M.Exo Not doing enough damage in end game

Discussion in 'Exorcist' started by BurningNero, Jan 3, 2016.

1. BurningNero

Skill Damage
    [​IMG]

Skill Build
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not doing enough damage in dungeons like Mt.Kulun solo. I currently have a +10 phoenix bead and random chronicle cloth armor. Any suggestions to put out more damge would be great.

2. Nier FPriest main since 2017

Get 9-set end of days. Problem solved

3. Vernon

IGN:
    Alder
    Server:
    Cain
    Anyways, I have not played an Exo to end-game but I can tell you what I did for my Monk. So far: getting advanced clones, str emblems + crit emblems, elemental damage beads(fire in my case) for my accs, used farmed interdimensional frags to buy a 3-set for Unlimited Ability OV set, and rolled for A-ranked str/crit on all my lv 85 magic sealed gear.

In your case, I think magic sealed gear w/ int or m.crit would help be the better option unless "random chronicle cloth armor" is an OV set.

4. Sim Aloha!

IGN:
    GTSK
    Server:
    Cain
    get giant weapon mastery and lurking dragon, lower your pentagram to 1 cause its not meant for damage

5. Forte EXPERIENCE TRANQUILITY

IGN:
    KnuxForte
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Max out your giant weapon mastery, it counts towards your MATK!

start working towards 9pc End of Days as well!

6. KEKEKEKKEE fk

IGN:
    ShitPlayer
    You want to max out giant weapon mastery and Exorcise amulet. Take out points in red phoenix amulet. You see how little damage it does? Also, make sure you have all your buffs before you cast lightning amulet since it is snapshot(divine insight and combat aura). After that be prepare to wreck everything once you finish end of days.
    This is my damage using a +0 lvl 80 pink magic seal rosary on a basic meteor with all my buffs(divine chakra, divine insight, luminous chakra, and combat aura) and end of days 9.
    [​IMG]
    Oh, and you can take off points in holy amulet and rising emblem if you need the sp but keep at least 1 point in holy amulet for the defense shred, which is what i used it for here.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  7. Jadefrost

I must be missing something when it comes to this set. I saw Psycho K's calculations and saw it does somewhere near 120,000% per duration (12s)--without the TP upgrade. This is hands-down the highest DPS should all the hits connect.

The issue I see is that it can't be effectively used in Anton. 12 seconds is not a realistic vulnerability period for a boss. 5-6 seconds (the duration of dog) is the longest period of time a boss will be stationary/vulnerable for, and the vast majority of the time it will be even shorter.

I can't help but reckon that 9pc space distortion is the best set for Anton. The damage from SL can deal the same amount of damage as EoD's LA in ~1 second, and HA becomes a very reliable filler.

8. Ark Administrator

Please go away with that 70-cap mentality.

MExo is literally only a class right now BECAUSE of 9 piece EoD. Not even full epics beat it out in terms of damage output.

9. Jadefrost

I've been running Anton for roughly a year, and I can comfortably say that being successful in Anton is about dealing reliable damage, not about how high a skill's hypothetical damage output is. Nearly every Anton boss has a gimmick to neutralize LA's DoT, whether it's teleporting across the room, becoming invulnerable after 5 seconds, or removing every laydown on the map.

Like I said, I see how high EoD's damage potential is, but from my experience in Anton, I am hard-pressed to see how the majority of it's damage can reliably connect.

10. KEKEKEKKEE fk

IGN:
    ShitPlayer
    Their main role in anton is naval

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Ark Administrator

You also play China. Your opinion is basically irrelevant considering China's entire raid is the equivalent to DnF's Normals.

Like I said, please go away. This section knows that EoD is the way to go and they understand why. You are literally the only person who can't understand why MExo's use EoD as endgame.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. Jadefrost

Forgive me if I'm ignorant. I don't play exorcist and I'm just now inquiring about the class. I was hoping to inquire some insight rather than being punted.

13. Ark Administrator

Mexo's main job in Anton is Gun Defense. EoD not only provides them with Lightning Amulet Buffs, but buffs to White Tiger as well. The set as a whole is perfect for their job, and their weapons (both legendary and epic) work in tandem with 9 piece EoD as well.

When I say 9 piece EoD is the only realize this class is alive, I'm being serious. Mexo doesn't really have many options that work out in endgame content.

14. Ryu Graduated from hell modes!

IGN:
    RyuHaku
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    Please enlighten me with with your experience with the KDnF raid because I've also been doing Anton dailies in China on 4-5 characters on the daily, completed CDnF raid and I acknowledge the fact that in terms of difficulty KDnF raid is slightly more difficulty in comparison to the CDnF raid through a few gimmicks like Black Mist 2nd room tornado and Solid leg 2nd room pillars. However, if you add in TenProtect, the Tencent built in data regulator, it easily makes the CDnF raid twice as hard as KDnF raid since it's almost guarantees that you will be left with half if not less of your raid group after 4 mist clears.

To add on to your analysis on M.Exo's job in raid, M.Exos are hands down one of the best damage support classes in raid. While they are definitely insanely effective in Cannon, a geared one ( upgraded lv 86 ov set, amp 10 or higher, epic enchants etc) can easily replace the lv 30 bremen soul bender or the full super hold dark templar because they have magic shred and holds from dog, superior zoning from white tiger, lightning amulet and suppression AND damage to top it all off. If the carry of the team was an elementalist or indra, M.Exos are just overall better compared to most of the other damage support classes.

• Cit. Needed Cit. Needed x 1
    • List
  15. Ark Administrator

And here I thought DFO players were the ones that didn't know what they were talking about. How could I forgot to look at China :magic101:

• Edgy Edgy x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Classy Classy x 1
    • List
  16. Ryu Graduated from hell modes!

IGN:
    RyuHaku
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    Sorry only thing coming out of your mouth is petty jabs :)

17. Jadefrost

No, you're right. Why bother with new ideas when you can just quote status quo information from reddit?

You're right in seeing EoD as Mexo's superlative for battleship. It's just too bad that battleship is the extent to which you can see.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  18. Psycho K Keeper of Territory

*ponders why people talk about stuff I've written without doing the @Psycho K summon*

Lightning Amulet's target doesn't need to be stationary; they just have to be in the AoE. You say it can't be effectively used, but you don't cite any specific encounters. E.g., Diregie and Captain Rangelus are difficult match ups for End of Days (both White Tiger and Lightning Amulet) because after their short vulnerability periods end, they have damage reflection patterns that will kill you. White Tiger can be dismissed, but Lightning Amulet cannot, so this is a real problem unless you're strong enough to kill them in one phase.

The closest thing to that in Anton is Brilliant Flame Agnes, but unlike those two, her vulnerability time is longer, so you can fit Lightning Amulet in. If you do her fight the intended way, it's possible to disable the damage reflection for a while anyway. Also, I don't see why you're leaving Lightning Amulet Upgrade out of this since there's no doubt you would have it. End of Days White Tiger is not to be taken lightly either. The 30% increase to orb size really helps with the consistency of it hitting depending on the pattern you use. If you're fortunate enough to have Hundred Eight Beads as well, the orb is huge.

Space Distorter rocks a reasonably mean Holy Amulet and a pretty powerful Shikigami Legion. It's not enough though:

This issue exists at 9-piece as well. I have a growth contract right now, so I can't give you the max damage Shikigami Legion can deal until that expires. Whatever that number is will definitely be less than End of Days Lightning Amulet by a good deal. While powerful for its short duration, you're really left hanging when Shikigami Legion is on cooldown. Holy Amulet is reliable, but unless you do Space Distorter 6 + Soul Savior 3, the damage is hard to call great, though it still works better than anything else.

End of Days also has incredible synergy with Light Sacred Rosary, Light of Annihilation: Supernova Rosary, and Hundred Eight Beads. Space Distorter has no equivalent selection; Hundred Eight Beads does do nice things for Holy Amulet, but without some crazy Shikigami Legion parameter, there's nothing to really bring Space Distorter 9 into the fold. Even in those bad match-ups I talked about earlier, I use Space Distorter 6 + Soul Savior 3 because strong Holy Amulet pokes get the job done there. I only use Space Distorter 9 when trying to burst Riftmaster Gaunis.

19. KEKEKEKKEE fk

IGN:
    ShitPlayer
    China has epic enchants?!?!
    Also, there is that one video of that mexo doing solo mountain which is impressive. Mexos do have the holy trinity of hold, shred and dps, as for why they aren't seen as much outside of gun defense, my guess is that other classes do it better like their pexo brother.
    Not sure how relevant this is since i have never done anton, lightning amulet being a lingering effect can be a determent for gimmicks such as damage reflect.

• List
  20. Ryu Graduated from hell modes!

IGN:
    RyuHaku
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    It's just that M.Exo are so good in gun defence with essentially just a decent weapon and end of days set. It's the same thing with luminous 9 set f.nen. They have amazing buff with khai, stim breath and solar shield. Amazing damage with 7 second doppleblast. In M.Exo's case it takes a little more than just a 9 piece end of days to become a good damage support for team 1 and 2.

Edit: Yes, China has epic enchants. They are from lucky card flips after completing 2nd phase of raid.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)