LF> pvp guide

Discussion in 'Brawler' started by StriderRyu, Nov 4, 2015.

1. StriderRyu Look! The East is burning red!

im looking for a pvp guide on male brawler, such as what skills to max, weapons to use, and pvp tips

2. Megaplasm

There haven't been any written so far, but you max your throwing skills, High Kick, take Venom Mine and Needle Spin, Taunt/Double Throw, possibly Seismic Stomp (depending on your level of risk aversion), Mount for the free damages, Explosive Hook, and Thousand Hands.

The above, if you do take them, are maxed. Other stuff that's more iffy include Tornado Kick (Left usually at one because it's only really a combostarter), knee kick because it's a combo throw, Neck Snap, and Torpedo. Obligatory QR (One level lol) and maybe Indomitable Spirit in case you're fighting somebody who can interrupt your mid-combo casting of Double Throw/Taunt (Such as gunners taking Secret/Backup Landrunner, or a stray Hodor).

3. BigShad Big Guy

IGN:
    BigShad
    Server:
    Cain
    General approaches are just using strengthened Needle Throw and strengthened Poison Throw all day every day, just don't use those if they get too close and start unleashing shit.
    Good players will try to get to you more diagonally and out of your range, though, so be prepared for that. Brawler's got a pretty bad blind spot, but it can be used for your advantage if you keep that in mind. Also the moment they get too close on that X-Axis, you just gotta stone 'em and work from there. In the case of other axis-es(?), learn to Pure Walk the hell away. Or maybe even Crouch depending on what it is?
    Also, once you learn the basics of M-Brawler in general, make sure to work on stun resetting with Stone Toss. You can restart your combo from there or even throw out a Strengthened Net Hold and unleash hell. Just like the Koreans do!
    If the version you're playing has Torpedo as a steal skill, I'd definitely get that for the purpose of Super Armor (i think). Otherwise your only Super Armor move for powering through shit while approaching is that Ground Tackle... which is... uh, alright I guess. I personally haven't used it to much success.
    I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff, but those're just some basic tips.

EDIT: No Super Armor on Torpedo. I'm a Torpederp. :dead1:
    Thanks Mega.
    So that puts Brawler's only SA moves as High Kick, Ground Tackle, and Needle Spin. Keep that in mind, I guess. If you're going for Steal Skills, though, Neck Snap's probably your best bet to invest in. At most have one or two levels in the others if you feel like you need 'em.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  4. Megaplasm

Torpedo does not have inherent super armor.

5. karanji

My ground stomp into knee lift never works. Feels like my ground stomp always takes forever to recover from and I can't carry into a combo. Any tips / advice?

6. Apaullo

Guild:
    Dream
    Literally nothing you can do about it. Mfighter's ground stomp is garbage in comparsion to ffighter's seismic punch. I guess you could try to use it for evasion though but I would say just stay away from it because the recovery time is insane.

7. Megaplasm

No, Seismic still has its uses, you just have to not miss with it.

Use warping to guarantee the grab.

8. Apaullo

Guild:
    Dream
    Even if you hit with it, the delay is so long you will have a hard time capitalizing on it. And if you MISS that's a free combo to your opponent.

It's way too dangerous to use unless you're a post-rework grappler.

9. karanji

But I see people land it into combo all the time, they seem to recover faster than II

10. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    You need to max Seismic to get the fastest recovery, which still isn't good, but it's the only way to get a follow-up after it, and even then, it's not guaranteed even if you land it.

11. karanji

As usual Running Wild saves the day. So these people are maxing the ability for quick recovery... doesnt seem ideal, but if you can land i guess its good...

Any idea what M. Fighters best wake up / get up ability to cast is? is it High Kick??

12. Megaplasm

Tornado.

M brawlers are partially considered op because they have another, very strong wakeup option: A brick. High Kick is honestly too slow compared to slayers and most other super armor launchers to be considered a wakeup panic strat.

RunningWild already said to maximize it in order to minimize landing lag. However, since you're a male brawler, you have the option to mask your approach with strengthened needles/bottles to flinch your intended victim right before you jump in.

13. Apaullo

Guild:
    Dream
    Mmm I had no idea that level effects the recovery time of that skill. Good to know. I'm still skeptical of its usefulness however.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)