UI Mabifo - v0.2 Ready to download

Discussion in 'Releases' started by Izanaghi, Sep 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Izanaghi

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Idol Idol x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  2. Mikaya The Incompetent One

IGN:
    Mikayano/SariaViolet
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    lol it took me a while to figure out the mashup between Mabinogi/DFO. Looks nice but ehh, I don't know how I feel about the EXP bar. Your MP bar looks off set by 1 pixel. Move it down 1 or something? It would be hilarious if you can get the Celtic cross in the menu button.

Overall simple and nice mod.

3. Matsuga

IGN:
    Helvetia
    Steam:
    bloodeye21
    Guild:
    Fates4
    Server:
    Cain
    I can dig it.

4. Space Fish Fishstick Van Platin

Server:
    Cain
    I haven't played Mabinogi, so I'm just gonna base off the overall look.

Button font doesn't really match up with the flat, round, modern look of it. It's kinda small and I think that's messing with the quality.
    Could probably put some boxes around the SP and Level so they look less like the game script just randomly slapped them on there. Numbers themselves could probably be modded too.

Otherwise, it's nice. I'm not a fan of the bar colors, but I assume that's just taken from Mabinogi's.
    Maybe thicker HP/MP bars? There's a lot of empty space there. Moving them both to one side would help you avoid the ugly unavoidable cutoff from the Assist UI and its displayed skill icons.

5. Izanaghi

Yeah, I knew about that pixel gap but couldn't fix it while in game xD. I was thinking about the celtic button but ended up just writing menu, it would be too confusing.

Thanks for feedback, I'll work on it tomorrow and try to fix something here and there. I'll post new screen after I do some reworks.

6. Sayalin Elven Weeb Gaia

I'd agree with him, the hp/mp bars might look better against their respective sides, so you wouldn't have cut-offs around them. Further might wanna try changing the assist thingy, it's hard but has been done so might want to look in that.

FP bar looks off to me with the orange though.

Rest is nice just needs to be touched to make one whole that blends together nicely.

7. Mikaya The Incompetent One

IGN:
    Mikayano/SariaViolet
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    I don't know how experience you are with coordinates, but what you can do is put the HP and MP bars next to each other on 1 side. This would mean a big empty space on the other side, but ehh, some sacrifices liberties need to be made at some point. I don't know how much you'd have to shift it to make it look proper. One of these days I want to make a HUD like that, but It would take a while. Ideally I could just peek into another hud that does that an figure it out from there.

8. Space Fish Fishstick Van Platin

Server:
    Cain
    Depends on what he decides to do with the assist UI and the area around it. Right side could be built up or the assist UI could be built downward so it merges in with rest of the HUD.
    It's a shame the assist stuff takes up so much horizontal space though.

9. sharzik

IGN:
    BoopySnoot
    Guild:
    Cygnus
    Oo! I'll probably be using this with the exp bar's color changed. Good stuff!

10. Nokoya low quality

I likie

11. sharzik

IGN:
    BoopySnoot
    Guild:
    Cygnus
    I've looked into those. The sprite they use for the hp/mp bars are often a full bar; that is, the image canvas is 800 px wide to cover the entire bottom of the DFO window, with the actual hp/mp bar simply appropriately placed there. Sometimes DFE will set the wrong coordinates, but it usually isn't off by too much so you can fix it with a bit of trial and error.

12. Izanaghi

So, that is how it looks like after some feedback and modifcations...of course i need even more feedback D:
    -There is also version with red hp bar
    - changed completely exp bar
    - added small black line on hp/mp...it indicates % of hp 25/50/75

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is it any better ;o?

13. Novaan Verdiano

IGN:
    Noeri
    Guild:
    Caliginosity
    Server:
    Cain
    The SP "bar" is a bit off (it laps over the edge below the MP bar), same with the EXP bar to the left side (though that might as well be intentional, just looks weird imo). Those are just minor things though, overall it looks pretty good, simple, clean.

14. Space Fish Fishstick Van Platin

Server:
    Cain
    No more round corners around the black containing the HP bars? The ends of the HUD look like they cut off too. Unless that's accidental because of the issue mentioned above.
    The roundness actually helped it not look like every other battery HUD out there.

Thicker bars definitely look better though. New text looks a lot better too.

15. Adauto

I loved it, is there any download link?
    Plus, maybe you could make the LvL 17 image with the same background color as the HUD itself. I know it's not like this on stock HUD, but i would like it.
    And idk if you did it to hide the "II" button if you don't have a secondary build, so if you did, ok, if you didn't, it's cause you forgot to add this button, so add it xD
    And the exp bar, you could make it like the FP bar, black in black looks gross to me.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  16. Novaan Verdiano

IGN:
    Noeri
    Guild:
    Caliginosity
    Server:
    Cain
    Except it's there :v

17. Adauto

Wtf, is it? i can see the "I" button, but not the "II" button :x

18. Izanaghi

After you press I it changes to II :P

19. Izanaghi

Added link to download ;u

20. Adauto

Cool, my current HUD has "II" on the left side of the Character Info button. That's why i couldn't figure it out xD i wish i could mod like it, but i'm not good at photo editing.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)