Glacial Master General Discussion

Discussion in 'Glacial Master' started by Raven, May 20, 2014.

1. JohnSmith

Will I be able to beat bulky setting with smash m.attk title, smash bracelet, ice knight armor, and filir? I still have a month of grinding for full bulky, and I am starting to get tired of the grind.

2. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

Bulky is 10% smash (with title), 10% skill damage, 10% int, 18 ele, x mattack, 10% cdr
    That setup is 100 mattack, 10% smash, 24 ele, 15% int

It should be fairly close, but you will need to be careful of filir's downtime. Ideally you'd actually use an epic smash necklace (exec, razor, refined) with filir and frozen solidity. Alternatively, do you have any epic armor pieces you can use as offslots instead of just accessories? Sea God is fairly flexible.

3. JohnSmith

No, I only have a bunch of useless epic armor.

4. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

Then the setup you mentioned should be fine. Bulky will probably be more comfortable to use, though, unless you get an epic necklace.

5. Misuzu

Hi guys, after the hell event last 2 weeks I've grabbed some useful epic, my setup is now as below:

6pc Sea god of shoulder, belt, shoes, sub equipment, bracelet and ring with
    Tactical officer coat, Newtype attacker pants(15% crit), razor queen's necklace (20% smash), cold energy stone, lv 25-30 behemoth, doppelganger of water title

I've also been able to grab two +12 ticket and make my rabi +12, outside anton I'm using the shepard rod +12

The problem I'm having is the same with John, with the above setup I'm having a hard time in soloing anton than using 6 sea gold + 3 guild acc, any suggestion for improvement? Thanks!

6. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

Soloing anton takes a while for GM, even with full epics it's not that easy because you lack the damage to kill things fast enough, notably the end bosses such as Nerbe, Agnes, Egene and Mateka. In terms of "solo anton", what basically happens is you either kill everything in one cycle, or you add another minute or few to your run time because you have to do mechanics again especially for named mobs which have long gimmicks such as melta and krave. Sometimes, you also have to end up waiting for cooldowns, which also adds to your run time. Normal antons is not really meant to be solo'd in a reasonable time without epics or a strong semi-epics setup.

@Misuzu, not exactly sure what you mean - are you saying that soloing anton is hard or that using 6pc sea god + 3pc guild is easier than sea god + @pcs? If it's the former, what mobs/problems are you having exactly?

7. Misuzu

Thanks for the reply! Let's take the Tog and Annihilator Nerbe as a sample, with 6pc sea god+3pc guild, I can take him down pretty easily and within a reasonable amount of time, but with the sea god+random epic setup that I'm using right now, I'm having problem even in defeating Tog (lack of damage I suppose?).

I would like to party for anton but as I'm Asian, finding a party with good connection is quite hard for me :(

8. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

Tog would be due to proc damage beating your own damage due to his high defense, though not sure about nerbe, since he does have a few hundred mil hp.

If you do a EX nugol damage test, which set is faster, and how much damage do you do with the guild accs? By damage I mean the "total damage" number displayed at the end of stopwatch mode.

9. Aeon Has an affinity with shortswords

IGN:
    VolGrando
    Server:
    Cain
    Well.....what exactly would you say is a reasonable time? If you're trying to finish smoke solo in like 1~2minutes it's not an easy thing to do without full epics.
    It might not be a consistent clear time either if you're still new to soloing it. Keep trying and you might get a more consistent time.

10. Azure Lune I never said I was -good- at this

IGN:
    AzureLune
    Server:
    Cain
    probably should ask in the PVP forum instead(hah, and plant trees in a volcano while I'm at it), but anyone have any advice for GM PVP?

11. Misuzu

For nugol time, please see below, both with lv20 resonance and lv13 path of frost, lv14 insight
    6pc sea god + 3 guild accs + cold energy stone + lv25-30 petit domina hailey (10% smash)
    [​IMG]

6pc sea god + random epic (Tactical officer coat, Newtype attacker pants, razor queen's necklace), cold energy stone, lv 25-30 behemoth
    [​IMG]

I'm having better time with guild acc set of around 1:45 while the random epic gear take 2:05. I've tried my best in keeping the mp above 90%. Both setup have a 93% of crit chance.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  12. Aeon Has an affinity with shortswords

IGN:
    VolGrando
    Server:
    Cain
    's about right. Guild accessory provides a lot of sustained damage.
    If you look at how it displays ~500mil as a total damage instead of your 650mil with mixed epics, your can tell the set basically did ~150mil damage in the span of 1:45.
    If you're soloing, this could be very well significant since it is likely you won't kill things with one cycle of skills.

Just keep in mind the guild accessories do not scale [at all, in my memory. Not even with water damage] with support party members.
    Edit: miniscule ~20k damage increase for Ice Prism Ring w/ +3000 int in training room; resonance on/off doesn't do crud to it.

13. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

Yeah, that's what I expected to happen. As Aeon said, the damage numbers at the end display how much actual damage you did to nugol and by proxy, how much your procs did. Nugol has 650mil hp, so your guild accs did about 150mil.

Solo-wise where your damage is low, guild accs may help a bit due to providing a larger relative damage increase but with a party, the damage from procs will amount to almost nothing.

14. Misuzu

Got it, then I guess the next step will be full epic, while lv90 is coming, gotta save more DC/DIs for the hell farming.

I've further tested the guild acc, and found the most optimal setup for me is to use the guild ring + epic, since the most proc damage is coming from the ring for me.

Nugol time is 1:41 now, gotta stick with it before getting anymore epic pieces :p Thanks for all the advice and help!
    [​IMG]

15. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

Just want to say half your problem is also in your build, for soloing you want burst not DPS (also party-wise in raid), so maxing Grand Shatter and Ice Sword isn't recommended as they're both awful for damage. Your damage actually seems quite low for Sea God 6pc, because I remember being able to hit 60-70mil with Ice Chain on EX: Nugol with Sea God 6pc + mixed legendary accs, but your damage could also be during Curse downtime + no warlord's pot as well as positioning.

16. Misuzu

I've actually maxed all cube skill without blizzard storm and put the sp into grand shatter and ice sword for normal dungeon, for TP, i maxed ice trap, ice hammer, windmill and put the rest in grand shatter. Guess I will max blizzard storm + TP instead.

I do agree with the potion, I didn't use any potion in the above test so it really affect the time, with INT, warlod, and cooldown potion the time will be further reduced to 1:18, with Ice chain doing 52mil damage. By the way I only got around 2.2k INT after pot, since I do not have any dimensional stat on my gear, gotta wait for event and get some grimoire I suppose.

17. Piggy 2.85

Is there a set rotation for optimal burst damage? I've got a 2:25~2:30 nugol time using mixed epics or 6pc sea god with a +11/8 Rabi, but I'm apparently not doing enough dps in raid for something like BG, even with a SB. Been messing around on my own and looking at what few vids I find, but I haven't really found anything great yet.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  18. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

Um, 2:30 nugol time is quite a long time even for Sea God. I think with Sea God I managed something like 1:20, but it's been a long time so I don't remember if that's completely accurate. However, GM is typically less of a main dps and more of a subdps/holder (decent damage, but I wouldn't expect a GM to match a main DPS class when at the same gear levels, though this is somewhat dependent on your party composition as well, such as having sader/sb). Your first and foremost concern is actually holder and getting the pre-holds in; damage comes in along the way. What exactly do you consider "not doing enough dps"? Keep in mind BG mobs don't have a lot of HP - Plagnus only has 360mil HP and Taoirik clocks in at 480mil. If you have only a SB as support and 2 other DPS, assuming they're not unfreezing mobs and are similarly geared, I'd expect you to do about 25-35% of the damage to Plagnus depending on what your other classes are and what skills you use on him, and probably about the same or a bit less on Taoirik, again dependent on the skills. This is roughly going to be about 100-150mil to Plagnus, and 120-160mil on Taoirik typically.

As for a rotation to use, it really depends on your gear, your party's overall damage and what you're fighting. However, for a final boss rotation like Agnes, you generally open with Overfreeze and then go through something like Ice Field -> Ice Orb -> Judecca -> Shard Magnum -> Ice Trap -> Ice Hammer -> Blizzard Storm. It depends on how much holding you need to do (if your party members can hold, then you don't need to save Ice Trap for hold extension after Judecca), and your cooldowns and overall damage. For maximum holding capabilities you can do something like OF -> field -> Judecca -> Shard Magnum -> Hammer -> Orb (right before Judecca finishes) -> Blizzard Storm -> Ice Trap; reasoning for Orb then Blizzard is Orb is a pseudo-hold, which gives you some time to get Blizzard's freeze off.

This is a very old video, but might give you some idea:

Keep in mind this is also with burning and is a speedrun on Anton Normals, so it's not entirely accurate (also didn't do a full buff swap because speedrun + lazy). I don't remember the exact Anton Normal HP values, but reading over Mike's Anton Normals guide again, they both have 125mil HP, which may or may not be accurate right now. Burning is roughly a 20-30% damage increase, but having a SB is roughly a 40-50% damage increase for GM (saya necromancy, etc.), so my damage would have been relatively similar. Also going to note that I would not recommend opening left room with Blizzard Storm like I did there because of how Plagnus targets a *random* party member, and that tactic requires him to target you and for blizz to be timed to be hitting him right as he lands or it'll miss.

Honestly, just practice normals and find a rotation you're comfortable with; every GM has their preferences on rotation, and for the most part, you really just want things to die within your hold duration.

19. Piggy 2.85

One thing I noted from that video is that all your gear is amped and mine isn't, but I think I'm hitting around the same numbers as you are in that gear. I actually need to run solo BG first to see if I'm not just crazy, though.
    But I do feel like its weird that my time was so high, and I remember you said you were hitting around 60~70m with Ice Chain in 6pc sea god, while I'm hitting around half that with my current set up. I'm starting to think its my accs, as a blue frigid neck, bulky brace, and forgotten AER are kinda bottom of the barrel.

20. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

I did have some amps on my Sea God gear (for whatever reason I can't fathom atm), and it was about +7 for most of it (only maximizer and stone is +10 amp). Some of those numbers could have been during Filir downtime, but I highly doubt you'd be hitting the same amount as I did in the video (solo damage wise) because that video was during burning, which was probably around 20-30% damage increase. That being said, I also didn't full swap so it's possible, but I still don't think you'd be hitting the same amount because my accs are better than yours, so you'd probably have to test that out.

Bulky is pretty much the best setup you can achieve outside of getting epics, especially at that gear level where cdr actually really helps. When I hit 60-70mil with Ice Chain, I think I was using Ice Knights, Filir and Great Glory Bracelet or full Bulky, but I don't remember. I did find this screenshot though, of mixed epics + bulky:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17036030/dfo/DFOG/ScreenShot2016_1004_024924262.png

Sea God would probably be around 10-15% weaker than that setup, I think. Keep in mind that Ice Chain and Blizzard Storm are actually very position dependent, so be mindful of where you use those skills because you can pretty much double your damage in some cases with the right positioning.

Your accs could definitely do with some improving, but again, that sort of thing takes time. I have already posted various setups (a few pages back), so you can try some of those out if you want improvements.

Also if you're testing with Sea God, in terms of finding your maximum damage potential, spawn Nugol with curse.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)