GLORIA: The SM Guide

Discussion in 'Sword Master' started by Ansegisel, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Ansegisel

IGN:
    Teresa, Ansegisel
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Hi, just wondering how good the black smoke ring really is? The +8 hit rate is awesome no doubt for Byeol, but wouldn't the critical damage be on and off since it requires counter damage?
    Wouldn't head security belt be better (granted the stats for hit rate and critical damage is lower)?

3. Ansegisel

IGN:
    Teresa, Ansegisel
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    I have it listed under DG for a reason. It is a somewhat common ring choice if you don't have assassin's blade ring and have a good necklace/bracelet or if people are also lazy to complete bulky.

4. Oh I c... what if it's with Gracia set? I hear from people in the main chat that mixed epics are stronger than bulky configuration. If I had that ring + ray decrease or magic cata + lightness auto + either a epic sub for SM (forgot the name) or fused ordinary tear, do you think that would beat bulky config?
    Sorry for all these questions, but I'm trying to decide either on essence kill Joe or that ring. Too poor for both :(

5. Ansegisel

IGN:
    Teresa, Ansegisel
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    No. Ray decrease + bulky would be stronger. Just use a crit damage pet.

6. Unearrth

Awesome guide. Just have a quick question if you still check this lol. I was wondering if anyone know about Elemental Shift and how it effects weapon properties. Lets say you get flame katana with the ideal fire set up. Would it make more sense to use fire elemental shift or do you keep using the ice? Does it matter or effect elemental output/would it change your damage to fire or ice or would it stay the same as your element on your weapon. I dont know if you answered it and i just missed it but i looked through the guide pretty thoroughly.

7. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    You would use fire to get the fire melody proc since those would greatly benefit from your stacked fire damage. And even if you were to use a different element shift it would still take the fire from the katana also. the only other element thing that would happen is melody procs which i don't think count as a neutral state.

8. Firstly thanks for such extensive guide.

I recently started to play and was tossing up between weapon master or sword master. Reading through this guide I decided to go with the sword master and it's working out great atm.

I would like to eventually use a katana but reading through the guide it seems my first priority would be to reach level 90 then grind OV for ancient illlusion or monster rule set then start to run hell and pray for good drops. Does this sound right and are there any changes now that level cap is 90?

9. pkChobo

IGN:
    Chobou
    Guild:
    Dream
    Server:
    Cain
    You don't have to be lvl90 to start OV, though it definitely makes it easier. But yeah definitely chrons->hell, is an extremely common path.

10. You could do both. OV doesn't take too long and hells, you can just run on easy mode. If u can't find epics you need, then after you get ur ov set, farm for Gracia. Should be good enough for Requiem then. In the meantime, you can farm daily ancients along with OV/hell

11. Thanks for that, there are so many different sets of gear it can get very confusing on the optimal path. Just so I am clear it should be something like this?

Farm OV for chrons
    Farm easy hell for any epics
    Do ancients to get appeasing stone for Requiem

I am abit confuse on where to get Gracia, according to wiki I would need apostle's remnants and imposter report and these seems to drop in Time Gate - Requiem City of Noire Ferra, which is an ancient dungeon. So does that mean I farm ancients for both Requiem and Gracia set?

12. Pyros

Yes ancients are both for requiem and gracia(or other armor sets). That said, you'll probably want to farm a Reconstruction weapon at 90 instead, from Bloody Lane+daily quest. Takes a few days(3days with neopremium+waste event boxes is what it took me on my Vagabond) and gives a weapon that is fairly similar to Requiem in power level, but obviously much much faster. Might take longer if you're not using all your FP on bloody lane, but still pretty quick.

Then if you want a lib, I'd consider just farming gold instead. Lib prices are so shit nowadays that it's absolutely not worth crafting one at all until they rework legendaries. You can get the 90shortsword or a lib for like 25-30m, which is like less than 2weeks of farming money, while a Lib still takes like 2+months and might cost you even more money than that if you're not lucky on the craft(it's like 2.5m per attempt and fails more often than not, you can guarantee success at 10fails but that's still 25m and like 2months of daillies after you finished requiem and if you do that version you can't sell it later on if you find an epic).

13. Hi, I been looking at you guide and had a few questions. How viable is your guide today as it it seems to a little bit old. I mean You say in your guide that Zan build kills and destroys everything with the right gear, SS is expnsive but is the 2nd highest damage? Then come Katana and Bludegon? Bludegons are definitely the cheapest but never really like the play style with them. I been using a Katana since forever from lvl 15 to lvl 87 and had loved them but then I tried SS and found a new love. The ability to do 2 elements at once is awesome and really liking it. The draw is that the class is expensive and I'm not made of money either but...

I guess what I really want to know is is the strongest weapon class as of now and If SS is still good and viable even with someone who doesn't have too much money. I decided to make this class my primary as I fell in love with it again. I thank you for your time and do not know how often you check this page but thanks again

P.S What all this really pertains to is that there is an SS on the AH the best (according to you that money can buy for 40m when its supposedly worth 200m?) and was wondering if I should get it.

14. Ansegisel

IGN:
    Teresa, Ansegisel
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    The guide is outdated due to 90 epics/cap but you can still use it for general info. Zan is the strongest when you are using epics/legendaries. SS is not really that good outside of monster ruler for now but after sm buffs, it becomes viable if you aren't using monster ruler. In general, Zan > Katana > Blud > SS when you are using epics and this still holds true after the sm buffs later.

15. spaceboy SM waifu4laifu

IGN:
    Deps
    Why are you using 90 katana with full plate senpaiiiiii

16. Ansegisel

IGN:
    Teresa, Ansegisel
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    I use katana for faster hells.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)