How are these endgame?

Discussion in 'Vagabond' started by Mr. Sly, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Mr. Sly Guest

Do they require heavy funding or gear to be decent? I honestly never make female classes, usually because they're uninteresting(and I like to feel immersed in my character) or they have a male equivalent that does just as well(if not better sometimes), but I made a Vagabond for a friend to help her out in dfo.. and... I'm actually adoring how it plays. It's flashy, the combo's are fluid and flow so perfectly together... I'd consider actually leveling it to level 85. Not sexist or anything, just like playing classes that fit my gender for immersion sake. Anywho, what's it like for end game? Weak without good gear? Manageable? Can be godly?

Also if possible, I've been googling guides/builds for it... but I can't find any. Any around? There's some skills that are questionable for me and I'd like to know if I could maybe skip.. like Ignite? Feels okay on it's own but it's a lil awkward to put into combos and aim...Then Flying Tips looks like it doesn't scale well at all but it's nice range... idk. Thoughts? Seems like this class can be suited for melee purpose, hybrid, or range.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
  2. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    The class can hold its own with a chron set and can easily solo true ancients with a chron set. The class is not strongest but if you flow your combos correctly you will be fine. The class becomes godly with full epics like any other class with epics.

The class requires a lot of skill rotation and placement to deal it's full potential you won't be one shooting a room like zerkers do or asura but you uave some hard hitting skills like Comet rush and explosive sword. And now you can use the offhand effects while wheelding a offhand. Ignite is good I use it for stun locks but will probably drop the skill when 2ns awakening comes around. Do not get fluttering blades unless you have really high attack speed the skill os just to slow in animation and not that high of damage not sure why you are maxing tips but anything below lvl15 skills should not be touched at least I did not.

I am at work at the moment when I get home I will post a guide of my build unless someone else does.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Mr. Sly Guest

Yeah I dropped flying tips when I subbed, I had practically nothing from below 15 after sub and that kinda spooked me a lil bit. Speaking of the offhand thing, I've read you can go lightsaber main hand and lightsaber off, or zan main and light off... Does it matter? And is there a recommended yang wep buff choice to pick?

I love everything you typed for t needing to combo, been looking for a class like this, no more of that burst nonsense. Just to clarify though, this isn't one of those "needs a +13" to be good" classes right? Do I need to worry about reinforcing my offhand btw?

4. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    I like Zan main hand personally since you already swing that bad boy around like a god when you have Yang in lightsaber mode. Lightsaber mode is best for yang buff because of the shock damage it does and the speed of swinging weapons around fast so best effect compared to the other modes and highest speed it gives which is why I like the power a zanbato but some people prefer the speed of a lightsaber and our new lightsaber mastery gives us 10% CD reduction on skills if you mainhand it. So it all comes down to preference and what you get in hells. The weapons that a Vagabond can use is yang sword ganja with another yin user and a fire build or I use Byeollungum with dark gothic or you can go balmung if you don't mind macaroing and manually inputting skills. It comes down to what you get in hells ect.

The class foes not need a +13 I personally am aiming for +13 amplification but +12 reinforcement is more than enough for anton raids. I currently only use a +10 Byeollungum and solo everything but I have full epic sets armor ect.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  5. Mr. Sly Guest

@bold kek
    Also, what about off hand? I know the off wep doesn't take on extra piercing and etc but does that still mean I should go for a high end wep in the off hand? Like an epic or something? Also, why not level qiqong yang(I've read people shouldn't level it?) if you're using lightsabers... wouldn't that give more electrocution damage/proc?

Lastly, been reading fluttering blade is only worth 1 level for utility, or some people max it... mostly I've only heard negative things. What's the overall take on the skill? Seems to get a lot of hate but looks pretty nice(not just flashy-wise but damage seems okay too).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2016
  6. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    it does take extra piercing. about 10 percent of the offhands damage is used only so an epic would give a bit more piercing and phy dmg. And I max Qiquong yang and the TP unless there is a new build I am not aware off?

And dont use fluttering unless you have insane attack speed and with 2nd awakening around the corner I believe your sp would be better spent else were specially if you have the contract to lvl it higher.

7. Mr. Sly Guest

Weird... I should look at the TP's, I always forget to. A lot of people keep arguing to max or min yang. As for the off hand wep, that means I have to reinforce that too? I kept reading about that not taking on too many extra stats either ._. Sounds like I'm gonna need to + 2 weapons...

8. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    It takes 10percent of the weapons stats if the phy Damage is 1000 you will only receive 100 of that damage and if the peircing is 300 you will receive 30 peircing. I have my offhand at +10 but would want +11 eventually. But you see that the numbers are small but you do get benefit and we don't get penalized anymore for wearing a offhand it use to be 90% main/10% offhand and after AiO it's 100/10 so we gained 10% dmg because we don't get penalized anymore. yang I max mine because it increases your shock damage I'll have to take a look at the 2nd awakening builds to see if they are dropping it.

9. Mr. Sly Guest

Ah I see, so it has changed quite a bit. I found most of the info on reddit but I guess it's outdated, I was wondering about leveling it for shock damage as well.

10. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    The shock damage is good and it gets more buffed when you get refinement 7 since it's a abnormal status

11. Mr. Sly Guest

I didn't even consider that... In fact, I thought that only affects the proc chance for it? Or would it also affect the elec damage you do as well?

12. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    Refining increases the abnormal damage and the shock is abnormal so is bleed if you go katana mode, short sword is a hold, zanbato mode is more damage but it's slow af, and bludgeon I forgot but it's bad so refining would benefit a vagabond for more abnormal damage (electrocution)

13. Mr. Sly Guest

Neat, it's Stun but yeah it doesn't proc as often as you'd think it would for how many hits you can dish out. Well.... I should refine more chars lol.

14. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    If you have anymore questions let me know

15. Mr. Sly Guest

I do have one, I notice some skills can let you speed up their speed by mashing but some skills like fluttering blade for example has an alternative attack to it by pressing the skill. However when I read the damage for fluttering blade, he seems less for the alternative finisher.... So, I guess I'm asking, why is it backward like that? You'd think if you do more then you'd do the alternative/stronger finisher, but it seems like if you don't press any buttons, it's stronger. What's the point of that?

16. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    Well if you played vagabond before the update then you would know she had 2 ways of playing her. 1 was playing her with a offhand lightsaber

And without a offhand

After AiO they removed this and combined the no offhand skills with the offhand so pressing certain skills like fluttering or sword wheel would trigger the other animation.

• List
  17. Mr. Sly Guest

I see.. well that's... odd. Also, if you do make a guide, would be great <3. I can see many people being a lil confused starting this class, especially my friend who just started dfo and picked it. So ty for being so informative :p, power to ya to making a guide if you do!

18. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    I never made a guide for anything before not really sure what to make honestly like a skill build? Or like videos on how to combo and stuff and it's not odd try using explosive sword after pressing it the 2ns time

19. Mr. Sly Guest

I just find it odd they left it in combined like that but the damage from not pressing the skill is more than if you did press it lol.

As for making a guide, I've got a dummy demon lancer-duelist guide sitting in wait until he comes to DFOG for actual testing/translations. What I personally did was used the glacial master guide here as a template to make my own. http://www.dfonexus.com/threads/glacial-masters-kings-of-the-cold.252/
    Can be somewhat like it, just include skill recommendations for builds, what the skill works like or why it's any good/worth any skill points. Maybe even pvp reasons for why you'd get skills, don't have to go all out, could even add things as you saw fit when 2nd awakenings come too. You don't have to but if you feel confident as a vagabond and your knowledge as one, can't hurt to give it a shot to help new vagabonds in dfog.

20. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    Using the 2ND skill isent about damage it's to use it faster too continue your combos

• List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)