M. Ranger General Discussion

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Kanery, May 20, 2014.

1. YagamiBrando Dark King

IGN:
    Yamizaki
    Server:
    Cain
    Ok guys, I finally did it today :)
    [​IMG]

2. elol111

IGN:
    ElOL, 4Nature
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    use short commands like up(z/x/c/space), down(z/x/c/space) etc... and practice. Macros for scrubs :D

3. Osaze Oink!

IGN:
    Rainbows
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    I already asked you this in guild chat stop making me feel bad!
    kek

4. 5does

Guild:
    VagrantEX
    put bloodsport(kick skills) on short commands.

Ex: windmill - space
    mach - z
    punisher - down z

since these skills are canceled from regular attacks you can use a quick X to hold your ground and do the input without moving in case you need to use them while on the run.

example: running -> x(regular attack) -> punisher(down z) -> multiheadshot(right up z)

My rule of thumb was to put noncube skills on 0 or 1 directional input + button, cube skills on 2 directional inputs and awkenings with 3 directional inputs. Also use the most of your skill/skill2/jump buttons, avoid putting many skills that end with your regular attack since chances are you'll end up using them on accident. and if you feel like a particular skill is going off too often and disrupting your gameplay then change binds.

5. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

Airbis testing out Golden Cup vs Infinite Sub

Unfortunately he didn't test out Fish Ball Line since Koreans say it accomplishes the same feat as Golden Cup.

6. LaconicLeaf NewType

IGN:
    LaconicLeaf
    Server:
    Cain
    If you're familiar with fighting game inputs, going full Manual isn't that bad.

As a few examples:
    v > + Z - Headshot
    < v > + Z - Wild Shot
    < ^ > + Z - Suppressive Barrage
    > > + Z - Multi-Headshot
    < v > + C - Fast Draw
    > < + Z - Western Fire

and more.

There's better ways to do this, but using fighting game inputs helped a ton for me while transitioning from hotkeys.

7. Hova Chasing the wind

Server:
    Cain
    Is there some magical way to make Suppresive Barrage not feel like shit?

Like... I'm not sure how to explain it, but SB feels like sometimes its hits don't even... hit. Not miss as in a Hit Rate issue, but miss as in they literally never tried registering against the enemy in the first place.

8. 0913659081

Its damage is really meh even if it hits properly anyway.

9. elol111

IGN:
    ElOL, 4Nature
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    ranger buffs when

10. Keijho

dfog ranger god

11. DankSquad

Hi I just came back after about a year and I was wondering whats a good build now for mranger?
    I see there's some new skills so I was just confused as to what I should be spending my points on now

12. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can opt to grab 1 point in flamethrower and gunguard but those are just gimmicky skills.

The TP page you would use would differ from what you personally like/what dungeons you are currently running.

These are my TP's for Anton.
    [​IMG]

And these are my TP's for every other dungeon/farming.
    [​IMG]

13. Hi, I just barely got to level 76 on my Ranger with 2nd Awakening done already (thank you event).

This is what I got.

[​IMG]

Since I can already use level 85 gear (which I don't understand why, but level requirements went down 10 levels for all gear) what should I be aiming for? And where can I get tools for improving my equipment ranks? Is the Musket build back from 2011 still better than Revolvers even with DBR and Enhanced Revolver or should I just ignore what I've been told and stick to Revolvers?

14. Stylish

You have a Conqueror's Contract on.
    Just get to Castle of the Dead first. There's no point in gearing up yet since you can't even enter the dungeons that let you get better gear.
    The musket build from 2011 is long dead. It was a garbage build anyways. I still can't believe anyone took that build seriously, because it was still worse than using Revolvers in basically every aspect unless you somehow had a highly reinforced Death by Musket.

15. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

Like stylish said get to 85 before doing anything.

Once you hit 85 start doing otherverse dungeons to get 6 pieces of Standard Procedure set then follow this guide:
    http://dfonexus.com/threads/gracia-and-gearing-guide.12313/

Also I'd recommend completely ignoring every single thing the person who told you to go musket build said or will ever say in the future.

16. Texas

IGN:
    Texas
    Guild:
    NEET
    Server:
    Cain
    I've recently completed Silent Chameleon cuz it dropped four times in a row today.

Is it still garbage or can I use it over Gracia?

17. Quickshot "Happiness is a warm gun"

Gracia is still better

18. Salamact

I haven't been keeping up with the rebalances for this class, so apologies if this has been covered somewhere and I overlooked it.

I know Sudden Death was reworked in KR, strength to skill damage if I recall correctly, but I'm curious whether it retained it's pcrit bonus or not. Anyone know if it was kept?

19. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

Its still there.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Fishman465 Most Opinionated WM in NA

IGN:
    Fishman465
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm curious if the anton revolver (the one with explosive headshots) is really useful or not.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)