How do you deal with depression?[NSFW]

Discussion in 'Spam' started by DaenyrisT, Mar 1, 2017.

1. DaenyrisT Grand Lady Shitposter

IGN:
    GenoXCaust
    Steam:
    Hi I'm Geno
    Guild:
    Meow!
    Server:
    Cain
    I used to have coping mechanisms, music, sleeping, eating, sex, whatever, but now i dont know what to do.
    It'll be the slightest thing that tips it off, mostly because i'm the one trying to be positive all the time. It doesnt work, really, i feel like im bottling everything up and i find myself unable to cope with anything anymore without exploding.
    I know i need help but, really i dont know where to go, in terms of just... asking, or even, wanting to. The last time i was on here i wasnt in a good place, im not in that same place as i was but, after that i tried to commit suicide a number of times (i've tried i dont know how many over the last 6-7 years) and i either chicken out, or dont have the 'proper resources' to do anything about it. I dont want to say therapy or counseling or a dr is off the table, but financially it just doesnt seem feasible for me. Plus, with the schedule i have it just seems easier to deal with it rather than worrying about it. But here i am, typing away, trying to get some kind of release from pouring my heart out onto a video game forum, for a game i used to love, but i cant stomach being on for more than 2-3 hours every few weeks because i have nobody who can bother to say hello to me, or even ask how im doing.

I'm depressed, i know i am, i'm suicidal, i know i am, i'm trying to pour all these resources into sex, or games, or eating or anything other than the problem, hoping it'll get fixed, only for nothing to happen. I've lost all of my coping mechanisms, and this is really the last one i have available to me.

What do you do when you get depressed?

2. Shirouzen Monster of God

Server:
    Cain
    1. Know that your emotions aren't the same as your true will. Emotions come and go but you as a conscious self-aware entity can choose what you want to do in life, to give things meaning (or not). We're in a vast and non-living, unconscious universe and just existing is something a bit different from that eternal obliviousness that makes up the brunt totality.
    2. Understand whether the root of your depression is just chemical imabalance or existential dread (or both). For me personally, things like tea, coffee, energy drinks can put me in a better state that feels like "me". You may have to get professional help or meds if your case of chemical imbalance is very strong. If its existential dread then really its more about setting a goal and making that goal important to yourself (even if at times your body may reject this goal).
    3. Sometimes you will have to simply reject your emotions to keep living, i think everyone once in a while goes through that sense of existential dread and dullness, just tell that "greyness" to fuck off and do what your true will wants to do, even if your body tells you otherwise.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. legacy

pretend youre not depressed

4. Depending on where you live there may be some free counselling services.

It might not seem like much, but spilling my life to a reassuring stranger was cathartic for me. Sometimes they can piece together your problems better than you with their perspective.

5. Mormolycia Administrator

Server:
    Cain
    i keep myself busy and interact with people as much as possible.

the biggest challenge is forcing myself to get out of bed

6. DaenyrisT Grand Lady Shitposter

IGN:
    GenoXCaust
    Steam:
    Hi I'm Geno
    Guild:
    Meow!
    Server:
    Cain
    see, i've done that before, and the last time i did that the person was neither reassuring nor was she understanding. They cant fix my problems only i can, i may have a chemical imbalance but theres a whole lot of other factors i havnt mentioned that are just too damn complicated to go into detail. Like, how do i cope with my sexual identity? every day i have some kind of negative feeling about that. How do i cope with making 1/4th the amount of money my partner makes? it just feels like an endless cycle of bullshitery.

7. MetalBatKun

IGN:
    IHealDaCrew
    Server:
    Cain
    Listen i feel like that before and have almost done some of the stuff you have done, and tbh i am still pretty young, i shouldn't have had those kinds of tendencies. Really what i did to get myself out of the zone of trying to kill myself was this, "I am still alive, that means God still wants me to still live and worship him, so why am i going to waste my life that is being allowed to keep on living(even though i hate my life due to how much wrongs i have done) and I should just make the most of my life". Now while i don't know whether or not this will help you, you should try to think about what might be making you sad. But in an aspect you and I are exactly alike, I completely bottle up everything and end up losing it mainly through crying and hating how much i have messed up. i think one way to help yourself, is to really just pour out your heart in say poetry, writing a story or hell even reading your favorite book. I pour my heart out in prayer to god because I know he will respond to me in one way or another, whether it will be in this life or the next. You could try to check out various religions and see which will help you. Honestly i have a guildie who talks to me about his conditions and i try to help him and we both write our hearts out to each other as a way to console each other. Try to contact friends who are sympathetic and can put themselves in your shoes to think the way you think to help you. I hope you can feel better man, it really makes me feel bad when i hear about these kinds of stories. Best of luck, and please tell me if this helped you any.

8. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

:chill:

9. WizardOfOrz ⁽⁽ฅ₍₍⁽⁽ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ₎₎⁾⁾ฅ₎₎

IGN:
    WizardOfOrz
    have a good laugh

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. DaenyrisT Grand Lady Shitposter

IGN:
    GenoXCaust
    Steam:
    Hi I'm Geno
    Guild:
    Meow!
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm not religious, i've had religion pushed on me most of my life (i know thats not what you're doing) so its really just a chore imo. I dont know either way, i choose to be agnostic, and accept that weird shit happens for reasons i cant explain and then we also have science, so... But i appreciate it, i agree, pouring your heart into something is nice, its a fantastic distration, and its good sometimes, to know someone is taking care of you, but i've been alone for a lot of my life, and honestly, if there was a god, if there IS, then i cant understand why he would want people to be sad, why everybody cant just be happy and live a good life. Thats really my only complaint about religion, from 'flying spaghetti monster' to atheism and Buddhism and Christianity, it just makes no sense to me.. honestly. So i cant really put my all into something i doubt.

11. MetalBatKun

IGN:
    IHealDaCrew
    Server:
    Cain
    I hear that line a lot, "if there is a god, then why would he make people suffer" now i know that's a good question, but really the apostle of my religion even says, the followers of our belief are weird compared to your average human being, when we experience happiness, we thank god. When we experience sadness we stay patient and still praise god. For your question though, (not trying to force you to believe in god or anything, but just want to answer this question and hope you feel like it might just ease your conscious a little bit) if we lived in a world without suffering, would it not be heaven then? When you think about kids who die at a young age, they might have grown up to be horrible people if they hadn't died. When we experience hardship, it is a test for us to see how we react, do we break down or do we try and fix our problem and turn to someone for help. So honestly to me this world is crap to me,(i would have killed myself if my religion hadn't condemned killing oneself, you would go suffer several possibly millions of years in hell where even god says its a wretched destination.) and I just try to be positive when I hear horrible things. So even without thinking of religion and stuff, think of things this way, you are still alive, try to make something more of your life than what it is right now. Giving yourself a goal in life really makes you feel as if you cannot die yet until you have reached your goal. I sincerely hope my advice helps in any way.

12. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    I get really fucking drunk and wake up in a ditch going "jesus this has to stop"

• Cit. Needed Cit. Needed x 1
    • List
  13. mai saucin on u

Guild:
    Airbears
    at edonday its all bout how u deal with it the only shots u miss are the ones u dont take life isnt about the downs its all bout getting up sometimes we are too strong to reach out for help so all i have to say is let go and let god there are plenty of fish in the sea and what works for you may not work for me

[​IMG]

14. DaenyrisT Grand Lady Shitposter

IGN:
    GenoXCaust
    Steam:
    Hi I'm Geno
    Guild:
    Meow!
    Server:
    Cain
    :(

15. momochuu smarmy ass bitch

IGN:
    Unconcerned
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    make friends that have similar hobbies as you.

16. DaenyrisT Grand Lady Shitposter

IGN:
    GenoXCaust
    Steam:
    Hi I'm Geno
    Guild:
    Meow!
    Server:
    Cain
    I've got hundreds of people on my friends list, who i either invite, or try to talk to, who have similar hobbies or play similar games, and none of them bother to even say hello to me, or decline my invitations or what have you. It has nothing to do with shared interests, i guess im just a fucking horrible good for nothing piece of shit.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Burn Heal Burn Heal x 1
    • List
  17. DaikiAomine

IGN:
    DaikiAomine
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    Pursue fking aesthetics brah srs respect srs tag

18. momochuu smarmy ass bitch

IGN:
    Unconcerned
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm talking about irl, not online. As a human being you need face to face interaction sometimes.

19. Shirouzen Monster of God

Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  20. DaenyrisT Grand Lady Shitposter

IGN:
    GenoXCaust
    Steam:
    Hi I'm Geno
    Guild:
    Meow!
    Server:
    Cain
    my job is to work with customers on a daily basis and work with a team. I see hundreds of people every day when i work, so it doesnt really have anything to do with my social interaction, and i talk to people outside of my SO/family so... not trying to argue, just saying, theres more to this than just what i put initially.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)