Launcher General Discussion

Discussion in 'Launcher' started by tails360, May 20, 2014.

1. Salamact

Invite expired :(

2. xtesman

whats the best lvl 85 epic we should b using? laserholic(i have 9 piece qt)?

if i dont find one in epic road, r any of the free epic 70-80 cannons good? or would grinding overfield b better to get?

how much shoukd i pay for grinding if i go this route?

3. Salamact

Best weapon from Hell Mode at the moment would be Wooyo's Golden Cannon.

Grinding Overfield would be much better than the cannons from the selective epic box.

I don't actually know how much Grinding has been going for lately, but you should be able to pick it up for really cheap.

4. Grinding overfield last i checked was around 20-25m and to craft it costs around the same. The price may have dropped from last ive checked.

5. Vedivier

Fellow launchers, I was fortunate enough to get both wooyo's golden cannon as well as lord of ranger from the recent hell events (but not laserholic :( ). I'm intimidated by LOR's hotkeys matter because I am an unskilled player. Which is a better weapon assuming I can get the full (or close to) smash amount from LOR? Is the damage differential large? (Currently I'm on iktan because lasers are the reason for my existence).

6. Yunaka

Use a Wooyo's handcannon it's better than lord of ranger.

7. Use wooyo's.

8. MetalBatKun

IGN:
    IHealDaCrew
    Server:
    Cain
    Hey guys, i was think of gearing out my launcher, and i have a grinding over field that i got from raiding on my sader. So what should i get in terms of gearing? is 6 pc quantum good enough to raid?

9. Salamact

Laserholic would be required I'd imagine to run 6pc Quantum, and it'd also need Captain Trooper's Powered Iron Armor. To boot, this setup would only be used for Naval/Energy position.

Genrally to get your foot in the door for raid you'd start out with fire legendaries, but I'd advise farming Gracia 6pc instead. There's already a few Launchers around here who raid just fine with it, and we'll eventually get Dual Trigger added that'll truly make Gracia OP for us.

10. terrortot4287

IGN:
    Main: Tiddleywinks
    Guild:
    Protogenesis
    Server:
    Cain
    Better in terms of damage, or ease of use? Because I'm fine with emptying my hotkeys, I almost fully manual anyways aside from a few skills, and my other hotkeyed skills I have hotkeyed to glance at their cooldown, I could easily get rid of them.

Also, how does Boom & Boom compare to Liberation HC? As far as I know, the B&B is the bets weap from the Epic box, which is why I'm asking.

11. Salamact

Liberation would be stronger than Boom&Boom. I don't think I've ever seen anyone here in DFOG run Steyr setting for Anton on this class, and I have concerns about it's viability in raid anyway due to it's sustained damage over time emphasis rather than burst. If raid's not of interest, then just disregard that.

However, I believe the best weapon in the box would probably be Naro Space due to the amazing Satellite Beam swap potential it has if you absolutely wanted to pick up a weapon for this class from it.

12. Vedivier

Which of the olympus titles is better for launcher? And is it dependent on if you go fire or light build? Thanks.

13. terrortot4287

IGN:
    Guild:
    Protogenesis
    Server:
    Cain
    Say, how does the Genius Posthumous Work sound as a temporary weapon until Lib/Wooyo/Lord of Ranger? Only asking because I just got it, and that +15% extra damage (I'm assuming Elenore, doesn't say non-stackable), and the +1 Eagle Eye makes it out to be something of a swap weapon. On top of that, I'm running Sudden Annihilation for my Anton set and Saturation Bomb as my farming set, and it seems to benefit both (to Extruder and Gatling specifically)

I currently don't have any really good weapons on hand at the moment; I'm running a Light setup with Gracia cannon on Saturation, and a Fire setup with Hypergrowth cannon on Sudden, so I'm really starved for damage; this cannon sounds like a good option to me, tbh.

14. Salamact

Nice find! Yes, GPW is just a tad weaker than Liberation, it'll serve you really well. I wouldn't bother with Lib, buying or farming for it, it'd just be a waste of money.

As far as I know, Grinding Overfield would also eek out over GPW, and it goes for about 8.5m lately. Don't know that it'd be a significant improvement, though.

To be honest, they're probably roughly the same. The Strength title would probably be a little bit stronger for solo play, and the Phys Atk title would probably be a bit stronger for play with sader. I mathed out PAtk versus Str when choosing my guild insignia way back, and the 48 STR outperformed the 25 PAtk up until about 10k Str. With a different ratio of 75 PAtk versus 100 Str, I'd probably just roll with the PAtk one.

15. Seraph

I'm trying to build a light damage launcher, could someone give me a skeleton skill build?
    My build:
    Code:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/BKKvm
    How tf do you embed an Imgur album here????

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  16. Salamact

I believe it'd look something like this:
    ScreenShot2017_0113_152004159.jpg ScreenShot2017_0113_152014127.jpg ScreenShot2017_0113_152017307.jpg ScreenShot2017_0113_152026477.jpg

Gatling Gun could be maxed for another light skill, but I had a hard time choosing one of the fire skills to drop. Flame Pillar, Grenade Launcher, and EX Stinger are all very strong. SP dumping gets it close to max anyway I think.

Depending on the dungeon in lategame, you may want a few more levels in Arctic Booster for better subholding ability. I just have a bunch of bonus levels to help me out.

You'll want to use {img} at the beginning of the link and {/img} at the end of the link, but replace the {} with brackets []

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  17. IPwnHao

IGN:
    ChitogeSucks
    Server:
    Cain
    Gattling gun needs to be leveled. If you have enough light damage, you'll end up doing more damage with gattling gun than flame pillar.
    There is no need for light launchers to get BBQ to level 10, since if you are doing boats/energy there is nothing *too* important for you to have to hold.
    I can get some screenshots at home but, it's everything Salamact said but you max gattling and take off a few levels in fire pillar, and leave BBQ at level 1. For TP, max gattling TP since we won't be leveling BBQ.

18. Orbus

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss bbq, they buffed the hell out of it in the last update. (and about time too...)
    I believe the page said an increase of 160%, so in other words it does 2.6* the amount it did before.

ScreenShot2017_0126_172904202.jpg
    lv3 gatling upgrade and bbq upgrade, bbq doing almost double, it's obvious even with the last two levels of gatling upgrade that bbq would still be doing far more.

Of course this is versus a *single* target and bbq cannot hit more than one enemy... but considering that most of their skills hit half or more of the screen anyway, I'm not sure that's much of an issue.

19. IPwnHao

IGN:
    ChitogeSucks
    Server:
    Cain
    Sorry, I should have made it clear. I was specifically talking about doing raid as a light launcher, i.e. boats/energy. All I was trying to say was you need mobbing skills on boats and BBQ wouldn't be useful in that situation.
    If raid is not what your light launcher is aiming for, then ignore my suggestion altogether.

20. terrortot4287

IGN:
    Guild:
    Protogenesis
    Server:
    Cain
    ScreenShot2017_0306_192403374.jpg Bit of a bootleg setup, but this is my Double Hell pull. Is it viable by any real means? If you can't tell by the image, that's:
    • 3pc Great Glory Accessories
    • Tarantula Top
    • Tight End Blocker Belt
    • Exposure Heavy Gaiters
    • Plate Ranger Armor Guard
    • Submarine Volcano Shoes
    • +0/6 Gold Lux
    • Starfall (bit of a filler sub-equip, don't have anything better)
    • Rosetta Stone
    And when I actually get around to hitting 90, I'll unlock my Earrings slot and fill it with the Babylonian Symbol I got.
    Aside from what I have equipped, I also have a Magical Rainstorm and Time King Shoulder, so maybe I could get started on a cdr build? I don't have any good titles though, the DFO Intermediate title is literally the best thing I have. And I'm still holding onto my Genius Posthumous Work, even though Gold Lux severely outclasses it anyways.

Aside from getting more 90 Epics/better 85 Epics/finishing my Epic sets, where can I go from here? I don't have a proper swap set, only Tainted Eagle Eye pieces. Also a skill build would be nice, I'm stacking mainly Fire damage in this setup.

EDIT: Previously, all I had was 9pc Saturation Bomb for OV and Ancient/EX and 6pc Sudden Annihilation + offslots for Anton Normals (which I've never actually successfully cleared, never got past Black Smoke actually :/)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)