Glacial Master General Discussion

Discussion in 'Glacial Master' started by Raven, May 20, 2014.

1. Raven Black Dingle

Talk about your never dyin', no mana usin', iced out angst-filled teenager lookin' favorite class here.
    :mmage::mmage::mmage:

2. Joequel

I played one on release in DFO and took it to 50. Few questions..

1. How do they hold up in PvE compared to other classes?
    2. Percent or Fixed?
    3. How are they doing in DnF?

3. Raven Black Dingle

I'm not a GM savant or anything but hopefully this thread attracts some.

1. Right now they're fine.
    2. Percent.
    3. Beyond godlike with 9pc IIRC.

4. Powder Rune Lullaby of Birdland

IGN:
    Gumdrop
    Guild:
    #BLESSED
    Server:
    Cain
    PVE is ridiculously easy for GM as long as you know how to position yourself and what to cycle through. After not having touched DFO for so long I've forgotten the lengths of the cooldowns and all I hear is "URGH URGH URGH"

Definitely going make this sexy beast my first character when the game officially launches *^* Will try out a new build with max awakening this time, too.

5. Nier FPriest main since 2017

Grand shatter is all you need for PvE.

All classes get max active awakening in the future since it scales with level. Just depends on how much update neople gives us on launch.

6. Jetstream ( ≖‿≖)

IGN:
    Smoqueed
    Server:
    Cain
    To add to this it becomes a full percent skill after the awakening skill rebalance.

7. Pure Chill

IGN:
    Exceleration
    Guild:
    Chronicles, Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    I've got a lot of experience with Glacial Masters (lv70 in dfo and 80 in cdnf) so if you have any questions let me know. I'll be posting a copy of a guide I made a little while back for GMs here :).

-Pure

8. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

I am also available for questions. I had a 70 GM and 6 piece Ice Floral Hell before Nexon shut down, though I believe Pure is still my senior.

9. Pure Chill

IGN:
    Exceleration
    Guild:
    Chronicles, Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Haha sweet. And whoever is able is more than welcome to help :p no one has a monopoly on anything lol.

10. Miek

I'm able to pitch in some answers as well!!

I've got to 8 pc Ice Floral Hell in DFO (arg lol)
    and I've completed 9 pc Ice Flower Hell in DnF, as well as 7pc Ice Arrow Shot!

Anything I can do to help beef up the Glacial Master community!!!! :D

11. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

We need to liven this place up a bit so let's bounce some ideas off each other for fun!

Idea's for...
    75 Skill
    80 Skill
    2nd Awakening Active
    2nd Awakening Passive

12. jmdude Dead Classes of DFO

Guild:
    Ingenious/Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    Can't think of anything for second awakening actives. GM basically starts off making weapons out of ice then starts throwing around bigger and bigger chunks of ice.
    What would he do next? Start going back to weapons?

13. Nier FPriest main since 2017

summon onee-san shiva (FF) obv

14. Dubin carried by fmage

Obviously the next step is
    dammit ninja nier

15. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

They could possibly go back to weapons, since that's fairly easy. I plan on requesting a mod eventually that turns Ice Crusher into a large sword... What about an ice pillar that holds an enemy temporarily before shattering? Some no Mai, Tsukishiro style :o?

16. Alduina Still Art Dick

[​IMG]

Say what you want about Bleach, but I love the character and clothing designs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Lil Puddin Duke of Diabeetus

IGN:
    ALOT
    I'd like to see some sort of upgrade of his bow+arrow, sword, mace, or spear ice weapons. I kind of wish there was more water variety. I know he is a glacial master and hell freezer, but for an element called water there's hardly any usable water attacks for it in the game. Like the fluid state of H20, not ice. His description says he's a master of water and ice so he could use some scary water skills besides raging water. Um let's see what things come to mind...

Chilly claymore. As the name implies it's just a huge 2h sword. But the kicker is it's made of water and each strike is kind of weak because of it. Since it's water, it's easier to move without compromising the structure's integrity. Each strike has very heavy hitstun and freeze procs since it's frigid water he's using. The way he moves the watery sword makes it so the monsters move in closer to him. Finally, he ends it by freezing the sword and smashing it down for severely heavy damage. It's about a 3 second skill and mashing x or the skill key makes him swing the sword more times, meaning more freeze procs and suction effect.

Icicle burst. He wields an absurdly sized mace made purely out of water and smashes it down. It explodes outward like a water balloon. The initial hit deals decent damage, but when the mace bursts like a water balloon, the water freezes instantly and becomes sharp icicles. So imagine a bomb put inside a bucket of nails. Ouch. I guess it should have a freeze or slow proc. But since the ice shoots out like high speed bullets, a bleed proc could be possible too. It wouldn't really fit his style of freezing and slowing though.

Torrential Arrows. He makes a bow like usual, except it's made of water and isn't frozen. At the same time a watery pentacle forms up in the sky. He diagonally shoots a bunch of watery arrows into the pentacle. The amount he fires multiplies and crashes down to the ground in a furious torrent of frigid watery arrows. Finally, the pentacle freezes and drops down to the ground violently. Each arrow has a proc chance to freeze and all monsters under the pentacle get hit a crapton of times.

Frigid whirlwind. He could form a small ice spear like he does for windmill spear or snow flower spear, but he twirls it above his head. As he spins it faster and faster, the spear grows larger. Finally it ends by the huge spear breaking into a bunch of normal sized spears. The whirlwind that picked up swirls the spears around a bit and then skill ends with the spears dissipating into frost.

For one that's not weapon related... Hm... I guess one called below zero? I'm kind of sad there's no skilled called subzero or below zero.
    He could summon a big puddle of water the size of ice trap or raging waters in front of him. The puddle has a high freeze proc, heavy hitstun, but low damage. It deals only one hit, then he quickly freezes most of the puddle and shatters it all at once, making the shards erupt upward and float in the air for a bit. Then he freezes the remaining water into a spiky floor to impale the monsters from below while the top comes crashing down to pierce them. That would be a vicious frozen attack that works with his passive to be even more vicious.

I have too much time on my hands.

18. Dubin carried by fmage

sorry there's just a lot of bad 90's pop culture I have to exorcise from myself '3 '

19. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

Lol, Dubin

Ice Trap V.1

Anyway, I liked a few of your ideas Puddin. I was thinking it would be cool to have a whirlpool type skill that either holds, or pulls everything to the center before freezing and shattering upwards.[/MEDIA]

20. Nier FPriest main since 2017

Need more Frigid Damsel.
    NEOPUL GODSZZ MAKE IT HAPPENB

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)