Male Grappler General Discussion

Discussion in 'Grappler' started by Kyle, May 20, 2014.

1. Ansegisel

IGN:
    Teresa, Ansegisel
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Anton legendary tonfa. For some reason it isn't in DFOpedia. It gives +15% overwhelming grab damage.
    No, it isn't possible currently. It is possible in kdnf.

2. Takashi Nen Gunner

IGN:
    Yaira
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    Finally took the time to finish getting Staple spin 9pc now that Elf dungeons are out.
    Using Ruthless Destroyer's Fist that I crafted a while back now.
    I did not realize what a 50% range increase meant at the time but having a full screen Rolling Spike and seeing an Iron Dragon size Wild Cannon Spike is pretty nice.

now I'm going to start getting double tainted WCS pieces and I'd like to know what I'm tainting it with?
    red/blue, red/green or blue/green?

3. Acewing

A Quartz stone from Forgotten Island is probably a more realistic goal compared to Watch/Navarre. Hadn't considered Strong Arm, though...yikes, they're going to jump in price I guess.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  4. Ansegisel

IGN:
    Teresa, Ansegisel
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Red/green WCS.

5. Rea

How is M. Grappler late game? I heard it's a solo only class and that it is difficult to party with one because of the throwing.

6. Ansegisel

IGN:
    Teresa, Ansegisel
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    One of the strongest late game but it has to deal with the strongest opponent, lag. If there are connection issues/lag, it will be very frustrating due to whiffed grabs. M grap isn't as bad as before due to reworks. Reworks gave m grap better control over his grabs (although some grabs are still bad for party play), so the only issue is lag really.

7. Masturbator Kamen Rider

Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Honestly, you could say it's a solo only class. I've played and built my Male Grappler with the mindset that I'm going to be soloing as much as I can. This class is so sensitive to lag I'm actually hesitant to even duo with people who live on the east coast like I do.

8. What is entry anton raid gear 9p stable spin+liberation/epic? I got downvoted on reddit for saying that and the only explanation I got was so outdated. Did it get changed to 6 piece Gracia+other things and liberation/epic?

Edit: Missed some details

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  9. Alcor

IGN:
    Inexorably
    For the most part, unless you're a class like SM/DS, Chron dealers are practically not wanted at all, especially with so many Gracia set players.
    Sure, you can do the easiest dungeon (Battleground), but Stable Spin mgrap sucks monkey shit for raid Smoke (which you're also expected to clear).

Also to clear your misconception, you almost NEVER see a Liberation Mgrap, unless he is already fairly geared (various/graciavarious/seagodvarious).
    So Stable Spin Lib is pretty much not an option.
    If you wanna get in with Stable Spin, you better have RR, IIG, or Berserk.

10. Oh so stable spin is no longer min gear since Gracia is out? No one bothered explaining it to me so I was confused. I guess if you REALLY wanted to do Anton without Gracia, you would have to go stable spin, but would be subject to the boot since there are better people out there.

Was saying liberation mainly because I couldn't think of another weapon that a grappler would take into Anton raid. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I don't know where to check for min gear for Anton Raid.

11. Masturbator Kamen Rider

Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Stable Spin is barely good for Anton Normals as it is. Overall, Male Grappler chrons are not that great compared to what other classes gain from them.

12. Flacke

what clone starts should i get for my m grappler ?

13. Acewing

I wonder how many M grapps will even be able to raid...considering the state of our shit internet infrastructure and erratic latency.

Any M grapp here have PERFECT latency with 2-3 other people who are also raid ready?

14. Masturbator Kamen Rider

Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    It's only an issue if you're partying with randoms. If you're doing it with an organized group, you should be placed with people who have a good connection with you. Even so, being a Male Grappler in Raid can be so difficult for you and your party.

15. Acewing

I've been told that they essentially go in as DPS only, not in any other role. So that really raises the bar on equip requirements if you ask me. Thought they would also be viable as hold, but apparently no one in KDNF has ever recruited a support-type M grapp before.

I mean, it's OK now that we've been given enough ancient legendary freebies to get an entire set (gracia) and if you've been doing anton normals, then bulky is already achieved. But it also means that we don't have much in terms of alternative gearing...because the only other out would be a specialized legendary/epic mix or full epic.

Gearing aside, I don't feel very comfortable being a main dealer in a party that may not have perfect latency, since a lot of the damage would depend on me Xd. Not to mention any other additional nuances I'd have to keep in mind for certain raid bosses.

16. Masturbator Kamen Rider

Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I wasn't trying to imply otherwise. Male Grapplers are absolute garbage when being relied on for support. The biggest issue with Male Grapplers in raid right now is that they're a burst class; if you're not strong enough to burst a mob down in a single rotation or skill, you will fall out of favor because their cooldowns are insane. Being a dealer in raid is a huge responsibility and there's no other viable way to raid as mgrap.

Another thing with mgrap that kdnf players whine about constantly(from my personal experience) is that some grabs can easily position your enemies in a less than optimal way no matter what you do.

Latency is pretty huge too. This class is so sensitive to lag it's insane. My ping is around 125(only slightly higher than optimal) when partying with native koreans and I still whiff grabs 30% of the time.

Not to shit on mgrap, but if you plan to raid with this class in dfog, your captain better be ready to find the perfect party for you solely based on latency because you're a dealer.

17. Acewing

I didn't mean to imply otherwise either, but it sounds incredibly rough from what you're saying. I've only seen one K m grapp do raid: Ahnshung. I might be able to get the gearing portion done, but as for the practical run itself...man, bursting something down in one rotation within a party setting sounds like asking for trouble if you can't pull it off. The 30%+ whiffs on most grabs is also, as you say, cringe-worthy, when taking into account the CD's on this guy.

So how open do you think global will be in taking an M grapp right now? Given the current state of affairs?

18. Masturbator Kamen Rider

Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I doubt many players in DFOG even acknowledge it as an issue at the moment but hopefully mgrap mains will figure out ways to get around it.

19. Duo

IGN:
    Lazaflame
    If u got gear, you are an option.
    If you don't got the dmg, you can buy a run.

20. Masturbator Kamen Rider

Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    It's not binary for mgrap. It is possible to have the gear and still not be an option solely because of an issue that no one can do anything about.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)