How do you deal with depression?[NSFW]

Discussion in 'Spam' started by DaenyrisT, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Draq Bruiseus Maximus

IGN:
    AlbusCrest
    Steam:
    draqxqard
    Guild:
    StreetKings
    Server:
    Cain
    I have went through a year of depression, from my experience I refused to get therapy and when my grades suffered I did go once.. then didn't go again; I feel depression has to do with motivation and the counselor I met wasn't very motivating.

What got me out of it though? Walking and getting fresh air, for leisure! Crazy eh? Even though it sounds ridiculously normal, I'm a VERY indoors person and would not take a walk or "go outside to breathe, change scenery" or something. That simple "change" in my activity when I realized depression had the best of me, made it completely disappear without me realizing it.

I have not made a schedule for walks. I have not made a habit of it. I simply made it a thing I would do when I feel nothing, when I feel unproductive or held down by the bed, screens and school routines.

I think the most important part is not to force it on yourself, but rather do the therapeutic action that your mind is open to. Your attitude about life in itself changes much of what happens to you, remember that you don't need to be miserable, you're valuable like me and everyone else. ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. MetalBatKun

IGN:
    IHealDaCrew
    Server:
    Cain
    Honestly this, I recently got over my case without counseling but really just getting a change of scenery and pouring my heart out to people. Once you do that, you feel like a HUGE load is off your chest and can go live your life without worrying

3. RinSom ☆ Fenrir.. D R I V E! ☆

The root of my problem came from not having a routine to look forward to. At some point in time I loved the feeling of doing whatever the fuck I wanted ever since I lost employment 6 months ago, but now it introduced the problem of not getting anything done.

So I made a small list of goals of trying to introduce new tasks into my life as well as slowly eliminating the problematic ones.

Nowadays I try to introduce:
    - Reading one nonfiction book a day.
    - Dusting my desk surface every few days (or when needed).
    - Not skipping out on a meal just because it was a pain in the ass to get off

Issues I'm trying to get rid of:
    - Just shut off the computer earlier than usual. DFO Reset can wait.
    - Whatever is left of my minor impulse purchases.
    - Snack cravings which stem from me not eating an actual meal.

It's all about focus and not expecting change in one sitting. Those who have the will to improve, will improve.

4. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

:weeb:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Derailing Derailing x 1
    • List
  5. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Cit. Needed Cit. Needed x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  7. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

8. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    :weeb: :thinking:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • List
  9. DaenyrisT Grand Lady Shitposter

IGN:
    GenoXCaust
    Steam:
    Hi I'm Geno
    Guild:
    Meow!
    Server:
    Cain
    same.

10. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    same.

11. Azure Lune I never said I was -good- at this

IGN:
    AzureLune
    Server:
    Cain
    I just pretend it's not there and wonder why I never have any motivation to do anything...

12. Hova Chasing the wind

Server:
    Cain
    Try depressing your depression so it doesn't have the motivation to get out of bed and depress you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  13. Azure Lune I never said I was -good- at this

IGN:
    AzureLune
    Server:
    Cain
    wat

but how

14. Airbear Still bad at things.

IGN:
    Raidene/Rocaseal
    Steam:
    Lizzigator
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    I have read your initial post but not the replies following, I apologize if I restate anything that has been said previously.

I myself have been in a hard situation with trying to get my father the help he needed while poor... He was extremely depressed and I would drive home crying some days. Most counseling clinics I looked into will give sliding scale payments based on your income. Also there are free group therapy sessions where I used to live. I would look into this where you live. If you call counselling clinics, most will be understanding and will be willing to help you pay out of pocket. I have also personally known a counselor who provided free counseling to established clients if they can't afford it. However, this is probably just a fringe case.

My father ended up getting set up with our major hospital branch under 'charity care'. You simply sign off on how much income you make/etc and give them info and they verify it with someone in your family. He has free doctor's appointments in the psychiatric clinic. And he qualified for free medication through his own doctor (that he paid out of pocket to visit, 60$ every... 6 months or so).

Please feel free to PM me if you would like help in contacting your local area counseling clinics/hospitals. I believe you can make it through this.
    As for in the meantime, when I was (situationally) depressed, I just flood myself with music/games that I don't have time to think silently. Sometimes it's very hard, but not thinking about it helps me if nothing else can be done in the moment.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. MetalBatKun

IGN:
    IHealDaCrew
    Server:
    Cain
    Hey again, I just wanted to say i recently lost a very close uncle. I lost him last saturday due to having cancer for ten years. He wasn't just an uncle though, he was a teacher, and above all, he was my friend. I felt it so badly that i just stayed quiet for about 3 days and had skipped school for 2. My entire being was hurt, just thinking about him would bring a waterfall of tears to my eyes. I died on the inside, honestly had it not been forbidden, i might have killed myself. I got over it by being around my genuine friends. Now i feel like i don't bottle up everything anymore because i have such good friends. Be around close and dependable people so you don't feel like you can't spill your guts to someone or something. i sincerely hope you feel better!

16. Futa Looney for the Luna

This thread is depressing

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  17. Draq Bruiseus Maximus

IGN:
    AlbusCrest
    Steam:
    draqxqard
    Guild:
    StreetKings
    Server:
    Cain
    Wait until you do academic work.

18. DaenyrisT Grand Lady Shitposter

IGN:
    GenoXCaust
    Steam:
    Hi I'm Geno
    Guild:
    Meow!
    Server:
    Cain
    im sorry about your uncle :( its never fun to lose someone you love.

19. Zext

IGN:
    Zext
    Guild:
    Innergenus or sumtin
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]

• Derailing Derailing x 2
    • List
  20. Rikaikun

You could try this. Literally no downside to trying this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)