I got a new PC recently

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Hova, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Hova Four paths - one destiny

Server:
    Cain
    For the last five years of my life I've been playing games on laptops. First one was hot garbage and I had to endure it for two years. Terrible days those were. Second one, which is the PC I was using before this one, was actually okay and has treated me pretty well for a non-gaming built laptop, I can't really complain about it at all.
    Before those five years I played games on the family desktop, which as can be expected, was garbage for a desktop. Not just because it probably had ancient tech, but also because my family doesn't understand the difference between good software and software that's either probably a virus or is a gateway for viruses.

Needless to say, my gaming experience on the PC has always been lacking and "meh" in terms of performance because of my lacking PCs.
    I've always had stuttering in games, always had some freezes here and there, and in MMOs trying to get through the main cities was a goddamn odyssey in its own right.

But, my god. I've been playing on my new desktop for a little over a week now. It's been such a glorious experience. I'm not even sure I can properly describe the sheer feeling of wonderment I felt and feel being able to play games with ZERO stuttering, NO frame drops, while BEING on the highest graphical settings.
    This computer is hardly the best rig ever created, but goddamn, it's ridiculous how nice it feels to play games completely smoothly.

When I first started up DFO and played it on this PC, I was fucking FLOORED at how it made DFO feel so much smoother to play. DFO was never really super stutter-y on my laptop, it still felt pretty smooth actually. Just had issues throwing big flashy skills into groups of mobs, and the occasional frame skips (which admittedly, in DFO are REALLY fucking annoying) mainly.
    I was completely not expecting DFO to feel so much better to play. I knew I'd have performance increases and no more stuttering, but seriously, the sheer smoothness the game gained on this new computer... left me speechless. Now instead of seeing a semi-slideshow on skills like Skirmisher's 2nd Awake or Swift Master's Spiral Press, I see them in perfect smooth beauty, which is so fucking fantastic. Switching from WiFi to Ethernet has been quite a treat overall too.

TL;DR: No longer a potato. I love gaming desktops.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Space Fish Fishstick Van Platin

Server:
    Cain
    Liberating, isn't it?
    I was in the same boat as you like midway through Nexon DFO. Sometimes I still look back to that thing and wonder how the fuck I lived like that.

3. Hova Four paths - one destiny

Server:
    Cain
    Agreed 100%. It's literally being a peasant and then casually becoming a lord.
    :thumbsup:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)