Female Ranger General Discussion

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by matt, May 20, 2014.

1. matt

Steam:
    matt_jh
    [​IMG]

Discuss anything f.ranger related here

the goddess​

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  2. Phenyl

B> female ranger build, 1 ely

3. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    I could make you one for 70 cap. Don't know shit about 80/85 cap and stuff though.

4. Phenyl

70 cap is the only one that matters atm. So I'd take it.

5. matt

Steam:
    matt_jh
    simple

max kicks, topspin and needle sobat. max rising and silver bullet and of course headshot

max cube skills

lv 1 awakening. could opt for max awakening if dropped max gun dance.

assuming pve of course

6. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    You can't just use a planner like any normal human being?
    Build
    • Maxed all cubes because you're a Ranger and that's just how we roll
    • I don't like maxing Topspin Kick because you'll usually never get both hits off, you'll either TSK->Sobat or TSK->Sonic
    • Rising Topspin isn't necessary but is nice; Needle Cancel isn't necessary but is a fucking godsend, please use; Topspin Cancel near worthless; Headshot/Rising are obvious cancel choices
    • BBQ level 1 comes in handy a lot more than you might think; so does max Marilyn (plus where else would you use the SP)
    Hm I think that covers most the points. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

7. Tea i wanna hana pana

Steam:
    TasteTea
    Guild:
    Communism
    wrong game booboo hehe ;^)

when does this class start to pick up? i just hit 30 and im not having much fun so far

8. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki

Class starts getting pretty decent once you hit ~45-50 and beyond. Obviously starts to shine once you get a +10/higher and stuff (would highly recommend a +10 at level 60 if you can afford it).

9. matt

Steam:
    matt_jh
    no idea why you would max sonic over topspin. sonic is pure fixed damage atm, no need for marilyn rose outside of 5 for bbq

topspin into triple clutch is your bread and butter. sonic is useful for gathering enemies, and as an escape of some sort

triple clutch bonus damage is good as well too. max rising is almost another HS. good damage maxed and low cd, plus the free cancel. no need for cancel needle, you should be topspin into needle most of the time for trip clutch bonus damage

would drop tp dh upgrade and a level of moving upgrade for 3 levels of topspin and needle upgrade each

lv 60 +10 for ok damage, +11 for good damage +12 for great damage....

lets see if this link works

http://arad.ofli.es/plan/franger/Ag...bz6gbz6oRz6wFz64Uz7IKyJwDyKQD0KoDy7gC0LEC0LIC

if you want all revolver play, play mranger who are much better. franger for kicks

10. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    Yeah I was actually looking at my old videos/build and realized I remembered wrong. Everything else should be correct though.
    Death Hawk is our strongest move (granted most the hits connect), I'd much rather my DH blow bosses up then do a bit of extra damage to the regular enemies that I (already) two shot.
    Of course. But you don't want to waste that much money on a 60 weapon.
    I play Female Ranger solely for one reason: Sonic Spike. And I hate Air Raid with a passion. Such a crappy skill. Anyways, going all out on your gun moves is totally fine as a Female Ranger. They're all the same except Gun Dance and MHS; and we have the stronger MHS.

Also I don't know how you live without Needle Cancel. It's the best thing since free upward cancels.

11. Phenyl

Thats_The_Joke.png huehuehue

So the male ranger is basically the same in terms of how many levels he needs to be fun?

I like the whole kicking thing of a Ranger because it has nice range so I'd probably max Topspin anyway. ty for le build

12. matt

Steam:
    matt_jh
    yea our multi hs is godly. it gives the most dps by far.

I was able to kill the 66 dung's with one full burst

but gun dance sucks ASS compared to wildshot. Might be better in dnf now with bleed upgrades with veiled cutter

until 85 cap a +12 gai staide will be fine until 70 provided stacking fire damage.

also stacking int is kinda nice actually, silverbullet hits that much harder. no need for mp replenish. invest spirit if anything. and yes we do kinda have mana problems 50-65

13. Phenyl

Got to lvl 50 with a female ranger with the help of a friend. Though he was working one on the side so it was basically only 30-50 over almost 2 days. I can't say I like MHS as much as I thought I would. But hawk and the kicks are fun. Her kicks are faster and have a better X/Y range so I guess that makes it better than a male.

Which I srsly don't understand. I can understand him being slower because longer limbs/lankier. But the dude is tall as hell, so how do his legs NOT reach that far?
    da fuk u doin neople
    i need halp 2 undurstund

That aside it's fun but not "I would like to get this class to 70." I do admit PvP was hella fun and stylish. I assume male has an easier time because they can use gatling/flamethrower/grenades more efficiently than females can. Oh. And x2 Landrunners. Yeeeeee. :T

14. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    Both are really good for PvP. I watched a DnF PvP tournie from last year and there was a Female Ranger in it so it's not like they're bad or outright outclassed.
    And dang, really? I loved the hell out of MHS.

But yeah, every class isn't for everyone, unfortunately. Better luck on your next class, I suppose!

15. Brandon Hunger

16. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    1. Spriggan is kinda bad in my opinion, I wouldn't max it. I tried it max with the TP upgrade and I felt like it just didn't deal enough damage to justify it.
    2. Sonic Spike is fixed damage so you want to max Topspin instead (plus that means you can move more when you use Topspin).
    3. I'd personally get Needle Cancel instead of Topspin, it's way more useful in my opinion. Neither is exactly 'required' though I suppose.
    4. Or, ignore #3 and get all of the cancels and pump the rest of your SP into Rising Shot. (I never liked TSK cancel but some people might).
    5. Get Gun Guard rank 1, insane utility with this skill (e.g. getting knocked down by shockwaves)
    6. Get Vitality instead of Spirit. Then get Movement Speed, since you have the extra QP for it.
    7. For TP, I personally prefer to upgrade all my gun skills (except Gun Dance) and then Silver Bullet. That'll leave you with exactly 0 TP. Or you could do like matt suggested and go slightly more kick-oriented with your upgrades.

17. Phenyl

TBH I just PvP and run late game dungeons for fun. My friend is the one who does a majority of leveling and gearing. He is the best account-husbando ever. I think the only classes I tried so far that I enjoyed were Elementalist, Rogue, Necromancer, and most of all, Glacial Master. The last one should be a given. huehuehueee

Rogue was fun in PvP by far, but Ranger is a most def 2nd on my list. That topspin Y range 2 gud. Like, I can see people go "omg no she is below me omg no no no" as they try to find a way to get below me on the y axis. It's hilarious. It's cute when they try to use super armor, miss, then get hit with a BBQ or Sobat. Here's the build I used:
    http://arad.ofli.es/plan/franger#Ag...PqhvPqwXPrAXPrhTPsAjPsQjQqgPQsAHQsQPQsgLQtAI=

Works nicely. I scaled it up to 70 for obvious reasons. Not sure what to do with the TP if/when the time comes, but I assume this is the best for my/our playstyle. The guy playing it likes the kickies too, but he prefers playing male characters because manliness and homosexuality. Or something. IDK. WOW. I tried making him a M.Ranger build but they have so much more stuff to get. Does that mean M.Ranger is more fun or just more complicated? *shruguu*

18. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    I feel like I'm missing something here.
    Er, is this supposed to be a PvP or PvE build?
    They don't have more stuff to get you build them almost the exact same.

19. Phenyl

I feel like I'm missing something here.
    My avatar is Cirno. The Ice Fairy. It's not super popular by default but it is well-known.

Er, is this supposed to be a PvP or PvE build?
    PvP with a side of "but I can also PvE." That's why I like F.Ranger more than M.Ranger. That and her kicks have better range/speed. Yeeeeeeeee.

They don't have more stuff to get you build them almost the exact same.
    They do have more viable skills, though. The male's version of flamethrower, grenades, robots, and gatling gun are way more PvP friendly than the female gunner's versions. So that means there are more options to pick from. I know the female gunner can also use those things I mentioned, but there is a delay time which makes it much harder to time them safely unless they are solely used for poking or Y-axis ranged poking. So it's much easier to go "I don't need this" with the female gunner than the male gunner who can go "well I can use this for PvE and use it in PvP safely too!"

20. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    How is their flamethrower more PvP friendly? It's the same afaik except ours can hit otg which is a huge plus. The hitstun and hitbox are both really large and it's pretty easy to just quickly tap it, hit them on the Y axis then follow up with a Rising Shot and combo from there. And doesn't out Gatling Gun shoot a bit faster too? Grenades is definitely right, those are shit for Female Gunner.

Also using any of those in PvE is not going to be that strong tbh lol. Female or Male.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Sakari