Gameplay Differences

Discussion in 'Lancer' started by ubertrance, Aug 22, 2016.

1. ubertrance Loafing Around

IGN:
    Kurlia
    What are the major differences in gameplay between the two subclasses? Is one objectively considered "better"?

I'm a PvE guy so is there one that works towards that better? The lancer seems cool to play

2. Vaginasong

IGN:
    Ravenscroft
    Guild:
    Homu
    Server:
    Cain
    From what I gather after reading up about them:

Skirmisher is the quick and speedy combo dude, makes images/ghosts of himself and combos with them
    Vanguard is the slow but powerful dude, big range, hard hits, TESTOSTERONE

Vanguard is considered the best cause he outputs more damage with less gear.
    Skirmisher is like a Ranger who only has good damage if you have some crazy gear.

Both don't do so good until their second awakenings.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Cit. Needed Cit. Needed x 1
    • List
  3. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    Simply put, the Vanguard uses more burst oriented wide slash aoe's connecting skills with a form of bonus attack called "Smash". The Vanguard is more liked because of it's high burst qualities.

Skirmishers are the other end of the spectrum in that they're more focussed on keeping opponent's at a fair distance with long range melee dps and having mirages for utility to provide better offense/defense measures to dodge or stack skills over one another.

In the end, you should make the one that looks funner to play, gear should always come after the fact you realize you enjoy the class as both subs for Demonic Lancer's are very fun and have their own pros/cons. For example the Vanguard lacks a reliable short cooldown superhold while the Skirmisher lacks in having 1 hit high % skills. Just look up some youtube videos of "Duelist"(prior name to the Skirmisher) and Vanguard gameplay and you'll find many running ancient dungeons and end game content to judge yourself which is more your style.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)