How big is the damage falloff of F Grappler really?

Discussion in 'Grappler' started by Grabberino, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Grabberino

Hey guys!

There has been a lot of discussion about f. grappler's damage falling off completely after certain levels. Some say it's not wise to gear up a f. grappler at all cause it'll suck at solo'ing anyways, others say it works just fine in all the content (I'm not talking about the holding capabilites here).
    How big is the damage falloff of f. grappler really? Is it even worth investing in? At what point does she really start to fall off, or is this only Anton-talk?

Regards

2. Misukun ◤◡ᴥ◡◥

Ultimate difficulty is where the pain of solo f.grappler starts (so near Ghent, I guess).
    kinda sucks because the reliable method of refining isn't available until you can enter Shonan, and even then, the investment of powerful energies isn't worth any weapon that isn't semi-endgame.

That being said f.grap shines as a support in parties anyway.
    If you want to play a class that can pemahold AND one-shot things I recommend chaos :cory:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Altana Professional DingleDorf

F. Grap when geared correctly can be one of the best fixed damage DPS. (IIRC like 5th or so best fixed, at least when 2nd awaken hits)
    The reason for this doesn't come from their damage alone. It helps that they can circumvent some mechanics which let them do consistent damage. (This also buffs total party damage)

Like Misukun said, your damage will start slipping in ghent. Eventually as you fill your gear out, level, get some OV sets, your damage will be just dandy. That said, don't expect to be the best DPS in most parties unless you out-gear them by a bit. F. Grap is balanced around the fact that is has amazing utility, so it's not always the best damage option (even if it can be pretty stronk). Proper skill rotation also effects F. Grap a bit more than other classes, you need to know when it's okay to put your nice clumping skills on CD.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Orbus

Fling is one of their most famous skills, and not for its damage.
    After all, what does its damage matter when you can just pick up something and make it completely helpless for half an eternity while three other people wail on it and can be done every six(?) second?
    Neck snap and grab cannon can interrupt virtually anything too, besides simply grabbing something of course.

They might not top the dps charts, but everything will be disabled harder than a ten legged paraplegic.

• List
  5. marlymar

great information here boys keep up the good work

6. RaWrZor

I've been playing fgrappler since the old days and the one thing that you need to know is, they're definitely very gear dependent. A lot of classes can get by with decent to good gear, but for fgrapplers you really need to invest into elemental damage for the extra % add on. Also as Misukun mentions, you need a good end gear weapon leg/epic so you can refine it for a higher base attack value. Another thing is, in Korea they had a f.fighter patch which does increase damage % for certain skills nothing major but it's all buffs

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. marlymar

wat weapon were u using in that vid bud

8. RaWrZor

Sadly it's not me playing, he is just a grappler I follow in the korean scene. I'll ask around in the korean forums and see if anyone knows what his gear is.

9. marlymar

T3T ok

10. WolfMaiden Unstoppable Glomp!

IGN:
    WolfMaiden/SunnyLane
    Server:
    Cain
    I don't know, you guys. I still have all 70 gear on, & I'm doing psychotic damage. (For a Dervish) I've capped Cyclone Attack & Twister's Take Down over 5mil. I don't like it, honestly. We're far too strong, if you ask me. (If leveled, & geared over time with the right stats, skills, MSeal options) I've even resorted to not using my weapon at all in a lot of situations...because I actually like to have fun. I know, strange concept. Seriously though - The idea that I have 15 levels of gear still potentially to get, & could at one point become nearly twice as strong as I am now, even with as powerful as I am seems a little unnecessary. I would prefer to be weaker, but with more holds/interrupt type skills. *Where's our Ronda Rousey trademark arm bar? :3

Oh, by the way - I'm still using a Red Lion Feather. It's refined & all that...but it's still a level 70. Enough said. To reiterate what I was talking about as far as raw power I haven't even mentioned Epics, Legendaries & Chronicles. My goodness! Our potential at the current moment is nearly limitless, though I wish it was easier to switch elemental builds with FF's such as with a Sword Master. Currently rolling WolfMaiden with a pure Base Damage build, no elemental, str/phys crit/independant enchants/gear only.

At this point, I'm at 1700 Str, 1800 Base, 65% Crit, 7700 Phys Attk on level 82. Wonder what that translates to as far as real damage? Best gear I have is probably...my Youthful Spirit & Red Lion Feather +10, +7 with a Gizel enchant, currently. Some retard in general chat actually said he was going to report me...because my weapon was obviously 'game breaking' & I had to have hacked. lol Remember that one, Nova? Good times. :)

I'll put it this way, AoA can be finished in under 2 minutes no problem...Despair most of the time I'm very lucky if I get it to last even 30 seconds. How boring! I don't want to have that kind of strength, as I think this game is too easy as it is. (Hence all the strange things I come up with & record to make things interesting, as well as unique to me). :3

Hope everyone is doing well, by the way~

11. The damage fall-off is pretty huge when you get to ancients and OV. It takes like 1 mech drop for my (capped) mech to kill Screaming Cavern boss on ultimate, while it takes my (lv 82) grappler like 40 seconds and a full mp bar, spamming all the skills i can on cooldown. My grappler IS pretty undergeared though; only 1684 base, 1300 str, and I'm using OP gauntlet to swap for unstoppable grab buff, but there's no reason i should have to go through an entire mp bar to kill one boss. I also do no damage to speak of in OV.

12. Ansegisel

IGN:
    Teresa, Ansegisel
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    You're using a ov gauntlet to swap for unstoppable grab, but you know it doesn't work. Unstoppable grab is a real-time buff.

• List
  13. RagingRay King of Dragons

IGN:
    Xydian, RagingRay
    Guild:
    Kawaii, Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    What exactly is a "real-time" buff?

14. Misukun ◤◡ᴥ◡◥

striker's powerfist buff is an example of a "snapshot" buff - at the time of cast it will take whatever level the skill is at and apply the effects at that level for the whole duration.
    unstoppable grab is a "real-time" buff in that it dynamically scales its effects to whatever the skill level is throughout the duration of the buff.

• List
  15. RagingRay King of Dragons

IGN:
    Xydian, RagingRay
    Guild:
    Kawaii, Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Oh? Never knew that. Is there a way to tell in the skill description that the skill is real-time or snapshot?

16. Misukun ◤◡ᴥ◡◥

not that i'm aware of
    more often than not buffs will snapshot skill levels, there are only a few exceptions (unstoppable, lollipop, frenzy, kalla, etc). i'd test a buff in the practice arena before itemizing to stack it, though.

17. Saturn

There was a list of real-time buffs posted on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/DFO/comments/36dvrw/real_time_buffs_vs_nonreal_time_buffs/

might not be comprehensive. Reproducing the list here for convenience:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. RagingRay King of Dragons

IGN:
    Xydian, RagingRay
    Guild:
    Kawaii, Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
  19. I suck. =X Been swapping OP gauntlet since foever, thinking that it was +3 levels...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)