Male Mechanic General Discussion

Discussion in 'Mechanic' started by WizardOfOrz, May 20, 2014.

1. Freakraven RoyalMech <3

10/10 explanation by BlackRobot ^

2. Grits

IGN:
    Deletrius
    Server:
    Cain
    Just stopping by to agree with Black. I saw him using that legendary setup awhile back in the Yunha thread and recently switched over to a variation of it as well. The difference in burst damage compared to chrons wasn't a huge jump in my opinion, but it shaved off about 10 seconds on my Nugol time, and that's before amps and more serious enchants.

3. The Winged Professor だが断る!

I've seen epic + legendary combo for m. mech in leg and can also confirm that it is quite strong.

I currently have spell burn shoulders, refined bracelet, ng pants, anton m. stone. I plan to start using Sub Volcano top (not mana burn top, but 8% m. attack is not bad) and round it off with moros belt, mecha tau heart, overflame shoes, sacred fire, and flame offering necklace when I get money.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  4. Omsk

I just think it's pretty pointless to skip the chrons entirely. And I meant mana burn not mana vortex lol. And yes I'm aware there are a couple good option for legendary weapons, I only meant armor, as chrons are going to be a far easier bridge to epics unless you're totally whale and can buy all the legendaries you'd need to do any work with them.

Also sub volc is a poor option for us, though some of it's pieces work great as off slots. In short, get the chron set of your choice and a decent gun until you can manage something better.
    Plus if you can hit 11k+ magic attack and ~200 fire damage in town with chrons, why not? Those numbers+chron effects are going to do just fine.

But on the other hand I've been out of the loop for a while and haven't kept up with how all our recent/future changes affect all our options, was just my $.02

5. Pyros

The main changes are that you'll really want to fit in smash/crit smash somewhere, and it's not that easy with 9pc OV sets. Creature can do either pretty easy(current one is smash, petit is crit smash), but then it's like annoying to get the other cause NINJA is super old and costs a ton. In that sense, a fire legendary setup is going to be a lot more modulable. That also makes it better if you find like one good fire epic(pioneer or burn trousers for example) since you can easily fit that in a legendary setup, but you can't really break your 9pc OV set.

But yeah unless you have a ton of money from another char, the amount invested isn't even comparable. I got 9pc deep cover and 9pc toybox in like 2weeks and a half doing OV and Dark Elf with minimal effort, to farm enough millions to buy even one of the more expensive fire legendaries I would have needed to dump full FP on several chars in the same span of time, and that'd be just one slot. If you do have the money though, I think fire legs are better overall, you just buy everything(almost), dump it on the char, buy/find a weapon and then any epic you find can just go in there, you reseal the legs and then resell them or transfer them to another char and so on.

6. Omsk

That's why 6pc DC is nice, it's a stellar set bonus at only six pieces. Giving you room to fiddle around with your fire/smash/crit+ various until you can get your hands on the epics/full legendaries.
    Skipping chron entirely, like I said, seems silly for anyone that isn't totally loaded and dropping hundreds of millions on full legendaries.

7. BlackDawn Fuck JavaScript

IGN:
    BlackPaladin
    Steam:
    The Silent One
    Guild:
    VagrantEX, Auxilium
    Server:
    Cain
    There's literally no reason to go off chron on mech unless you're doing sell parties or you just have a stringent desire to become OP.

8. Pyros

The 9pc DC is REALLY good after the buffs to mech drop though. A bit like how 9pc Toybox also gets a ton better after the buffs to tempester+sparrow. It's actually harder to drop the 9pc bonus after the buffs coming since a lot of them focus on making the cubes OP and those 9pc mostly buffed cubes which you didn't care as much for currently.

And then later on, the legendary rework kinda makes most chrons obsolete due to providing much better damage to the entire kit instead of a few specific skills. I think for classes with kinda bad damage options like witch, Solar Prominence would still be good, and obviously swap sets are still good cause swap game strong, but most damage sets will suffer in the comparison especially since the time needed to get legendary sets gets so much more accessible. But that's for the future, probably around summer or so, so there's still a lot of time to make use of these chrons.

9. Freakraven RoyalMech <3

Personally, I ended up having 6pc Deep Cover and 6pc Devil's Toybox with 3pc Gigantic Presence. But the only reason I really broke my chrons is because I got stupid lucky and was able to get Flame Drop Trousers and Submarine Volcano Belt on the first week of the hell modes, then submarine volcano coat on the second week. Simply bought flaming veil stuff and picked up the Source of Avarice and my set was done because I already had Mecha Tau heart and shaved off about 24 seconds off of my Nugol Time.

10. Sheriff The Deputy Sheriff

IGN:
    5heriff
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I got a few questions, as I've been out of loop for a while:

Does Last Fighting Will doubledip on mechs (and does it work on Party Members too?) Any MAtk or Ele Damage Auras should doubledip [like Int Auras,] right?

11. DOXOlove give me all the Slayers :v

IGN:
    Coccyx
    Steam:
    DOXOlove
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    sorry if this was touched upon earlier in the thread (I only went back 6-7 pages) but I just got savior autogun on my boy and found out right away casting detonation on your bots or using viper for damage does NOT build your energy stacks with a savior.

Your options are X-string (lol), Utility (BBQ, Gattling, etc), or! any of the G-series skills. The 1 point corona is an easy additive but Raptor builds up stacks the fastest if you need the burst in a pinch. G series works out great because by the time you use your energy burst, corona is off cooldown and you can build again right away/

Does this get changed later to gain energy off of detonation or other skills?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  12. Kelevra IGN: James.

The suction from tx80 and laser from ex viper also works

13. Grits

IGN:
    Deletrius
    Server:
    Cain
    Yes, from what I've read, once the independent object changes come through Mechanics and other summoner-style classes will be able to charge their savior proc using their abilities like everyone else.

14. hotwheelskids Believe in me Who Believes in You :)

I'm planning on gearing up my m mech and I'm wondering what is the most optimal swap pieces needed to get the full potential of robotics? And would the olympic pet be better then the petit m mech pet?

15. Raze

IGN:
    Vyncentz
    Guild:
    Valor
    Server:
    Cain
    The most Optimal set up for Robotics:

+3 from Plats (Unique motion Aura)
    +1 Avatar Top
    +1 Pet
    +1 Olympus Bead
    +3 title
    +1 From Hi tech ring (it gets changed to robotics in 90 cap)
    Machinist Fury
    Kurgiv's
    The Rest Tainted Gear

Unfortunately that set up is impossible if you're just starting now. Focus on Getting as many levels as possible from Lvl 20 unique top, Deluxe Gun shot (+3), Driving part (+4), Sea God pants, King's Book and ofc avatars and just fill in tainted pieces

Pet doesn't really matter much until I.O patch where those mods will work

here's a video of MMech in luke btw if you want to see an end game KDNF mech

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  16. hotwheelskids Believe in me Who Believes in You :)

Thank you for this and i was looking around youtube, and i stumble upon this video.I was amazed of how much dmg he did. Inspired me to start up a m mech.

17. Raze

IGN:
    Vyncentz
    Guild:
    Valor
    Server:
    Cain
    This is @BlackDawn by 2018

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Betadyne

Hold on. Is that change for the Hi Tech Ring supposed to come with this current update or later in the season? It doesn't look like it's changed when I look at the description, so I'm curious

19. The Winged Professor だが断る!

Well, while you do have an easy in for boats mech with chrons... I kind of like the flexibility option of being able to do other positions than boats/Eugene. Or rather, due to the nature of pub raids that flexibility is sometimes necessary. Was in a pub raid on Sunday that had a mixture of DCs/incompetence, and it would have been nice then to be strong enough to cover a hatch as well as energy.

20. Sheriff The Deputy Sheriff

IGN:
    5heriff
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Is there some change that increases explosion size even more or something? That guy had 9pc Toybox in one vid, and MV in another, but his explosions were as big as 9pc Crazed Arsonist.. o_0 What's going on.
    Is that just how scaling on the new HS-1 Friends works with 90cap+Contract?

PS. After testing I realized Last Fighting Will sadly doesn't double-dip (though post elenore/smash rework, it wouldn't be relevant anyway.) Anyone know if it affects Party members or just yourself?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)