M. Ranger General Discussion

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Kanery, May 20, 2014.

1. Kanery それは俺だ!!!

Please divert simple questions and "what's a good build" in this thread, regardless of PvE or PvP intentions. This thread should be made for cutting down on as much filler as it can by containing them here.
    As of now, DFO is still on Season 2, Act 6. Which basically means that Male Ranger is in an okay spot in PvE and still pretty amazing in PvP as always. Second Awakening in DNF and other previous changes from last year basically puts Rangersback in the spotlight.

http://dfcentral.com/2013/06/19/dnf-new-balance-2/5/

2. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki

This video is pretty great too. X for victory!

3. Kanery それは俺だ!!!

I know you're supposed to take these True Vilmark videos with a grain of salt, but this guy is a freak.

4. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    Oh my fucking god. What. That's just insane.

5. matt

Steam:
    matt_jh

repost from creecree's thread on dfoj

this vid is every reason why im rolling again a (f)ranger

(im scared of dicks)

6. Ouroboros Dark Driver

IGN:
    Bulldog
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Male rangers are bad yadda yadda yadda
    Max headshot, windmill, and all cube skills blah blah
    Awakening skill is preference 1 is ok max is better, max silver bullet is recommended

7. RinSom ☆ Fenrir.. D R I V E! ☆

i want that m gunner voice

8. Phenyl

Our current Mgunner voice is sexyuguu tho.

BTW, after that revamp do Rangers become less ridonk to fund or what?

9. RinSom ☆ Fenrir.. D R I V E! ☆

Pretty sure 90% of whether you can fund a ranger or not still depends on what you do with your money, how you react to opportunities, etc.

It's not like they're going to up the appearance rate of Gabe or something :dance:

10. Phenyl

I mean in general. I always wanted to try M or F Ranger but the way people talked about it, it sounded like Ranger would be super hard to fund.

11. RinSom ☆ Fenrir.. D R I V E! ☆

those ppl prbly never held more than 2mil in their entire dfo career
    it's not the funding you need to worry about (well, partially)
    it's your luck

12. Phenyl

Oh pfft, scared away for nothing then. I played an Archmage and Dagger Silvermoon. They're not the easiest to gear if you want to solo without being murdered or moving slowly. So I always thought "OMG IT'S WORSE THAN THIS WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS TO THEMSELVES???" Now I'm not so scared to try it. I was scared to try F.mech and that turned out to be fun.

But um, which is better or easier to use? M.Ranger or F.Ranger? I looked a the skills on the wiki and the changes and can't decide.

Note: By "scared" I mean "totally didn't wanna deal with constant BS just to play a certain class."

13. RinSom ☆ Fenrir.. D R I V E! ☆

ok listen closely to me bae

there will be a shitter named matt who may or may not persuade u to don 2d tits

im here to save u from that fate

what it basically boils down to is that we have a better wildshot, they have a better MHS. for the most part, they play out the same, save for a few different playstyles.

at the end of the day tho both need a decently reinforced revolver to be good at what they're made to do.

14. Phenyl

So who has the better kicking game? That's kind of one of the reasons I like Rangers. Yeah I know Male Striker is the super kicker but he doesn't have friggen guns. NEED DEM GUNS YO.

15. Ouroboros Dark Driver

IGN:
    Bulldog
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    They are both easy to use just comes down to preference or awakening skill scud genocide was too good for me to pass up.
    females are the better kickers between the two

16. Phenyl

Guess I'll get to play my gender after all.

Though I'm still half undecided. Mind throwing a build at me just in case? May as well have a few in this topic anyway.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  17. Ouroboros Dark Driver

IGN:
    Bulldog
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    They both follow the same build for the most part such as they can both max kicks forgo revs in favor of hand cannons. General idea is max headshot windmill all cube skills awakening skill optional physical crit from QP oh yeah and death by revolver. I would make a build if I had or knew of a planner and wasn't on my phone right now.

18. Orbus

I believe in future patches most percentile skills on most classes get buffed to the point that they can keep up with fixed damage skills so that a reinforced weapon stops being a mandatory thing.

Having played some cdnf it certainly seems true.

19. Hakumen Dopeness

Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    My body is ready for op crits

20. Brandon Hunger

http://arad.ofli.es/actxx/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)