Full Support Crusader Guide

Discussion in 'Crusader' started by tomtom, Jun 29, 2015.

1. tomtom watev

Please look at this now updated guide instead GUIDE

6/29 - created
    6/30 - added some ov videos to specific dungeon guides section
    7/9 - added some more ov videos with gimmick cheesing
    7/10 - added titles section
    7/22 - added some more OV stuff, updated accessories, removed junk
    7/23 - added consumables section, good thing I reserved a post. General format improvement
    7/24 - DI scaling info, Strike scaling info, a lot of my equipment pictures disappeared.

Hello, and welcome to my full support crusader guide. Now, the reason you're here is because you have decided to play the class known as Crusader, meaning you're a compassionate player, always seeking to improve the strengths and experiences of your fellow party members. Or because you realize adding over 3000 str/int in stats to 4 players is pretty OP. Or because you just felt like playing sader...
    Before and After
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Well either way, this is THE class to play for at least 2 more years until the other classes can do end-game dungeons efficiently without relying on the big burly crusader buffing them up. Yeah, I'm talking about Anton, even though he's not out yet for DFOG. When reading the skill section, there may be several comments with the basic message "don't take this skill" or "this skill is a must". These are all based on personal preference and do not have to be followed if you believe my argument is not concrete enough.

Some terms to know:
    SOP - Sign of Protection
    LoD - Light of Divinity
    WB - Wisdom Blessing
    FoL - Fountain of Life
    Not sure what else I used.

SkillSP CostDescription/Thoughts
    Quick Rebound
    [​IMG]
    10After you're knocked down, use the skill to enter a crouched animation. You are invulnerable for up to 3 seconds, depending on how long you hold the skill key (default jump). When you let go of the key, you gain super armor for 0.3 seconds. This skill is extremely useful, allowing you to dodge several attacks after being knocked down and using it, or by abusing the iframes by purposefully knocking yourself down and then using it. Also it's super cheap. A must on every class
    Leap
    [​IMG]
    20Temporarily increase jump height (+20%). At level 1, the duration is 10 seconds and it is increased by 5 seconds for every extra level. I suggest not getting it, there're other better skills to get.
    Focus: Physical Critical
    [​IMG]
    20Each level increases your physical critical percentage by 1%. First of all, you're not physical. Second of all, your main focus is to increase your party's damage rather than your own. Don't get it.
    Focus: Magical Critical
    [​IMG]
    20Each level increases your magical critical percentage by 1%. There are other skills that are better for supporting with so don't get this.
    Physical Rear Attack
    [​IMG]
    20Each level increases your physical critical percentage by 1.5% when you attack a mob from the back. There are other skills that are better for supporting with so don't get this.
    Magical Rear Attack
    [​IMG]
    20Each level increases your magical critical percentage by 1.5% when you attack a monster from the back. There are other skills that are better for supporting with so don't get this.
    Ancient Memory
    [​IMG]
    25Increases intelligence by a certain amount for 20 seconds. Each level adds 15 to the added intelligence. There are other skills that are better for supporting with so don't get this.
    Indomitable Spirit
    [​IMG]
    25Adds a buff which gives a chance of giving you super armor when you cast. The first level increases the duration by 10 seconds and chance by 10%. The following levels increase the duration by 5 seconds and the chance by 10%. Seems good since you're casting a lot but you have LoD which is better in more ways that it is worse when compared to Indomitable Spirit.
    Throw Mastery
    [​IMG]
    25Increases damage of certain thrown items by 10% with each level. You might throw stuff, but that's usually not for damage. Don't take the skill.

Smasher
    [​IMG]
    15Grabs a mob, dashes forward, and then throws it. While dashing, you have iframes. Default level is 1 and 1 level is all you need to have full use of its utility. Leave it at 1.
    Giant Weapon Launcher
    [​IMG]
    20Swings your weapon in a large arc around you, launching targets in front of you and grounding enemies behind you. Grants super armor during the attack. Default level is 1 and 1 is all you need for the super armor effect/launch effect, which is the main reason you should be using it aside from general damage reasons.
    Strike
    [​IMG]
    15Increases physical weapon attack, strength, and hit rate of an ally. The higher your vitality, the higher the strength and physical weapon attack bonus is. Max this because it's a buff. All allies can use the buff because of the hit rate it gives even if they don't really use physical/strength
    Wisdom Blessing
    [​IMG]
    15Increases magical attack, and int of an ally. The amount that the stats are increased by depend on your spirit. It's another buff so you should take it.
    Slow Heal
    [​IMG]
    15Heals an ally while also increasing the ally's spirit and vitality for its duration. I suggest maxing this skill because this is the most efficient SP for ST heal and its increase vitality/spirit effect is useful for improving your own buffs.
    Lucky Straight Punch
    [​IMG]
    15Delivers a straight punch that hits multiple times (3 times). The last hit has an increased critical rate. It's good for moving around and all you need is 1 level in it, so leave it at level 1.
    Cure
    [​IMG]
    15Remove abnormal statuses from teammates around you. More levels in this means more ailments cured, higher level ailments cured, and a lower cooldown.
    Second Uppercut
    [​IMG]
    15This one is probably debated. I like the skill because it hits enemies that are OTG and picks them up slightly, allowing your party to continue juggling him. Also I didn't really have anything else to put SP in so I took it. 1 level is enough to utilize its pickup ability.
    Furious Grab
    [​IMG]
    15Summons a hand that hits an enemy, then attempts to grab the enemy. Has a chance of immobilizing the enemies. Not too useful because the immobilize chance is based on the skill level meaning you would have to go all the way into utilizing it at higher levels. Leave it at 1.
    Rising Emblem
    [​IMG]
    25Creates a circle in front of you that launches enemies after a short time. The launch isn't that high if the enemy is on the ground and considering second uppercut only has a 2 second cooldown means you don't need this skill.
    Phoenix Hammer
    [​IMG]
    20Jumps up then comes crashing down with your weapon, creating a shockwave that deals damage and knocks down enemies. You can also slightly move when you're in the air to change your landing position. The cool part of this skill is that there are iframes once you hit the ground, the skill can be used literally whenever so the iframes can be used and abused whenever. That's why I take 1 in the skill.
    Painful Rapture
    [​IMG]
    15Sacrifices HP to recover MP. If you're an avenger it also replenishes your demon gauge. But you're not an avenger and you don't have mana problems.

Grace of Protection
    [​IMG]
    80/20Increases vitality and spirit. As a full support crusader, you're always looking to max these stats, so max this skill.
    Sign of Protection
    [​IMG]
    20Increase physical defense, magical defense, vitality, and spirit when cast on an ally. Also transfers part of the damage that the ally takes to the crusader. The buff will disappear after its duration has expired or after a certain amount of damage has been transferred. Higher vitality = higher physical defense, higher spirit = higher magical defense. This is another must considering the buff increases your vitality and spirit even more.
    Divine Invocation
    [​IMG]
    30Increase strength and intelligence of all party members within range. This is the skill that you are best known for. The bonuses get pretty crazy and add about a third of your spirit as intelligence and a third of your vitality as strength. Must max.
    Fountain of Life
    [​IMG]
    50Places a buff that slowly heals the ally and the ally gives off an aura that increases attack speed, movement speed, and hit recovery. If the ally dies, the buff is then consumed to restore part of the ally's health. Higher vitality means higher hp recovery. Extremely useful skill that can save you from unknown threats or instant wipes. More levels = more uses per dungeon.
    Fast Heal
    [​IMG]
    25Quickly regenerates an ally's health. The heal depends on the skill levels and the caster's vitality. I suggest 1 level because it is a prerequisite for healing wind. Why 1 level? All it does is heal people, costs 25 sp compared to slow heal's 15 sp, and heals less than half of what slow heal heals at all levels.
    Healing Wind
    [​IMG]
    60Heals all allies in the skill's range, restoring both hp and mp and creates a protective barrier. The higher your vitality the higher the hp heal, the higher your spirit, the higher the mp heal. The barrier strength depends on your vitality and spirit totaled together. The barrier can be life saving, the heals are also nice. I suggest maxing it.
    Heaven's Melody
    [​IMG]
    20Increases the max HP and MP of the selected ally depending on the caster's vitality and spirit. Also maintains the hp/mp ratio. Higher max health is useful for dungeons that deal huge chunks of damage, in fact, sometimes my party is supposed to get wiped but we don't because we have over 100,000 hp. Must max in my opinion.
    Heaven's Harmony
    [​IMG]
    100/10Turns heaven's melody into an AOE buff. Increases the hp/mp bonus of heaven's melody (percentage based). This is the real reason heaven's melody can increase your party's hp/mp to other heaven. I suggest maxing this.
    Blades of Purity
    [​IMG]
    15You make a cross with your arms and that deals light damage, can immobilize the target, and debuffs the target's light resistance. More of a damage skill, I suggest leaving it at 1.
    Deflection Wall
    [​IMG]
    30Create a wall that deals light damage to enemies when it is created, blocks long ranged attacks, and slowly moves forward. Higher levels = more hp for the wall and a higher duration. Technically, you only need 1 level for the wall utility, however higher levels let it survive for longer. At least 5 is necessary for pressure wall.
    Spear of Victory
    [​IMG]
    20Creates a spear that is throw forward and pierces enemies. It also holds the enemy for a short time. I suggest getting at least 1 in the skill because it can reset enemies that are on the ground.
    Righteous Judgement
    [​IMG]
    55Create a large circle in front of you which is then stabbed with blades of light repeatedly, finally ending with a huge explosion. I don't like this skill because the spear appearance rate is not high enough to fully hitstun the mobs in side the pentacle meaning they can just walk out of it. Also, before the part before the large explosion nothing happens so a mob can definitely walk outside if there is no other cc.
    Light of Divinity
    [​IMG]
    25Gives an ally a shield that absorbs a set amount of physical damage. The ally also does not flinch when hit by a physical attack until the shield breaks. At level 22 it absorbs 11232 damage which is a good amount. Its pseudo-health against physical attacks. It also can be casted on yourself to prevent most attacks from interrupting your buffing procedure.
    Revenge of Light
    [​IMG]
    25Increased magic defense of a selected ally. When the ally deals or takes magic damage, there's a chance that the target will be struck by lightning. When a crusader uses any offensive crusader skill, there's a chance a nearby target will be struck by lightning. Lightning has a chance to inflict shock, however the level is based on the level of the skill. It's an all, 1, or nothing skill. I suggest 1 because there are better skills and having the skill just to interrupt attackers when you're getting attacked or for the extra hitstun is useful. The chance is extremely high even at 1.
    Spiritual Sacrifice
    [​IMG]
    25Reduce your vitality and spirit for strength, intelligence, hit rate, and casting speed. When you die, you recover your allies' hp/mp depending on your vitality and spirit. Just no. You're giving up vitality and spirit. You might as well get the next skill if you want more strength and intelligence. Casting speed shouldn't be a problem for you.
    Grace of Courage
    [​IMG]
    80/20Increase your spirit and intelligence. I'd suggest 1 level because it's a prerequisite for other skills.
    Flash Sphere
    [​IMG]
    35Launches a sphere that moves forward slowly dealing damage to all enemies. After a certain duration it explodes and has a chance to stun any nearby enemy facing it. The stun level is based on the skill level. I suggest 5 points in it because it's a nice skill and 5 is the prerequisite for its older brother.
    Hammer of Repentance
    [​IMG]
    45Slam a giant hammer down that hits enemies. Enemies that are hit have a chanced to be put in a state of Repentance, this means they will fight for you until the state wears off. Effects are lessened on boss, champion, named, and hell monsters. This is a pretty cool skill, and is generally useful. It's an sp dump for me really.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  2. tomtom watev

Apocalypse
    [​IMG]
    0The skill is automatically leveled up as you level. Creates an area that buffs your party's strength, intelligence, physical defense, magical defense, attack speed, and movement speed for a set amount of time, then attacks a slightly smaller area with lasers and finishes with an explosion. The bonuses are dependent on your vitality and spirit.
    Aura of Conviction
    [​IMG]
    45You have an aura that increases strength, intelligence, vitality, and spirit for nearby party members. The vitality and spirit bonus is higher when you are closer to 100% hp. When you are closer to 0% hp, the strength/int bonus is higher. I suggest maxing this skill because it's another way to increase your vitality and spirit.
    Flash Shrapnel
    [​IMG]
    70Same thing as flash sphere but with a lower hit interval and when it explodes, it creates several smaller spheres that also explode, hence the name shrapnel.
    Pressure Wall
    [​IMG]
    60Create 2 walls that are slightly apart and come together and explode when they crash. It's the same thing as deflection wall except for the explosion and one of the walls moves backwards.

Note: All TP skills need their respective skills to be at least level 10 to be used.

SkillTP CostDescription/Thoughts
    Basic Training Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    1Increases the effects of basic training by 10% per level. I only have 1 in this because its a dump.
    Giant Weapon Launcher Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    1Increase the attack of GWL by 8% per level. You shouldn't have 10 levels in GWL.
    Smasher Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    2Decreases the dash collision attack by 20%, increases the physical attack by 20% and collision count by 3. You shouldn't have 10 levels in smasher.
    Second Uppercut Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    1Increases damage by 8%.
    Rising Emblem Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    1Increases attack strength by 8% and launch strength by 3%.
    Cure Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    1For each level, whenever you cast cure, everyone cured has increased abnormal status resistance by 5% per level. You might as well get this there's not much else to get.
    Slow Heal Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    1When you cast Slow Heal, the person's spirit/vitality is increased by a percentage of their own. Extremely useful for increasing your own spirit/vitality and therefore increasing the strength of your buffs.
    Lucky Straight Punch Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    1Increases Lucky Straight Punch's damage by 8%.
    Phoenix Hammer Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    1Increases Phoenix Hammer's damage by 8% and also increases mobility while in the air.
    Furious Grab Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    1Increase Furious Grab's damage by 8%.
    Spear of Victory Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    2Each level increases the attack by 10% and the hold duration by 0.25 seconds. I like this because of the hold utility.
    Revenge of Light Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    2Increase Revenge of Light's damage by 10%. Also adds a 6% for a lightning bolt to proc for physical attacks.
    Hammer of Repentance Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    2Increases the damage of Hammer of Repentance by 10% and the Repentance chance for normal and boss monsters by 10%.
    Flash Sphere Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    2Decreases multi-hit interval by 10%, post-cast delay by 10%, and increases damage by 10%.
    Blades of Purity Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    2Increases damage by 10%, immobilization by 5%, and the cast speed by 5%.
    Deflection Wall Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    2Increases damage and health of the wall by 10%.
    Righteous Judgement Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    2Decreases hit interval and duration by 7% and increases attack strength by 10%.
    Crashing Cross Upgrade
    [​IMG]
    2Increases the cross's projectile speed by 5%, the damage by 10%, and the buff duration by 7%.
    Strike/Wisdom Blessing/Sign of Protection Upgrades
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    5Turns the buffs into AOE buffs and adds 10% to the duration. This simplifies your buffing experience and allows you to buff everyone instantly at the start of the dungeon. Disclaimer instantly as in everyone will be buffed at the same time. No more "ok I'll give myself SOP, the monk strike, and the witch wisdom blessing then I'll strike the striker and wisdom bless myself blah blah". Just press the button and they're all buffed. It's really a preference thing, but there's not much else to put tp into.

When you reach level 85, you should have 10770 SP and 36 TP to spend.

As a full support, some of the skills you definitely must max several skills to be a decent support. These skills are Strike, Wisdom Blessing, Grace of Protection, Sign of Protection, Divine Invocation, Fountain of Life, Healing Wind, Heaven's Melody, Heaven's Harmony, Light of Divinity, Aura of Conviction, Cure, and Quick Rebound.

When you max these out, you should have:

Strike: 41
    Wisdom Blessing: 36
    Grace of Protection: 24
    Sign of Protection: 31
    Divine Invocation: 28
    Fountain of Life: 23
    Healing Wind: 21
    Slow Heal: 1
    Fast Heal: 1
    Heaven's Melody: 33
    Heaven's Harmony: 17
    Aura of Conviction: 13
    Light of Divinity: 21
    Cure: 8
    Quick Rebound: 1

And still have 2730 SP left over.

Now, you should make sure you have at least 10 in Slow Heal to be able to get the TP skill. This means you will have 2595 SP left over. Now, it's really up to personal taste. What I like is

Phoenix Hammer: 1
    Spear of Victory: 10 (for ex upgrade)
    Deflection Wall: 5 (to unlock Pressure Wall)
    Pressure Wall: 1
    Hammer of Repentance: 23
    Revenge of Light: 1
    Second Uppercut: 1
    Grace of Courage: 1
    Flash Sphere: 5 (to unlock Flash Shrapnel)
    Flash Shrapnel: 1

This leaves me with 765 SP left over. Even though I got all these offensive skills, I still have SP left over. Now I max out Grace of Courage to boost my damage output, then dump the rest in Slow Heal resulting in

Grace of Courage: 24
    Slow Heal: 30

And 5 SP left over. Here's a recap of what I did.

Grace of Courage: 24
    Grace of Protection: 24
    Divine Invocation: 28
    Fountain of Life: 23
    Healing Wind: 21
    Fast Heal: 1
    Heaven's Melody: 33
    Heaven's Harmony: 17
    Aura of Conviction: 13
    Light of Divinity: 21
    Quick Rebound: 1
    Phoenix Hammer: 1
    Spear of Victory: 10
    Deflection Wall: 5
    Pressure Wall: 1
    Revenge of Light: 1
    Second Uppercut: 1
    Grace of Courage: 1
    Flash Sphere: 5 (to unlock Flash Shrapnel)
    Flash Shrapnel: 1

Now, let's talk about TP.

You can only get the upgrades for skills that are over level 10 (or cure at level 5). This means the only skill's upgrades I can get are

Spear of Victory: 10

Slow Heal Upgrade is a must max because of the increased vitality and spirit it gives you, so that's 5 TP gone.
    Spear of Victory is a must max because of the increased hold duration, so that's 10 TP gone.

I like to get Strike and Wisdom Blessing because I find the AOE buff makes my life a lot easier. Is it important to get the Sign of Protection Upgrade though? While it is an AOE buff, look at what it add: 4000 magical/physical defence, 100 vitality/spirit, and "blocks" 4000 damage. The vitality/spirit bonuses give around 3000 HP and 1000 MP, which are not that large. Therefore, I avoid getting the Sign of Protection Upgrade.
    So that's another 10 TP gone to Strike and Wisdom Blessing upgrades.

Now with 11 TP left, it's quite obvious what to go for: Hammer of Repentance upgrade. Repentance is a status that only Crusaders can inflict and it is quite unique and useful.
    That's another 10 TP gone to Hammer of Repentance Upgrade.
    Now dump 1 TP into Cure Upgrade because there's nothing else apart from Basic Training Upgrade.

My build: Here

In general, you want to focus on crosses because they give vitality and spirit bonuses. Also, don't limit yourself to one cross because remember switching equipment during a dungeon is a thing.

Priest's Judgement - Level 60

The main reason you want this cross is the DI +3, which is actually the highest DI outside of epics/legendaries for now I believe.

Legacy: Avent Excuse Cross - Level 70

I like to use this cross as my default cross. The main reason is because it gives the highest vit/spr out of all the crosses and also gives +1 to all skills between 1 and 70.

Essence Hidden Cross of Ramnu - Level78

It's not just DI +2 but the chance to have DI +4 or DI +5.

Boiling Trace of Rotten Blood - Level 80

Chance to increase your spirit/vitality even further when casting wisdom blessing/strike and chance to increase strength/intelligence when casting DI.

Deep-rooted Cross - Level 80

Great skill bonuses

Labarum - Level 85

Increased vitality and spirit when you're low on health, DI +4, and chance for free LoD when you're casting.

Remember switching equipment is a thing!
    Legacy: Holy Titanium Armor of Ista - Level 50

DI +2, the most you'll get out of a single piece of armor I think.

The answer is always magic seals for general armor. They will give you the most vitality/spirit when rolled correctly.
    When you get to it, OV set bonuses will usually outvalue stacking spirit/vitality.
    More soon

Remember switching equipment is a thing!
    Again, for accessories, magic sealed is the general way to go for most spirit/vitality.
    For my sister.

A boss pink that gives a huge spirit bonus compared to other necklaces. Also, who doesn't like free light damage element? Well some people but it doesn't matter unless elements matter.

Again, OV set bonuses will outvalue those stats.

Hat Avatar - Spirit
    Hair Avatar - Spirit
    Face Avatar - Abnormal Status Resist
    Top Avatar - DI
    Torso Avatar - Abnormal Status Resist
    Waist Avatar - Up to you
    Bottom Avatar - Up to you
    Shoes Avatar - Vitality

Red Emblem - Vit or Spr
    Yellow Emblem - Casting Speed/Movement Speed
    Green Emblem - Evasion
    Blue Emblem - Movement Speed
    Multicolored - Movement Speed/Vit/Spr

Multicolored is totally up to you but I like going quickly or having the best buffs so I suggest those emblems.

In general, look for titles with vitality, spirit, and maybe movement speed/abnormal status resistance or skill levels. DI skill levels probably outvalue most stat bonuses.

Fishing Champion

Nice Vitality/Spirit bonus. Obtained from clearing the quest "Fishing Champion."

Supercharged

Good spirit bonus. Obtained from clearing the quest "Logistics Officer."

Romanticist

Huge vitality bonus, movespeed bonus, and nice bonuses. Obtained from clearing the quest "Romance in the Old Screaming Cavern."

I'm Level 85

Good Spirit/Vitality bonus, obtained for reaching level 85. The exo parameter is also useful, meaning this title might be the best for you in OV depending on your stats.

Smooth Moves

Good Spirit/Vitality bonus, obtained for successfully completing Void Rift's floor order pattern 50 times.

Blood Donor

Decent Vitality/Spirit bonus and movement speed bonus. Obtained for keeping your party alive during Despairing Tiamat's hair grab thingy (Dark Side room 2) 10 times.

Shadowless Kick

Good Spirit/Vitality bonus, obtained for completing floor 28 for Tower of Despair.

Black Panther

Good Spirit/Vitality bonus, obtained for completing floor 43 for Tower of Despair.

Three Wishes

Good Spirit/Vitality bonus, obtained for completing floor 59 for Tower of Despair. Also has a chance to increase stats when attacking or when attacked but the stats are not that important for a support sader.

Sure Shot 6

Good Spirit/Vitality bonus, obtained for completing floor 73 for Tower of Despair.

Training Officer

Good Spirit/Vitality bonus, obtained for completing floor 88 for Tower of Despair.

New Sword

Good Spirit/Vitality bonus but at certain intervals, obtained for completing floor 100 for Tower of Despair.

Blue Wave /Blue Wave (prime)

Probably the largest spirit/vitality bonus on a title so far, prime isn't really important as it only adds town movement speed. Randomly obtained from the title box that is part of the Hot Summer 2015 set.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  3. tomtom watev

As a FS sader, you better have a party, or else clearing dungeons will be slow and boring. Don't worry, you probably won't die unless there's a time limit.

General buff rotation
    SOP -> Slow Heal -> Strike/WB/DI
    Why?
    SOP only adds a flat amount of spirit/vitality. Slow heal adds a percent of your spirit/vitality, therefore you use slow heal when you have more spirit/vitality and SOP can be used whenever really. To be more clear, Sign of Protection will always add "X" vit/spr. Slow Heal will add a percent of your total spr/vit. Therefore, it is better to use Slow Heal after Sign of Protection because a percentage of [BASE VALUES] is always less than a percentage of [BASE VALUES + X], "X" being a positive number.

More specific buff rotation
    SOP -> Slow Heal -> Strike/WB -> Equipment Swap -> DI
    Why?
    I'm going out on a limb here and saying you have better equipment than PJ/ista. You switch after strike/wisdom blessing because you'll have lower vitality/spirit then. It's probably a really small difference but I'm picky. And because I'm really picky, I usually cast Strike, Wisdom Blessing, then Heaven's Melody before swapping and DI.

Oh yeah, don't forget RoL if you have it. After you finish the first rotation, feel free to stack 2 slow heals for extra vitality/spirit, but it's not much. Even at 2k spirit, I only gain around 60 spirit for the second slow heal.

Remember which skills scale with spirit/int. Try to cast slow heal/SOP before casting those skills, it could make a huge difference.

Use walls, grabs, and spears to group up enemies for your teammates if they need to be grouped. Use spears to pin down enemies. Use wall + flash sphere/shrapnel to push enemies along the sphere's path. Feel free to use your more offensive skills when enemies are getting hammered.

These videos omit general information all classes should know about OV and instead focuses on several specific things I do in OV in an attempt to make the dungeons easier.
    Goblin Kingdom

Castle Nebulous

Rangelus's Guerillas

Void Rift

Bakal's Castle

Dark Side

Cheaper strategies
    OV2

OV3

The rundown on cheaper strategies:
    In Goblin Kingdom room 5, you can use Healing Wind to block a significant amount of damage when oiling the machine or Phoenix Hammer for iframes.
    In Castle Nebulous room 2, giving the puppet masters the repent status through Hammer of Repentance makes it so they won't heal.
    In Castle Nebulous room 3, Healing Wind blocks all the lightning strike damage.
    In Void Rift room 2, giving the boss guy the repent status through Hammer of Repentance allows him to hit the glowing blocks, which will deal huge damage to him.
    In Void Rift room 3, you can instantly spear the monster three seconds after his first speech bubble appears. It's technically 5 seconds after you enter, but I find 3 seconds after speech bubble easier to count.
    In Void Rift boss room, you can hit the boss between each of the phases.
    In Bakal's Castle room 2, your spear can lock down the monster, preventing him from using anti-cube moves.
    In Bakal's Castle room 5, your wall can push the monster forward, allowing your party to touch him more easily.
    In Dark Side room 4, you can spear Micheal 5 seconds after entering, and right after his first phase. When he get back up, he'll be semi-transparent and that's when you throw the spear; he'll be hittable for a split second after that and by spearing him then, you keep him hittable for longer.

Spear upgrade is good, there is nothing else to get so get it! Your party will love you if you can perform these feats. It's like a holder and a support in one. Spearing when you enter the room should be something you master. Learn which monsters you can use Smasher to grab. Did you know you can grab Dark Side room 2's monster with Smasher? He's huge, but you have steroids.

You may have come across some Chronicle gear when doing OV. This type of gear provides bonuses to your Exorcism level, which will increase or decrease your stats based on its amount.

For each difficulty, you need a certain amount of Exorcism to avoid stat penalties. Having a surplus amount of Exorcism results in bonus stats, up to a whopping 20%, by having up to 10 Exorcism over these numbers. This means each point of Exorcism over the suggested minimum gives approximately a 2% stat boost.

DifficultyEasyMediumHardUltimate
    Suggested Exorcism104090110
    Minimum Exorcism for 20% bonus114499121
    Now comes the question of at what point does exorcism give less stats than flat stats. Most OV gear gives between 10-12 Exorcism. That means each "gives" between 20%-24% of your stats when you enter OV on hard. Take your in town statistics and multiply them by .20. That is the least amount of stats that one piece of Chronicle armor will give you. You should quickly realize that it is almost always the best to get Exorcism over stats. Therefore, you should always have the 20% bonuses when running OV.

Then comes another question about weapon switching. If you use a weapon to reach that 20% bonus and swap it for Priest's Judgement when you're casting DI, is it worth it? Or if you're using a Chronicle top and are swapping for Ista when casting DI, is it worth it? I ACTUALLY don't know. However, I just make sure that I have enough Exorcism without using a Chronicle weapon and only switch to Priest's Judgement when casting DI.

Oh boy, sets. You remember seeing all these people running around with full +10 legacies that they bought with the gold you didn't have, literally beating you in almost everything? Well guess what, here's something more overpowered that you can't (well you technically can with real money) buy - OV sets.

OV2 Sets
    Silent Prayer
    [​IMG]
    Divine Grace
    [​IMG]
    Bloody Baptism
    [​IMG]

OV3 Sets
    Vow of Silence
    [​IMG]
    Shout of Truimph
    [​IMG]
    Spiritual Revelation
    [​IMG]
    As a full support Crusader, you should always be looking for ways to maximize your teammate's power, followed by your own utility. A lot of people will always say Silent Prayer 6 and Bloody Baptism 3 because of the huge Strike/WB bonuses and spear buffs. Or more specifically:
    Strike: wep phys +38, wep hit rate +2%, duration +30%
    WB: wep mag +23, int +28, duration + 30%
    Fountain of Life: atk/mvmt speeds +2%
    Spear: size +20%, immobilize +20%
    Hammer: cooldown -20%, atk strength +10%
    And I totally agree with them. That's what you should get. However, recently I've been toying around with the idea of Spiritual Revelation 6 and Silent Prayer 3 because I love spear.

This is a section dedicated to cheap/useful consumables that I use sometimes when I play a crusader. First off, I do not use an HP/MP potions because they shouldn't be necessary when you have Slow Heal, Healing Wind and Heaven's Melody. This part of the guide can actually be applied to all classes because it is basically pointing out several potions/merchants you may have overlooked. Most of these items are purchased with materials that can be found while doing dungeons in the corresponding areas.

Silver Crown:
    Time Crystal
    [​IMG]
    Hey -10% cooldown for 3 minutes, not half bad. It also only costs one of those random fragments you picked up super early game. The only problem is the 30 minute cooldown.
    Active Crystal
    [​IMG]
    Whoa pretty nice bonuses, and only for that random crystal you picked up while doing low level dungeons!

Sewer:
    Goblin Haste Potion
    [​IMG]
    Wow even better than the active crystal... And only 1 old city legacy!
    Goblin Anesthetic Potion
    [​IMG]
    Super armor potion! For only 1 old city legacy!

Behemoth:
    Behemoth Nostrum
    [​IMG]
    Even better cooldown reduction potion.

Northern Shelter:
    Purified Iced Wall Fragment
    [​IMG]
    Even better cooldown reduction potion. Am I repeating myself?

The following items must be crafted by an Alchemist or bought:

Strange Powerful Vaccine:
    [​IMG]
    You already have some status resistance, now you have (almost) all the status resistance!

Skytree Nut (from Siusha):
    [​IMG]
    You think cure is the only thing you have to cure your party? These things are like little AOE cures; just throw on the afflicted and watch them be cleansed (note: I can only guarantee that it works on sleeping people)

Toy of Mysterious World:
    [​IMG]
    When you're cc'd, you can't cure. Cure yourself with this!

Mind Stimulant Potion:
    [​IMG]
    Almost the best in cooldown reduction potioning. Walls everywhere!

Super Armor Potion:
    [​IMG]
    Who needs LoD or Indomitable Spirit when you have 100% super armor uptime?

Immortality Formula:
    [​IMG]
    You don't usually take much damage, and with this, you're guaranteed to not take damage.

Sacred Blessing:
    [​IMG]
    Why Fountain of Life yourself when you have Sacred Blessings? (although you shouldn't be dying anyways)

Disclaimer: like all of my final formulas are off. At least they make a nice curvey shape. This means they're polys, powers, or exponentials probably. The data is included so you don't have to sit around with Pungjin if you don't want to for data.

Discalimer 2: I'm 70% sure all my formulas are wrong now. Will rework.

[​IMG]
    Looks weird. Now that I'm thinking about it, the points that are above the line are actually with DI level 29 since I equipped the legacy. After doing this, I realized that the vitality to strength and spirit to intelligence ratios were similar; they're probably supposed to be the same. So I did some testing on only vitality. The multiplier by X is basically the ratio of vitality/spirit to strength/int in the following pictures.

DI level 1
    [​IMG]

DI level 9
    [​IMG]

DI level 17
    [​IMG]

DI level 25
    [​IMG]

DI level 34
    [​IMG]

DI level VS Scaling Factor
    [​IMG]
    This is the "culmination" of what I have. This formula allows you to theoretically calculate the scaling at any level of DI. Let's pretend your DI is at level 99. All you have to do is plug in 99 as x and you get... 1.4761. This means that for every vitality/spirit you have, you will gain 1.4761 strength/intelligence.

I tested the general formula by plugging in 10 and getting .0877. With DI level 10 and 1742 vitality, that means I should get (1742 * .0877) = 152.7734 strength when casting DI. I ended up getting 195 strength which got me downed... Then I remembered to factor in the base amount which is 38. 195 - 38 is 157 which is somewhat close. I probably need more data...

Strike level 1
    [​IMG]

Strike level 10
    [​IMG]

Strike level 20
    [​IMG]

Strike level 30
    [​IMG]

Strike level 41
    [​IMG]

"Culmination"
    [​IMG]
    I didn't test this one. Oh yeah if you're not familiar with the notation 5E-05 is 5*10^-5 or like .00005

didnt do yet

Credits to:
    GodStr for being my Crusader
    Serapia for being in almost every OV party I do and insta clearing Void Rift room 5
    Neople for letting me player Crusader in an English environment again because I don't read Korean.
    every random I did OV with

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  4. BuckToothBob Let's Play: Kingdom Hearts

IGN:
    ZenTori
    Steam:
    ZenTori
    Guild:
    YeOldeSauce
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm questioning if we really need this. Besides this one, we have Ryan's guide, my own OV guide (that'll be updated), and the comprehensive community guide (that will also be updated). And really once my guides are updated, there really won't be much need for any others.

5. Ark From Pain, Awakening

6. tomtom watev

Well I noticed that your guide said you would update it during the 85/86 cap but it hasn't been updated yet so I thought I would make one (for now). I have no problem assimilating my guide with yours.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)