General PVP tips for a melee class -

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by moritsuna, Sep 6, 2016.

1. moritsuna

So my first 86 is a vanguard and I have halidom, good enough for PVP. Now, I am able to use common sense and past knowledge of PVP games, (mind games, continuing the juggle) but I was wondering what makes a player good at DFO PVP?

Often times I see people initiate with the launcher - but how long can you continue a damn combo in this game? For some classes, (slayer, monk) it seems like forever. Granted, these classes need this combos to do great damage (compared to something like launcher), and I'm pretty sure vanguard does too.

Are melee classes supposed to do long combos? Is the meta of this game for melee, just hit confirming (any skill) into a long string? Guess this is where I need to put in the practice.

2. Xerxesrage12 z

IGN:
    MooseMello
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Server:
    Cain
    All classes can do long combos in this game, not a single class is really separated from that fact. Certain skills can confirm into combos and some are used purely for damage purposes. Male Striker being an example where two of his cubes are used for solely that fact (Dragon Kick and Close Kick). As for what makes a player good at DFO PvP:

Here's an excellent display of neutral game from both melee class players that's one of my favorites due to being a Fighter main myself. They're both trying to pressure the other player into throwing out a skill to counter or waiting for a slip-up to punish for making a mistake. Yet, they both continue to respect each other throughout the match knowing their character's strengths and weaknesses. Hit confirming is one thing, but getting in a position to gain that opportunity with a melee class is another. This match, to me personally, shows what makes a player good at DFO PvP from a melee player's standpoint.

As for combos, yes they can be long depending on your gear vs your opponent's gear most of the time. If you're on par with gear spec's then combos should last about 8-12 seconds maybe. Practice makes perfect in this game with combos just as any other PvP game. Once you learn BnBs you'll know them like the back of your hand basically. Combos aren't very hard or difficult at all to perform for maybe all classes. Just takes time to expand your combos after you learn a sequence really. Hope this helps you understand a bit!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. moritsuna

I am tempted to play a launcher or mechanic in PVP even though it's easier, but thats the thing - even though it's easier will it be fulfilling? lmao. I guess I need to "hit the lab".

Last time I did was for marvel vs capcom lol

4. Xerxesrage12 z

IGN:
    MooseMello
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Server:
    Cain
    I wouldn't consider those classes easier than others at all. They take less effort for sure, but still difficult to win with against players who are familiar with the matchup. As for fulfilling, I think that's up for you to decide.

And labbing is pretty much what I do and it's got me really far in DFO PvP.

5. JonJonTheDon BOUGHT MY BITCH HER OWN CRIB, CALL THAT A DOGHOUSE

IGN:
    JonJon
    Guild:
    Migos
    Server:
    Cain
    vanguard sucks bro, play male grappler.

6. moritsuna

On that note, i was interested in male grappler but stylewise I don't like the fact that his "grabs" are basically just taekwondo animations. Would be so awesome to have him as an actual grabbing martial artist like Judo or Jiujitsu. But, Korea is #1 so..

7. Puni

spacing neutral game reactions reads and hitconfirms.
    combos r ez

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)