How about we talk about some gearing after All in One patch for new and old berserkers

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by LostInHere, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Neutral Armor
    This post took me MUCH more time than I expected - I was planning to finish it before autumn, but... stuff happened. This is mostly because it's the biggest post I've had to do in a while, and DFO + real life stuff made it even harder to finish. This is why this post is only 90% done, but I'd rather post it right now than post it after many changes are done and Epic Rework happens.

Unlike Elemental Armor (Fire/Water/Shadow/Light), Neutral Armor can be used in any setting, which is why it's so good. Even without having a full set of Armor, it can be still used to fill your empty gaps of Equipment.

In this post I'm using an example of Berserker with "raw stats" of 2000 Strength (STR), 2000 Independent Attack (Ind Att) and 0 Cooldown Reduction (CDR), because most of Items here increase only your "raw stats", which are not even your Town Stats.
    What does "raw stats" mean?

"Raw" STR doesn't include:
    - Buffs (like Derange);
    - Guild stats (both permanent and time-limited);
    - Arad Explorer Club stats;
    - Title Book stats;
    - Dimensional Seal Quest stats;

"Raw" Ind Att doesn't include:
    - Refine Level (although buffs like Khai does include it in formula, unlike items)

"Raw" CDR is always 0%, but there's a specific order of how it's being affected:
    1. Flat CDR (the only one that's counted in "seconds"; works as additive)
    2. Additive CDR (counted in "%"; any amount of those are possible)
    3. Multiplicative CDR (counted in "%"; any amount of those are possible, but only one Potion CDR will count (with the highest CDR)).
    An example of how CDR works would be like this:
    A Berserker with Lv.20 Frenzy, Magical Rainstorm and active Mind Stimulant Potion uses Raging Fury:
    1. Raging Fury's cooldown (at 0% CDR) = 16 seconds
    2. Lv.20 Frenzy = -3.3 seconds (Flat CDR)
    3. Magical Rainstorm = 12% CDR (Additive CDR)
    4. Mind Stimulant Potion = 20% CDR (Multiplicative CDR)

16 - 3.3 = 12.7 seconds (after Flat CDR; overall CDR = 3.3 / 16 * 100 = 20.625%)
    12.7 - (12.7*0.12) = 11.176 seconds (after Additive CDR; overall CDR = 1.524 / 16 * 100 + 20.625 = 30.15%)
    11.176 - (11.176*0.2) = 8.9408 seconds (after Multiplicative CDR; overall CDR = 2.2352 / 16 * 100 + 30.15 = 44.12%)

Raging Fury's cooldown (at ~44% CDR) = ~8.9 seconds
    A Berserker with 6pc Dark Blood Stained, Magical Rainstorm, 9pc Brutal Madman (it's obviously impossible to have that much in this setup, but let's count that for theory), active Derange and active Mind Stimulant Potion uses Outrage Break:
    1. Outrage Break's cooldown (at 0% CDR) = 40 seconds
    2. 6pc Dark Blood Stained = -10 seconds (flat CDR)
    3. Magical Rainstorm = 12% CDR (Additive CDR)
    4. Derange = 25% CDR (Additive CDR)
    5. 9pc Brutal Madman = 50% CDR (Multiplicative CDR)
    6. Mind Stimulant Potion = 20% CDR (Multiplicative CDR)

40 - 10 = 30 seconds (after Flat CDR; overall CDR = 10 / 40 * 100 = 25%)
    30 - (30*0.12) = 26.4 seconds (after Additive CDR; overall CDR = 3.6 / 40 * 100 + 25 = 34%)
    26.4 - (30*0.25) = 18.9 seconds (after Additive CDR; overall CDR = 7.5 / 40 * 100 + 34 = 52.75%) (Please note that 30 seconds here is correct, because it's Additive CDR!)
    18.9 - (18.9*0.5) = 9.45 seconds (after Multiplicative CDR; overall CDR = 9.45 / 40 * 100 + 52.75 = 76.375%)
    9.45 - (9.45*0.2) = 7.56 seconds (after Multiplicative CDR; overall CDR = 1.89 / 40 * 100 + 76.375 = 81.1%)

Outrage Break's cooldown (at ~81% CDR) = ~7.6 seconds

Also please, be mindful that the last few parts aren't done yet! I'm also gonna rewrite some stuff (prices, some changes like early Cata rework), because I started writing this thing in June and I haven't edited old parts of the post.

With these explanations done, let's get to the Items:

Set:

[​IMG] Gigantic Presence set (Bulky Configuration set) - this set is recommended for almost every class as endgame one (so it's used even in Anton Raid), and there's a reason for it.
    Each piece doesn't look THAT great by itself - I mean, you can do the same effects with other Quest Legendaries:
    Bracelet = +10 Source of Disease Bracelet
    Necklace = Great Glory Necklace
    Ring = Great Glory Ring
    What makes this set REALLY good is the 3pc set effect: +10% Skill Damage, +10% STR and 10% CDR. It also gives +10% MP Consumption, but that's nothing to Zerk. The thing is, you might as well read that set effect as +10% Damage, +10% Damage and +10% Damage (Skill Damage is always additive, STR won't be 10% but it'd still be really close, and it's hard to calculate the exact benefit from CDR, but it's still good for Berserker, who needs CDR for his Skills with long cooldowns).
    The best thing? None of those are Smash, Elenore or Critical modifier, so you can actually use your Items with good modifiers without problems of having two Smash modifiers / two Crit modifiers / too many Elenore modifiers.
    Another cool thing is that, similar to Quest Legendaries, this set is farmable, so you just need to get some patience, find some good party for Anton Normals and do Daily Quests for 10 Antonium.
    Location: Can be bought from Woon Lyonir (Noble Sky) for 1050 Antonium (per Accessory).

[​IMG] Infinite Onslaught set: in progress (don't have the set yet)
    Comments:
    [3]: Good buff to Mountainous Wheel (higher damage, bigger area of damage), but Gore Cross buff is useless, because Gore Cross itself is useless. Meh.
    [6]: A bit better - nice CDR to Mountainous Wheel and Bloodlust, and pretty good buff to Frenzy attacks (it also gives ~10% more Damage to Raging Fury, Bloodlust and Blood Sword). Then again, Frenzy attacks aren't that strong, and Gore Cross buff is useless AGAIN.
    [9]: Finally, something really good - CDR to Raging Fury, Blood Sword and Outrage Break, as well as +15% STR from Derange and some damage buff from Thirst (~8% to Raging Fury, ~15% to Blood Sword and ~20% to Outrage Break).
    Summary: Unfortunately, this is the only good OV2 set out of four, and even then it's not as good as OV3 sets like Brutal Madman and Blood Reaper.
    This set gives CDR to all of Berserker's main Damage Skills (Bloodlust, Raging Fury, Blood Sword and Outrage Break) as well as overall damage boost (Derange boost and Thirst boost), which is the reason to use this set.
    There are three problems, though.
    First is that Infinite Onslaught becomes good only at 9pc - 3pc and 6pc are really lackluster and don't really increase your Damage that much. And even if you do get 9pc, at one point you'll start to farm or buy good Legendaries / Epics, so you'll have to drop 9pc and use 6pc. But there's no point in using 6pc Infinite Onslaught, so you might as well drop the entire set.
    Second is that OV2 pool is big (4 sets), and getting the only good set out of four might be very time-consuming. It doesn't help that OV3 pool is smaller, and 2 of 3 sets there are actually on par or even better than 9pc Infinite Onslaught.
    Third is that 9pc Infinite Onslaught works worse than 6pc Brutal Madman as a swap set - less empty slots to increase Derange Lv., less STR increase...
    That's why I actually don't recommend Berserker players to run OV2 AT ALL - it's not worth it. Grind OV3 instead - you need at least 6pc Brutal Madman from there.

[​IMG] Arterial Spray set: in progress (don't have the set yet)
    Comments:
    [3]: Bloodlust Damage increase + shorter animation is good, while Bloody Twister buff is useless - it's still long and used as a Hold Skill.
    [6]: Bloodlust and Blood Ruin get additional hits (which means more damage), but Bloody Twister buffs are still pretty useless. Expected more from 6pc.
    [9]: Another multihit buff + CDR to Blood Ruin, and... buffs to Burst Fury? Seriously? This is what 9pc gives?
    Summary: You know how to recognize a bad Berserker OV set right from the start? It doesn't have either Derange or Bloody Cross buffs in it.
    This set doesn't have any of those two, so...
    Actually, this set is kinda funny - if you're fighting against grabable enemies, it becomes really cool to to "Bloodlust -> Blood Ruin -> Bloodlust -> Blood Ruin -> * " and just kill enemies with blood explosions.
    But THE MOMENT you meet ungrabable enemy? This set becomes useless and gives zero benefits to your main Damage Skills. And no, Burst Fury is still a bad Skill, even with the buffs from this 9pc set - it's only used as a Hold Skill right now.
    This set is fun to use... in non-endgame content. I'm not sure if it's even good for Ancients or OV - a lot of enemies there are ungrabable, so the usage of this set is VERY limited. Unless Neople will change Bloodlust and Blood Ruin into something like Fighter's "Grab Cannon" Skill, I don't see any serious use for Arterial Spary set.

[​IMG] Reckless Abandon set: in progress (don't have the set yet)
    Comments:
    [3]: Oh look, good start already - Bloodlust is actually NERFED with 3pc Reckless Abandon (and +50 STR is nothing to Zerk, especially being just a buff and not a "raw stat"). At least this is explained with Raging Fury buffs - it gets a small buff from Frenzy and a "-6 seconds" Flat CDR (which is ~37.5% CDR - a huge amount for Flat CDR!)
    [6]: Cool damage buffs to Blood Sword (+ CDR) and Raging Fury, but +120 STR to Thirst is still nothing, just like +50 STR to Bloodlust from before.
    [9]: Good damage buff + CDR to Outrage Break, and FINALLY, something good - Derange gives +20% STR. Too bad it's only at 9pc again.
    Summary:
    To be honest, this set is really similar to Infinite Onslaught - it also gives a good amount of damage increase and CDR to our main Damage Skills (Raging Fury, Blood Sword, Outrage Break), it also gives overall damage increase to our Skills (+20% STR from Derange). I think it gives even more overall damage increase than 9pc Infinite Onslaught... But the thing is that it's worse than Infinite Onslaught because of Bloodlust nerf - that Skill is really good in case you're fighting against grabable enemy, and -30% Damage are bad news.
    And then there's the same three problems as with Infinite Onslaught - only good at 9pc, harder to farm in OV2 because of larger OV set pool, worse than 6pc Brutal Madman for swap.
    That's why people used only 3pc Reckless Abandon for its Flat CDR to Raging Fury - at one point 3pc Reckless Abandon + 6pc Dark Blood Stained was a pretty popular build... but that was before 6pc Gracia became a thing. No one in kDnF use that build, and neither should you.

[​IMG] Immortal Murderer set: in progress (don't have the set yet)
    Comments:
    [3]: Okay, damage boost to Raging Fury is cool, but... more HP Regen to Diehard and Frenzy?..
    [6]: Okay, damage boost to Blood Sword is cool, +200 STR to Thirst is sorta okay, but... even more HP Regen to Diehard?
    [9]: Okay, damage boost to Frenzy Skill Cancel, but... damage boost to Burst Fury and EVEN MORE HP Regen to Diehard?
    Summary: I think the best way to describe my feelings about this set is to... quote myself:
    Immortal Murderer set goes AGAINST Berserker's playstyle - he's a literal "glass cannon" class whose motto is "The less HP I have, the more Strength I get". You won't deal much damage as Berserker if your HP is too high and your Bloody Cross isn't activated.
    If you want to play a class that wants to deal damage and keep his HP high - pick any class other than Berserker.
    Using Immortal Murderer is like using Proof of Anton Subjugation or Proof of Empyrean Protection - I dunno why they exist. DFO is about "Let's deal as much damage as possible in short amount of time!", not about "Let's take it slowly and just keep ourselves alive - we'll do damage in the end anyway". The concept of this set goes against the concepts of DFO and Berserker.

[​IMG] Brutal Madman set:
    [3] Set effect:
    - Mountainous Wheel: +30% Attack Speed, 1 second CDR (flat CDR)
    - Bloody Twister: Delivers only finishing attack, +40% Damage (multiplicative), 50% CDR (multiplicative), -50% MP consumption (additive), -1 Clear Cube Fragment cost
    [6] Set Effect:
    - Derange: +30% STR, +5 seconds duration
    - Thirst: +30% Bonus Attack against Bleeding enemies (multiplicative)
    - Blood Sword: +30% Damage (multiplicative), +50% Base Explosion Range (multiplicative)
    [9] Set Effect:
    - Outrage Break: 50% CDR (multiplicative), +30% Range (additive), Shockwave's Attack +100% (multiplicative), Debris Attack +30% (multiplicative)

[3] Set Effect:
    Mountainous Wheel's cooldown: 4s -> 3s
    Bloody Twister's Physical Weapon Attack: 1600% -> 2240%
    Bloody Twister's Maximum Attack: 4707% -> 6590%
    Bloody Twister's Bleeding Damage: 812 -> 1136
    Bloody Twister's cooldown: 30s -> 15s
    Bloody Twister's MP consumption: 180MP -> 90MP
    Bloody Twister's Clear Cube Fragment cost: 1 -> 0
    [6] Set Effect:
    Derange's STR: 1998 -> 2597
    Derange's duration: 60s -> 65s
    Thirst's Raging Fury Bonus Attack against Bleeding Enemies: 16.5% -> 21.5%
    Thirst's Burst Fury Bonus Attack against Bleeding Enemies: 16.5% -> 21.5%
    Thirst's Outrage Break Bonus Attack against Bleeding Enemies: 29.5% -> 38.4%
    Thirst's Blood Sword Bonus Attack against Bleeding Enemies: 41% -> 53.3%
    Blood Sword's Stab Attack: 15055 -> 19571
    Blood Sword's Explosion Attack: 151701 -> 197212
    Blood Sword's Base Explosion range: 100% -> 150%
    [9] Set Effect:
    Outrage Break's cooldown: 40s -> 20s
    Outrage Break's Shockwave Attack: 71547 -> 143094
    Outrage Break's Debris Attack: 50063 -> 65083
    Comments:
    [3]: Mountainous Wheel's CDR is pretty much 25% CDR, which is cool, but nothing special. Bloody Twister change is what really interesting here - instead of being a hold Skill, it turns into cubeless Burst Skill. The only problem is that Twister is full Percent Damage Skill, so in most cases it won't deal that much Damage. Although I might give 3pc Brutal Madman after Twister changes to Fixed Damage in the future - getting another Burst Skill might help starter Berserker players.
    [6]: Now this is where Brutal Madman set really shines. Damage boost to Blood Sword (and small boost to Raging Fury and Outrage Break) is cool, but +30% STR from Derange is the reason EVERY Berserker should have 6pc Brutal Madman. It's the core part of Derange swap set, and it's a crime to not get it in case you're aiming for endgame content.
    [9]: A great boost to Outrage Break, mostly thanks to huge Multiplicative CDR and Shockwave Attack Damage increase. Sadly, it only buffs Outrage Break - I expected something more from 9pc Brutal Madman.
    Summary:
    Being one of two good OV3 sets, this set serves more of a Derange swap set (thanks to its 6pc effect) than being your main set. It does buff Blood Sword and Outrage Break by a good amount, but its main point allows this set to be swappable, so you can use other OV set. And, unlike Derange, Bloody Cross isn't swappable, so 9pc Blood Reaper is probably your best choice for main OV set with 6pc Brutal Madman as swap set.
    I might change my opinion about this set after Bloody Twister change, though - additional Burst Skill might help Berserker players who already got 9pc Brutal Madman but don't have Legendaries or Epics to replace it with. Bloody Twister doesn't see many usage in non-endgame content (Ancients and OV), but adding another Skill to Berserker's Damage rotation might help...
    ...of course, 9pc Blood Reaper will make 9pc Brutal Madman obsolete again in several months, because Bloody Cross rework will make Blood Reaper set the absolute best main OV set.

[​IMG] Blood Reaper set:
    [3] Set effect:
    - Bloodlust: +20% Damage (multiplicative), 20% CDR (multiplicative)
    - Blood Sword: +15% Damage (multiplicative), 10% CDR (multiplicative)
    [6] Set Effect:
    - Bloody Cross: +25% Damage (multiplicative), +25% Attack/Movement Speed (multiplicative), +10% HP Amount for Stage 1 Activation (additive)
    - Blood Sword: +20% Damage (multiplicative), 20% CDR (multiplicative)
    [9] Set Effect:
    - Bloody Cross: +35% Damage (multiplicative), +35% Attack/Movement Speed (multiplicative)
    - Blood Sword: +30% Damage (multiplicative), 30% CDR (multiplicative), +30% Base Explosion Range (multiplicative), +1 Clear Cube Fragment cost

[3] Set Effect:
    Bloodlust's cooldown: 6s -> 4.8s
    Bloodlust's Physical Attack: 20096 -> 24115
    Bloodlust's Physical Attack on Energy Surge: 28592 -> 34310
    Bloodlust's Physical Attack against Bleeding Enemies: 24196 -> 29035
    Blood Sword's cooldown: 20s -> 18s
    Blood Sword's Stab Attack: 15055 -> 17313
    Blood Sword's Explosion Attack: 151701 -> 174456
    [6] Set Effect:
    Bloody Cross' Activation HP Amount (Stage 1): 40% -> 50%
    Bloody Cross' Skill Attack for Low Damage group (Stage 1): +6.8% -> +8.5%
    Bloody Cross' Skill Attack for Low Damage group (Stage 2): +7.8% -> +9.8%
    Bloody Cross' Skill Attack for Low Damage group (Stage 3): +15.5% -> +19.4%
    Bloody Cross' Skill Attack for High Damage group (Stage 1): +15.5% -> +19.4%
    Bloody Cross' Skill Attack for High Damage group (Stage 2): +23.3% -> +29.1%
    Bloody Cross' Skill Attack for High Damage group (Stage 3): +35.7% -> +44.6%
    Bloody Cross' Stage 1 Stat Bonus Attack/Movement Speeds: +7.7% -> +9.6%
    Bloody Cross' Stage 2 Stat Bonus Attack/Movement Speeds: +13.3% -> +16.6%
    Bloody Cross' Stage 3 Stat Bonus Attack/Movement Speeds: +19% -> +23.8%
    Blood Sword's cooldown: 18s -> 14.4s
    Blood Sword's Stab Attack: 17313 -> 20775
    Blood Sword's Explosion Attack: 174456 -> 209348
    [9] Set Effect:
    Bloody Cross' Skill Attack for Low Damage group (Stage 1): +8.5% -> +11.5%
    Bloody Cross' Skill Attack for Low Damage group (Stage 2): +9.8% -> +13.2%
    Bloody Cross' Skill Attack for Low Damage group (Stage 3): +19.4% -> +26.2%
    Bloody Cross' Skill Attack for High Damage group (Stage 1): +19.4% -> +26.2%
    Bloody Cross' Skill Attack for High Damage group (Stage 2): +29.1% -> +39.3%
    Bloody Cross' Skill Attack for High Damage group (Stage 3): +44.6% -> +60.2%
    Bloody Cross' Stage 1 Stat Bonus Attack/Movement Speeds: +9.6% -> +13.0%
    Bloody Cross' Stage 2 Stat Bonus Attack/Movement Speeds: +16.6% -> +22.4%
    Bloody Cross' Stage 3 Stat Bonus Attack/Movement Speeds: +23.8% -> +32%
    Blood Sword's cooldown: 14.4s -> 10s
    Blood Sword's Stab Attack: 20775 -> 27008
    Blood Sword's Explosion Attack: 209348 -> 272153
    Blood Sword's Base Explosion range: 100% -> 130%
    Blood Sword's Clear Cube Fragment cost: 1 -> 2
    Comments:
    [3]: Cute Skill Damage and CDR buffs to Bloodlust and Blood Sword.
    [6]: This is where Blood Reaper becomes good - another Skill Damage and CDR buff to Blood Sword is good, but the Bloody Cross buff is the real meaning of this set.
    [9]: Even more Skill Damage and CDR buffs to blood Sword and even more Skill Damage buff to Bloody Cross.
    Summary:
    There's a reason for me to recommend this set for every beginner Berserker player: it's so damn good.
    First of all, even at 3pc Blood Reaper it's good - no other OV set gives as many good buffs (Bloodlust and Blood Sword) as this one at 3pc.
    Second, it starts to become even better from 6pc and becomes crazy good at 9pc. Just look at the Blood Sword - it gets about +79% Skill Damage increase and 49.6% CDR. And THAT'S without Derange - with Derange being on, it gets much more Skill Damage and its CDR becomes 62.2% - less than 8 seconds!
    But the greatest achievement of Blood Reaper is the Bloody Cross buff - at 9pc Blood Reaper and Bloody Cross Stage 3 it gives +10.7% Skill Damage to Low Damage group of Skills and +24.5% Skill Damage to High Damage group of Skills. Just so you know:
    Low Damage group includes:
    - Mountainous Wheel;
    - Raging Fury;
    - Blood Sword;
    - Bloody Twister;
    - Burst Fury;
    - Outrage Break;
    High Damage group includes:
    - Gore Cross;
    - Bloodlust;
    - Blood Ruin;
    - Extreme Overkill;
    - Bloody Rose;
    - Blood Boom;
    - Blood Riven
    That amount of Skill damage increase is great, because it actually buffs ALL of your Damage Skills, not just pre-Awakening ones! Only OV sets with Derange buff (9pc Infinite Onslaught, 9pc Reckless Abandon, 6pc Brutal Madman) increase your overall Skill Damage, but they're swappable, unlike Blood Reaper. That's why it's such a great idea to use 6pc Brutal Madman as a part of Derange swap set and 9pc Blood Reaper as a main set - you're getting the best of two OV sets from that, which are Derange and Bloody Cross buffs.
    Another cool thing is that Low Damage group is gonna be removed in several months - that means every Berserker Skill will get +24.5% Skill Damage from Bloody Cross Stage 3 instead of 10.7% and 24.5% (depending on Skill)!
    Blood Reaper set is a really good OV set. Getting 9pc Blood Reaper and 6pc Brutal Madman means that you can finally leave OV farm for good.

[​IMG] Dark Blood Stained set:
    [3] Set effect:
    - Bloodlust: +90 STR Bonus (additive), +2 Energy Absorption Count During Thirst (additive)
    [6] Set Effect:
    - Raging Fury: +25% Damage (multiplicative), 4 seconds CDR (flat CDR), -20% Monster Launching Strength
    - Outrage Break: +25% Damage (multiplicative), 10 seconds CDR (flat CDR)
    [9] Set Effect:
    - Burst Fury: 30% CDR (multiplicative), -50% Attack Frequency interval (multiplicative), +1 Clear Cube Fragment cost

[3] Set Effect:
    Bloodlust's STR Bonus: 645 -> 735
    Bloodlust's Energy Absorption Count During Thirst: 4 -> 6
    [6] Set Effect:
    Raging Fury's Physical Attack: 17870 -> 22337
    Raging Fury's Shockwave Attack: 23799 -> 29749
    Raging Fury's cooldown: 16s -> 12s
    Outrage Break's Hammering Physical Weapon Attack: 731% -> 913%
    Outrage Break's Shockwave Attack: 107064 -> 133831
    Outrage Break's Debris Attack: 74917 -> 93646
    Outrage Break's cooldown: 40s -> 30s
    [9] Set Effect:
    Burst Fury's cooldown: 50s -> 35s
    Burst Fury's Attack Frequency: 0.2s -> 0.1s
    Burst Fury's Clear Cube Fragment cost: 2 -> 3
    Comments:
    [3]: Um... This reminds me of Reckless Abandon 3pc, because +90 STR to Bloodlust is still nothing, as well as increased hitcount.
    [6]: Okay, damage boost and Flat CDR (which is pretty much 25% CDR in this case) to Raging Fury and Outarge Break is good enough.
    [9]: ...the hell is this? Only useless Burst Fury buffs for 9pc? That's all?
    Summary:
    Wow. Compared to other OV3 sets, this one does absolutely nothing. The only real good thing here is Flat CDR on Raging Fury and Outrage Break. Actually, 6pc Dark Blood Stained is the only reason this set was used - for 3pc Reckless Abandon + 6pc Dark Blood Stained combo. But that thing is outdated, so...
    I keep asking myself "Why does this set gives you nothing?", because it's completely random. Bloodlust doesn't get direct damage buff, 6pc option is the only thing that's good in this set, and 9pc is all about useless Burst Fury? What were Neople thinking when they designed this set?
    Don't even bother getting 9pc for this thing. I guess some people might want to try Reckless + Dark Blood combo, but... it's not really worth it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Top:

[​IMG] Halidom: Glorious Scale Armor of Lat / [​IMG] Halidom: Chain Mail of Kers / [​IMG] War God Upper Heavy Armor - these Top pieces serve one purpose: be a part of your Derange swap set. The first two give you +1 Derange and are pretty easy to get, while the third one gives you +2 Derange, but requires you to PvP a lot (and by "a lot" I seriously meant A LOT). In case you don't have TAO title with +2 Derange, War God Top is your only chance to get Lv.30 Derange.
    Location: Can be a random drop from monsters or bosses in Castaway Cave dungeons, be created by using Halidom Converter or be bought from Auction House / Can be a random drop from monsters or bosses in Antwer Canyon dungeons, be created by using Halidom Converter or be bought from Auction House / Can be bought from Chobung for 18600 Coliseum Stamp.

[​IMG] Dusky West Heavy Armor Top - being a Quest Legendary, this Top is really good. Not only it gives you +83 Independent Attack, but it also gives you +10% Physical Critical Chance. Even if Dusky West Ring is in first priority as Kartel HQ Quest Legendary, you might use this one in case your Ring slot is already being used (Assassin's Blade Ring, Refined Amnesia Stone Ring, Gigantic Presence Ring etc.) and you still need to fill your Top slot with something.
    Location: Can be bought from Luther for 600 Romantic Horizon or be a random drop from Past Baston (Time Gate - Requiem).

[​IMG] Bleak Aura Suede Tunic - this Top is not like the others, because the main point of it is to give +1 Skill Lv. to Lv. 48-80 Skills. Unfortunately, most of our damage and buff skills don't fit that category, so the only good things we're getting from this is +1 to Blood Memory, Blood Boom and Blood Incarnate. Even then, a +2~3% Damage from Blood Incarnate is good enough, and another level to Blood Boom (unless it's already Lv.10) buffs it enough.
    Consider this Top only if you're too lazy to farm for Dusky West Top and you can get it for a cheap price (~30-40m).
    Location: Can be dropped by Abyssal Medel (Anton - Black Volcano) or be bought from Auction House.

[​IMG] Mana Burn Robe - Pre-Epic rework: absolutely useless. But do keep it, because...
    Post-Epic rework: +15% Independent Attack? Holy sheeet, I never expected this set to be good for Zerk, but now most of its pieces are great! Using my example, it's +300 Independent Attack, and that's more than Infinite Evidence of Greed / Samm Jang's Meditation gives you! If you somehow get this Top, you may even consider changing your Setup for it.

[​IMG] Cunning Chameleon Coat - Pre-Epic Rework: Defense Shred is good, but activating it only with Back Attacks isn't as good as with Spider Queen set pieces. Use it only in case you don't have anything better, although you can wait until rework, because...
    Post-Epic Rework: +3% Physical Critical Chance and +10% Damage (Smash modifier) makes this Top much better. Use it in case you need Smash modifier and other slots with possible Smash Items (Great Glory Bracelet, Byeollungum, NINJA title, etc.) are already filled.
    Location: Hell Mode (Time Gate / Power Station / Castle of the Dead).

[​IMG] Night Shadow Top - Pre-Epic Rework: +18% Damage (Smash modifier) means that it's another Top with Smash. It's better than the previous one, but it serves the same purpose.
    Post-Epic Rework: No changes.

[​IMG] Tactical Commander Coat - Pre-Epic Rework: This Top only serves as support item for your non-Fixed Damage party member. +80 Physical / Magical Attack is good, but not for Zerk. Unless you have the entire set, you don't benefit from this Top, although...
    Post-Epic Rework: ...now it also gives +80 Independent Attack to you and your party members. Now you can use this Top in party play, but in solo play Dusky West Top is still better.

[​IMG] Silent Taker Coat - Pre-Epic Rework: Not a very useful Top - you deal +20% Damage (Smash modifier) on Blinded enemies and can inflict Blind with 3% chance. It has potential to be good, but I think that ordinary Smash modifier (even with lower Damage percent) would work better. Even then, you should keep it, because...
    Post-Epic Rework: Now it's pretty much a clone of Night Shadow Top. Yes, it gives 2% Damage less, but it's easier to use after Rework, so it has the same purpose as Night Shadow Top.

[​IMG] Lightness Auto Top - Pre-Epic Rework: unlike Elemental Dropper pieces (each of which (except Shoes) works only in specific Elemental build), Natural Guardian pieces work in any Elemental build, because the procs are so good. This Top would do great in Light setting with Gracia 6pc, but it's still usable in any setting (and Items with "+X All Elemental Damage" help a lot in that regard), especially...
    Post-Epic Rework: ...When it gets +3% Physical Critical Chance and + 74 Independent Attack. Actually, now this Top is one of the best single piece Neutral Tops for Zerk in the game (along with Mana Burn Robe and Magical Rainstorm), so consider yourself lucky if you got it.

[​IMG] Blood Pact Top - Pre-Epic Rework: this Top pretty much exist for Zerk - when you reach its full potential (which is available when you have 50% HP or less, an easy task for Zerk), you get +646 STR (and some more from Heavy Armor Master), +14% Attack Speed and +21% Movement Speed. You can use this Top in any setting (because it doesn't conflict with Smash or Critical modifiers), so it's very easy to use on Zerk. Unfortunately, good things end at some point...
    Post-Epic Rework: ...because it actually got nerfed. Now it gives only +466 STR (which is 180 STR less than before, but hey, it got +1% Movement Speed!.. eeehhh...), and after Berserker rework we could benefit from that 180 STR, but nope. This Top became usable for other classes (because you need to have 80% HP or less instead of 50% HP to reach its full potential, which is much easier than before for non-Zerk classes), but for us it's a nerf. Too bad.

[​IMG] Tarantula Top - Pre-Epic Rework: Every Spider Queen's Breath piece is pretty good, because they have a very good Defense Shred effect (-12000 Defense). They work by themselves, but having Soul Bender / Brawler / other Abnormal Status inflicting classes help a lot with activating Defense Shred effect.
    This Top works even in Anton Raid, so you may consider using it in case you don't have anything better for Top slot and you're playing in specific party.
    Post-Epic Rework: Now it gives 200 STR (instead of 77 STR), which is a nice buff.

[​IMG] Magical Rainstorm - Pre-Epic Rework: this Top is good, because it gives +10% Damage (Smash modifier) and gives 12% CDR (which is always good for Burst Damage classes like Zerk). Even if you already have an item with Smash modifier, CDR is still worth using this Top. This is the Top that I'm using at the moment.

Bottom:

[​IMG] Sea God's Cursed Chain Leggings / [​IMG] Captain Trooper's Iron Armor Gaiters - another crucial part of Derange swap set. The first one gives you +1 Skill Lv. to Lv. 1-45 Skills (so you can actually wear it until you find something better, because it buffs almost every of our core Damage Skills and buffs, like Derange, Bloody Cross and Thirst), which is really cool and doesn't take much time to get (well, you only need to farm EX:Ghost Train for 20 days at most). But even though I've listed only Heavy Armor one, you might get this Bottom of a different Armor type from Past Baston, and it's still usable (for both wearing and swapping).
    The second one doesn't give +1 Lv. to your Derange, but it increases its effect by 7%, which is better for high leveled Derange (going from Lv. 29 Derange to Lv. 30 Derange gives you +174 STR, while wearing this Bottom with Lv. 29 Derange gives you +235 STR). And in perfect Derange swap set you reach Lv. 30 Derange without Sea God Pants, so you might consider getting Gaiters from the go (especially when the price of it has dropped a lot - it's ~35-50m now).
    Location: Can be bought from Luther for 600 Counter Spell: Cure of the Deep Sea or be a random drop from Past Baston (Time Gate - Requiem) / Can be dropped by Captain Rangelus (Time Gate - Requiem - Kartel Headquarters), be obtained from Compounding or be bought from Auction House.

[​IMG] Dusky West Heavy Armor Pants - similar to its Top counterpart, but not quite. It also gives you +83 Independent Attack, but +10% Magical Critical Hit is completely useless to you. Consider this Bottom only if all of your other slots are already filled and you don't have anything better for this slot.
    Location: Can be bought from Luther for 600 Romantic Horizon or be a random drop from Past Baston (Time Gate - Requiem).

[​IMG] Gunslinger's Fashionable Jeans - I recommend this Bottom piece only because of +18 All Elemental Damage (although +5% Evasion Rate is also good, I guess). You may think that it's nothing, but... there's not much good Bottom pieces that's not Epics. In most cases it's either a choice between Elemental Damage (in case you've got stuff like Caravella and Flare Devil, so you benefit more from +X% Fire Damage or other Elemental Damage) and Independent Attack (so Dusky West Pants will work well with Dusky West Ring). In case you want some more Elemental Damage for your build - consider picking this item (and I don't think it's that expensive on Auction House).
    Location: Can be dropped by Rifle Max (Time Gate - Requiem - Kartel Headquarters), be obtained from Compounding or be bought from Auction House.

[​IMG] Power Arm Chain Leggings - an interesting Bottom that's pretty popular for many classes. If you have 2000 STR (using my example, it's just like that), you get +20% Physical Critical Chance, which is pretty huge. Unfortunately, there's one good thing and two bad things about this item.
    First bad thing is that DFOG's description of this item is not clear - you can get only up to +60 Independent Attack from this Bottom piece, so no, maxing both Physical and Magical Critical Chance (by using Hardened Tongue, Hardened Heart or Masamune, for example) up to 100% is a waste of time.
    The good thing is that because you still get Independent Attack from both Physical and Magical Critical Chance, it's not that hard to get +60 Independent Attack from this item. That's why items that I mentioned above still help you a lot (by giving you Magical Critical Chance).
    The second bad thing is that this item cost a lot (~140-200m) because of its popularity (and low supply), and, to be honest, Zerk doesn't have that much trouble with maxing Physical Critical Chance. I really recommend using this Bottom only in case your other slots are filled with good items that, unfortunately, don't give you Physical Critical Rate, and you still can't reach the 100% Crit Rate. Otherwise you'd better sell this thing while it's expensive and just use Dusky West Pants or Gunslinger's Jeans.
    Location: Can be dropped by Power Arm Kuro (Anton - Cutting Off the Energy) or be bought from Auction House.

[​IMG] Red Fang Bottom - Pre-Epic Rework: While Night Shadow Top serves as a Smash modifier item, this Bottom gives you +15% Critical Damage (so it serves as a Critical modifier). It'll serve you really well until you get an item with higher Critical modifier (like Assassin's Blade Ring and Masamune / Dainsleif / Brilliant Flame Saber).

[​IMG] Tactical Leader Pants - Pre-Epic Rework: If you got this Bottom piece and still have problems with Physical Critical Chance (so you're thinking about buying Power Arm Chain Leggings), you don't have to worry anymore. +10% Physical / Magical Critical Chance to you and your party members is still good for solo play and even better in party play. If you don't have problems with Critical Rate, then look for something better.
    Post-Epic Rework: Now it gives +12% Physical / Magical Critical Chance, which isn't much but still cool, I guess.

[​IMG] Newtype Attacker Pants - Pre-Epic Rework: This Bottom piece looks pretty good on paper: +20% Damage during Backattacks (Smash modifier) and +10% Critical Damage during Backattacks (Critical modifier)... but on practice it's not that great and not easy to use. This thing is really good for someone like Shadow Dancer, but for Zerk it might require a party with good holder (like Dark Templar) in order to effective use its Smash and Critical modifiers. Although you should still keep it, because...
    Post-Epic Rework: ...it lost its Smash modifier, but its Critical modifier got buffed (now it gives +15% Critical Damage) and it's a standard one. So just like with Night Shadow Top and Silent Taker Coat, this is pretty much a copy of Red Fang Bottom now (which is great). Yeah, it no longer has Smash modifier, but there's so many things that give it (compared to Critical modifier) that you shouldn't feel bad about it.

[​IMG] Pioneer Auto Bottom - Pre-Epic Rework: Just like Lightness Auto Top and other Natural Guardian pieces, this Bottom works in any setting, not just Fire one - the proc is really good (but having more "+X All Elemental Damage" will benefit both your Elemental setup and this item's proc).
    Post-Epic Rework: After getting +3% Physical Critical Chance and +74 Independent Attack, this Bottom became even better. If you don't care much about Crit Rate (so you already have it close to 90-100%) and you already have Smash and Critical modifiers, this is one of the best Neutral Bottoms for you (along with Swirling Spiritual Power).

[​IMG] Mana Oath Bottom - Pre-Epic Rework: If you really need a lot of Crit Rate, this Bottom piece is for you. If you meet all the conditions, this thing will give you +35% Physical Critical Chance. Yes, that's a lot. Unfortunately, Zerk doesn't waste his MP that much, so it'll take some time until your MP bar will drop below 50%. A little bonus is a +10% Damage proc, but it actually doesn't do much (its chance is too low, and the buff isn't that strong - Trinity Eternia does that better). Also, unlike Blood Pact Top, this Bottom...
    Post-Epic Rework: ...becomes better after rework. Yeah, it lost its Damage proc, but now you only need to have 80% MP or less to get your +35% Physical Critical Chance. So the item became much easier to use for everyone, which is good.

[​IMG] King Baboon Pants - Pre-Epic Rework: Same as Tarantula Top and other Spider Queen's Breath pieces, this Bottom is good by itself, but having SB / Brawler / other Abnormal Status inflicting classes in your party helps a lot.
    This Bottom also works in Anton Raid, so consider using it there in case your party will benefit from it much more than from any Bottom pieces of yours.
    Post-Epic Rework: Same as Tarantula Top, this Item gives you +200 STR (instead of +77 STR), which is always good.

[​IMG] Swirling Spiritual Power - Pre-Epic Rework: This Bottom gives you 10% CDR, and that's pretty much it. Is it worth it? As a Neutral Armor piece, surely - CDR is always important.
    Post-Epic Rework: Now it also gives +1 Skill Lv. to Blood Riven. Not sure if this Item really required buff, but hey, getting a good extra is always nice!

• List
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  3. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Shoulder:

[​IMG] Buried Scream Heavy Armor Shoulders - this is probably the best Shoulder you can find without going into Hell Mode. Easy to activate (5% chance on attack), -3% HP from effect is nothing to Zerk, and in the end you get +10 All Elemental Damage and +3% Physical Critical Chance. All in all, a good "free" Shoulder.
    Location: Can be bought from Luther for 600 Vengeful Residual Reflection and 225 Nugol Eye or be a random drop from Past Baston (Time Gate - Requiem).

[​IMG] Time King Shoulder - Pre-Epic Rework: The only thing this Shoulder gives you is 8% CDR, which is pretty much the same as Swirling Spiritual Power. Although it does have one difference: you can only buy it, but that requires farming a huge amount of Demon Eyes. If you can afford running Hell Mode without converting Demon Eyes to Demon Challenges, you might try to farm them and hold them for this Shoulder.
    Post-Epic Rework: No changes to the Shoulder itself, but now it cost 50 Epic Souls (and 1 Epic Soul is 5 Demon Eyes, so pretty much nothing has changed). Although you now have a choice to spend you Epic Souls either on this Shoulder or on Dainsleif, so think twice before you use your Epic Souls...
    Location: Can be bought from Gracia for 250 Demon Eyes (50 Epic Souls after Epic Rework).

[​IMG] Spell Burn Shoulder Pads - Pre-Epic Rework: just like Mana Burn Robe, absolutely useless. But again, keep it, because...
    Post-Epic Rework: ...+12% Independent Attack (using my example, it's +240 Independent Attack) is insane, just like with Mana Burn Robe. Consider using this Shoulder even if it breaks some Chronicle setup.

[​IMG] Swift Chameleon Leather Shoulder - Pre-Epic Rework: At first this Shoulder looks good - I mean, +50% Physical Critical Chance? But then you read the "When Stunned" part, and this thing becomes very mediocre. It's pretty hard to find enemies or bosses who can inflict Stun on you (Dark Elf Mutant Zombie and Doom Taioric are the only ones who come to mind), so most of the time this Shoulder won't do a thing to you (+50% Evasion Rate for 3 seconds is also not much). Of course, I wouldn't mention this thing...
    Post-Epic Rework: ...If it wasn't better after rework - now it has a 3% proc on attack to give you +10% Physical Critical Rate, so you might as well call it permanent. Yes, it doesn't give as much Crit Rate as before, but at least it's possible to get that Crit Rate buff (unlike before), and 10% is a huge amount. Use it in case you need to increase your Crit Rate and you don't have anything better.

[​IMG] Nether Blade Shoulder - Pre-Epic Rework: +15% Attack Speed and +15% Physical Critical Chance (most of it comes from a proc on attack, but it's a 100% one). This is another good Shoulder in case you need to increase you Crit Rate (and extra Attack Speed is always nice to have).

[​IMG] Submarine Volcano Shoulder - Pre-Epic Rework: This Shoulder is clearly not a Neutral Armor piece, because even though it gives you +20% Physical Critical Chance, it requires 240 Fire Damage to get that effect. Because of that, the only way to get that effect is to go full Fire Elemental setting, and that's not always possible (at least you still get +1 Lv. to Lv. 45-50 Skills). Although you can keep it, because...
    Post-Epic Rework: ...Now it just gives you +15% Physical Critical Chance. Yeah, it lost 5% Physical Critical Chance, but now it's pretty much a clone of Neither Blade Shoulder, which is good for a Neutral Armor piece.

[​IMG] Defense Receiver Guard - Pre-Epic Rework: Just... No. But do keep it...
    Post-Epic Rework: ... because +371 STR is A LOT. And after Derange rework Zerk benefit much more from Town STR Status (mostly in party with Crusader).

[​IMG] Blackness Auto Shoulder - Pre-Epic Rework: Just like Lightness Auto Top and other Natural Guardian pieces, this Shoulder works in any setting, not just Shadow one - the proc is really good (but having more "+X All Elemental Damage" will benefit both your Elemental setup and this item's proc).
    This is also one of two Natural Guardian pieces that I REALLY recommend - the proc of this Shoulder really helps with keeping bosses knockdowned (well, only those bosses who CAN be knockdowned) and allowing you to keep them helpless (so using Burst Fury, Extreme Overkill and Raging Fury after knockdowning boss with Bloodlust will be improved by proc of this Item).
    Post-Epic Rework: After getting +3% Physical Critical Chance and +74 Independent Attack, this Shoulder became even better. If you don't care much about Crit Rate (so you already have it close to 90-100%) and you already have Smash and Critical modifiers, this is one of the best Neutral Shoulders for you (along with Time King Shoulder and Spell Burn Shoulder Pads).

[​IMG] Unknown Dark Hole Shoulder - Pre-Epic Rework: +10% Hit Rate helps Byeollungum users, but +12% Damage on Blind enemies (Smash modifier) is the same problem Silent Taker Coat had - it doesn't work all the time. It require other Epics that inflict Blind, and all for 12% Damage Smash modifier? Not worth it, but after rework...
    Post-Epic Rework: ...you don't have to think about it anymore - now it's just ordinary +12% Damage (Smash modifier). This Shoulder also gives only 5% Hit Rate now, but Byeollungum's Hit Rate decrease has also been lowered, so all in all it's a great buff.

[​IMG] Magical Contract Shoulder - Pre-Epic Rework: This Shoulder gives you +15% Damage (Smash modifier), so it serves as another potential Smash item. Unfortunately, it has a penalty, which is +15% MP Consumption. At least Zerk doesn't use MP as much as other classes, so you won't have that much problem with it (as a Magical Rainstorm user, I can say that I got used to MP penalty very fast) - just use MP Pots and other stuff that restores your MP.

[​IMG] Goliath Bird Eater Shoulder - Pre-Epic Rework: Same as Tarantula Top and other Spider Queen's Breath pieces, this Shoulder is good by itself, but having SB / Brawler / other Abnormal Status inflicting classes in your party helps a lot.
    Unfortunately, this thing doesn't work in Raid (and Slow Down in general), so Anton Normals is the last place where you can benefit from this Shoulder. Well...
    Post-Epic Rework: ...not anymore, I guess - now it causes Electrocution instead of Slow Down, so it finally works in Anton Raid. Oh, and it also gives +147 STR now (instead of +55 STR). Consider it as any other Spider Queen's Breath piece now.

[​IMG] Magic Cataclysm - Pre-Epic Rework: This Shoulder is completely different from others, and some people think that it's completely useless to Zerk. Actually, that's wrong - Zerk benefit A LOT from this thing, and there's a reason it was in TOP-3 Neutral Shoulders for Zerk (the others were Time King Shoulder and Magical Contract Shoulder, but that was before Epic Rework) - it increases your Damage of XXX attacks by 300%. So if your basic Frenzy attack deals ~60k Damage, it'll deal ~230k after activating the proc. With Berserker's high Attack Speed (from Derange and other Items that give Attack Speed), good Katana (like Masamune or Dainsleif) and any Bonus to Physical Attack (mostly from Items that buff every stat, like Disease-spreading Hardened Tongue), this Shoulder will allow you to deal significant damage - when all of your main Damage skills will be on cooldown, you just XXX everything until your skills are usable again. This is the Shoulder that I'm using at the moment.
    Unfortunately, everything comes to an end...
    Post-Epic Rework: ...because now it only gives +150% Damage instead of +300%. Yeah, it gives +12% Attack Speed and +2 Lv. to Lv.30-45 Skills (the best is probably +2 Lv. to Thirst, but +2 Lv. to Raging Fury, Blood Sword and Outrage Break is also nice), but it's not that good anymore for improving your DPS during Skill cooldowns. So yeah, I don't really recommend this Shoulder anymore - use it only in case you don't have anything better.

[​IMG] Plate Range Armor Guard - Pre-Epic Rework: This Shoulder is really good, but a bit complex - not only it gives you +7% Physical Critical Chance, but it also gives you +15% Critical Damage (Critical modifier). The complex part is that you get Critical Damage increase only during Super Armor of this Item (so you can't just use Super Armor Potion and get +15% Critical Damage), and this is possible by doing either of two things: get hit by ranged attack (which cast Super Armor for 5 seconds and has 5 seconds cooldown) or deal ranged attack (which cast Super Armor for 5 seconds and has 10 seconds cooldown). Using the second proc is the easier way - Mountanious Wheel, Outrage Break and Bloody Rose are your best skills to activate Super Armor proc (although Extreme Overkill and Burst Fury also work). Unfortunately, 10 seconds cooldown is what really sucks - you can't keep Super Armor active all the time. Fortunately...
    Post-Epic Rework: ...The cooldown has been decreased from 10 to 5 seconds, so you can finally keep Super Armor active all the time. This Shoulder was pretty good before Rework, but not it's a really great thing in case you need an item with Critical modifier.

Belt:

[​IMG] Heartrending Grief Scale Belt - this Belt looks similar to Buried Scream Waist, but not quite - it gives +10 All Elemental Damage to you and your party member within 500px range. If you don't need to increase your Crit Rate, then this thing would be better (mostly because it'll help your party member). Do remember one thing - if somebody else in your party also have Vilmark Belt (no matter what kind of Armor type they have), they won't stack with each other, so one of you should wear other Belt.
    Location: Can be bought from Luther for 600 Glowing Terranite or be a random drop from Past Baston (Time Gate - Requiem).

[​IMG] Buried Scream Heavy Armor Waist - just like Buried Scream Shoulder, this Belt has a proc to give you +10 All Elemental Damage and +3% Physical Critical Chance. Again, a very good "free" Belt.
    Location: Can be bought from Luther for 600 Vengeful Residual Reflection and 225 Nugol Eye or be a random drop from Past Baston (Time Gate - Requiem).

[​IMG] Head Security's Skull Belt / [​IMG] Captain Trooper's All-purpose Belt - both of these Belts are very similar: they give you +3% Hit Rate and +9% Critical Damage (Critical modifier). The only difference is that the first one also gives you +3% Physical Critical Chance, while the second one also gives you +3% Attack Speed, +5% Casting Speed and +3% Evasion Rate. Honestly, it doesn't matter much (except for +3% Physical Critical Chance in case you need to increase your Crit Rate), because the main point of these Belts is to give you Critical modifier, even if it's a minimal one. Just find whatever is cheaper on Auction House and use that (last time I checked it, there was 1 Head Security Belt and 5 Captain Trooper's Belt).
    Location: Can be dropped by Head Security Kurgiv (Time Gate - Requiem - Kartel Headquarters), be obtained from Compounding or be bought from Auction House / Can be dropped by Captain Rangelus (Time Gate - Requiem - Kartel Headquarters), be obtained from Compounding or be bought from Auction House.

[​IMG] Curtain of Death Belt - Pre-Epic Rework: An unusual Belt - it gives +20% Critical Damage on knockdowned enemies (Critical modifier). It's a good Critical modifier, but most of the time it'll work during Extreme Overkill, Raging Fury and Burst Fury (of course, you can insert other skills during that - airborne enemies also count as knockdowned). The major problem of this Belt is that not every enemy (mostly some bosses) can be knockdowned, so it'll be useless against bosses like Kratek and Magtonium Five in Anton, Duke Agonis and Covetous Dumpherion in EX:Reshpon and so on. In the end, this thing got changed.
    Post-Epic Rework: It lost its Critical modifier, but now it gives +100 Independent Damage. On one hand, losing an Item with Critical modifier is bad, but on the other hand this Belt was conflicting with Red Fang Bottom, and a bonus to Independent Damage to those who already have Critical modifier is much better (even if it's not much). In short, the aim of this Belt got changed, and some people gain/lost something from it.

[​IMG] Tactical Lord Belt - Pre-Epic Rework: Imagine a Heartrending Belt with better effect (+20 All Elemental Damage) and shorter range (300px). That's pretty much it... except one important thing: unlike Heartrending Belt, this one stacks with itself (so you can actually have up to 4 of these Belts in your party and benefit from each of them).

[​IMG] Tight End Blocker Belt - Pre-Epic Rework: This Belt is... strange. It has two options, both of which are very situational (and that's not good). The first one gives you +10% Hit Rate (up to +20% Hit Rate with two stacks) during missed attack, and it's not an easy thing to do... unless you're a Byeollungum user, which also have an effect during missed attack and which gives you -15% Hit Rate. So the first effect of this Belt is to balance your Hit Rate (even if it's not the best way) with Byeollungum.
    The second one is a 3% counterattack proc that gives you +15% Physical Critical Chance. The only annoying part here is that it activate only from counterattacks, not just attacks, but this Belt still works in case you lack Crit Rate.
    Of course, this Item also got reworked in a better way...
    Post-Epic Rework: The first effect got reworked into permanent +5% Hit Rate (which still works for Byeollungum, because now it just gives you -5% Hit Rate, and both effects even each other), and the second effect got reworked into permanent +15% Physical Critical Rate. This Belt serves the same purpose after rework, but now it's much easier to use.

[​IMG] Inis Auto Belt - Pre-Epic Rework: Just like Lightness Auto Top and other Natural Guardian pieces, this Belt works in any setting, not just Water one - the proc is really good (but having more "+X All Elemental Damage" will benefit both your Elemental setup and this item's proc).
    This is also one of two Natural Guardian pieces that I REALLY recommend - the proc of this Belt really helps with keeping bosses knockdowned (well, only those bosses who CAN be knockdowned) and allowing you to keep them helpless (so using Burst Fury, Extreme Overkill and Raging Fury after knockdowning boss with Bloodlust will be improved by proc of this Item). I can't thank this Belt enough - even if I have Fire setting, it saved me in Anton dungeons many times. This is the Belt that I'm using at the moment.
    Post-Epic Rework: After getting +3% Physical Critical Chance and +74 Independent Attack, this Belt became even better. If you don't care much about Crit Rate (so you already have it close to 90-100%) and you already have Smash and Critical modifiers, this is one of the best Neutral Belts for you (along with Mana Swirl and Tactical Lord Belt).

[​IMG] Vitality Compact Belt - Pre-Epic Rework: This Belt gives you +50 Independent Attack in case you have 50k HP or more, and that's not really hard to get on Zerk (especially when the Belt itself gives you +1100 base HP, which is ~8-9k HP on practice). Of course, 50 Ind Att isn't much - using my example, it's +2.5% Damage, which is less than +10 All Elemental Damage from Heartrending Belt / Buried Scream Waist (in most cases), so using this Belt depends on your amount of Independent Damage and Elemental Damage. At least things become a bit better after rework...
    Post-Epic Rework: Now this Belt gives +100 Independent Attack with 40k HP or higher, which, using my example, turns into +5% Damage. Unfortunately, this is only a bit better than Heartrending Belt / Buried Scream Waist and much worse than Tactical Lord Belt. The only way it might be better is when you use it with +X% Independent Attack items. Other than that case, I don't really recommend using this Belt (or Curtain of Death Belt).

[​IMG] Rose Hair Belt - Pre-Epic Rework: Same as Tarantula Top and other Spider Queen's Breath pieces, this Belt is good by itself, but having SB / Brawler / other Abnormal Status inflicting classes in your party helps a lot.
    Unfortunately, this thing doesn't work in Raid (and Stone Curse in general), so Anton Normals is the last place where you can benefit from this Belt. Well...
    Post-Epic Rework: ...not anymore, I guess - now it causes Burn instead of Stone Curse, so it finally works in Anton Raid. Oh, and it also gives +138 STR now (instead of +55 STR). Consider it as any other Spider Queen's Breath piece now.

[​IMG] Mana Swirl - Pre-Epic Rework: This Belt is another piece with CDR, but it doesn't work as easily as the other CDR - you get 10% CDR when you have 70% MP or more. Because of that condition, you need to maintain your MP with MP Potions. Still, CDR is always great, so do use this thing in case you've got it.
    Post-Epic Rework: Now it gives +1 Lv. to Bloody Rose (too bad it doesn't give +1 Lv. to Lv.75 Skills). A little extra, nothing much, but hey, this Belt was already good.

[​IMG] Plate Absolute Armor Belt - Pre-Epic Rework: This Belt is not really great - yes, -30% Damage from enemies is good for Zerk, but its Super Armor lasts only 3 seconds (and there's only 20% chance to get it by getting hit by enemy attack), while the cooldown of Super Armor effect is 10 seconds. So in reality you won't be able to use its effect that much (and yeah, Super Armor Potion won't count - this Belt has its own Super Armor) and the Belt itself... until rework.
    Post-Epic Rework: Now Super Armor lasts 5 seconds, has 5 seconds cooldown and the chance to activate Super Armor by getting hit is 100%. Oh, and it also gives +190 STR (instead of +53 STR pre-rework), so it also buffs your damage. Although now Berserker has much more HP and Defense, so the main effect of this Belt isn't that important for us now...

Shoes:

[​IMG] Great Glory Heavy Armor Shoes - These and Buried Scream Shoes are really similar - they both give +10 All Elemental Damage (although Great Glory ones got much easier effect to activate). The difference is that Great Glory give you +105 STR, while Buried Scream give you +28 STR and +3% Physical Critical Chance.
    In most cases you'd actually prefer Crit Rate over STR buff (at least before Derange rework), but maybe you've already got more than enough Crit Rate, so you'd prefer to get more STR instead. So use these only if you got them as a drop from Baston or your Crit Rate is already very high.
    Location: Can be bought from Luther for 600 Ancient Kingdom Gold Coin and 70 Borodin Seal or be a random drop from Past Baston (Time Gate - Requiem).

[​IMG] Buried Scream Heavy Armor Shoes - just like Buried Scream Shoulder and Waist, these Shoes have a proc to give you +10 All Elemental Damage and +3% Physical Critical Chance. Again, a very good "free" pair of Shoes.

[​IMG] Absolute Field - if Giant Nugol Form is the only Weapon that you should reinforce as a Berserker, then this is the only Armor piece that you should reinforce.
    At +0 reinforcement / amplification it gives -2 Elemental Resistance to enemies with 50px range. With each additional reinforcement / amplification it gives additional -2 Elemental Resistance to enemies. The limit of this effect is at +10 reinforcement / amplification, and so it can give you up to -22 Elemental Resistance to enemies.
    Actually, these Shoes are one of the best Neutral Armor Shoes in the game - it's pretty much +22 All Elemental Damage to you and your party members. So even if stuff like Face Down Shoes gives you more All Elemental Damage post-rework, these Shoes are probably still better for party play.
    The only downside is that, just like with Heartrending Grief Scale Belt (and any other Legendary Aura item), only one pair of these Shoes work in party. So if two people in your party use these Shoes, then one of them should equip something else.
    In case you want an upgrade to your Great Glory / Buried Scream Shoes and Hell Mode isn't nice to you - consider getting these Shoes. Thankfully, the price has been pretty low lately (~80m), so it's a good investement for your money.
    Location: Can be dropped by Grinder Ator (Anton - Cutting Off the Energy) or be bought from Auction House.

[​IMG] Soul Burn Shoes - Pre-Epic Rework: Useless. Of course, you should still keep it, because...
    Post-Epic Rework: ...Now it has a dashing proc that gives you +20 All Elemental Damage. A pretty good upgrade from Great Glory Shoes / Buried Scream Shoes.

[​IMG] Face Down Shoes - Pre-Epic Rework: Another pair of Shoes that gives +10 All Elemental Damage, but it also create a 300px Aura that gives -15% Movement Speed and -15% Attack Speed to enemies. Consider it as an upgrade to Great Glory Shoes / Buried Scream Shoes, because it does the same thing, just with an extra Aura. Although things get better in the future...
    Post-Epic Rework: ...because now it gives +30 All Elemental Damage and -25% Movement Speed / Attack Speed. Before rework every other Elemental Dropped piece was considered as extra Magic Stone of specific Element... except these Shoes. But now this thing is pretty much an extra All Elemental Magic Stone, just in "Shoes" slot. A very solid item that will do well in any equipment build.

[​IMG] Windness Auto Shoes - Pre-Epic Rework: Just like Lightness Auto Top and other Natural Guardian pieces, these Shoes work in any setting, and by that I really mean it - they deal Neutral Damage, which depends on the type of Element you use, be it from Cube Contract, Weapon or other means (Submarine Volcano Belt, Apathetic Princess Bracelet, etc.). Although the proc is the only good thing these Shoes have - unlike other Natural Guardian pieces, they don't buff any of Elemental Damage, but instead buff your Movement Speed and Attack Speed. Thankfully, things get better after rework.
    Post-Epic Rework: Just like other Natural Guardian pieces, these Shoes got +3% Physical Critical Chance and +74 Independent Attack... but also they got +14 All Elemental Damage! This makes these Shoes equal to other pieces, and so they're really good now.
    If you don't care much about Crit Rate (so you already have it close to 90-100%) and you already have Smash and Critical modifiers, these are one of the best Neutral Shoes for you (along with Absolute Field and Native Ornamental Shoes).

[​IMG] Blood Treaty Boots - Pre-Epic Rework: Another item that gives you +100 Independent Attack (again, using my example it's +5% Damage). +5% Attack Speed is cool, and the HP drawback isn't too much for Zerk.
    Post-Epic Rework: Now it also gives +14 All Elemental Damage. Unfortunately, that makes it really similar to Windness Auto Shoes, and even then it's still worse than Windness. Of course, you can't chooes what you get from Hell Mode, so I guess you can use these Shoes in case you don't have anything better.

[​IMG] Native Ornamental Shoes - Pre-Epic Rework: Unlike other Spider Queen's Breath pieces, these Shoes don't require Abnormal Status inflicting party members like Brawler or Soul Bender. The reason is that they shred defense of Bleeding enemies, and Zerk is one of the best classes to do that. Because of that, these Shoes are usable even in solo play, and overall they're one of the best Neutral Shoes to get.
    These Shoes also works in Anton Raid, so consider using them there in case your party will benefit from it much more than from any Shoes of yours (you probably will use them, though).
    Post-Epic Rework: Now you get +138 STR (instead of +83 STR), which isn't much compared to other Spider Queen pieces, but these Shoes were always great, so a little bonus is still good.

[​IMG] Stormy Essence - Pre-Epic Rework: Completely useless (Great Glory Shoes are plain better than these ones). But do keep them, because...
    Post-Epic Rework: They got reworked pretty well - now they just give +113 STR (instead of +25 STR and +120 STR from Combo proc, so it's not a big nerf), +5% Physical Critical Chance and the Combo proc itself got better. Now It requires only 20 Combo (instead of 50 Combo), lasts 30 seconds (instead of 10 seconds) and gives you +4% Independent Attack (which, using my example, is +80 Independent Attack).
    Of course, they're still not as great as Native Ornamental Shoes or Windness Auto Shoes, but they're clearly usable now, unlike before.

[​IMG] Plate Wing Armor Boots - Pre-Epic Rework: Another useless pair of Shoes (+35% Attack and Movement Speed sounds fun, but it's not worth an Armor slot). Things do get better after rework...
    Post-Epic Rework: Now it also gives +10% Physical Critical Chance. This actually make these Shoes worth using in case you need to increase your Crit Rate. If not - use any of Legendary Shoes instead.

• List
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  4. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Bracelet:

[​IMG] Yellow Dragon Motif Bracelet - at first this Bracelet doesn't looks really good - I mean, +7% Damage (Elenore modifier) against Human enemies? So what? Well, actually, it's pretty good in Anton dungeons - 12 out of 18 bosses there are Human-type monsters (the non-Human bosses are Krave, Kratek, Ator, Lava Worm, Spiritual Residue and Magtonium Five). That's why, in case you don't have anything better for your Bracelet slot (already have Smash modifier, Crit modifier, enough Crit Rate and you still don't have anything good for Bracelet slot, which is actually a very rare case), you can use this Bracelet for Anton dungeons.
    Location: Can be bought from Shonan Aska for 50 Purple Magatama.

[​IMG] Source of Disease Bracelet - just like Giant Nugol Form and Absolute Field, this Bracelet is the only Accessory that you should ever reinforce.
    At +0 reinforcement / amplification this thing gives you +3% Physical Critical Chance, and for each additional reinforcement / amplification it gives additional +1% Physical Critical Chance. The limit of this effect is at +10 reinforcement / amplification, and so it can give you up to +13% Physical Critical Chance.
    This Bracelet is a good source of Crit Rate, so you may use it in case you don't have anything better and you need to improve your Crit Rate.
    You may also use this as a replacement for Bulky Configuration / Gigantic Presence Bracelet in case you're planning to use Bulky / Gigantic set.
    Location: Can be bought from Luther for 600 Black Gem or be a random drop from Past Baston (Time Gate - Requiem).

[​IMG] Great Glory Bracelet - this Bracelet is really good in case you're looking for Smash AND Critical modifiers, because it gives you BOTH. +10% Damage (Smash modifier) and +5% Critical Damage (Critical modifier) is really good for a "free" Bracelet, even if both of those modifiers are really minimal here - the main point is that it's pretty much 2 items in 1 (I don't think there's any other "Smash + Crit" item in the game), so you get a free equipment space for your setup.
    Location: Can be bought from Luther for 600 Ancient Kingdom Gold Coin and 70 Borodin Seal or be a random drop from Past Baston (Time Gate - Requiem).

[​IMG] Pyromancer's Torture Bracelet - Pre-Epic Rework: This Bracelet is mostly used in Fire Elemental setting (Tarbaza + Sacred Fire + Pyromancer is widely used), but it still could be used as a Neutral Armor piece for its Smash modifier. You get +20% Damage (Smash modifier) against Burned / Immobilized enemies, which is pretty good - the problem is that, even with its Burning / Immobilization procs, it's not always possible to keep enemies in any of those Abnormal Stats. That's why you should use this Bracelet in party with Abnormal Status inflicting classes that can inflict either Burn or Immobilize stats with easier / better way.
    Post-Epic Rework: Now it also gives you +10% Physical Critical Chance, so it's clearly better than other Crit Rate Bracelets now (Source of Disease or Bulky Configuration / Gigantic Presence Bracelet).

[​IMG] Bloodstained Cuffs - Pre-Epic Rework: At first this Bracelet sounds good, but in reality it's probably even worse than any other Crit Rate Bracelet.
    This thing gives you +10% Physical Critical Chance for every Immobilized enemy on the screen, and it caps at 5 enemies, so... it can give you up to +50% Physical Critical Chance, which sounds CRAZY. But here's a sad truth: most of the time you'll be killing normal enemies anyway, so the main problem is Boss monsters, which mostly appear in quantity of 1 per room. That means you'll get only +10% Physical Critical Chance, and even then you still need to make those Boss monsters Immobilized (which is harder against high leveled Bosses, like Anton ones). Even if you do have Abnormal Status inflicting classes in your party, this Bracelet is still not really worth it, because other Crit Rate Bracelets give you more Crit Rate with easier conditions.
    Thankfully, it does get MUCH better after rework...
    Post-Epic Rework: Now its main effect works a bit different - when an enemy gets Immobilized from the Bracelet's effect (so yeah, you can't abuse other Immobilize inflicting items), you get +30% Physical Critical Chance for 30 seconds. The Crit Rate isn't as high as before, but 30% is actually MUCH better now, because the buff lasts 30 seconds (instead of depending on Immobilized enemies on the screen) AND you actually get much more Crit Rate against Boss enemies (+20% more Physical Critical rate compared to pre-rework version).
    Not only that, but this Bracelet also gives you +283 STR (compared to +41 STR pre-rework), which is also a good Damage boost (especially after Derange rework). All in all, this thing is actually one of the best Neutral Bracelets now (along with Great Glory Bracelet and Refined Destructive Magic Stone Bracelet).

[​IMG] Refined Destructive Magic Stone Bracelet - Pre-Epic Rework: Ugh, what a piece of crap this Bracelet is. And there's even TWO reasons for that.
    The first reason is that it gives you +15% Damage (Smash modifier) only against monsters with 30% HP or less. That means it's completely useless until that point (unlike Executioner's Butchery Necklace and Assassin's Blade Ring, which are also build around current HP of monsters, but with MUCH better conditions). I guess you can swap it with stuff like Great Glory Bracelet, but then you'll have to rememeber the 30% HP mark of every boss, which adds even more annoyance...
    The second reason is that this Bracelet conflicts with Refined Chaos Stone Necklace of the same set. And Smash modifier of Necklace is easier to use and better (+20% against +15%), so I wonder why does this Bracelet was designed this way...
    Anyway, you'd better use Great Glory Bracelet instead of this one (unless you're willing to bother with swapping it OR you've finished Refined Otherverse Magic Stone set). Thankfully, things get better after rework...
    Post-Epic Rework: Instead of Smash modifier under conditions, this Bracelet now gives you +5% Skill Damage. Much, much better than before - usable in any build, usable 100% of the time, usable with the Necklace of the same set. Consider using it in case you've already got Smash and Critical modifiers in your equipment setting.

Necklace:

[​IMG] De Los Glory / [​IMG] Forgotten Fellow's Glory / [​IMG] Filir - Seething Anger -

[​IMG] Great Glory Necklace -

[​IMG] Vildar - Promise of Vengeance -

[​IMG] Executioner's Butchery Necklace - Pre-Epic Rework:
    Post-Epic Rework:

[​IMG] Razor Queen's Necklace - Pre-Epic Rework:

[​IMG] Refined Chaos Stone Necklace - Pre-Epic Rework:

Ring:

[​IMG] Dusky West Ring - this Ring is different from its Top and Bottom counterparts. When you have 50% HP or less, you get +10% Independent Attack, which is insane for Legendary (using my example, it's +200 Independent Attack, which is a lot). This Kartel HQ Quest Legendary is your first priority in case you need to fill your Ring slot with something.

[​IMG] Grave Robber King's Last Treasure -

[​IMG] Diseased Revenant Ring - Bleed -

[​IMG] Juris's Determination -

[​IMG] Black Smoke Fang -

[​IMG] Assassin's Blade Ring - Pre-Epic Rework:

[​IMG] Refined Amnesia Stone Ring - Pre-Epic Rework:

Title:

[​IMG] Sweet Dreamer [Cat] [Derange] / Sweet Dreamer [Squirrel] [Derange] - finally, +2 / +3 Derange Title since TAO Titles! +1 Derange Lv. is from the Title itself, and +1/+2 Derange Lv. is from enchant on it.
    This Title is one of the most important part of your Derange swap set, because it gives you up to 3 Derange levels! Of course, you can still get the inferior version (with only "+1 Derange" on it instead of "+2 Derange"), but then you'll have to get some Derange Plat Emblems to max your Derange Level.
    Right now +2 Derange is going for ~20m and +3 Derange is going for ~60m. Be aware that BOTH of them will GREATLY increase in price after Sleeping Wonderland package will be out of stock.

[​IMG] NINJA - in case your equipment setting is already full (for example, 6pc Gracia + 3pc Bulky / Gigantic + Giant Nugol + Sub-Equip / Magic Stone) and you still don't have Smash modifier, this Title will help you. +10% Damage (Smash modifier) is good enough, but the problem is the price of this Title - right now its cost is ~70-90m on Auction House.

[​IMG] [​IMG] Water Splash / [​IMG] [​IMG] Ice Bucket - at first this Title may look lackluster, but in reality... 8% CDR shouldn't be considered as a joke. You're pretty much getting Time King Shoulder and +45 / +55 Independent Attack in this Title, and compared to +100 STR and +85 Independent Attack of Passionate Samba [Strength] (+ Ind Att bead) it's actually better. STR boost doesn't gives us much (at least before Derange rework), and difference in +40 / +30 Ind Att can be reduced up to 25 / 15 by using Blue Dragon's Black Bijou Bead. With that in mind, 8% CDR will easily outplay even +25 Ind Att.
    If you don't have a Weapon with +X% Elemental Damage - use Water Splash / Ice Bucket.
    If you have a Weapon with +X% Elemental Damage - use Doppelganger Title of that Element.

Pet:

[​IMG] Petit Blood Evil -

[​IMG] Salaime the Flame / [​IMG] Endarion the Freeze -

[​IMG] Petit Argos -

[​IMG] Black Behemoth [Lv. 20-25 Skill / 25-30 Skill +1] / [​IMG] Bloody Behemoth [Lv. 15-20 Skill / 20-25 Skill / 25-30 Skill +1] / [​IMG] The Behemoth [Lv. 15-20 Skill / 20-25 Skill / 25-30 Skill +1] -

• Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  5. jimjim312

should i purchase the water splash title if im using a +2 derange title currently?

6. Derange title and gear is for swap purposes and specially now that you keep the deranged status forever after cast
    basically wear all the derange setup + title cast it and swap to your original gear having +250 strength extra,
    as he mentioned above
    If you don't have a Weapon with +X% Elemental Damage - use Water Splash / Ice Bucket.
    If you have a Weapon with +X% Elemental Damage - use Doppelganger Title of that Element.

7. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    just to let you know, after the epic rework, an enemy just has to get hit by the net that the bracelet shoots out in order to get the crit boost. it doesn't have to be immobilized for you to gain the boost

• List
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  8. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Oh, thanks - guess I read it wrong, then. I have the Bracelet itself, but I couldn't really test by myself (because it's still pre-rework version), so yeah, my bad.
    Will fix it the moment I finish with the Necklaces/Rings/Pets and fixing other outdated stuff.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  9. Valheart

Damn, this post was bad ass. I now have a idea of how to build a zerker rather than aimlessly wasting my gold. Thanks a ton for this.

10. RabidNinja

wow, i never realized how lucky i was. in the first ~5 epics i ever got on my zerk were (in this order) cp bracelet, yin sword, and freezing cut. no wonder my guildies call me "the lucky noob" :P

11. hi there, i got a question, should i go for a tradeable epic pot or untradeabel one? and which pot should i choose, because i read that it is not worth to open a sub equip one or often that it is not worth it in general. here is a pic of my current gear
    ScreenShot2017_0102_194942583.jpg
    ahh and one more question, i just hit 86 and don't really know what to do now. should i do my ov runs and then use the leftover fp for hells? or are there better options?
    thanks in advance :)

12. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Untradable Pot cost 5m to open.
    Tradable Pot cost 30m to open.
    If you want to get a Weapon from the Pot - obviously get an untradable one and open it.
    If you want to sell your Pot (although "selling" Seal of Despair (the Seal itself is untradable, mind you) is better - you can ask people about the type of Pot they want beforehand and THEN buy the Pot they need, while just buying a pot lowers the amount of customers you can find to sell it to) - obviously get a tradable one and sell it.
    The Sub-Equip Pot is not recommended, because in most cases the only good Epic Sub-Equip you can get there is Time Traveler's Silver Watch. The rest of Sub-Equips (a huge amount, mind you) are useless to Berserker, so in 99% of outcomes you'll get unusable Sub-Equip.
    The Magic Stone Pot is a bit better - you can get some good Elemental Damage Magic Stones (about 11 good Magic Stones) or even Dethroned King's Tears. But again, there's a lot of useless Magic Stones that you won't be able to even equip.
    This is why most of people open Weapon Pot - at least 4 out of 5 types of Weapons there can be used by Berserker. Of course, you can still find some useless stuff (like Lv.60-70 Epic Weapons), but the chance of getting something good from there is better than from Sub-Equip or Magic Stone Pot.

Your current build is typical for the person who just hit Lv.86. Having Flare Devil is actually good for starters - good job there.

Well, the typical progression list of you Equipment is:
    1st step - Lv.80-85 Haildom Armor set or Chronicle set (for Berserker it's either Blood Reaper or Brutal Madman)
    2nd step - Ancient dungeons (farming stuff like Gracia set, Great Glory Armband (and maybe Great Glory Bracelet), Dusky West Ring and other good stuff for starters)
    3rd step - Anton Normals (farming for Gigantic Presence (aka Bulky Configuration) set).

Of course, the time between those steps can vary.

Hell Mode can be started at any moment between those steps, but it clearly depends on your funds (new players are obviously not THAT rich to spend all of their Fatigue Points by farming Hell Mode). And honestly? If we're really getting Lv.90 cap on January 17th, then I'd advice you to wait until Pandemonium. Berserker REALLY benefits from Lv.90 Epics, and you can get good Lv.85 Epics there as well. The only thing you'll miss there is a possibility of getting Dark Gothic set (Lv.80 Epic Cloth Armor set), but it's not that great compared to Lv.90 Epics.

In case of what you can do right now:
    1. Do Otherverse everyday until you get 6pc Brutal Madman (the perfect 6 pieces would be: Shoulder, Belt, Shoes, Bracelet, Necklace, Magic Stone). Keep your Interdimensional Fragments until you can buy the rest of the missing items from that list (or just get lucky and get them as a drop).
    You'll be using Brutal Madman mostly as a swap set. For damage dealing you'd better farm Blood Reaper set.
    2. Farm Mirror Arad (10 runs per day) and get your Flare Devil to Refine 8.
    3. Do "The Watchers of Natram" or "Grandine Power Plant" or "Slote Power Plant" to farm some money.
    4. Try to get some usable Boss Uniques as a temporary Items (Becky's Special Goggles, Volcanic Rock). This might take a while, because you'll probably have to buy them with Meteors.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to recommend you to farm Gracia - you do have Flare Devil (so stacking Fire Damage sounds like a better idea), but I'm pretty sure that you don't have that much moeny to afford yourself some Fire Damage Legendary items. For now it's better for you to do Otherverse and farm dungeons for money.
    If we're really getting Lv.90 soon, then the new Hell Mode will give you some usable Epics sooner or later, and from there it'll be easier to say as what you should aim for.

13. thank you i appriciate the help a lot :D

14. hi there it's me again :P sry that i'm bothering with so many questions, but i just got a Byeollungum and i'm wondering if i should use it over the flare devile or not? and with what set up?

and i just tested it and i'm doing a lot less dmg somehow even when my stats are higher then wite the flare devile

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  15. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

First of all, congratulations, you lucky guy!
    Second of all, Byeollungum is S Tier Weapon, while Flare Devil is C+ Tier Weapon. It's mathematically impossible for Byeo to deal less damage than Flare Devil with your current amount of Fire Damage... unless you look closely at Byeo's description. But okay, I'll calculate that for you in a bit, but for now I'll explain as why Byeollungum is S Tier, while Flare Devil is C+ Tier.

Just like Caravella, Flare Devil is C Tier, because it's limited to Fire Damage build. But then it's C+ Tier, because the more Fire Damage you have, the stronger it becomes in its limited case. Any other setup won't have any use of Flare Devil.
    Byeollungum is S Tier, because it's usable in any setting, be it Fire, Water, Shadow or Light. Although this is not why it's so good - the reason is because it gives you +50% Damage (Smash modifier), and it's one of the highest Smash modifiers in the game (the other is Black Iron Zanbato, which is a worse version of Byeollungum). Why is Smash modifier so important? Because it makes a huge difference if you check the Damage formula.
    So okay, let's do some calculations!

Again, let's refer to this post of Psycho K and do some conditions to simplify the calculations (I could do it more complex, but I don't think you really need it THAT detailed):
    1) Ignore the diminishing returns of Strength and Elemental Damage;
    2) Ignore the Fixed Damage modifier from Skills;
    3) Imply that the enemy have 0 Defense and 0 Elemental Resistance;
    4) Don't include any other modifiers, like Critical or Elenore (but we will include Smash modifier for Byeo and Elemental Elenore modifier for Flare Devil).

Let's say that our default STR is 1250, Ind Att is 1500 (for Byeo - Lv.85 Weapon) / 1440 (for Flare Devil - Lv.80 Weapon) and default Elemental Damage is 0.
    With that in mind, let's calculate the Damage for Byeollungum and Flare Devil - for now with only Town Stats:
    Byeollungum:
    1500 * (1 + 1250/250) = 9000 (Basic Damage)
    9000 * (1 + 0.5) = 13500 (Overall Damage)

Flare Devil:
    1440 * (1 + 1250/250) * (1 + 37/222) = 10080 (Basic Damage)
    10080 * 0.35 * (1 + 37/222) = 4116 (Elemental Elenore Damage)
    10080 + 4116 = 14196 (Overall Damage)
    ...wait, something's wrong - Flare Devil is stronger than Byeo? Maybe it's because Byeo don't have any Elemental Damage? Let's try giving +100 Fire Damage to both Byeo and Flare Devil:
    Byeollungum:
    1500 * (1 + 1250/250) * (1 + 100/222) = 13054 (Basic Damage)
    13054 * (1 + 0.5) = 19581 (Overall Damage)

Flare Devil:
    1440 * (1 + 1250/250) * (1 + 137/222) = 13972 (Basic Damage)
    13972 * 0.35 * (1 + 137/222) = 7908 (Elemental Elenore Damage)
    13972 + 7908 = 21880 (Overall Damage)
    Hmmm... Flare Devil is still stronger. Does it mean that Flare Devil is actually stronger than Byeollungum?

No, of course not.

Thing is, Flare Devil's Elemental Elenore Damage is not 100% guaranteed - it's only 30% chance. If it doesn't proc, then Flare Devil's damage is much less than Byeo (19581 / 13972 = about 40% Damage of difference!). 30 out of 100 attacks will hit harder with Flare Devil than with Byeo... but Byeo's attacks will be constant all the time, 100 out of 100 attacks.

Now, the reason as why Byeo deals less damage (right now) compared to Flare Devil is because you're probably having a low Hit Rate. Not too long ago Byeollungum had a huge penalty with it - negative Physical Critical Rate, as well as -15% Hit Rate. Because of such low Hit Rate, it was really easy to miss an attack, and that's where the real penalty kicks in - you get -20% Strength for 15 seconds. People had to enchant their Byeollungums with Essence Kill Joe Card, buy Hit Rate Emblems and so on...
    Nowadays, Byeo give you only -5% Hit Rate. Still, you might miss an attack sometimes, and the penalty is still really harsh on you. Let me just show you in this last example:
    Byeollungum:
    1250 - (1250 * 0.2) = 1000 (Strength after penalty)
    1500 * (1 + 1000/250) * (1 + 100/222) = 10878 (Basic Damage)
    10878 * (1 + 0.5) = 16318 (Overall Damage)
    As you can see, the damage after penalty isn't that high now, compared to Flare Devil's damage without Fire Elenore Damage proc.
    The good thing is, it's not that hard to get your Hit Rate high enough to never have such a problem. There's a several options for that:
    1) Level Frenzy (just up to Lv.20 is enough);
    2) Level Zanbato Mastery;
    3) Level Blood Memory;
    4) Get Zoomer T500 Card and enchant your Byeo with it (buy it from Auction House, farm Zoomer T500 in Inverted Watchtower until he drops his card, farm Data Chips and buy the card from Hunter Von).

I think that getting all 4 of those options would be an overkill, but I'm not sure what's the optimal amount (heard that it was ~20% Hit Rate or something?)

16. LothorS

yes the desired hit rate is above 20% some mobs have high evasion rate in slayer so you want more than 22% to avoid the debuff but for anton you want above 20%

17. hey there me again :)
    so i managed to get my 6 piece brutal madman(Shoulder, Belt, Shoes, Bracelet, Necklace, Magic Stone) and also got me a 85 halidom set on the way.
    so what should my next step be? should i farm a six piece Gracia set?
    thanks in advance :D

18. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Yep - that and Byeo should be more than enough to clear EX:Noire Ferra without much troubles. Unless you have some great single piece Epics, you'd go with Top/Bottom/Shoulder/Belt/Shoes + either Sub-Equip or Magic Stone as your 6pc Gracia set.
    Of course, you should farm Lv.90 dungeons and do Lv.85-90 Hell Mode now as well. Not sure if you can do Pandemonium Rift with your current setup, though.

19. RabidNinja

@Jaðarsormr where my updated berserker gearing guide at?

20. madchickins Zhu c 666

This ain't free he charges virgin blood you know. But he has posted alot of weapon tiers and armor recaps/information after 90 cap on other threads especially the general berserker thread. More than once too. Just flip through the pages or stalk his profile if you want to know anything or ask in general thread.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)