommended level - MAX, Preference, 1
    This video shows the properties of Mist Flare to regular, super armored, and ungrabbable enemies.

148.png Lethal Flurry - You focus all of your aura into a stab that hits anything in sight, then stabbing at lightning speeds and ending with a finishing slash. This skill is incredible, it holds pretty much an entire room, including anything within a few meters behind you. Anything hit will be stabbed forward a bit and anything within the area of the blue stabs will receive damage. This skill has a shotgun type of range, in the sense that if an enemy is too up or down the Y axis, they may not receive the full damage of this attack. Anything within the fan of stabs/slashes on the screen will typically take the full heat of this attack. If you land the initial stab of this skill, the enemy will be held until the very end of the animation when you slash. This is a screen wide super hold that deals good damage and can provide good support to parties as well. It deals around 52 hits (including "Aura Lance" buff) to a single target and can easily proc any buffs your gear may provide. You can tap the skill or x button rapidly to increase the speed of this skill.
    Recommended level - MAX
    This video shows the range of the super hold, the range of hits, the amount of hits with and without aura lance, and how it affects enemies on a different plane.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  3. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    IIf. TP/EX Passives
    I will be skipping most of the basic EX passives as they are all not worth investing SP into. Skirmishers have very few passives to invest TP into but we do have some variety with the limited TP we have. All of the Skirmisher passive EX's use 2 TP to level up, all with 5 levels total. With the level 86 cap, we can max up to 3 skills, dump TP into one, with one point into Basic Training EX.

86.png Basic Training EX - This will be where the one point goes into after you're done maxing our subclass skills.

86.png Mirage Attack EX - This is actually a viable option as it gives 10% to each of our mirage attacks. Don't be confused by the icon displayed for it, it helps Rising Lance and Ground Seeker as well. If you didn't want to max a cube skill, this is a great option to dump into or max.
    Recommended level - MAX, Preference, 0

130.png Double Punto EX - This should be a pretty commonly used skill in any build as it's quick, hits hard, low cooldown, and gets boosted by our 2nd awakening passive as well. I can't see a reason not to max it unless you manage a contract build. If that was the case, you can opt to put your TP into another cube skill.
    Recommended level - MAX, Preference depending on contract build

84.png Storm EX - If you're not fond of Sky Piercer or Mesocyclone, this is a decent option to max or dump TP into instead. I would still consider looking at your options before looking at this skill as you have cube skills and mirage skills worth buffing before considering this.

88.png Chain Wave Lance EX - Chain Wave Lance isn't that strong of a skill to begin with and doesn't get many buffs from any passives, so I wouldn't bother investing any TP into this. 10% bonuses of what little it does won't help that greatly and we have better skills available to boost.
    Recommended level - 0

90.png Mesocyclone EX - Seeing how well this works using our mirage skills, you have the option to prioritize it along with your other cube passives. It boosts the damage and gives it a very strong vacuum effect so long as you don't mirage cancel it with just 1 level invested. This skill can be a tossup between Sky Piercer and Storm though based on preference if you use it or want the utility of the vacuum effect.

92.png Sky Piercer EX - This one is also a tossup between Mirage Attack/Mesocyclone really. Some people don't like Sky Piercer enough to max it or use it that often in boss fights since we're left vulnerable during it, it can provide good dps though so it's really up to preference. If you max Sky Piercer, I would max this, if not, might drop this entirely or just leave it as a TP dump.

94.png Vital Strike EX - A must max passive. Vital Strike is already easily one of your strongest cubes available, why not make it stronger?
    Recommended level - MAX

You will be maxing Vital Strike EX and Double Punto EX, so you're really left with deciding to max either Sky Piercer EX or Mesocyclone EX. Then you can use the remaining TP to put into the option you didn't max or your choice of Mirage Attack EX/Storm EX or both if you really dislike both cube skills but I don't recommend that. My personal build was maxing Vital Strike, Double Punto, Mesocyclone, and dumping into Sky Piercer. I may be redoing my build to dump into Mirage Attack EX instead though.

III. Stat/Avatar Goals
    This section will cover what you should be aiming for in skill bonuses, stats, avatars, emblems, and everything to maximize your dps.

IIIa. Stats to aim for
    Skirmishers are indeed a dps class, so obviously you will want to seek as much attack speed, physical crit rate, strength, and physical attack as you can. Elements of course will help depending on the gear you choose.

Buff Swapping - You don't "have" to buff swap but if you want as much damage as you can get, this is a good place to start. This is where you put on all the gear that'll boost "Aura Lance" to provide as much of a % of damage as possible when cast. So far the most optimal for this would be the "Symbol of Fortitude" 6 piece OV set(provides 10% more damage to "Aura Lance", see the OV sectio for more info), Ghost Train/Sea God Ancient legendary pants, Halidom level 30/55/60 top, the "High Tech Ring" that comes from the quest Melvin Richter, and the "Skirmisher Kings Book of Secrets". At max "Aura Lance" should be 30%, +10% from the OV set is 40%, then the ghost train pants, halidom top, high tech ring and sub equipment is another +4 to the skill which means another 8%, totalling in 48% for "Aura Lance". You also have to consider weapons, let's say the epic "Bamboo Lance" which is a +3 to it, you'd have another 6% which brings it to a whopping 54%. Near doubled this skill's original value. If you can get skill tops, platinum emblems, +skill titles and so on, you could actually reach the cap of this skill's damage at 60%.

-Weapon
    Anyting that gives +levels for Aura lance ( bamboo lance beeing the best, but it's an epic)
    -Armor
    Top: Lv 30/55/60 Halidom top
    Bottom: Sea God Pants
    Shoulder: Symbol of Fortitude (event or grind)
    Belt: Symbol of Fortitude (event or grind)
    Shoes: Symbol of Fortitude (luther feat quest)
    -Acessories
    Ring: High Tech Ring (melvin Ritcher feat quest)
    Necklace: Symbol of Fortitude (Luther feat quest)
    Bracelet: Symbol of Fortitude (event or grind)
    -Special equip
    Sub: Skirmisher book of secrets
    Magic Stone: Symbol of Fortitude (Event or grind)

-Credit to @Ark for this

Weapons/Gear - You want to prioritize obtaining a good Lance. A good Lance will boost skills that overall make our damage output better, not just for specific attacks. So anything providing +skill attack bonuses, physical attack/str, bonus damage, critical modifiers, and anything that boosts the following skills "Aura Lance", "Mirage Stream", and "Formless Lance Technique". All of these boost your overall damage output significantly as we have no one focus skill being a dps class. The level 85 Halidom set provides a decent +3 bonus(if you have the full 5 pieces) to our awakening passive "Mirage Stream" which boosts all our skills damage. Epic Lances like the "Bamboo Lance" boost all our sklls from level 1-80 +3 and gives us a critical modifier of 15%. This is good as our class can achieve high amounts of physical critical rate fairly easy. Then consider if you're stacking an element, say you obtained a light attribute lance, consider obtaining the Gracia legendary set from ancients to boost that element's damage as it's applied to all of damage. Overall you want to see out pieces that just makes us well rounded all over. See Demon Lancer Epics for a list of our obtainable epic weapons.

"DPS" - As you know by now, we're a damage per second oriented class. For us to achieve better dps, we want to have more damage faster, so in avatar pieces, gear, and so on, you will want as much attack speed as possible and as much physical attack as possible. When you question "should I get strength of physical attack", refer to This Thread to calculate the damage value. When your physical attack reaches a certain threshold, your STR(strength) will become better as it's a multiplier. When higher STR values start giving you higher damage results than what your P.Atk values are in the equation is when you should consider alternate routes of stat boosts. You will always want to strive for more physical attack though as we're pure percent based. Then you have to consider "Critical" damage, you want to obtain 90-100% physical crit rate so you have practically guaranteed x1.5 more damage. Once you've reached that, you also want to see just how fast you can get with your attacks. All of this applies achieving the highest dps, as faster mirage cancels/skills means more damage in a shorter amount of time.

Titles/Pets/Enchanting - This is trivial but I thought it was worth mentioning for any starting out with this class. Once you've worked out your plans for gearing(for the most part), you may want to consider grabbing titles that increase an element or your p.atk/str. Skirmishers are especially capable of proc'ing titles/gear that has a % chance to activate when hitting enemies. As reaching over 200-500 combos in a mere few seconds is very easy for a class that quickly multi-hits as apart of it's routine. Skill titles and damage modifiers may be useful too, just keep in mind of which damage modifiers don't stack, as you might end up nerfing yourself(i.e. using a title that does 10% smash damage and then using items like "Great Glory Bracelet" that also has a smash damage modifier, making your title a waste). Then think about pets you might find useful, simple ones form the cera shop like Marbas that increase your patk for a short time can be nice, but you will really want pets with passive skills that boost your current skills, provide stackable damage modifiers, and other such bonuses your gear setup would benefit from. Then remember to add enchants through cards/beads for anything you think you're lacking, such as p.crit, str, p.atk, and elemental damage.
    IIIb. Avatar Stats/Emblems
    Hat: Spirit
    Hair: Spirit
    Face: Atk. Spd
    Torso: Atk. Spd
    Top: Aura Lance/Long Lance Mastery
    Pants: Max HP
    Shoes: Strength
    Waist: Evasion Rate
    Skin: Preference. I recommend magical as we are still a melee class, we do put ourselves at risk of aoe magic attacks. We're outmatched at physical melee combat with our range and utility as is. This can also vary on your gear(i.e. using Cloth armor).

- Emblems -
    Red: Strength
    Yellow: Attack Speed
    Green: P.Crit or P.Crit/Str Mixed if you have enough P.Crit
    Blue: Hit Rate/Movement Speed
    Skin/Aura: Strength, attack speed, or P.Crit if lacking
    Platinum: Aura Lance(Buff Swappable), Long Lance Training, Vital Strike

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  4. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    IV. Gameplay/Misc Info
    In this section, you can view epic/legendary lance showcases, OV set gears, combo guides, and specific dungeon runs with Skirmishers. This section also includes OV set descriptions and recommendations, as well as questions that are commonly asked about Skirmishers.
    IVa. Showcase Videos
    Special thanks to LunaBoy for some requested runs I asked of him.
    Goblin Kingdom

Castle Nebulous

Rangelus' Guerillas
    Void Rift

Bakal's Castle

Dark Side
    Your video can be here! Just leave a comment below in what it's showing off and it'll be considered for posting here. Showcasing a weapon, doing OV/Ancient dungeons in record timing, Anton solo/groups? Anything that shows what a Skirmisher is made of!
    IVb. Otherverse Gear/Recommendations
    The Skirmisher's Chronicle sets are nothing you should want to rely on actively for end game content, however they are useful to get into end game gearing and one of them is a VERY useful Buff Swap set for end game as well. Below is the OV2/OV3 sets you can obtain and their set effects as well as what I would recommend to obtain.
    Credit to @Ark for the early translations and table set up.
    Orthodox Lancer
    3 Set
    • Long Lance Training stats increased by 10%
    • Double Punto skill attack damage increased by 20%
    • Quick Punto skill attack damage increased by 20%
    6 Set
    • Storm spin count increased by 4 and cooltime decreased by 30%
    • Mesocyclone 20% range increase and -20% cooldown
    9 Set
    • Long Lance Training stats increased by 20%
    • Sky Piercer skill attack damage increased by 30%, cooltime decreased by 30%, and clear cube fragment consumption increased by 1
    • Mesocyclone skill attack damage increased by 30%, cooltime decreased by 20%, and clear cube fragment consumption increased by 1
    Mirage Prophet
    3 Set
    • Mirage Stance cooltime decreased by 30%
    • Ground Seeker skill attack damage increased by 30%
    • Mesocyclone range increased 15%
    6 Set
    • Swirling Spear skill attack damage increased by 40% and cooltime decreased by 20%
    • Rising Lance skill attack damage increased by 30%
    • Mesocyclone range increased by 20%
    9 Set
    • Rising Lance skill attack damage increased by 50% and holding time increased by 30%
    • Mesocyclone skill attack damage increased by 30%, range increased by 30%, cooldown decrease by 20% and clear cube fragment consumption increased by 1
    • Ground Seeker skill attack damage increased by 30%
    Noble Spearman
    3 Set
    • Swirling Spear spin count decreased by 2, skill attack damage increased by 50%, and gathering strength increased by 10%
    6 Set
    • Storm spin count decreased by 2 and skill attack damage increased by 50%
    • Mesocyclone skill attack damage increased by 20% and spin speed increased by 30%
    9 Set
    • Vital Strike stab count decreased by 3, skill attack damage increased by 40%, and clear cube fragment consumption increased by 1
    • Rolling Vulcan buckshot count decreased by 1, skill attack damage increased by 60%, cooldown reduced by 20%. and clear cube fragment consumption increased by 1
    Symbol of Fortitude
    3 Set
    • Rolling Vulcan projectile increased by 4 and buckshot concentration increased by 30%
    6 Set
    • Aura Lance stat increased by 10%
    • Crescent Strke hit interval decreased by 20%, cooltime decreased by 30% and clear cube fragment consumption increased by 1
    • Rolling Vulcan skill attack damage increased by 20%
    9 Set
    • Crescent Strike skill attack damage increased by 40% and cooltime decreased by 40%
    • Rolling Vulcan skill attack damage increased by 30%, cooltime decreased by 30% and clear cube fragment consumption increased by 1
    Grand Piercer
    3 Set
    • Chain Wave Lance skill attack damage increased by 20%
    • Quick Punto skill attack damage increased by 20%
    6 Set
    • Vital Strike skill attack damage increased by 40%, cooltime decreased by 10%, and clear cube fragment consumption increased by 1
    • Chain Wave Lance skill attack damage increased by 30%
    9 Set
    • Vital Strike slash skill attack damage increased by 50%, stab count increased by 3, cooltime decreased by 20% and clear cube fragment consumption increased by 1
    • Chain Wave Lance skill attack damage increased by 30%
    • Double Punto skill attack damage increased by 30%
    Imperious Challenger
    3 Set
    • Sky Piercer skill attack damage increased by 20%, 1st hit range increased by 10%
    • Rolling Vulcan skill attack damage increased by 15%
    • Crescent Strike skill attack damage increased by 15%
    6 Set
    • Rolling Vulcan buckshot count increased by 1, buckshot concentration rate reduced, cooldown decreased by 10%, clear cube consumption increased by 1
    • Vital Strike skill attack damage increased by 10%
    • Crescent Strike skill attack damage increased by 10%
    • Sky Piercer skill attack damage increased by 10% and increased range of 1st attack +10%
    9 Set
    • Rolling Vulcan skill attack damage increased by 30%, +1 bonus buckshot, and clear cube fragment consumption increased by 1
    • Vital Strike skill attack damage increased by 50% and clear cube fragment consumption increased by 1
    • Sky Piercer +30% attack damage

OV2 Set Recommendations
    Orthodox Lancer: This set is rather iffy. The Long Lance Training bonus looks good until you realize you've given up 3 or 9 slots to get it that could easily replace the benefits it provides. The only skills affected are mostly long dps skills like Mesocyclone and Storm. It buffs quick punto but that's not exactly a great damage skill as is. you really have to adore Mesocyclone and Storm to like this set, as you'll be lacking burst using this.
    Rating: 1/5
    Mirage Prophet: This set is actually well rounded for your mirage skills and Mesocyclone. With the Mirage Stance cooldown it helps all around maintain dps. The range Mesocyclone provides as well as the Rising Lancer hold time increase may be a nice utility to have though. For the most part, it seems like a good room clearing set with all the range and utility you gain from it. It doesn't boost your higher damage cube skills however, so this is an optional set among a few.
    Rating: 4/5
    Noble Spearman: This set basically makes you more of a burst class all around decreasing the spins and stabs on some skills in return for more strength for them. It's an okay set but the lack of cooldown decreases in it while giving up the duration of attacks makes me question how worthwhile it may be for harder content. You never want to be without a skill available to you when attacking as part of the Skirmisher's role is to keep a constant flow of dps. However it could be a decent set for fast OV clears.
    Rating: 2/5

OV3 Set Recommendations

Symbol of Fortitude: This is our buff swap set as 6 pieces can be used to boost your Aura Lance 10%. As a whole set it only boosts our awakening active cube skills a decent amount, but I would definitely grab the 6 pieces for this just to buff swap as more damage is always welcome in any dungeon. As a whole set it could be okay for clearing OV dungeons but I would only use it as a buff swap set for end game content as it's not well rounded enough.
    Grand Piercer: This set makes Vital Strike deadly, giving it more hits, 90% more damage, and reducing it's cooldown by 30% total full set. It also boosts Double Punto a very decent amount and makes Chain Wave Lance actually worth maxing in levels. It comes off as a one trick pony type of set but for the cooldown in Vital Strike and power, it may be worth using to get into end game gear or for clearing OV. My only disappointment with it is that it doesn't cover more useful skills like our mirage skills and other cube skills.
    Rating: 3/5
    Imperious Challenger: This set acts like a good margin between burst and dps. It turns Rolling Vulcan into a primary usable skill for burst and rounds out other good cube skills in your arsenal as well. This would be a decent set to use to get into end game gear as it boosts Sky Piercer, Rolling Vulcan, Vital Strike, and Crescent Strike. The only con is the lack of cooldown reduction on said skills other than Rolling Vulcan.

IVc. F.A.Q.(Frequently Asked Questions)

1. Q. Is this class hard?
    A.
    Not at all! In fact, it's much easier than my guide probably makes it seem. All it takes is a little interest and patience. The learning curve ends up becoming muscle memory and part of the fun of trying a new class! No harm in trying it out in the end.

Q. Does it matter if I use a Halberd over a Lance?
    A.
    Ultimately you want to aim for using a Lance as our passive "Long Lance Training" benefits the use of this. However there will be several ocassions where you may find a Halberd in hell mode and it might surpass your current weapon in stats. In this case, you would use it and drop "Long Lance Training" to 0 until you found something better. I would not recommend opting out of using a Lance as Skirmishers specialize in speed and they typically provide good skill bonuses to our awakening passives, "Aura Lance" and other regular skills.

3. Q. I can't change the command input of my mirage skills, help?
    A.
    This is actually intentional, as described above in the skill description for "Mirage Stance", you cannot change the inputs for the attack skills but only for "Mirage Stance". You can choose to make "Mirage Stance" any input you want and use that as a base for your mirage attacks. For example, they make it default "Spacebar" to use "Mirage Stance", which would mean if you wanted to use "Ground Seeker", it would be "Down + Spacebar". you can also decide to hotkey "Mirage Stance" alone and use the key it's on + a direction to use attacks as well. Such as placing it on the "S" key, you would then press "Down + S" to use "Ground Seeker" and so on. You of course can also hotkey all of the skills individually, but may not be recommended if you get the level 85 lance that gains attack damage for every empty skill hotkey.

4. Q. Is this class better than the Vanguard?/What is the difference between Skirmisher and Vanguard?
    A. This is also sometimes asked as "which subclass is better?". Ultimately this is for you to decide, both Demonic Lancer subclasses specialize in their own roles. Skirmishers utilize speed, utility, and constant dps with their mirage cancel ability for a good flow of dps. Vanguards provide wide range burst oriented slashes for strong immediate damage while chaining skill into skill. The only difference mainly is a Skirmisher specializes in dps while Vanguards specialize in burst damage. Both subclasses have unique forms of skill cancelling, from Skirmisher's mirages finishing attacks for him and the Vanguard's Skill > Smash > Skill ability. What you decide is "better" is the one you enjoy playing! No one can tell you which one is more "fun". If anything, breeze through this guide and see if Skirmishers might be something you would be interested in playing, you always can play/try both in the end!

5. Q. What Chronicle/OV gear should I farm if any?
    A.
    If you're seeking optimal damage, you will want the "Symbol of Fortitude" 6 piece set to buff swap for "Aura Lance". There are other sets recommended listed above in the OV section labeled "IVb." if you're wanting a set that has enough excorcism to solo both OV2 and OV3 dungeons. Some can use the "Grand Piercer" or "Imperious Challenger" 9 piece sets or even a level 85 Halidom armor set as it boosts our awakening passive +3 counting all the bonuses. The "Mirage Prophet" set is very nice for utility and cleaning up rooms too. For most end game you will want to aim for legendary/epic sets though.

6. Q. When do I have enough Physical Crit Rate?
    A. If you see above in section "IIIa." under "DPS", I describe your goals for p.atk, strength, and critical rate. However in short, you want enough to be able to make a majority if not all of your attacks land as a critical hit. This is especially crucial if you're using gear that modifies your "critical attack damage". If you're not landing critical hits often enough, that bonus in damage won't matter very much in the end.

7. Q. How often should I be auto attacking?
    A. I ran into this question myself a few times when doing some skill rotations. Our 2nd awakening gives us extra afterimages for our auto attack and you may find yourself in moments where you may not have a viable skill to use 24/7. In those moments you may want to space out your skills with auto attacks. Don't be afraid to use "Mirage Stance" alone on skills just to auto attack if your other skills are on cd. Any damage/hitstun is still damage/hitstun worth adding. If you find yourself auto attacking for a good 3-5 seconds without a skill available, you may want to think about some different rotations or spreading out the duration of your skills more. You don't have to always instantly mirage cancel the very second you begin a skill, seek your best interest for damage versus survivability.

8. Q. Does this class need heavy funding to be good?
    A.
    I'll answer this one with a question of my own, what are your intentions for your Skirmisher? If you're planning to main it, then it needs as much gearing as any other DPS class you would want to do good damage with. If it's just an alt character, it does just fine with a basic halidom set and +10 Unique or higher Lance to clear Slayer Road dungeons of Castle of the Dead. It doesn't need over the top gear to join or clear end game content but it's certainly no cake walk. To put it short and simple, you don't need a +12 Lance + Epics to see yourself doing damage, but that's not to say you don't want to achieve that type of gear either. Your Skirmisher is as good as you make it and the effort put in will be returned back.

9. Q. What would be a good title for this class?
    A.
    Anything that provides patk, elemental damage, bonus damage, proc-based stats, or +skills. Just like in section IIIa., you will want to cover your primary focus of stats for optimal dps. Some good examples for nice titles are "Katana, Ninja, Doppelganger of Fire/Light/etc, and Passionate Samba". Other titles may be gimmicky or not of great a use to your arsenal. For example, the title "Ice Bucket" offers decent stats but the bonus on it is only -8% cooldown. Seeing as we're a class that doesn't suffer from long cooldowns, we would sooner take up an option that would boost our damage.

10. Q. What is our BiS weapon(Best in Slot)?
    A. There seems to be an indecision about this one between 2 specific epic lances right now. The Bamboo Lance and the Serpant Spike. The Bamboo has a nice crit modifier and boosts every skill from 1-80 +3 times while also dealing extra damage on human enemies. However the Serpant Spike has +15 elenore/bonus damage and +3% skill attack damage(smash) for every empty hotkey you have. The answer to this is solely up to you for now; if you dont like command inputs but want good damage, the Bamboo Lance is a good way to go but harder to obtain since it only drops from the lancer APC's in hell mode. The Serpant Spike supposedly outputs more damage but you have to rely on using command inputs. You also have to take into consideration your armor set up as you have to remember which damage modifiers don't stack with each other.

11. Q. What is the minimum for Anton Normals or Anton Raid?
    A. The minimum you would need to participate in regular Anton would be full halidom 80 or 85 with some decent accessories, preferably better than magic seals. I strongly suggest a liberation weapon or a +10 epic lance at the very least to provide any damage. For Anton Raid, I confirmed with 흐켱의소울 himself. The minimum you could join a group in would be the level of a 3 piece Gigantic Presence accessories, 6 piece Gracia armor, and a +11 or +12 epic or liberation long lance. Again, these are MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS. You should strive for epics as always but if you want a guaranteed entrance into the raid, you will need to farm the gigantic presence set from normal anton, full gracia from ancients, and get a decent legendary lance or better that is +11 to +12 depending on the lance.

IVd. Combo Guide
    If you have not read the skills for both regular and EX of this guide or in game, I STRONGLY recommend you do before reading this portion of the guide. This section will list videos and skill combinations you can use or learn for running dungeons. Each video below will show the combo demonstrated alone, then will show the possible ways the combo can be used to further string skills for grouping or damage. I also left some info on how viable each combo is when used in a group compared to solo(refer to the color scale below). Ultimately you can do any combinations you can find, this section is only a template for getting started or improving on how to play a skirmisher efficiently.

Party Friendliness Color Scale
    Red - Avoid using in parties
    Yellow - Can be used in parties but be cautious on timing/precision
    Green - Works very efficiently in parties

Basic Setup Combos

Required Skills - Chain Wave Lance, Sky Piercer, Rising Lancer.
    Combo Layout - 6.png > 10.png > 60.png
    Text Version - Chain Wave Lance > Sky Piercer > Rising Lancer
    Party Friendliness - Not good as all skills used greatly change the opponent's positioning.
    Description - This is a basic set up for grouping and setting mobs into a specific spot. Chain wave is optional but useful when entering a room that has a great horizontal length of enemies that cannot be rounded up with just Sky Piercer alone. Rising Lancer then pins down any enemies that haven't died and allows for you to follow through with an attack of your choice. These skills have a decently short cooldown for the grouping and damage you would be dealing as well. After Rising Lancer, you're free to use any aerial skills or to fall straight down and follow up with your long range melee attacks.

Required Skills - Mirage Stance, Chain Wave Lance, Storm/Axial Vortex
    Combo Layout - 2.png > 58.png > 6.png
    Text Version - Storm > Mirage Stance > Chain Wave Lance
    Party Friendliness - Fair, chain wave lance is the only recognizable threat as it can shove enemies out of range or push them to juggle off a wall. I would advise holding the back direction during chain wave lance for less distance or make sure the opponent is under immense holds/hitstuns.
    Description -This is a basic "get in, get out" maneuver. It works exceptionally well on super armored enemies that are attacking as Storm will deal counter damage to them. Using mirage stance accordingly as an evasive dodge is what makes this useful, you are held still in place super armored with Storm but when an enemy begins an attack, you can evade out with mirage stance and thrust back in with chain wave lance. The timing of when to use mirage stance is entirely up to you, you have a split second of invulnerability when using it so take advantage of the opponent to lure them to attack you so you can thrust back and lift them off their feet into a good combo to punish. This combo uses low cd skills and allows you to freely combo with whatever skills you want after chain wave lance.

Burst Combos

Required Skills - Swirling Spear, Vital Strike, Rolling Vulcan
    Combo Layout - 14.png > 4.png > 20.png
    Text Version - Vital Strike > Swirling Spear cancel > Rolling Vulcan
    Party Friendliness - Very good, you can feel out Vital Strike's sweet spot and all skills leave opponent's alone.
    Description
    - This is a very basic and fast burst combo set that's useful for both positioning and punishing bosses. Vital strike's duration lasts long enough for you to position the enemy into the sweet spot of the vital stabs(the red points that make the final slash so devastating) while leaving you more than enough time to use rolling vulcan to bombard the opponent while they are pinned by the constant stabs of vital strike. It's a very fast and easy way to rack over 100 hits in only 1-2 seconds while also dealing out a ton of damage. It's better on opponents that can take hitstun however(i.e. not super armored or ungrabbable) as some bosses have a tendancy to move about the screen and could move through your skills. However if you use hook and throw, chain wave lance, or any skill that will knock an opponent off their feet or hold them down, this combo makes for a great quick burst set and allows good mobility if you need to move. It's excellent in groups where someone is already holding the boss or the boss is hardly moving as is. Tog from the anton dungeons is a good example as groups tend to hold him or Tog attacks and suddenly uses a skill that needs you to move. This combo is quick enough for you to react/move while dishing out decent damage. Just be sure to get in close enough with rolling vulcan for the full effect of the skill's hits and so you can land back in position for another assault.

Required Skills - Swirling Spear, Ground Seeker, Mesocyclone, Vital Strike
    Combo Layout - 14.png > 4.png > 8.png > 124.png
    Text Version - Vital Strike > Swirling Spear cancel > Mesocyclone > Ground Seeker cancel
    Party Friendliness - Very decent, just make sure if you have mesocyclone EX/TP to mirage cancel quickly or vacuum effect will occur and move the opponent(s)
    Description - This is another basic burst combo that uses more shorter and lower level skills to keep your opponent at a decent range. Like the previous combo, Vital Strike pushes the opponent back and swirling spear keeps them in the sweet spot for the vital hits. Mesocyclone helps juggle and hitstun while ground seeker sweeps opponents on their feet to be juggled or for extra damage to end the combo quicker. This combo works well in parties if quick enough as you won't be moving any enemies around from the group and you'll be dealing decent damage over time. Ending mesocyclone with ground seeker allows you to maintain your distance to follow up with a numerous amount of skills at your disposal. Just keep in mind that if you have the TP passive for mesocyclone, you should use ground seeker quickly or else you risk vacuuming the enemy to your position and possibly ruining dps for your party. Otherwise this combo keeps a good long reach range for you and doesn't move the opponent in any awkward directions. The final combo shown shows how mesocyclone interupts the juggle for sky piercer while allowing it's damage to still register, then rising lancer pins the opponent down so crescent strike does not push the enemy back or in any directions. Use this combo when you're considering the group you're partying with, to play adjacent to their playstyle, as no one likes traveling across the room to catch the boss again or missing their own skills because of badly placed combos.

Required Skills - Swirling Spear, Rising Lancer, Mesocyclone, Mesocyclone EX/TP, Rolling Vulcan, Double Punto, Quadruple Drive
    Combo Layout - 8.png > 60.png > 20.png > 126.png > 146.png > 4.png
    Text Version - Mesocyclone > Rising Lancer cancel > Rolling Vulcan mid air > Double Punto > Quadruple Drive > Swirling Spear cancel
    Party Friendliness - Pretty fair, but just remember to use mesocyclone where the opponent(s) stand or else you risk moving them away from your group with mesocyclone EX's vacuum effect. Or don't use mesocyclone at all in the combo chain.
    Description - This is a more advanced technique but VERY useful against super armored or ungrabbable enemies like Darksteel or the boss shown in this video. Enemies that can't be juggled or hitstun well can be bursted with this combo very easily while you still maintain a fair distance away. Using mesocyclone's EX passive, you can vacuum the boss to your exact position to allign for a perfect backward rising lancer. While the boss is held by rising lancer, you can land all the shots of your rolling vulcan up close and safely while also using the recoil from the vulcan shots to return to a fair distance from the boss. Once you land, you can abuse the leftover rising lancer hold time to use your double punto to quadruple drive speed boost combo and cancel quadruple drive with swirling spear. Later in the video I demonstrate other variations of skills you can use once you land from rolling vulcan. This combo allows you to safely burn bosses using your most powerful cube skills by vacuuming and holding them in place while putting you at a perfect/safe distance to use your consecutive punto combo. Just make sure to position yourself correctly for rolling vulcan's shots and for double/quadruple's ending hit stabs as they deal the most damage rather than being up close to the boss. This combo also can work well in parties so long as you don't abuse mesocyclone's vacuum to take away from your group's concentrated burst. It can also be used to clear our large quantities of enemies very quickly.

Required Skills - Swirling Spear, Crescent Strike, Mist Flare, Rising Lancer
    Combo Layout - 22.png > 4.png > 144.png > 60.png
    Text Version - Crescent Strike > Swirling Spear cancel > Mist Flare > Rising Lancer cancel
    Party Friendliness - Decently fair, Just make sure to use crescent Strike at a range or it may drag enemies far away from your group, swirling spear can help vacuum them back into place if timed right as well. If don'e right, it's as good as the combo above, Crescent Strike just happens to be extremely powerful at shoving enemies away when used, so caution must be used.
    Description - A very good and mobile combo for both clearing rooms and dps'ing bosses down. Crescent Strike automatically positions a large portion of the room into the perfect range for your swirling spear to vacuum all enemies close together. After that, Mist Flare sends you through them allowing the hitstun to last long enough for you to land rising lancer as a hold to finish the job. This combo can be extended and be very useful in situations that need you to be more mobile when a gimmick/pattern is to arise out of a boss. The distance Crescent strike + swirling spear ends the enemies at also makes mist flare perfect to use as you won't be too far or too close when dashing through the enemy(ies). I can say I've personally used this combo a few times in Source of the Black Smoke against both Tog and Nerbe. Mobility can be both our greatest defense and offense.

IVe. Anton Raid Check
    In this section, I'll be covering basic requirements, gear setups, and goals to reach that will allow you to be able to viable in completing "Anton Raid". Don't confuse this for Anton normals by any means.

Basic Requirements
    The requirements to join in the raid are pretty standard among many classes. You need to provide at least 1 of 3 roles efficiently(if not more). Support, DPS, Utility are the options, and seeing as we're not a buffing party members, we're left with DPS and utility. DPS is the more key goal to reach higher and higher for but we do offer a decent amount of utility with the amount of holds we provide that last a decent amount of time. However, we're no masters of the holding ability like grapplers, dark templars, and etc, but if you can find a gear setup that makes Rising Lancer a long duration and a shorter cooldown that's reliable, you could be a utility to join raid. The only issue is that for Skirmishers, that's harder to come by, as we realistically only have one reliable super hold not counting our awakening skills. In the end, DPS is the only goal you should reach for as killing a boss before it gets up is better than holding it for centuries.

For typical raiding, you will need to read a basic anton raid guide, have a raid to join that understands the gimmicks throughot the entire dungeon, and set of gear that's able to provide a "significant" amount of damage. If you're not providing in some way for your group or you're dying every turn to gimmicks you don't understand, you might as well be buying a party spot to join. Joining regular anton groups and getting practice with each boss is also very useful as raid has similar bosses and gimmicks. However, keep in mind that Anton Raid is MUCH more difficult than anton normals. HP bars are raised to rediculous amounts, defense is tremendously high, attacks will decimate you, patterns to follow may vary, dungeons will be separated into separate party clears at precise times. You have aproximately 40 minutes to complete phase 1, a 10 minute intermission in between, and another 40 minutes to complete phase 2. If any of this scares you as you read this, you should be reading an anton normal/raid guide right now, running normals, talking to your raid group members, and practicing as much as possible until you're 100% confident you're capable of handling this content. Raid isn't recommended for casual players, but if you're willing to proceed, continue below.

Goals
    The Nugol Test
    Do a Nugol test by killing EX: Giant Nugol within 3 minutes. Everyone who's aware of the nugol test will understand this but I will clarify anyways. Go into Pungjin's Dojo and set yourself up as if you normally would a raid group(use buff swaps, pots you use before bosses, etc). You can also bring a crusader with you if you know you'll be partying with one of the same level to aid in your stats. Then summon a lv100 EX: Giant Nugol into the room with "timer" checked off and set to 3 minutes. Your goal is to kill it within 3 minutes, this will give a good idea of what your "DPS" is or just how much damage you can output within 3 minutes. If you cannot kill it within 3 minutes, you will be considered lackluster as a damage dealer in groups. Some also do this test by setting the timer for 30 seconds and judging their damage within that time. If you can clear within 3 minutes, keep reducing the timer, optimize your damage as much as possible until Nugol takes less and less time to kill each time you obtain more stats/gear. The less time and higher damage, the better and more acceptable.

Knowledge is Power

We've discussed you'll need power for being viable in raid but that alone won't resolve every situation. A good way to get into raid is to start by practicing anton normal groups regularly. Read up on anton normal guides and participate in the regular anton dungeons with public groups, guild groups, any really. Get a routine going and understand each boss pattern until you're 100% knowledgable of what to do for each gimmick. One of the biggest ongoing issues is that players farm for outstanding gear, but the moment that lag kicks in, or a party member messes up, or something doesn't go as planned, the geared player has no idea how to react to the situation or gimmick they're being dealt with. Anton Raid is a serious raid to participate in, you will be raiding with 19 other individuals that will be depending and counting on each other to clear each dungeon within a coresponding time. Knowing the gimmicks will save you and possible party members, even if you're at a godly amount of power, you should always prepare for the worst to happen so you can prevent it. Once you have the ins and outs of the regular anton dungeons, you should look at an Anton Raid guide to see the differences in gimmicks. It's not recommended to join a public group as planning can go in different directions, but find a group that you'll connect with and work well with, plan what you'll be doing and how. Which leads me into my next goal...

The 3 C's
    Coordination, cooperation, and communication. Unless you're at the point of selliing anton raid parties or able to solo the raid yourself, you'll be working with others to succeed in raid. If you have a static group set up or schedule a run with people, plan ahead. Talk with your raid for what dungeons you'll be doing, who you will be partied with and why, discuss the synergy of your party. Obviously as a physical ranged damage dealer, you don't want to be partied with players that mess with your rotation of damage or ruin your dps synergy. Always keep in contact with your raid leader and party leader, make sure what you're doing is right and as planned or a chain reaction can cause disaster within the raid. Raid is easily our hardest content to date, so it should be taken with all confidence that you know what to do, when to do it, and why. There's plenty of time plan and understand as well, there's even intermission between Anton Raid phases to allow your raid to discuss things to improve or what may have went wrong. So long as you're trying your absolute best, you'll do just fine.

Ask Yunha
    Think you've got the basics down? Think you're up to the challenge to join the raid? Ask one of our professionals from KDNF to see just how good you are if you attempt raid in this thread. Post your stats, your damage form nugol tests, or any special comments that may help show how reliable you are. You will be judged for the gear you have on, your stats, and of course your class. If you have the above goals mastered, you should receive a decent grade that says you're A-OK to run a raid. This isn't a requirement of course but it's always worth seeing if you can improve your gear set up in some fashion or how much you'll actually be helping carry in a group.

Gear Setups
    There's a multifold of epic sets, legendary sets, and so on that will make you viable so long as you have a decent nugol time(see above) or can fulfill a role your party needs within anton raid. However, below I will be listing some minimum and optimal sets that will make you viable to join. I want to note now that there aren't any OV sets I recommend bringing into anton raid unless you're using an EXTREMELY good weapon. Otherwise you will be lacking p.atk or elemental damage to be viable in raid.

Weapons

It should go without saying that you ideally want your weapon to be +11 or +12 for optimal damage no matter what weapon you end up using. Anton raid will demand the best damage you can provide and we're a percent class. Some may just get by with +10 but for what you lack, you will need to make up in other areas in your armor/accessories/subequips. Just remember to do a nugol test if you're ever in doubt of how viable you will be.

[​IMG] Soulbreaker - A decent epic and is your BiS if you're stacking water damage, competes with Serpant Spike with the right setup. Also decreases the physical defense of enemies hit, helps out physical groups.
    [​IMG] Serpant Spike - Considered our BiS just below an anton raid weapon with a smash modifier and 15% elenore bonus too. Just make sure your skill slots are empty and you can still be reliable to skill when you need to.
    [​IMG] Bamboo Lance - It's a great buff swap weapon as it gives +3 to all skills up to 80 but it's also a viable epic weapon to use with a crit damage mod of 15%.
    [​IMG] Judgement of Light - A decent epic to pair with a light based setup like the gracia set. Also can reset your core skills after 75 combos is reached(no problem for us).
    [​IMG] Liberation Long Lance - This is the standard weapon to farm for in ancients that provides decent enough amount of stats and damage boost to be viable.
    [​IMG] AMG-28 Shock - Another decent light lance that can drop in ancients and also procs an EMP burst on skills that deals direct damage through defenses. Each EMP deals 1mil damage directly, can be decent with a light setup but would need decent reinforcement to compete with a liberation long lance.
    [​IMG] Nugol Bone Stingray - If you don't have a crit modifier, 18% crit mod is pretty decent. There's also 8000 physical defense reduction on hit.

Armor Sets

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ([​IMG] optional)
    This set comes from farming the quest legendary materials from Noire Ferra and is a superb legendary set to use for stacking a lot of light damage. This is an outstanding set to farm for and couples well with the AMG-28 or the Judgement of Light long lances. Even without a light damage dealing lance, this set can work well with just about anything. I won't go into too many details but 3 pieces gives your weapon natural light damage at the cost of 2 white cube fragments every 30 seconds. At 5 pieces it provides a very high amount of light damage as the invidual pieces provide light elemental damage or lower the resistance of enemies around you. The 5 piece set also provides a 10% chance to proc a light explosion, obtaining 6 pieces provides another chance to proc a light explosion as well as 6% more light damage. So obtaining the subequipment for this could also benefit, also considering how good we are at proc'ing with our many multi hit skills.. The top and bottom also have a chance to proc the shield crusaders cast "light of divinity" if you're attacked. I would consider this to be a minimum/standard set to join anton raid with.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This is arguable the best set for a skirmisher to farm for in hell mode. Each piece individually provides +24 elemental damage(except the shoes) and provides a special proc ability that can be used on an enemy or on every enemy within 400px range. The shoes provide a nice amount movement/attack/cast speed. As a whole set, proc'ing any of the pieces provides an elemental damage bonus, +elemental elenore damage bonus, and the shoes provide attack/movement/casting speeds +20% and attacks inflict +30% damage. Aside from proc'ing several attacks from each piece, the elemental damage bonuses can be very beneficial depending on the weapon/accessories you're running. This an be an outstanding set coupeld with ice princess for a ton of water damage. Of course, this is an epic set, so farming hell mode is the only way. This set can make you a very high tier for anton raid, capable of handling the naval boats and melting Tog easily.

Accessory sets
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This set is obtained from obtaining the quest material from King's Ruins, the ancient dungeon. It's a decent set to grab as it has a damage modifier for both crit and regular damage, some crit rate, good aount of p.atk off the ring, and as a 3 piece set can stun rooms at times. If you don't feel you're confident in anton normals, this set may make a difference to help out. You also can grind for this set while grinding for another ancient set, so it could save you time/antoniums if you don't plan to get gigantic presence. This would be a bare minimum set of accessories to get if you weren't aiming for gigantic presence.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This accessory set is obtained by collecting Antonium through regular anton dungeons and the quests along with them. It's considered probably one of the top if not the best farmable outside hell mode accessory set you can get. The bracelet provides a very decent chunk of critical rate, the necklace provides some elemental damage, and ring some p.atk that's similar to that of the great glory ring. The main reason you would want this set is that the set effects provide -10% skill cd, +10% skill attack, and a proc similar to De Los Glory that gives you 10% more str on a proc chance. As a class that multi hits almost as much as a monk, proc'ing that is no issue and the damage from the combined pieces would certainly benefit any armor/weapon you choose. This is considered the most optimal to get before beginning raid as you can physically farm for it than rely on RNG and it's amazing for any setup you're planning. The set effect stacks as well so you don't have to worry about accidentally stacking a damage mod that will interfere with the rest of your set.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    If you have time to spare and raid is a distance from your schedule, you could consider farming hell mode for one of the best accessory sets DFO has to offer. The ice princess set can be outstanding when coupled with Soulbreaker long lance and with the sea god legendary armor set. however it may not be the best choice if you're running the gracia armor set as there wouldn't be a point to having water damage when you deal so much light damage already. The bracelet passively gives your weaon water damage as well as +22 water element. The necklace and ring both individually provide you with 30 water damage(totals in 88 water damage so far). The freezes enemies once you've been hit, the ring can freeze enemies when you attack them, and the necklace can if you cast (so just aura lance really). As a class that can proc gear easily, freezing enemies can be very simple and be useful for group utility, but the real reason this set is amazing is because of the absurd amount of water damage you gain. As a set; you 50 water damage(+ that 88 from each individual piece), +18% attack damage(that stacks), and an aura that can freeze targets and inflict a nice bit of damage if the freeze lasts longer than 5 seconds. All together, this set makes up a very huge amount of water damage and a nice freeze utility for support. Just keep in mind this IS an epic set and only obtainable through hell mode farming, but for what it provides, could be worth it.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  5. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    Let me know what you think guys ^^, if you want to contribute information or anything you think might be helpful, feel free to comment! Keep in mind it's PVE specific, I don't think I will be covering PVP thoroughly in this guide. This guide will also be under constant progress so long as we don't have english translations for some skills yet. I appreciate any damage testing and help you can provide as well.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  6. you can get mirage stream as a plat emblem in the future?

7. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    I might be wrong on that one ^^; the guide is still a work in progress but if we can get awakening passive skills through platinums, we might be able to buff it. I may be wrong on that though as I never investigated the range of platinum emblems before. Would you happen to know if passive awakening emblems exist?

8. well from what i understand in DFOG you can not get first awake plats and thank you for what your doing!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    Oh that's a shame :(, well thank you for the help! I'm glad to see some participation from the community. Now that I think about it, we might have Lance Training available as a platinum. I'll be glad when we get the translations so I can finalize all this.

10. would asking a skirmisher question be better on here or the general thread?

11. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    Either or, I think you'd find more help on the general discussion for now as this guide is still a work in progress. I answer both threads too.

12. Lemme see if I get it: So the thing about Mirage stance is that if I cancel non-mirage skills with Mirage stance/mirage skills a mirage will appear to continue the non-mirage for me? is that correct?

13. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    That's pretty correct. I'll be able to post video demonstrations come 8/19/2016 but the idea is you can use a normal skill and you have the option to use any of the 4 mirage skills listed to cancel it and allow it to continue on. It's almost similar to the Kinoichi's clone skills, except rather than recording and then having the clone do it all, you can have your mirage do it mid skill. Kinda like a fake-out you have on demand than a pre-determined recording.

This is a very outdated video but it demonstrates how mirage stance works alone and how your 3 mirage skill attacks can be used mid regular skills.
    Again, it's very outdated(they used to NEED to cancel to use those mirage skills), as they replaced the spinning skill buff with Ground Seeker now. However 0:55 shows Surround Break's first hit being cancelled with Mirage Stance, then Storm being Mirage Stanced. 1:06 shows Swirling Spear interupting the first hit of Surround Break, and again with Storm.

14. So the optimal damage is to cicle between mirage and non-mirage skills? Also, the buff that Aura Lance gives is smash or elenore? From the description, it looks like it's a one of the modifiers. If the awnser is yes, we just skip weapons that gives smash/elenore?

15. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    That's correct. It's another line of damage, so it's elenore. Elenore stacks in all cases, if you get a smash weapon you'll deal more damage on your attacks which means your Aura Lance will take a % of that. Thank you for reminding me to mention that!

16. Pyros

It's the same as Kuno really, the recording thing is a different ability of Kuno. Kuno can cancel any skills with any other skill and the first skill that was cancelled keeps casting, as far as I understand, Skirmisher it's the same only that you have to use a Mirage skill to cancel, instead of just anything.

17. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    Ah, I guess that makes us the physical version of Kuno :D. Just no casting or limit aside from cooldowns.

18. After that, I still don't know how Duelist (sorry if bothers someone, but I can't memorize how to write the new class name) is not on the top tier dps. If what you say in your guide is correct, with a buff swap he get's 50% elenore. With a Smash modifier (I belive we have a lance that works like balmung) in theory he shold be doing lot's of damage. But when you see the reality, Duelist can't reach the damage level of vanguard.

19. Ark From Pain, Awakening

You're comparing a DPS class to a Burst class. Don't do that.

Vanguards are top tier at burst. Duelist are top tier at DPS. They do not fill the same roles.

20. Alcor

IGN:
    Inexorably
    Just wondering, but how do the 1st awaken passive and 2nd awaken passives scale per level?
    Lv 80 bamboo epic seems really strong.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)