Knight Shield Defense

Discussion in 'Knight' started by DivineArc, Apr 18, 2015.

1. DivineArc

Is their Shield Defense skill the Weapon Masters'? It says I can do a counter attack when enemies hit it but when I try, I only get the basic normal attack. It's a bit frustrating because I'm not sure if the skill works or not, or if I'm just doing it wrong.

2. Nezumi

You can get counter-attack. Get hit while using it (you have to hold the key) then quickly release (if you have it bound to normal attack, including its default binding) and hit it again. Shield attack if you're not pressing a direction, which is more damaging and stuns, sword attack if you press a direction, which does less damage but can be held to immobilize the target for a good chunk of time and set it up for allies. Not sure what you might be doing wrong.

3. DivineArc

I'm trying it in training mode but it doesn't seem to work properly for me. Is there a way for you to post a video?

4. Nezumi

I just tried to do it in training mode so I could record it for you, but ran into a problem: Nothing in the Training Center actually attacks. Even things that look like they are are just doing the animation without an actual attack attached to it. You can't counter unless you're actually hit.

5. DivineArc

Oh for that, the only time you can replicate an enemy hitting you in the training arena is if you choose Hammer King Borodin. Knock him down and counter his quick rebound knockback. It's automatic.

6. Nezumi

I've got a demonstration of both types of counters here, among some failed attempts. The shield counter looks a lot like the basic attack, but has much higher damage and a slightly different end pose. Sword counter is impossible to mistake for anything else.

7. DivineArc

I wanted to say thanks a lot for your help! I figured out what was wrong on my end, turns out I'm using a control scheme that wasn't supporting complex commands like that. I'm actually use a ps2 controller so I suppose the game wasn't registering my commands right until I put it back to default keyboard.
    Now the thing that disappoints me is that the shield stun only goes up to level 35. Is there another class that specializes in the skill to bring the level up to endgame standards? F.Pally, I'm looking at you lol.

8. Vaginasong

IGN:
    Ravenscroft
    Guild:
    Homu
    Server:
    Cain
    Thanks for this, I was using a ps3 controller and could not for the life of me figure out why the counter didn't work. Seems like the game doesn't change all actions that use X if you change that hotkey.

Fixed it by changing it back to the default "X" instead of "Gamepad 1" and using Xpadder to map my ps3 controller button to "X".

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)