Get it straight: Damage modifiers, the guide, season 3

Discussion in 'Guides & Game Mechanics' started by Loriciferica, Apr 6, 2016.

1. GhostlyCrow

Guild:
    Salty
    Vilmark is definitely Smash (or +attack damage).

2. KingAmon

Cool, I was told this before but wasn't sure. Domo arigatou~

3. Dice_24K

Uh, apologies if this is a dumb question, but can poison/bleed damage that's damaging an enemy per tick crit? ._.;
    As in, the bleed/poison damage crits and they take more poison/bleed damage for that tick...
    I don't think so, but I wanna ask to confirm. @_@;

4. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I read somewhere that Brawler's poison and bleed ticks can crit but i would like someone else to confirm.

5. Phenir

Yes, they have a passive called overstrain that allows their poison/bleed damage to "crit" for 20% more damage. In practice, it's displayed as an extra smaller number similar to elenore damage. Unsure if it is affected by crit smash, probably not.

6. CryoTyrfing Curious

@Psycho K , the formula posted on the first page doesn't seem to account for an enemy's flat defense value, only their defense %? As far as I'm aware enemies have both a defense value and % damage reduction no? Trying to do some math using said formula.

7. Psycho K Keeper of Territory

I'll just quote what I said to someone else:

I don't know much about converting an estimated defense percentage into an actual fixed damage value. It would be really useful to do this when doing stuff in training center. Maybe the creator of that cited thread knows something about that.

8. Kheffin Bow down before the god of RNG.

Percent reduction = D / (D+200L)
    D= numerical (flat) defense, L = Attacker's level (86 for us currently)
    If you have the percent reduction, you can calculate the amount of flat defense an enemy has, and vice versa. Subtracting flat defense shreds from this value, then re-entering that into the formula will give you a new percent reduction.

Piercing reduction is something separate and is built into dungeon/dungeon difficulty. I have been told that the piercing reduction in raid (probably the most relevant currently) is 33%.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)