Male Striker General Discussion

Discussion in 'Striker' started by Zealtron, May 20, 2014.

1. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    No love for Male Fighters?

Discuss dragon kicking Male Strikers here.

2. Joequel

I'm playing a male striker currently.. how are they doing in PvE? How will they function without a Halgi? Not sure if I'll keep him after Alpha..

3. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    They're 'OK' right now, sitting comfortably in mid-tier. They really have a hard time in True Ancients without absurd amounts of gear, but they do fine everywhere else. There just isn't much utility in their kit besides lightning dance. Unlike FStrikers, they can easily hit 100% P.Crit with 3 Piece Diablo Blow which is a decent boost.

I play a capped Male Striker in KDnF with a +11 level 80 epic glove and decent chrons/title/pet and even True Vilmark gives me a very hard time. My beefed up Dragon Kick does maybe 1m at most and only shaves off 1 or 2 bars from Tau Captains. Not having a Halgi really hurts too.

4. Red Amnesiac

5. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Overall solid, but here are some suggestions.
    Drop Cancel Knee Drop and lower Knee Drop to 1 - You can't use non-striker skills during Flame Legs anyway.
    Max Super Armor - More duration, armor and VIT. Why not? It's not like you need to have it on the same cooldown as power fist and fatal aim. No, you really don't.
    Max Dragon Kick and Close Kick upgrade TPs
    Drop 2 points out of Low Kick Upgrade TP and put it into Tornado Kick Upgrade.

I personally prefer Mountain Pusher over Bone Crusher, but whatever, it's personal preference.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  6. Red Amnesiac

Thanks dude

7. If I could get some help on my PvE build, it would be great.
    http://arad.ofli.es/plan/mstriker/A...aAVYFTgFXDVgBVAFjC2IIXANdASYKJwUpHioFKwUtFQ==

On some of the stranger parts of my build.

1. Bone Crusher and Low Kick.

The main thing I'm gunning for, and what I'm building around, is me eventually obtaining the Lightning Fast Kick Chron 3 set. I'm building DPS instead of burst. Low Kick, I've found, does astonishing amounts of damage even with an unfunded char. Bone Crusher is much the same, and I'm counting on the activation speed bonus from the upgrade and from the chron set itself to make allow me to use Bone Crusher mid-combo without letting any monsters retaliate.

2. Flame Tornado over Close Kick

Aside from the Chron set not giving any bonuses to Close Kick while giving massive bonuses to FTK, I find that I just can't use CK against any boss that isn't stationary. Mobs knock me out of it if I'm not super armored. The reason being its incredibly slow activation time and awkward hitbox (I find it a lot more difficult to land than One Inch Punch) make it a pain to use.

3. Leaving Lightning Dance at 5

I want to max it, but I don't have any room left. But I still want its utility.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  8. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    First off, I think you may be talking about the wrong set. Sudden Upper doesn't give any bonuses to FTK. Unless they changed chron sets within the last month or so. EDIT: I think you're thinking of the Lightning Fast Kick set.

Secondly, I think your build link is broken for me, mind re-linking it? Nvm, just had to change a character.

1. That's fine. Max Bonecrusher and Low kick work just fine.
    2. FTK has always been a great skill. I enjoy it myself a lot, but it suffers from a similar issue as F.Striker's Rising Fist has. SA'd enemies won't always receive the entirety of FTK, thus you'd be losing damage. It's fine that you want to take FTK over Close Kick, but just realize you're losing out slightly.
    3. I would opt to drop High Kick to 5 so you can raise Lightning Dance to 10 to at least take the TP Upgrades for it.

Oh, and pick up Quick Rebound and Pure Walk.

I'm personally not a fan of the "DPS Striker" builds as DNF/DFO is built around burst damage, but hey what matters is that you have fun, right?

Build (Included TP/some QP):
    http://arad.ofli.es/plan/mstriker#A...FKwUsAS0VCgHPpxvPqwXPrAXPsgo9ATwBXwNhAWAC0ocC
    Extra QP can go where you prefer. VIT/SPR/Hit Rate etc. Some of the cancels may not be necessary, so you can probably shift around some SP and dump points into some skills if you want.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  9. Yes, Lightning Fast Kick set is the one I'm talking about. Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks for the help. Although I didn't pick up pure walk because it didn't have a cancel, so I couldn't use when I most needed it.

Does it have a cancel built in? Or is it something I just have to learn how to use?

10. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    It does not have a cancel built in, but it's utility for positioning is not something to be underestimated. I often use it to put myself in position for a Dragon Kick, or to get myself out of a bad spot. I would highly suggest learning to use it.

11. Hakumen Dopeness

Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    To be played when I have funding. :mfighter:

I miss Dragon Kick and Spin Kick :c

12. Joequel

http://arad.ofli.es/plan/mstriker#A...PpxvPqRvPqgzPqwXPrAXPrhTPtAo9A18DYALShgLShwI=

So I hate the level 35 skill (Flame Tornado Kick), is it okay to leave this skill at 5? It feels very inconsistent and I just can't stand it. Am I gimping myself by not leveling it?

Anyways any comments on my build? I'm going into the striker game completely new, and I'm only leveling things based on what I've read in this thread or seen suggested. I'm not sure if I got everything I'd want. But if there's alternates skills to max or anything I'd like to know what they are and why I'd max them over something else :P

13. Hakumen Dopeness

Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    Your build looks solid, but drop cancel dragon kick, it'll make you wiff more often than not. FTK is best left at 5 like you have it. You can drop low kick lower and max mountain pusher instead, but that is more of a preference thing and maxing low kick is the better choice generally (you could also max mountain pusher instead of bone crusher, but again preference). Also continuum kick doesn't have to be maxed as you'll only really use it for an early skill to cancel from during muscle shift (always cancel it right after the first hit), one point in it is fine.

14. Joequel

Oh, okay. Yeah I haven't gotten to use Dragon Kick yet, I was just grabbing every cancel as I just like canceling.. XD. I haven't really used continuum kick either, but I'll play with it when I get around to it. Should I start putting points to max Lightning Dance? Or should I just leave it at 10..

15. Hakumen Dopeness

Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    (made a minor edit to my previous post)

Nah Male Lightning Dance serves a different purpose than the females. 10 is what's required for the ex, so 10 is all you need. Also when using it make sure to have your back to the bulk of the enemies in a room, you'll do all the possible kicks as well as cover more distance.

Oh and for Dragon Kick, don't worry about the first few kicks of the skill (the ex passive drops the kick count and adds the damage to the finisher when you get it which is a bonus), and just worry about connecting with the finisher. With practice you'll be able to judge how far you need to use the skill from an enemy to make sure that the finisher connects.

16. Redmage

Been playing a crusader forever during the original, want to try something new that's more damage. Figured this might be a good thing to go since I don't wanna play a grappler. Maybe female striker? Anywho trying this out for alpha. I made a build http://arad.ofli.es/actxx/plan/mstr...PpxvPqRvPqwXPrAXPrhTPsQjPsgo9A18DYALShgLShwI=
    Though I am not sure what to do with my points. How important are the cancels? Is elemental attack better or base attack? [saw someone earlier with base attack at 10]

17. Masaki ( ̿╭╮ ̿)

Male Striker is such a brain dead stupid class, tbh if the main release doesnt come with Vagabonds, Imma just play this nerd

i barely had a full grasp on the class at this point (compared to rogue at least) and look how fluid and easy dis shit was (full magic sealed with rare avas and ratria tear)

u guys seem to be pretty behind when it comes to skill builds tho but to each their own, it wont matter after 80 cap but I'll just say this - not maxing your hilariously broken cube skills on mstriker is questionable at best

18. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Could max super armor.
    All of the cancels are p good with the exception of dragon kick cancel IMO.
    Elemental Attack definitely, you're primarily a percent class. Base damage won't give you much of a boost.

19. Hakumen Dopeness

Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    Cancel Tornado Kick is worth dropping though, as you can just back step into it.

20. Redmage

http://arad.ofli.es/actxx/plan/mstr...bz6sFz6wFz64Uz68Cz7EIz7IKz7MBPQNfA2AC0oYC0ocC

So something like this? Quest points i just dumped the remainder into evasion and elemental resist since i had leftover. I dropped continum kick to rank 1 since I saw it's only used for combos. Grabbed a few cancels and put a point into pure walk for the utility. Maxing Physical crit as both QP and skill points is a good or bad idea? I dumped remainders into mountain pusher since I wasn't sure what else to get. I could max lightning kick instead though?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)