Indra PvP skill build?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Dravida, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Dravida

Are there any pro indra pvp'rs that can share their skill build with me and walk me through how to use each skill?

2. Firefly

First of all you NEED an inflict fire katana to break out frozen enemies. Aside from the basic buffs (wave manifest, murderous, weapon mastery etc.), there's a few must max skills:

1. Neutral Wave is one of the best poke moves in the game, it comes out fast and size increases with level (ie. u can react to rising shot but u have to preemptively guess when nws is coming). This move leads into all ur otg freeze reset shenanigans.

2. Wave Radiation, literally your only y-axis skill. Got nerfed hard but u still need to max this since cooldown decreases with level. Tfw max wave radiation cooldown is higher than drawsword and about equal with wild shot getfucked. This move starts otgs. It has lingering hitbox and good superarmor if u need to trade or tank bullshit like rogue spins while combined with enticer.

3. Ashe Fork, I actually have no idea what this move is called in dfog and I'm going off of the nexon names. Aside from wave radiation, you need this for Y-axis. Don't use it too much unless the opponent is trapped in a corner and you are confident you can lock him in since the move is obvious as fuck and easily countered by stuff like charge crash, fighter/gunner Z's, chopping hammer etc. This move can be used to launch to start aerial juggles, or used in backsteps to continue otgs.

4. Ghost Orb, 80% of your combos are gonna be x string into ghost orb cancels. This is gonna be top of ur DPS chart. It OTG's and is one of the best quick rebound stoppers in the game. Getting this skill passively grants you the Ghost Gate Return which allows you to perfect guard any projectile while receiving 0 damage and gaining a rune if you time a guard correctly.

5. Spirit Crescent, you need at least 5-10 in this skill for it to hit 3 times for aerials/otgs. With enough castspeed you can simply neutral knockdown>upward slash>crescent to get the perfect spacing for icewave reset combo. While fully charged it is a solid neutral game choice, and generates a rune so you can zone or continue combos with another ghost orb immediately. It also deals very nice dmg and is great for clearing summons/bots and one shots nenguards. Don't spam this, its obvious and has long animation and opponents can see it coming miles away.

6. Ground Quaker/Agni Pentacle/Wave Wheel Slasher. Current PVP meta involves juggling enemies to dmg cap (indicated by blue line) and forcing dmg over the limit using strong grabs. Max your grabs. Hit dmg cap, use agni/wave wheel, or freeze and quaker. Run away ASAP after doing this or else dmg protection kicks in and shreks ur face.

7. Ice Wave + Bremen. Asura combos are RNG af, if the opponent doesn't freeze you lose a MASSIVE amount of dmg. So max Bremen (abnormal status resistance shred) and throw it out while ghost orb hitstuns in aerial combos before freezing. Freeze resets are otherwise usually initiated from OTG combos. Ideally you freeze them once the ground cap is reached and u start a new aerial juggle. If you can stall out an aerial combo long enough for freeze wave to come off cooldown again, you can attempt another reset by freezing at the end of the aerial juggle, throwing a 3+ rune ghost orb, and x attacking far enough so that the actual sword doesn't hit the opponent but the wave manifestation brand sword waves break the ice.

8. Indom Spirit. This skill is GODLY. Once you get used to it you will have 0 super armor problems. The main skills this affects is firewave/agni/quaker. It allows you to tank all attacks while u cast those skills, including light dragons from fnens or ISD's from wms and completely counter them. You can also pull off swag like walking up to opponents and casting agni with 0 fucks given and they can't do shit since they can't hit u out of it. Once you get comfortable using the skill you can also get lv1 ancient memory/leap and cast those for instantaneous super armor frames since slayer upward superarmor sucks.

9. Pick up 1 blood lust, 1 flipside counter and 1 enticer. Enticer is your get-out-of-standing-combo card. You can use it as long as you are not launcher or downed, even if you are getting hit. This forces classes to grab you out of it or end their current combo. Flipside counter absolutely fucks up strikers, and combined with enticer fucks up rogues. Bloodlust is a great quick rebound stopper when combined with wave wheel slasher. It is also useful against opponents that got greedy otg'ing that forced you to instastand, usually slayers will instinctively guard, and other classes will try to superarmor/grab/run, the lingering hitbox of lust will always allow you to grab them or at least trade grabs. Worst thing you could do is panick button radiation after you instastand.

Other skills are pretty much up to you. I personally max crit passive and awakening passive for more dmg and evasion. Some ppl max firewave. Can't rly go in depth about combos since it's all micromanaging during the actual combo and shifting according to the cooldowns at the time. Notable skills that hit opponents on-the-ground are mountainous wheel, upward, neutral/ice/firewave, 2nd strike of triple slash, 3+ rune ghost orb, spirit crescent, backstep ashe fork, 3 basic attack of x string (used to warp into wws or cancel into icewave), ground quaker and agni pentacle. Asura is cold blooded murder in the lower RP brackets when no one knows how to counter it. It has a hard matchup against zoning classes (fking mages) and you gotta rly be patient in higher RP matches.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Dravida

Thank you, this is exactly what I need. Also what are your thoughts on using ghost slash and crescent slash?

4. Firefly

Ghost slash has a very long animation, but also has good range. I used to run maxed ghost slash build in 2012-2013 cuz it did so much dmg but theres simply better skills to dump sp into now.

By crescent slash I'm assuming its moonlight slash where you attack twice in half circle fashion. It has 0.2 second super armor and is also affected by indom but I wouldn't recommend using it to tank anything cuz latency alone is longer than 0.2 seconds. It is a great anti-air move against cannon hopping gunners and thieves after molting. It also floats enemies (hitstuns in air) and the first slash is very useful for continuing aerial combos when opponents are blasted too far away (ie. following up after agni explosion). I use lv1 + lv1 gore cross after upward slash for most of my starters to have a higher point to upward a second time to get more height and also stall for icewave cooldown. I use both but usually people would tend to pick either gore or moonlight as their filler since asura needs to use alot of skills and hotkey gets eaten up quickly and u will end up having to manual like 8 skills.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Dravida

Okay so I'm starting to get better at PvP and it seems like we have an answer for most things defensively (quick rebound for otg spams, guard for big hits, enticer for standing combos) but is there an answer for being juggled other than waiting to drop? Also do u know all of the skills Indra have iframes for, if any?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)