Male Grappler General Discussion

Discussion in 'Grappler' started by Kyle, May 20, 2014.

1. Kyle Banned

Let's talk about the guy who throws enemies away from his party.

2. vera farmiga what life form does god take the most delight in?

god dammit this guy is a mess too hes stupid glitched.

3. Kyle Banned

I never found out what's buggy about him. Is it some of his grabs not connecting or what?

4. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    Rolling spike used to bug bosses, but it doesn't seem to happen anymore in kdnf.

So what is there to say about M.Grappler... his damage is ridiculous, even without much gearing, gets even more ridiculous with gear. Snapshot is great at clearing rooms. Grab cannon isn't anywhere near as good as females, but his Wild Cannon Spike and Awakening are extremely damaging even on ungrabbable enemies. Really their only major weakness in PvE is how much MP they consume, which tends to get worse at higher levels because you will be cubing every room and their maximum MP isn't that great for it.

They leave much to be desired in PvP. They have a difficult time approaching, Seismic Stomp just jumps too high, although the recovery is better these days. Male Grappler is just simply not that threatening without his Overwhelming Grab buff up, which thankfully, had its duration in PvP increased in kdnf. Still not enough to make them very competitive though. F.Grappler just does a much better job in PvP if you ask me.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
  5. Tanuki moving at incredbl hihg sped

The male grappler has this latency bug with rolling spike which makes the enemy stuck in the particle effects but invulnerable.
    I did find out from enough playing my own that the awakening can most the times reset the enemy AI so it debugs.

There is also a bug with wild cannon spike I remember where.. I think the ground hit will straight not register damage at all. Happens more with non-grabbable enemies.

Editing; I remember one last annoying one. You can get completely stuck in the shoulder tackle start up animation. If you solo play- better hope an enemy has a knockdown or grab or you just die to coin reset. If you're playing in a party, skytree nuts are your best friend

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  6. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    This used to happen all the time early on back when the class was first released, but that was fixed a long time ago.

7. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

You can also stick yourself in an area without an exit by using slam kick or whatever. I got trapped multiple times in Ghent. Shoulder tackle glitch was by far the most frustrating. It might be worth noting how incredibly awesome overwhelming grab is, and how much better it gets in future updates. No cap on number of enemies grabbed and you even reduce the cool down? Thanks :D

8. Lux

I never once encountered any of the bugs I always hear people talking about when this class is brought up. Maybe I just got lucky back in the day, idk. Glad to hear that they become even less of an issue later on, maybe the stigma will fade, but I doubt it. Still this class is fun as hell for me. Fluid as fuck playstyle, massive damage, and while its not quite as party friendly as females they can still do a really good job at grouping and keeping stuff locked down if you know what you're doing.

9. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I guess there is no reason to max Air Steiner when Tornado Kick exists, Right?

10. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    I think Air Steiner is a really good max, and you'll have plenty of room to max it in 85 cap. Air Steiner Grab Cannon is actually one of the better ones.

11. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    What can you recommend for Chron 2 gear,

Things like Force Blow Strike/Rolling Spike and 6 Piece Grave Slammer?

12. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

6 piece grave slammer is awesome and I liked force cannon spike, but that's just cause I like jumping its damage for boss killing. Grab cannon on it is out of control, and it's super fast.

13. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I researched things about the New Terror Firma Chronicle set.

And holy dicks, it turns grab skills unconditionally into Grab Cannons. It also gives Elbow Shock/Snap Shot a Grab Cannon function.

RunningWild please confirm.

http://tvpot.daum.net/v/vb39bUfUIDHU3CCEzZzE7yE

• List
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  14. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    I don't run OV.

15. Save 4 Less Now!

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    I thought Snap Shot and Elbow Shock becoming Grab Cannons was a part of the F. Grappler 2nd. Awakening patch and not a part of a Chronicle Set.

How would you even get a Chronicle Set? Nobody wants a Grappler with a dong in their OV group :ffighter:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  16. Tanuki moving at incredbl hihg sped

The wary first impressions of the "buggy as shit class" still linger over the M.grap. A properly geared M.grap is just as effective as a M.striker. Only difference is damage convenience.

17. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I still haven't encountered any bug.

Then again, I'm 47

18. Save 4 Less Now!

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    I made a list of bugs I knew were in the "Nexon Apocalypse" version of DFO in the other thread,
    Bugs I know for sure are fixed:
    - Air Steiner no longer causes the game to crash.
    - Shoulder Tackle no longer gets you stuck in the charge animation and no longer gets you stuck in Terrain.
    - Rolling Spike won't make mobs invulnerable anymore.

Bugs that probably still exist:
    -Slam Kick can get you stuck in terrain sometimes.
    -Rolling Spike can "glitch" out ungrabbable mobs by making them unable to attack until you grab them again. The most well known use of this bug is using it to glitch out Delezie in Reshpon and make the whole fight cakewalk. I actually beat one of the Floors of Tower of Despair (Whatever the one was with the BM that uses Awakening) because of this.
    - Skills will sometimes flat out do no damage. This is usually connection based though and never really happens in Solo Play.
    - Focused Fury will sometimes do ABSOLUTELY nothing when you use it. It will still go on Cooldown and it will still consume Mana + Clear Cube Fragments when this happens. This tends to usually happen if you try to use it while moving because it works poorly with Sliding Grab. It's a flip of the coin if this skill actually works.

I haven't played my own Male Grappler enough in Alpha due to the fact I'm trying to rush my Avenger to 70, so I can't confirm if some of these were fixed but they were definitely around before the Shutdown.

• List
  19. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Is Knee Drop a must max?

20. Divinefist

Server:
    Cain
    Knee drop's damage is pretty meh at max but it's a decent filler skill. I'd max it if you have a ton of sp lying around but usually that means skipping out on something more important.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)