Glacial Master General Discussion

Discussion in 'Glacial Master' started by Raven, May 20, 2014.

1. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

Here's the videos as promised:

2. Azure Lune I never said I was -good- at this

IGN:
    AzureLune
    Server:
    Cain
    hm, question since I'm almost done with Sea God 6pc

ScreenShot2016_1217_141339743.png

gonna be replacing GG bracelet with the last Sea God piece. Now, if I ever finish Cold Princess set, what gear config would be the best for damage? 5pc Sea God replacing my Tear? or should I replace one of the NG belt/Freezing Cut Robe? feel like those are pretty important though

3. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

I'd replace belt and tear for 6pc, or tear for 5pc. Make sure you have both a crit smash and smash mod though, I'm assuming you'll use either title or pet for smash once you replace gg bracelet, which will leave you with no crit smash mods if you use smash pet.

4. Aeon Has an affinity with shortswords

IGN:
    VolGrando
    Server:
    Cain
    Did 2 tries on my nazalo rod since I don't use that anymore.
    [​IMG]
    ......Well this is a surprise :V. Brb going to Costco for mana aid bulk purchasing.
    Guess I underestimated piercing w/o support members. About a 10~15% damage increase from +12 requiem

5. Hova Chasing the wind

Server:
    Cain
    Yo, just wanted to say that Eternal's lore is really fucking cool.

That is all.

6. Piggy 2.85

So I got a Night Shadow top today, and I was wondering if I could break 6PC Sea God with it, mana shoulder and tactical belt. I'm currently using the olympus pet for smash, and I'm workin on a bulky set at the moment, so I could switch to the christmas pet and get 100% crit. I've also cleared the anton raid feat, but friends said to hang on to it until I flip the the rest of the feat epics. Thinking about the mstone or the ring, but I dunno which would be more preferable in my current state.

Attached Files:

7. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

I think you can break the set if you get Absolute Field and Frozen Insignia/Maximizer. Power Arm Chain Leggings is an option too, though using Sea God is passable.

8. Aeon Has an affinity with shortswords

IGN:
    VolGrando
    Server:
    Cain
    Holding onto the quest would be the right thing to do if you are going to keep raiding.
    I wouldn't recommend you getting the mstone if you really want to redeem it unless you are close to savior/planning to ditch rabineta.
    Avarice stone+ Tactical belt+ dimension seal stats already puts you at 78 shadow damage.

9. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

As a quick note, Rabineta Rod is actually better than Savior if you have high water damage, most notably if you have Cold Princess, and breaks about even if you have Savior + Agnes, with the Savior maybe coming out slightly ahead in damage. Obviously, you'd use Savior with the latter setup because Rabineta's MP Fighter Online is costly and unfun, but yeah, just thought it'd be worth noting.

10. Reverie

Is our 80 epic sub better than sea god / frozen insignia?

11. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

mattack sub or the +skills one? Mattack one is same tier as maximizer, rest are hot garbage but have some utility as swaps. Although, the +2 Ice Craft sub is actually pretty decent.

12. JohnSmith

Do ppl normally max blizzard storm over blizzard storm? I feel like my dps is missing somewhere. Sometimes, I just stand around for a few seconds to wait for my skills after my rotation.

13. Aeon Has an affinity with shortswords

IGN:
    VolGrando
    Server:
    Cain
    That's generally what happens on burst setups if you don't kill things with your bursts.

14. Reverie

It's the +2 Ice Craft one

15. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

What's your water damage?

16. Reverie

It's pretty low as you can see, and even lower if I use AER (drops by 15, so it becomes 130). I'll have the sea god belt in a few days for that tiny boost though.

I included the stuff I currently have because I was wondering if there was any upgrading I could do. I was thinking of using the silent taker coat and replacing GGB since I have petit pet for crit smash. Other than that, though, idk. Maybe curtain of death belt and sea god bracelet? Or would it just be better to get frozen solidity?

Attached Files:

17. Piggy 2.85

Thanks for the replies. I'll hang on to the feat for now, I plan to raid for a long, long time. Flipping a ring will probably happen soon.

18. kacyjb25

hello I need help figuring out if a should get frozen insignia, I do plan on getting bulky and using the Christmas to get to 10 each

Attached Files:

19. mchotdog33

Is mechanical dragon essence worth getting if i'm currently using a ice vine stone?

20. Ralexinor I'm allergic to stupidity.

I'm going to assume your total water damage is roughly around 300 in dungeon with the inclusion of Resonance and Path of Frost. For the maths:

Frozen Insignia (28 water damage):
    300 + 28 + 222 / 300 + 222 = 5.36% damage increase, 6.43% if you include rabi's elenore

Sea God sub (18 water damage):
    300 + 18 + 222 / 300 + 222 = 3.45% damage increase, 4.14% if you include rabi's elenore

Resolution of the Awakened - Eternal (+2 Overfreeze, Ice Craft):
    This one is a little bit more complicated, but here's a general overview.
    • Ice-type skills (Shard Magnum, Ice Trap, Windmill, Hammer, etc.) gain 3% damage from the spear per level, for a total of 6% damage on these skills.
    • Ice Craft T1 (Ice Chain, Ice Orb, Broken Arrow, Grand Shatter): 1% damage per level, for a total of 2%. Post-reworks this increase is doubled.
    • Ice Craft T2 (Blizzard Storm, Judecca, Ice Field, Overfreeze): 2% damage per level, for a total of 4%.
    • Overfreeze gains an additional bonus from getting a direct +2 levels. Now, as I'm not in-game atm and don't have access to this (neople banned me last night while running hell modes l0l), I can't test this gain, but going from the tooltip values, it should be about a 7-8% damage increase per level for a total of 15% damage increase over 2 levels, which I'm not entirely sure is correct. The main thing I like about additional levels to Overfreeze is the extra range it gains, which is very helpful for mobs such as Magtonium 5. That being said, Overfreeze is not a very hard hitting skill for the most part unless it bugs out, which is not something you should be relying on, so while a 15% damage increase (if that's correct) is very good, overall it won't do that much good. Overfreeze is fairly weak in damage, being one of the weakest burst skills we have (the only one weaker is Ice Orb).
    Overall I think the sub is better than Sea God, but worse than Frozen Insignia. That being said, if I remember correctly it does have more int than both Sea God and Frozen Insignia, so that might give it the edge. That being said, any difference you see will likely be fairly minimal. It's a very good sub for Overfreeze however, and you could use it as a utility swap for its range in certain situations (again, Magtonium 5). As always, I recommend using 6pc Sea God if solo, and 5pc if you're with a SB, so you could use the Sea God sub and swap to either Frozen Insignia or Resolution if you're with a SB.

Also, I think you should use Spell Burn Shoulder Pads and Silent Taker Coat with 5/6 Sea God with Bulky for now. Replace your magic stone with a Sea God stone. If you're using 6pc, you can swap out either Spell Burn or Silent Taker for a Sea God piece (would be a good idea to test which is better because I'm too lazy to do the maths atm), and use both if you're using 5pc. Alternatively, you could try forgo Bulky entirely, but I'm not sure if you want to use a more expensive setup. Ideally, you'd use:

Shoulder - Spell Burn Shoulder Pads
    Top - Silent Taker Coat
    Pants - Sea God
    Belt - Sea God
    Shoes - Native Ornamental Shoes
    Sub - Sea God
    Stone - Sea God (Cold Energy if 5pc)
    Bracelet - Sea God
    Necklace - Sea God
    Ring - Filir - Cool-headed Judgment

I think that would beat out bulky, but Filir is very expensive. You could try double swapping AER/Forgotten AER as well, but that's quite annoying to do. I'm not 100% sure if AER alone (without swapping) in that setup would beat a Bulky setup. It quite probably will, but you will need to test.

If you plan on running with a SB all the time, then it wouldn't be a bad choice to if you can afford it. That being said the damage increase is about 2%, so I'll leave you to decide whether you want to fork out 20mil (or whatever Frozen Insignia's price is atm) for one. My advice would honestly be to save up for a Rabineta Rod instead, as that would be a much more worthwhile increase.

Also, seeing as you're using Sea God (even if those 3 chron pieces are IAS), I would recommend dropping Broken Arrow to level 1 and Ice Sword to about level 1 or 10 (preferences) so you can max your cubes. Or at least drop Broken Arrow to 1, because that skill is pretty horrible without 9pc IAS.

A Ratria Tear (+30 water damage) or Cold Energy Magic Stone (+36 water damage) would be much better, and Ratria isn't that expensive anymore. That being said, is that Ice Vine Stone part of a set? If not, then yes, Mechanical would definitely be better. If yes, it depends on whether you have pieces to either replace the other pieces or if you want to put an Ice Vine piece in another slot.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)