How happy are you with the new balance to Avenger?

Discussion in 'Avenger' started by Jadefrost, Jun 1, 2016.

?

How happy are you with the new balance (TB8) Avenger?

1. Very happy

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Somewhat happy

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  3. Somewhat unhappy

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  4. Very unhappy

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. Jadefrost

2. LinkMaster7 Average Lurker

IGN:
    Clayton/Xavier/Karis
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    1st rework was lackluster as heck, and now new tweaks seem like a good step(Nightmare being much more useful) in the right direction. FallingSoul losing its INT means sader buffs are more potent % wise, shadow loss sorta hurts add. shadow effects(DG, D.Grace) but overall Falling soul seems much better(FoC swap further boosts the skill dmg too). Losing EoN and Meta dmg boost in place for constant awa 1 passive is great too(Human form being better?!) which also saves SP. Lets hope they do more buffs, because as it stands it still seems like its not enough.

3. Shirouzen Heaven's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    I wont be satisfied until the demonize is natural 100% uptime, and even with 100% demonize uptime I bet they wouldn't be top tier (but I'd be satisfied with at least mid or mid high).

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  4. Gardios SOIYA SOIYA SOIYA

Guild:
    Caliginosity
    Server:
    Cain
    Let's just say I expected nothing and got still disappointed. With how unspectacular the changes from test to live were, I'm kinda worried now that they'll just call it a day and continue balancing the next couple of classes...

5. Shirouzen Heaven's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    They needed to work on QOL more than raw damage. I also hate when devs nerf/buff things at the same time. It makes balance way messier. If a class is atrociously low tier just give them buffs and then nerf again later if they went too far. People will still be happy about their class that way. Instead they buffed+nerfed with an end result of Avenger looking in an all too familiar state.

When I'm in demonize I feel amazing, and the class feels amazing. But when I'm not the class feels incredibly clunky and mismashed together, especially compared to other classes. There's alot of being "stuck in one spot' for many moves, and even the high mobility skill (sonic the hedgehog) has a slow startup and lets you only move in one direction. Imagine how much better it would be with no startup and the ability to move back and forth for its duration. It's small things like that which would benefit the class greatly.

Damage buff is good, its great but it can't fix a skill that takes too long to execute, or has a janky hitbox, or one that lacks control in movement. Many of the demonize form skills fix the skills in normal form (i.e. their hitboxes are decent or mechanics like sonic the hedgehog change into something actually good) but when your back in human form it feels clunky again.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  6. Jadefrost

Due to the fury of the players in the kdnf forums, neople has agreed to revise the balance patches. I'm hoping it's more than just a couple tweaks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Cit. Needed Cit. Needed x 1
    • List
  7. Jadefrost

So with the latest changes we got echoes of nothing back, and falling soul still gives skill damage. Meta also regained its skill damage buff, and with evil striker now buffing skill damage the stacking between these skills is really quite overboard (1.3[EoN]*1.2[FS]*1.25[meta]*1.25[ES])=2.44. That's without level stacking.

It's still incredibly disappointing that there is no effective use for the demon gauge while demonized. "Charging" our 2nd awakening skills deals puny amounts of damage--dark howling is the sole exception. It will suck having a full demon gauge for 95% of demonize with no benefit whatsoever.

8. GhostlyCrow

Guild:
    Salty
    The attack boost from Evil Striker's max demon gauge is godly and I dread losing it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  9. Jadefrost

Indeed. Now the only benefit of having it full is having something pink and shiny to look at.

10. Shirqu

When are we going to see you on our small dfog pvp scene James? I have never seen any avengers on practice channel

11. Shirouzen Heaven's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    wait, its being taken out? why buff things by 20 and 30 pct then nerf an overall buff that gives 25pct?

12. GhostlyCrow

Guild:
    Salty
    Oh, I guess not. I must have been mistake or misread this:

Evil Strike
    • Current effect has been removed
    • Increase Devil Strike attack damage effect has been added
    • Increase all skill attack damage except Devil Strike effect has been added

13. Jadefrost

Still, I'm pretty sure this will exclude demonize's x-string. The previous evil striker's effect included it.

14. Jadefrost

I love how I'm checking back here every day in hope of seeing an update from Jay in the official server thread.

15. Shirouzen Heaven's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    i guess that was it and theyre moving to magic cata nerf

16. Jadefrost

All they needed to do was make metamorphosis usable in awakening mode.

17. LinkMaster7 Average Lurker

IGN:
    Clayton/Xavier/Karis
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Oh man thats such a good idea and would fix that demon gauge issue.

18. Shirouzen Heaven's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    If all the other classes keep their horrific nerfs avenger might not be in such a bad place afterall~

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  19. Fishman465 Most Opinionated WM in NA

IGN:
    Fishman465
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    Wouldn't that be like SS+Kaioken? Not complaining but curious about what would happen if that was possible.

20. Jadefrost

Hah, I like the analogy. It would be, but I'm pretty sure Goku pulled off a super-Kaioken when he was in the underworld. It just needs a particular activation condition.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)