General F Grappler Matchup thread

Discussion in 'Grappler' started by Miridia, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Miridia #1 Technical Forehead

I'd like to start this so we can educate other grapplers about matchups, what you need to do in certain situations.

Here's a good example of how to play the crusader matchup.

2. marlymar

great stuff man hope to see some more match up content

3. FateZero

i see, so tactic is waste time backpedlaing till UG gets out cd. good that the crusader was so damn bad.

This is how you actually play tonfa grappler>

4. Miridia #1 Technical Forehead

Get that old, useless footage out of here. None of that applies. Posting a video of a grappler using knuckles in 2011 (Fair Arena) is really not going to help anyone learn about the crusader matchup, or any other matchup in 2015 period.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  5. FateZero

And what exactly changed about combos and openers, the video you posted just feels like a lowbie chesing because he doesnt know engage.

And how the hell ur damage is so low? i hit 76k whit WCS

6. Miridia #1 Technical Forehead

You obviously don't know anything about grapplers at all. You can't approach Crusader at all because of GWL beating every approach you have. Bubble nullifies everything you do. You can't kill sader with grappler, because they will outheal you with 45, revive, and kill you. You have to play hyper defensive or you lose, period. My WCS didn't do damage because my gear sucks. Also plate armor. Also sader buff.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. JonJonTheDon BOUGHT MY BITCH HER OWN CRIB, CALL THAT A DOGHOUSE

IGN:
    JonJon
    Guild:
    Migos
    Server:
    Cain
    i don't play grappler but im pretty sure you have way more options than your saying you do.
    I don't kno anything about grapplers , but i think their unstoppable grab buff makes their grabs super armor. which i'm only assuming would beat GWL.
    And i think you could use nenshots when they have bubble on or leap and jump+tornado kick away. I'd assume thats an option. You might not want to buff your unstoppable before they buff bubble or i think its just a waste.
    you can seismic after they use GWL.
    and i think u can crouch GWL in a certain spot. as for dmg, u can just extend ur combos to put out more dmg since gravity goes by percentage damage.
    but i think u already kno these things.
    i think those are some options. don't quote me tho.

8. Miridia #1 Technical Forehead

We need 86 cap for enough SP to invest into max WCS and to get Nenshot as well when we get all in one patch. Blades of Purity beats out crouch, so they can just use it after GWL with no punish.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. marlymar

nice analysis miridia. im hoping we do get that 86 cap cause wat ur saying makes a lot of sense vs sader. i have no idea how to use crouch though T_T any tips for me?

10. Miridia #1 Technical Forehead

Yeah man, I can try to make a video about it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)