How should I optimize musket attack speed?

Discussion in 'Spitfire' started by Metropolitan, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Title says all; How do you guys mash X to get the most out of the attack speed? Do I need a certain % of attack speed to fire quickly with a musket? Any comments would be appreciated :)

2. Blastu

IGN:
    Nero
    Server:
    Cain
    I'd also like to know this, maxed out my mastery and at level 50 i only have 50% attack speed, it's pretty slow

3. Dubin carried by fmage

All auto attacks' speed, even ffighter's knuckle string and gunners' autogun, are based on timing and not button mashing '3' well maybe not autogun, the interval is small enough that it probably fits inside human reaction. But especially with slower weapons like musket, it's all about hitting the timing/rhythm of the x links, and not about mashing as fast as possible. With button mashing my fgrapp's gauntlet string is slow as molasses; but with timing I can do xxx just about as fast as tonfa button-mashed.

Of course, that still does nothing for the *massive* delay before the finishing hit :fmage:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. James ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

i actually didn't know this

i've been mashing like a tard this entire time

5. can confirm, it also applies to backstep too - if you mash backstep it doesn't let you backstep as quickly as if you were backstepping with a certain rhythm / timing

6. Same here :p

I'm not exactly sure but the spitfire in this vid seems to be firing REALLY quickly.. Someone in the comment section even mentioned it too. I'm guessing I'd need ~80% attack speed to match his fire rate?

7. Orbus

Yep autoguns and bowguns have too fast of firing speed to really need to worry about timing shots but muskets and revolvers are right around the area which timing outshines plain button mashing.
    The mastery skill and some attack speed, perhaps from avatars, and use good timing and you can shoot muskets pretty dang fast.

Even then, the firing speed in that vid is faster than I was expecting, sheesh.
    That's so fast in fact one probably doesn't even need to use buster shot, at that point its just slowing you down.
    And seeing as the person in that vid doesn't have buster shot on a hotkey he probably agrees.

8. Exiled998

The musket that is used in the vid is a musket called 'Winchester Custom' lvl 70 pink with average draw speed compared to the usual slow draw speed of most musket , i'm not sure if the user added any attack speed but 1 of the reason why he is firing that fast is because of that.

9. Save 4 Less TWENTY TWO

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    He's using a Magic Sealed level 70 Unique Musket not Winchester Custom. I can tell because I actually have Winchester Custom and it doesn't look like that.

10. Exiled998

someone have contacted the uploader of the video and it has been confirmed that he has at least 50+% of increased atk speed to achieved that and the musket is +10, i cant confirmed yet if what he is using is the lvl 70 magic sealed unique winchester custom, still i have to ask unless we have mad gear like that does that mean is better for us to spam nades than XXX all day like that ?

11. Ring Castlevania Feg

IGN:
    Ring/Juan(Juan Puns)
    Guild:
    Communism/Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    I usually do two quick taps and then a very small delay before the rest of the shots and it seems to go faster. however now that my dual lickerish level and we ave avatars, I don't care and use the Hold down X option now.

You could try a mix of both?

12. Skyson WIND MAN STAFFING AT LOW SPEEDS

IGN:
    Skyson
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Wait for steal skills and get Fastest Gun. THE BEST SECRET SKILL TECHNIQUE.

I actually love the hell out of this skill. Hella worth.
    Til then? Tap harder.

13. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    Get a controller with turbo fire.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)