M. Ranger General Discussion

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Kanery, May 20, 2014.

1. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

Legendary revolvers are garbage.

But that gun is fun for a "YOU BITCH" headshot setup with 3pc standard and 3pc untouchable mind.

2. Navd33p

Is chameleon set really worse then gracia? I'd imagine the 30 percent elenore on 5 pc chameleon to be stronger than what gracia can give you. "Just wondering since its one of my many 4 pc sets that I'm trying to finish."

3. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

Run tests in training room if you do finish it.

4. Raiban

Which of the olympus pets should I get, 25-30 or 30-35?

5. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

25-30 so you get +1 stylish and +1 fastest gun

6. xtesman

hey u guys, as a steam user, i currently have the steam wing aura that gives 50 str/vit/spr/int. would the olympus aura benefit me more? as that gives watk and crit chance?

7. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

The steam aura is literally garbage and the olympus aura is the best aura in the game currently, so yes.

8. MyFriendDH

Hi, I have a question, how do you obtain forgotten felos necklace, what is the chance of dropping it ??
    Do you swap both De los Glory and forgotten necklace for the 1.1*1.1= 1.21 Str increase?

9. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

I think its more effective to farm Grandine full for 15 days and just buy the necklace from the auction hall. You get it from the golden chests in forgotten land if you really want to try to farm for it.

I don't swap between them personally because I already do enough damage without having to hastle about that, plus de los isn't swappable so I could only get the big bonus from going felos -> de los and not the other way around.

Also I'm pretty sure its ((1.1 * STR) * 1.1)

10. MyFriendDH

thanks for the infor,do you think it is NOT necessary to have both glory?
    I came very lucky with some usable epic pieces and a Lord of Ranger, Would you mind to give me some advice on my gears ? to burst the most damage out of it.
    My DBR is lv18
    Capture.PNG

11. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

I think that one of these two would be your best options, it requires farming another Gracia piece however:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Test it out in the training room to make sure which one is better. I'm fairly certain for solo damage the curtain of death belt will win but if you are partying with someone else that does damage the tactical belt would win.

12. MyFriendDH

Agree...But No Dot Auto Sub? its free dmg... If I obtain a forgetten glory in the future should I abandon Gracia or?

13. Aeon Has an affinity with shortswords

IGN:
    VolGrando
    Server:
    Cain
    Main thing about proc gear is that they don't scale as well with party members that give support.
    (Still waiting on hell to drop something so I can buy all my gracia pieces for the right slots ORZ assassin ring/ray decrease c'mon!)

14. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

Proc items are pretty bad outside of normal dungeons, even then its so-so at best.

Forgotten felos glory isn't strong enough to replace gracia, however you can swap it on rooms that don't really matter to get the buff and then switch back. (for example, a room before the boss with easy enemies in it)

15. MyFriendDH

Base on the Damage Test you give out
    We realize that Post Nov 22 update, DG set has been nerfed by -14.7%, however,it's still good, btw Elol What was the reinforcement level of your ranger rod at that time?
    I have Gracia 6 set 170 light damage at proc and LoR,ABR ,94%DBR,but my damage output for seventhFlow is 36 M which is roughly 1/3 of your damage Post update .

16. elol111

IGN:
    ElOL, 4Nature
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    +12

17. Stylish

In no particular order because I can't be assed to organize all of it right now.

I was going to post a lengthy analysis I did between Savior Revolver and Gold Lux, but it's not worth it anymore considering how ridiculously strong the upgraded level 90 Savior Revolver is. It absolutely blows Gold Lux out of the water. In terms of Savior Revolver vs. Gold Lux, if you already have ~54% Additional Damage already, unreleased Savior is better than Gold Lux. It's very easy to get that much Additional Damage, considering DNF has a 10% Additional Damage title, Wesley's Strategy set gives 40% Additional Damage, Dark Gothic's 10% Additional Shadow Damage is effectively around at least 20% Additional Damage, etc. Savior and Gold Lux aren't worth comparing to Lord of Ranger since there are copious amount of "Smash" mods available from various equipment nowadays. Gold Lux is probably better than Lord of Ranger, but bottom line is that it has nothing on Savior Revolver.

Proc gears are sort of "bad" because they don't scale with Crusader buffs. But that doesn't necessarily make proc gears bad. Nature Guardian pieces are great because each one gives a hefty chunk of Elemental Damage, Strength, and an excessive amount of Physical Attack. They're also useful for killing Tog and multihitting Egene. Unfortunately, proc gears such as the Frozen Sorrow set aren't "good" because they take up valuable slots for 90 epics that increase the damage of procs.

You could swap Forgotten Fellow's Glory with De Los Glory like @Tate said. I think the problem with this is the moment you swap out of De Los to reproc Forgotten Fellow's, the De Los buff dies. If you want to reproc Forgotten Fellow's asap, you'll have to have the Forgotten Fellow's equipped, which means less time spent with De Los buff on. De Los is such an inflexible piece of equipment that I personally don't think it's worth using. Ideally you have a strong damage necklace like (Infinite) Shape of Avarice that you can swap to for damage after proccing Forgotten Fellow's Glory.

I think the Gracia setups provided by @Tate for @MyFriendDH are pretty good. If you want to maintain Gracia 6pc while being able to use Forgotten Fellow's Glory, use Gracia belt or sub. Use Forgotten Fellow's swap with Gigantic Presence Necklace. I can't say for sure if this is better or worse, but it's for sure better than your original setup.

A rule of thumb: +12 reinforcement does not a Ranger make. I tested both +0 and +12 Savior Revolver with Gracia set, but my Nugol time barely increased. You have to keep in mind that almost nothing helps scale your piercing damage. Elemental Damage doesn't, Strength doesn't, Physical Attack doesn't, etc etc. A lot of Gracia 6pc Rangers have well over 200 effective Light Damage (including Light resist debuffs). At that point, what else is missing? Typically Rangers without full Epics are missing the hefty Physical Attack enchants and Amplification on armor. The reason why ElOL's damage charts are so high is because Dark Gothic is 5pc (giving an extra slot to work with over Gracia 6pc), gives at least 165 Shadow Damage on pieces and set effect alone, shreds 30 Shadow Resist, and has a 10% Additional Shadow Damage effect (compared to Gracia 6pc's 6% Additional Light Damage). His gear also has heavy Amplification on it. His Strength is probably at least 500 greater than your average Gracia 6pc Ranger.

In the spirit of recent "4 of X class run Heroic Anton" videos, have a "4 Rangers run Screaming Cavern King's" featuring a surprise! I think my Male Ranger was using a +0 Blue since I hadn't hit 60 cap yet. Back in those days Reinforcement actually made or broke the class.

18. What in the actual hell is going on with the Lonely Jackvolver? I just got it and apparently it gives me the power to telefrag enemies.

Edit: Forgot to read the whole description. Nevermind. Now I just have to wonder why it deals so much damage.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  19. elol111

IGN:
    ElOL, 4Nature
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    gold lux is better than lvl 85 released savior revolver
    +1 1-80 means 1 level on each of the 3 passives(stylish, sudden death, headshot mastery) which would add up to around 10% dmg, plus 54% add dmg and the +1 skill level dmg from actives. I saw a post on one of the korean forums that compared 85 released revolver to gold lux and gold lux is slightly stronger. dont remember the setup tho

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  20. Aeon Has an affinity with shortswords

IGN:
    VolGrando
    Server:
    Cain
    Gigantic w/ glory swap feels pretty annoying in practice imo. Only really have experience with elven ring swap on my gm tho.
    When you're on fellow's you break gigantic's set bonus and (afaik the gigantic 10% str buff goes away) you lose the 10% cdr making your cooldowns a bit inconsistent if you happen to need you big skills like awakens.

Still good if you're patient enough to re-proc gigantic after you swap it back on and then enter boss room I guess

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)