M. Nen General Discussion

Discussion in 'Nen Master' started by Lucifer, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Lucifer Lucifer

IGN:
    Lucifer
  2. iHooDz Think about that

Thankfully the beta has given us a million R-touches so we don't have to worry about our mana.

3. Someone

Does noone play this class or is it just that bad? So far its fun to play, so I was wondering why noone was talking here. Do they need buffs or what?

4. iHooDz Think about that

Extremely fun, in fact the most fun I've had with a class in a long time. Too bad everything they do fem nen does better.

5. Someone

Isn't F. Nen less powerful Sader?

6. iHooDz Think about that

Fnen and Sader do very different things. If you're talking about nen being "Support only" I don't think you've seen enough fnen vids.

7. Someone

Hmmmm, from a Tier List I saw awhile ago, F. Nen were in high regard because they provided Khai, Stimulating Breath and Solar Shield.
    They also have better Nen Shields as well as Utimate Nen Shield to protect against damage while healing.
    From all these things I would think that F. Nen are more support oriented.
    M. Nen also have a more offensive skillset, atleast from what I can see, and are not as highly ranked as their female counterpart.

8. iHooDz Think about that

Don't listen to tier lists, a lot of them are mostly outdated or underdated due to our version being behind, and the tier lists only matter for sever specifics(unless you are playing kdnf don't listen to a kdnf tier list) Also besides Khai, Gaurd, and Stim Breath, they are both damage oriented classes. Another thing to note is that the male guard doesn't last as long but can absorb more damage than the female. Stim breath I believe is the same on both classes as far as the scaling (might need someone to double check that).

9. Someone

Hmmm kk. So Tier lists are just for if you want to run something like Anton or OV.
    Hmmm, so they are both aggressive but M. Nen is more pure aggression while F. Nen has defensive abilities to help sustain her aggression.

10. iHooDz Think about that

Tier lists are basically just for show to make people feel better or worse about their class picks. Every class (minus full support sader) can do well in OV and True Ancients.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Aggressive"? If you mean a Mnen who sits behind everyone just using Nen Cannon yeah no one is going to like you. They both are equipped to deal damage (fems deal more damage as of current due to 2nd awakenings). The real difference is between the classes is that a Fnen is more than likely better to be in a party because it brings more to the table(also Khai OP). It's not saying Mnens are bad they are just outclassed by Fnens in every shape and form.

One could argue that males awakening passive makes them more oriented for a "Dps" role in this game, but you can stack Mcrit other ways and probably hit the same rate on other classes.

11. Someone

Huh. Kk. Khai is good because late game mods are mostly Shadow Creatures? The same reason that Avengers and SBs have problems late game?
    Also, wasn't M. Crit a bitch to stack because there are no M. Crit potions unlike P. Crit.
    Also, what would it take for M. Nen to be as good as, if not better, F. Nen?

12. VanillaRico Dirty brawler fighting?

IGN:
    PilotAerio
    Guild:
    Key
    It's none of my business, but I'd recommend picking a class based on playstyle rather than what element mobs might be weak too lategame/ in the future. Hell, look at Anton and the new area. Mostly fire/normal element monsters there.
    But you do you.~ That's what's most important!

13. Someone

Dude, I play whatever interests me at the point. I feel like playing M. Nen so I am atm. I was just wondering about the differences between them and how good M. Nen are atm. I play however I feel like, which I'm sure some people may be able to tell you.

14. VanillaRico Dirty brawler fighting?

IGN:
    PilotAerio
    Guild:
    Key
    Shit, I hope I didn't come off as sarcastic in that post. My b if I came off like that.

15. Someone

lol no relax. I take advice easily. Whether or not I follow it is what matters.

16. iHooDz Think about that

M. Crit was hard to stack in our version, as of now I think at end game mcrit is a lot more attainable.

As for what it would take to make Male Nen around the same level of good as Fnen.
    1) Khai (But because it's male wouldn't be awesome if it was a magical attack buff + light damage?)
    2) Nen Guard lasting long enough for it to be useful to the party instead of just the solo player
    3) One could argue the nen cannon is awesome as it is, but remember the fnen can almost spam her cannon.
    4) Male fighters getting a 2nd awakening would probably fix a lot of the power creep between the classes.
    5) Another opinion, but I felt like dopple could have been more boisterous on males, but I'm a white cis scumbag.

My opinion is this, don't choose a class because you think it'll get you parties in OV, I've seen a friend finish out a chron set as a katana zerk in our version, though at many parties dismay. Choose a class because you think it is fun. If you love the playstyle of the Mnen please play Mnen. This class was literally the most fun I've had on a class since my Rogue, mostly because of the fast/fun million combo point runs it can do. I was a little turned off by the fact that tiger flash took almost 1/4th of my mana to cast and another 4th drained into stim breath. Thankfully potions are cheap though.

17. Someone

I know right. Like the F. Nen Second awakening skills, Surprise Doppelganger, that is cool. Males could have used that but with more skills.
    But we would have to be more careful not to become Avenger Lite.
    Pun intended.
    But I am guessing for M. Nen we will get more use for the Spiral Nen, and something more with Tiger Flash.
    But let's see what happens.

Check your fucking privilege.

18. iHooDz Think about that

In my opinion at least our Tiger Flash is fucking amazing in comparison. Our spirals having a toggle, and Nen Stone (though some choose to not max it I can understand that, though with free awakening you will have the option too) are also pretty good in comparison. I honestly love the Nen shotgun over the the fems, because it just "feels" powerful. The animation, knock-back, size, and the jap VA makes it sound pretty main character worthy.

19. Someone

How is the Tigre Flash different?
    Yea, I love Spiral Nen. It does so much.
    I don't know why people don't max stone. It makes it do double damage at max level. How is that not awesome.
    Don't have the Japanese VA. Also yea, the Cannon is fun. Firing Cannonballs of pure light into enemy faces is always fun.

20. Save 4 Less Now!

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    Actually most of the stuff in the Castle of the Dead deals Light Damage/has heavy Light Resist especially in Lukerinje, Banquet Hall of Light, and King's Library. There might be some Anton dungeons with light resist too but it's mostly fire.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)