M.Exo Not doing enough damage in end game

Discussion in 'Exorcist' started by BurningNero, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Celcius What is context?

IGN:
    Selsun Blue
    Guild:
    Heidy
    http://serviceapi.nmv.naver.com/fla...06e96a698a0f7142fc2dacc9&width=720&height=438
    http://serviceapi.nmv.naver.com/fla...6c601831153716b34fe25f99&width=720&height=438
    http://serviceapi.nmv.naver.com/fla...4c1b172f3abcaa577b098adc&width=720&height=438
    http://serviceapi.nmv.naver.com/fla...e68a07384bdf39cd6c3e302f&width=720&height=438
    http://serviceapi.nmv.naver.com/fla...250997312110a47682ed43d4&width=720&height=438
    Old videos of some M. Exo soloing Anton daily. I don't see any problems with LAs hits when there's dog holding. :confused:
    @흐켱의소울 suggested the above gear set as the recommended set M. Exos use for raiding and it's proven to be the most efficient.

2. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    Amazing buff I agree but luminous 9 set fnen will not do "amazing" dmg in kdnf raid even w/ a lumi fist. The dmg will be mediocre even in gun def. The power inflation of china (titles, enchants, reinforcements, etc) along with the reduced hp/gimmicks in china raid compared to dnf makes alot of things viable that is not viable in kdnf. Public party will rarely accept a chron fnen let alone a dopple 9pc. They are brought into kdnf raid for one purpose and that is khai.

3. Ryu Graduated from hell modes!

IGN:
    RyuHaku
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    Yes my bad I didn't mention I meant CDnF. With skill enchantments I can get up to +8 nen dopples and +10 dopple blast. This would obviously be a huge difference in KDnF since they don't have any of that. That is essentially the big difference as more hp and gimmicks will not affect a 7 second half screen nuke.

This reply is not meant for a huge debate between CDnF and KDnF. I respect both regions and simply forgot to note i was talking about f.nens in CDNF raid (since i play one myself) but again, thanks for pointing that out for me.

4. Jadefrost

[/QUOTE]
    I guess the signal beam was burnt out. Glad you came anyway~

LA is less of an issue with dismissal and more of an issue of damage optimization. Enemies such as Nerbe, domthiorc, Kruss graphite, Agnes, the thunder golem, meteor golem, and Mendel of the Abyss have frequent I-frame gimmicks. Super holds or not, it's difficult to keep these monsters contained and vulnerable for more than a half a dozen seconds (think of Tiamat or Asteros from dark side). Dog cannot be dependably relied on for reasons I mention in my post below. As most instances stand, you'll have a few seconds of open vulnerability followed by anywhere between 5-20 seconds of invulnerability.

This is my point: a full burst of SL and a couple HA's is better than the handful of LA strikes you can land in the same amount of time--whether it's the highly mobile enemies I mention above, or enemies that gain vulnerability after completing a gimmick (such as the stinky orb, giant nugol, zombie lord or absorption eater etc.)

When the enemy is held in place for 8 seconds from a well-groomed dog, things become a lot easier. In this case, I would agree that EoD outdamages space distortion. What needs to be kept in mind, though, is how difficult it is to consistently land dog and the holds that lead up to it. The runs in the videos were not done consecutively (see the consumable supply), and if you've run Anton, then you know how difficult it is to time superholds. Enemies such as the ones I mention in my above post have sporadic movement and random entry patterns.

What then becomes an issue is the survival of dog. Most attacks from raid monsters will destroy dog in 1-2 hits. This isn't demonstrated in the videos because the damage is much softer (see how dog tanks Nerbe's lightning strike), and all the holds are perfectly timed upon entry. Add in gimmicks from cannon defense and the spawn-lings, and dog's survival becomes all the less you can take for granted.

I don't blame you for defending your view with these videos. Just know that the videos convey perfect execution, which may or may not be realistic.

5. Nier FPriest main since 2017

The problem with space distortion is HA is terrible as a filler skill. Even if you swap back with 6/3 setup it's still not as great compared to LA EoD. Yes you do gain the instaburst but if you've played mexo you'll realize that shiki hits are pretty random. LA also goes back to becoming a mediocre skill just like every m.exo skill even with full epics.

EoD takes this skill and makes it one of the best damaging skills in-game (It's not pre-furnace nerf level but it is up there) and combine that supernova rosary, you can easily get 100k% depending on your LA levels on those 5s you mentioned, even higher if you manage to smasher/sits confirm to dog grab. WT patterns are also faster to setup and much closer to each other which in turn increases its overall damage.

6. Celcius What is context?

IGN:
    Selsun Blue
    Guild:
    Heidy
    I understand your point and it's inefficient compared to EoD.

The vids were examples of how the M. Exo soloing was able to utilize his Smasher/SiTS/EX grab into dog hold. Mobs/Bosses movement and patterns become predictable since the aggro is only targetted to the M. Exo. I can see how this can be different in a party format if aggro is directed at a random party member, but if the party prioritize holding... it shouldn't be difficult to remedy. He even used Faris doll to extend hold so I don't really find this as an issue.

This is a poor excuse to make and a weak one at that. You're not going to be casting dog where it's vulnerable to be hit. I'll agree that raid monsters will destroy dog in 1-2 hits but zoning with WT or placing LA where you will do efficient damage can remedy that. Not to mention, you're not exactly soloing in raid... so it's better to have reliable party members to have consistent DPS. Gunship Defense is by far the easiest raid dungeon and gimmick(s) is not hard. Example below:

By all means, you're welcome to use Space Distorter. But judging from your responses you're lacking execution and proper setups.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)