Female Ranger General Discussion

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by matt, May 20, 2014.

1. InterstellarGunslinger ☆ Super Star ☆

TBH you can bind any key to do anything. Just go to the menu with esc and click hotkeys. What I use for the ctrl button is called Skill 2 which used to be the space button.

2. pkChobo

IGN:
    Chobou
    Guild:
    Dream
    Server:
    Cain
    If you give me a bit I can nugol test you a +11 RfR with Gracia 6, Ray Decrease, and Bulky. And then another one with my FRangers current epic setup.

Though I have to say Gracia times seem absolutely underwhelming, I'm not sure if thats just me. Any Gracia users able to chime in real fast for me?

3. Stylish

Yeah they're pretty underwhelming. Male Ranger, but comparison should be decent enough. Tested with +11 Silver Bullet, 210 Light in town, no doping, no Salaime buff. Level 20 DbR swap. Only amps are on Ray Decrease, ABR, and Pel Los. Used crit buff since I'm missing 3% crit without Tactician's Contract.

[​IMG]

Swapping into proc equipment that I have (Dotness Auto, Sandstorm Condensate, Frozen Sorrow) brought my time down to around 1:40. Using Football set and +12 Savior with proper doping brought it down to around 40 seconds.

Ignoring Silver Bullet not getting its Bonus Damage on Nugol, I think terrible Gracia nugol times is a combination of not having damage reworks, lower strength compared to other classes, and revolvers having low physical attack compared to other weapon types. I've seen a couple of videos of post-buff Gracia Rangers duo w/ Crusader in Anton sell parties, but they're decked out in at minimum +12 Silver Bullet/Lord of Ranger/Savior, Infinite accessories, +11 amps, and full optimal enchants.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. pkChobo

IGN:
    Chobou
    Guild:
    Dream
    Server:
    Cain
    ScreenShot2016_1227_152557332.jpg
    My Regular setting

ScreenShot2016_1227_152956416.jpg
    Regular setting with RfR, I could add an edited chart. I fucking forgot to swap NightShadow to Lightness so there aren't any conflicting smash mods. Then again I could keep it this way for "consistency"
    ScreenShot2016_1227_153413755.jpg
    Then the Gracia build, might have been able to lower the time based off proper rotations and such but 3 minutes is 3minutes. Honestly surprised it was only ~30s away from Stylish's build. If I had other pieces of gracia, I could use Lightness + ABR and some other epics I have.

Level 20 DbR with 7 tainteds, and just raised crit enough to hit 100%

5. xtesman

hey u guys im trying to make a f ranger for casual dungeoning. would halidom armor set be ok ?

is the distorted space bullet revolver viable to use or would halidom revolver b better?

thank you

6. InterstellarGunslinger ☆ Super Star ☆

If you're going to dungeon I'd still recommend getting a 9 piece precise fire or 6 piece Gracia set. You'll have a bad time otherwise.

7. xtesman

what about weapon choice? I don't plan to grind up a liberation, takes too long. any of the pink weapons or distorted fine?

8. pkChobo

IGN:
    Chobou
    Guild:
    Dream
    Server:
    Cain
    Distorted should be fine.

9. xtesman

thanks, I appreciate the feedback everyone

10. Stylish

Thought I would do a quick write-up on Gracia Nugol times since there was a similar question in the Ask Yunha thread by @Texas
    This might be useful for your Gracia gearing guide @Tate

Current patch
    The damage of Rangers is not in a great place right now. You can get by with either
    1. Having great armor and accessories (high multipliers) with high amplification
    2. Having an incredible weapon (highly reinforced) with some decent accessories (decent multipliers) to make up for having decent/garbage armor
    3. Having both. All of the above requires good enchants like Medel, Nerbe, Anton Heart, etc.
    The problem is this only works okay in solo play. In practice, piercing will be dwarfed by Crusader buffs. The solution(?) is of course to have a combination of a good weapon, armor, amps, enchants, etc.

How does this apply to Gracia right now?
    Gracia isn't incredible. It's really only decent. It's still weaker than most viable 80~85 epic sets for Rangers. So to get a competitive Nugol time with other classes, you'll need what is mentioned above: a good weapon to back it up, good enchants, high amps, and great accessories like Infinite series.

So if this getting that stuff is possible, why do we still see underwhelming Nugol times?
    I think it's because of stigma against Gracia and financial reasons. People don't want to spend heavy money amplifying and enchanting a set that they see as "temporary" on the way to epics. I commonly see people saying that it's not worth using grimoires on Gracia. Additionally, depending on misc epics that you get, the Gracia pieces you're using may move around so fully decking out a piece may be a waste of money.

What will change?
    Upcoming buffs: Male Rangers' damage approximately doubles (can't log on to check current tooltip values on my Female Ranger at the moment). These buffs will allow us to do more than acceptable damage without heavy amps and enchants.
    Examples (these are all Male Ranger, haven't done my homework on Female Ranger yet)
    1. 86 cap pre-buffs, solo Hall with +11 amps and Infinite Accessories
    2. 86 cap post-buff (August), solo Smoke with budget enchants and no amps
    3. 86 cap post-buff (August), 1:13 Nugol time with +12 Lib Revolver
    90 cap: More stats and skill levels, extra earring equip slot. No point in examples since I can't say if we'll get our buffs before/during/after 90 cap hits.

Verdict
    If quest legendaries can very well be upgraded to level 90 in KDnF, it may be worthwhile amping/investing in Gracia assuming your off-slots are Anton/Infinite accessories. This leaves flexibility with replacing Gracia armor pieces with other sets and replacing accessories with Five Senses. Whether you invest in Gracia or not is of course dependent on how much you're willing to throw into Metrocenter hells, since currently some level 90 3pc +@ are probably even stronger than Gracia. This thread on Reddit seems to suggest that individual level 90 epics will be on par with level 90 quegendary sets though, so Gracia might be too easy to break. But if you want to sell Anton Raid post-buffs, it's definitely possible to duo with Crusader provided you have Gracia/Infinite setup.

Side note: Nugol time is skewed in favor of proc items (e.g. Nature Guardian, Frozen Sorrow). As far as I know, these procs are not affected by Crusader buffs. So using them on Nugol may not be representative of party play.

Edit: Fixed ugly formatting.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  11. SetzerA Two ducks in a man costume

Question about crit chance; is there any bonus for going over 100% crit? Currently, I can push 167.5% crit (soon to be 170.5%) once all my buffs activate. Am I getting anything for that extra 67.5%-70.5% or should I be investing in other stats at this point?

12. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

The cap is 97%, I'm not sure if F.Ranger has extra crit chance from a passive like MRanger but it could be even lower. Anything after 97% (or 97% - the passive value) is completely worthless.

13. SetzerA Two ducks in a man costume

I figured as much, but I just had to make sure. Thanks!

14. InterstellarGunslinger ☆ Super Star ☆

Going over the crit cap does nothing unless they make an epic in the future to buff you per % over the crit cap.

15. SetzerA Two ducks in a man costume

In a way, I'm glad that it's capped like that. It means I can do things like go back to 6pc Gracia and look into diversifying my enchantments (possibly move/attack speed or physical attack) without having to worry about losing power.

If they did introduce something that gave bonus over the cap, I hope they are careful about it. Otherwise, it wpuld be Diablo 3 and "crit damage only matters" all over again *shudder*.

16. InterstellarGunslinger ☆ Super Star ☆

Imagine how the game would be like if every % after 100 crit counted as critical damage instead.

17. xtesman

Hey you guys, i might pick up that olympus package for my F ranger since she got no clones pet title aura. My question though is what pet do i get? do i get the one that gives skill 25-30 or 30-35? and i should get the title that gives Patk right? or the one with 100 strenth stats? Thanks.

18. 2ne1 /fa/

IGN:
    2ne1
    Guild:
    NewWorld
    Server:
    Cain

30~35 and go with p.attack

19. 0913659081

How do you guys tackle with the problem of repairing cost of weapon? I always have to pay 30~40k for repair for each run on Grandine, while my Mech only has to pay less than 5k.
    Being Ranger is suffering :weep:

20. InterstellarGunslinger ☆ Super Star ☆

Please, my repairs are 80-100k on average. I'm using LoR with Gracia. We just deal with it, the path of rangers is a hard one. :fgunner:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)