Glacial Masters: Kings of the Cold

Discussion in 'Glacial Master' started by Pure, May 22, 2014.

1. Miek

Yay a GM thread!! Thanks for starting one Pure!
    I played a GM in DFO and I also play one in DnF, I am now playing one again in DFO global! lol

The videos you posted by Azshar is by my friend Art! He tested those sets after the Season 4 changes in DnF! (These are the complete new revamps)

Here is a great table of the changes before (what DFO would have now and then when DnF had just changed them into!)
    (AMAZING and great resources are found at http://dfcentral.com/, go check them out seriously! they are hardcore insane when it comes to updates for players! everyone should be thankful to them! I know I especially am!)
    ***google translated, but you get the idea!
    [​IMG]

What I will say is that the new Ice Arrow Shot set was revamped so much that it nearly equals Ice Floral Hell in damage 1v1! (I actually would even say it out damages it!!!)

Here's some kind of old videos of my GM!

9pc Ice Flower Hell at Suju *please note that Piece of Ice (Grand Shatter) goes through a visual revamp making it smoother for users*

6pc (and Green/Blue Tainted pieces) Ice Arrow Shot

let me know if you guys have any questions/video requests! I'll be happy to help out! the more GMs the better! :D

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  2. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

Oh my god Miek, <3! Thanks a ton for this and if it's not too much trouble tell your friend thanks. :D

Also, do you have or know if your friend has a video of 9 piece Ice vine? I'm just wondering how big Ice Crusher gets and if the damage would be worth it.

3. Psych plaza empress

was the finisher from ice arrow removed?

4. Miek

Ice Crusher? Do you mean Ice Orb? (I dont know fit they changed the name or not lol), the stationary Spiky orb right?
    I'll try to find the video later! I remember I saw it! (My friend only did the ones I requested him to do haha, that's why he didn't have the other ones, the test server is now gone from what I know)

5. Psych plaza empress

I think he's referring to the lvl 35 cube skill

6. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

Think it's called Ice Hammer for kDnF...?

7. Miek

6 pc Ice Arrow Shot removes the finisher off of Broken Arrow!

Oh!! Ice Vine doesn't make Ice Crusher get any bigger ( at least it doesn't now). I actually don't think any sets have Ice Crusher visually become bigger anymore. (Ultimate Ice Magician increased the shockwave range though, it was pretty big)

*** I also couldn't find the video I was trying to look for :(
    I hope that's the answer you were looking for!

• List
  8. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

Yep, that's perfect. Thanks for trying Miek!

9. Pure Chill

IGN:
    Exceleration
    Guild:
    Chronicles, Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Hey guys, sorry was out of town the past few days. Thanks so much for livening up the thread with your contributions. I appreciate the videos and charts, thanks so much Azrael and Miek!

Anyways yeah! Feel free to ask any questions!

10. Dthugtherealist KingCutletz

IGN:
    DthugDaKing
    Guild:
    PhantomFores GM
    Server:
    Cain
    Heyo Pure if your still around is there updates to this guide? Or should I follow this guide to the T?

11. Nier FPriest main since 2017

The only thing that's changed is you max Path of Frost + EX now. It gives you a lv81 freeze and 90% chance at our current cap. Just gets better once we get 85 cap.

• List
  12. Pure Chill

IGN:
    Exceleration
    Guild:
    Chronicles, Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Heyyo :)
    Still around haha, just took a break for a bit. Anyways, everything should be more or less up to date -- I'll go through the guide once more to change anything to reflect the current patch in DFOG.
    Some changes off the top of my head:
    Ice Field EX (lv 70) Should now be broken into three hits instead of one large burst.

Always glad to help if you have any questions!

13. Dthugtherealist KingCutletz

IGN:
    DthugDaKing
    Guild:
    PhantomFores GM
    Server:
    Cain
    Thanx Pure I'm enjoying the GM style haha

14. DemonRageX

15. Psych plaza empress

16. Lil Puddin Duke of Diabeetus

IGN:
    ALOT
    I agree. Windmill deals some serious damage when used at Icy White Sword range. It also has some good poking range. As much as I love Icy White Sword, I think it's better off being a point dump for the time being. Either choice is fine, though. They are both spectacular moves given the SP cost and scaling.

17. DemonRageX

18. Pure Chill

IGN:
    Exceleration
    Guild:
    Chronicles, Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Looks good! Regarding the Icy White Sword vs. Windmill Spear decision, I'd say it's preference as to which you use/like most. Instead of maxing both, I'd recommend putting the SP from one into the 60ex Ice Orb as its damage was buffed. And I'd make room in your EX TP upgrades for Resonance (a 50 percent increase to both the water damage buff and debuff is pretty great). I'd say the must max EX passives would be Grand Shatter, Ice Road, and Resonance. That leaves you with 6 TP to invest however you like. If you are maxing Icy White Sword, the TP upgrade for that is absolutely necessary to get the full utility/damage from the move.

Hope that helped and if you have any other questions feel free to post here or pm me :)

19. Mr. Sly Guest

Could you leave the ex path of frost at level 1 and max path of frost? I feel like our dps potential is better spent in other TP's. However I love the instant freeze so I'd love the 1 level of the ex <3

20. MintSphere

What a necro :gootecks:

Yeah generally you can leave path of frost tp at 1 though.

• List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)