General Grappler Discussion.

Discussion in 'Grappler' started by NunuCake, May 20, 2014.

1. Altana Professional DingleDorf

In short, if your parties DPS is really bad, yes.

This question always depends on the math of the parties DPS. For example if grab mastery + items gives you 10 percent more bonus damage, you need to compare that 10 percent to your own damage increase. If that 10 percent bonus damage to each of these DPS adds more than you would gain by equipping DPS gear, then you should be stay support.

It's hard to measure this since dps in dfo is so situational and if you're focusing on necksnap/max fling duration holding your party will probably just benefit from more support.

2. RaWrZor

With the rework which epic is BiS now for Grapplers, I have Infin gaunt, berserk, RR.

3. Altana Professional DingleDorf

Of those three:

For party play that has DPS, IIG wins.
    For any group where you do almost all the damage or are solo or have any smash gear on Berserk is top damage.
    If are doing a fight where you don't expect to rack up the hits to charge Berserk (rare, but think anton battlefield), RR.

Edit: Note that better or worse is usually by a few percent with these three. They're all top tier weapons giving over 50 percent bonus damage on average.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  4. AliasZ

IGN:
    AliasN, bbyNen
    Server:
    Cain
    Is IIG still comparable to RR/Berserk after the changes to unstoppable grab making it swappable?

5. Altana Professional DingleDorf

No, after the upcoming fgrap changes IIG falls way out of favor.

6. AliasZ

IGN:
    AliasN, bbyNen
    Server:
    Cain
    Is blooming black smoke worth using even if I'm not going shadow damage?

7. It is still the highest base attack sub equip other than Infinite sub equip, AFAIK. And since the prices are still plummeting from all the raids out there...

8. Altana Professional DingleDorf

Strong Arm Spirits are 20m now~ It's never been cheaper for new people to pick up support Fgrap. (Or for people to prepare for the swappening)

9. Even before the swapping, it's a good alterantive to liberation weapon. The damage should be similar from last time I calculated it (cant' remember exactly) before the unstoppable changes, and for obvious reasons you need it after.
    Also for people with +3 titles but no motion auras (or +2 titles and motion auras) this bead is godsend. It lets you hit +10 while keeping 6pc burst overload. Even if you have both, get it so you can equip a tainted piece for that 1pct point. Just put it on a burst overload piece and wait for the changes.
    I think it's a pretty good battle enchant right now due to the +1 unstoppable levels, but isn't worth it after the changes.

10. Gingerly

How much does the new legendary olympus bead change the gear we use for buff swapping Unstoppable Grab (when we are able to)?

11. AliasZ

IGN:
    AliasN, bbyNen
    Server:
    Cain
    Optimal swap:
    15% from strong arm spirit
    +3 from rare ava top/plats
    +3 title
    +1 high tech ring
    +1 pet
    +1 GT pants
    +1 olympus bead/motion aura plat

So basically you need either an olympus bead or motion aura plat to optimally swap unstoppable grab

12. Technically optimal swap will use BOTH olympus bead and motion aura plat to put on anotehr tainted piece isntead of GT or ring, for another 1pct. Or have that 90 epic aura on a teammate.

13. Wing

How can I get like this

14. That video. The man has ~4K str in his DG setup, 4.5K in his lvl 90 light armor setup, and I'm not sure for his NG setup, without a sader. Christ, I wonder what his amps are.

15. Altana Professional DingleDorf

It has a lot to do with the level 90 power creep as well. The new accessories/earrings all have a ton of stats. He probably doesn't need much more than +11 or +12 amps to hit that str.

Edit: Latest time is better~ :D Sadly I don't think there's much room for improvement until I get some gear upgrades... mostly in the form of anton to drop a sub or mstone.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016

16. An Fgrapp soloing awakened anton leg w/ NG, Savior weapon, infinite ring and bracelet, Caprim Amper necklace, graphite sub equip, rosetta stone, and I don't know the necklace. Seems his main amps are +12 on graphite, +11 and +12 on the infinite accs, +12 on the savior weapon, and +7 on one of the NG pieces. He also has a video of him doing it in a similar setup but with DG.

Gotta keep dreamiiiiiing

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  17. Altana Professional DingleDorf

Just wait till 90 cap and run a bunch of hellmodes again, you'll get there.

18. Kajitii

IGN:
    Kajitii
    So... I finally got IIG.

Fk u IIG. This isn't a matter of playing hard-to-get just so I can like you more. You waited so long, that even Tiger Chain Gauntlets swooped in to be showered in my love before you even thought about saying hello to me. Heck, I have a pair of Berserks! And not just one Savior, not two, but THREE Savior weapons! Even Mamibar and the supposed "bastard" weapon known as Meme Raider in my circle of friends have gotten love and use. Even Russian Roulette, who has nasty issues of playing with RNG all the time (ugh), I have grown to love and embrace.

Honestly IIG, you dun goofed. You fking dun goofed so bad. You know what care and love you get from me? NONE!! Get out of my fking sight!

It shall forever collect dust in my safe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • List
  19. Meanwhile I want to trash my tiger chain so I can use a smash mod bracelet for once :V

20. Duck Suburban Strangler

I believe in you(r luck)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)