Glacial Master 2nd Awakening Ideas

Discussion in 'Glacial Master' started by Chatterlal, May 20, 2015.

1. Chatterlal Needs more swords

IGN:
    DeadWing
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    So since I haven't seen anything on Glacial Master's second awakening ... what do you guys think would be a cool name?

Passive(s)? Active? and those extra two skills? What would fit the best for him to fix any "problems" he has?

also found this on a random internet search
    [​IMG]

2. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    Ice transformation 2nd awakening would be cool, or maybe even ice armor that tanks a few extra hits like elebomber ice shield.

3. Chardo Fight for truth and tacos al pastor

better and faster cube burst skills

ice hammer is mediocre damage (just about grand shatter damage)

ice trap is just for holding and super bad at damage, also slow cast time. ( a windmill and some ice arrows deal around the same)

ice orb is strong but situational and not always lands the 100% hits specially in party.

ice field is okay, kinda slow but it does its work.

and raging water pillars is the only real amazing cube skill. specially with the 1 ex point and the 100% chance of freeze.

so some really simple and fast cube burst would be great, also maybe different ice weapons? ice axe? ice thorn whip? the possibilities can be endless.

4. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    Inb4 unlimited ice works

I am the bone of my sword
    ice is my body and water is my blood
    I have created over a thousand blades
    Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
    Have withstood pain to create many weapons
    Yet, those hands will never hold anything
    So as I pray, unlimited ice works.

5. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain

Yeah I definitely think Glacial Masters need a general rework on top of 2nd awakening
    -First thing, they are a partial melee class but are so squishy so that needs to be adressed, i think giving them a passive ice shiled like Ele bomber or active Ice shield like elementalist would be nice.
    -Alot of our moves only cover horizontal lines, so i think more moves should either have more y range or have super armor.
    -Freezing things is a gimmick and it would be a good gimmick if we COULD MOVE frozen enemies with our attacks. This would help so much with OV and grouping.
    -Certain moves don't feel worthy as cubes so I guess make them stronger or just make them not cubes
    -expand our melee xxx range to something at least equal to a slayer katana.

For second awakening itself:
    2nd awakening: Frozen soul, frozen tyrant: become a massive Ice golem
    2nd awakening passive: Frozen hand: able to move around frozen enemies, have a passive ice shield that lasts for x amount of hits and regenerates over x seconds and increase the size of all ice moves by 50%
    2nd ex: Hell hath frozen over: similar to the asura aura, hit enemies with constant ice damage
    2nd ex: Absolute zero: Gather all enemies in the room and make all enemies in the room drastically slowed for 30 seconds

^maybe a little OP but im just throwing around Ideas

6. Chardo Fight for truth and tacos al pastor

Im perfectly fine with being a close ranged glass canon, our defense already comes in the form of freezing, reincarnation and teleportation, I dont think there is a need for defensive skills, since those 3 already cover our most basic needs (Reincarnation for defense, teleportation for dodging and freezing for holding enemies that cant be juggled).

freezing is subjective since it wont exactly work in parties but teleport and reincarnation are still there.

I mean, look at rogue who also wears leather and her only survival is shining cut dodging or vagabond (leather) who has literally nothing besides maybe triple slash running, we are fairly fine on the defensive spectrum compared to many other clases.

turning GM into a huge ice defensive golem kind of kills the whole point of fast-spaced combo mobile multi-hit ice martial artist who gets in and unleashes pain. then teleports away to re-position with arrows, it just feels wrong.

Also raging water pillars and highly leveled ice chain awakening already pulls and positions frozen enemies in the center of your skill.

7. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    I don't really consider glacial masters as glass cannons, on the spectrum of characters (barring full ov sets) we don't really hit that hard or as many enemies in short period of time as other classes, which is why increased defensive options would be nice.

We aren't nukers or a pure combo class but a hit and run class, so things we need buffed should revolve around that style. Hitting and running gives enemies more time to breath and more chances for enemies to move around and hit us. So larger range on our melee moves would be of great benefit, and so too defensive options.

If Ice Golem isn't good maybe we can get like ice skate awakening to increase our movespeed by a bunch?

8. Yeldo

How would a shield or movespeed buff GM in any way, lol. We have teleport rev up Passive and invicibility frames on GS, its all about how you use your GM. We do need more Y skills and bursty, we have already alot of low CDR options, an awakening Passive decreasing further enemies water resist while buffing some core skills like GS(more shards/damage) Windmill(Extra rotation/damage) Arrow(Charging shot/increased cast speed) ect... For one of the active hopefully something AoE similar to Nicholas black web but with snow further decreasing mdef/def and overtime damage giving GM some good party utilty.

9. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    I dunno if this was intended (it might be, cuz kunoichi class is heavily naruto inspired, i think the developers enjoy their anime/manga) but glacial master has pretty much the exact powers of someone in fairy tail.

10. Yeldo

Haha yes. I didn't even watch yet the video but GM had resembled me from Fairy Tail - Gray Full Buster since the very beginning. I mean they are 100% alike, same powers aside the purple skin. Gray has used every single skill (besides the awak) in the anime.:mmage::mmage::mmage::mmage:

[​IMG]
    ^Inc active lmfao

[​IMG]

^Inc 2nd awakening

11. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    I haven't really gotten into fairy tail yet (plan on marathoning the manga soon tho), but if GM is based off that character their new moves might come from his bag of tricks. It would also be pretty funny if one of the male mage subclasses was a natsu ripoff (part fire dragon).

12. Yeldo

I could totally support that, it would actually even fit the M.mage since they are so different from their F-counterparts.

[​IMG]

13. Bltzk

Well i would enjoy movespeed for faster repositioning.

14. keaton

Ice Aura kinda like Asura's.
    Buff where he summons weapons that change his x string, or make him shoot ice out of fists or something, just a better x string since it feels weird.
    Make the cube skills animations faster.
    2nd Awakening active impales all enemies on screen with ice spears that shoot out of the ground, then explosions or something who cares lmao
    Active that's an ice javelin that holds an enemy, unfreezable enemies fucking suck and we have no holds outside of ice trap, but we can't use that to deal damage.
    Buff to ice orb that gives it a bigger AoE, really hard to get the full effect.

15. Chatterlal Needs more swords

IGN:
    DeadWing
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Another idea is a passive to make his ice creations more mechanized. Like Ice Crusher = Mech hammer thing. Ice Arrow = compound bow with higher tech looking arrows. Perhaps instead of you running to them and wacking them with the bow, the arrows have ice wire things attached to them and you reel them in to you.

Another option is to make it so that the "area around me freezes lol" idea and make it go further. The ground around him freezes and he can skate on it so his base move is fast and his punches cause frozen chunks to go a little bit out of his fist or something. And troll thought: You could leave behind patches of ice that if someone steps on, they slip like they do in that one annoying dungeon (nightmare whatever)

Finally, a more realistic one would be they might continue the thought of "the abyss is freezing and taking over your body". Maybe his hand and arm or part of his entire body will be completely frozen over, but he can still move it. so it could act as ice armor or something along those lines. Just some more ideas

16. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    2nd awakening; glacial master becomes an ice logia and only haki can hurt him :Kappa:

17. Citric

The artist of that image (Who I believe is @Miek )
    As for changes, as others have said, make his skills faster, Ice Trap may be a utility skill, but it's still incredibly slow.
    I also wish they gave him a passive or something that allows Trap Strike and Ice Crash to grab frozen targets.
    And it'd be nice if they changed Wind Strike's animation to be more theme appropriate to the Glacial Master, or hell, even replace it with a launcher more similar to other classes.

18. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    I think it all of glacial master's moves (including their xxx) should be able to move frozen targets just for grouping purposes. I know they tried to fix some of that issue with frozen stuff when they made the spear charge variable and whatnot, but it feels more like a bandaid than an actual cure.

19. Skiptrace

Do we have an EX Active version of Grand Shatter? If we don't we should get one of our EX actives in 2nd Awakening to be a Grand Shatter type skill (Because Grand Shatter is already our best skill) and, I agree on the Ice Armor thing. I'd love to see a protective Ice Armor, and maybe something akin to Revenger from Rangers? As for our 2nd Awakening name we should make a new 1st Awakening name, and make Hell Freezer be our 2nd Awakening name. Something like Ice King or something like that. Because, nothing can top freezing over Hell... I mean, you can freeze a sun, but that's nothing compared to freezing over Hell...

20. Goldeneyes Cat Overlord

Ice armour sounds like a fantastic idea, also I would love to see a passive that gives him faster casting speed and maybe a little extra length on his basic attacks, because you know he would be able to manifest ice objects easier, and another possible skill could be GM makes a hail of ice spears from the sky then he impales his enemies with ice he makes underneath them, no idea what a third skill could be.....
    but I feel when GM goes into 2nd awk. he should follow his lore of 1st awk. somewhat and become less sympathetic and more brutal with his attacks since it says that "A cold heart is all that is left after their change so drastically.
    They become more and more detached from others.
    "
    also because it could give more leyway for skills he can have :P

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)