Female Mechanic General Discussion

Discussion in 'Mechanic' started by Nekroyd, May 19, 2014.

1. NinNinCen Aim for the bushes

Still weak for now. Robotic taints / max robotics. 9 Piece mechanizer still best. Still fun cause g series is shiny.

2. AliasZ

IGN:
    AliasN, bbyNen
    Server:
    Cain
    What about after the recent changes in KR? Do we need 9pc toybox for galeforce swap?

3. NinNinCen Aim for the bushes

I'm not updated with KR servers but it seems Toybox/Rusted Robot is the way to go now with rotations of mech drop , gale and sparrow. But hey you can now use ranger rod so have fun.

4. Pyros

They changed Gale Force to be live stats apparently from what I understood in a recent patch(or well it was on test, luke raid test patch), so probably not.

For now you want Mechanizer for normal dungeon, and 6pc toybox if you plan on doing Anton raid(but you're gonna be on boats and not even being that good at it). In the future, you want Gracia(and still mech/toybox until you have gracia). I don't think Rusted Robot is worth it for fmech even after the various robot reworks, at least the most recent fmech guide I've found on korean boards don't mention it. Could be an idea but by then there probably will be OV rework anyway, so you can get it then.

5. Holypie

Could you post a link to that korean guide so I can attempt to stumble through it with google translate? When I finish my DT I think I'll try to gear my fmech.

6. Pyros

I can look for it again but there wasn't much of anything interesting really, it's the same as current pretty much only that Gracia is a lot better since elenore works on summons, making it a substantial step up from chrons.

Skillwise it's also pretty much still the same but you need some more points, you definitely max sparrow cause it's OP as fuck and what you look to drop is either Viper, Mech Drop or Gale Force. Viper is kinda meh after all the changes unless you toybox obviously, Mech Drop is pretty good but is the weakest of the cubes(well other than Viper zero but that's not new) and Gale Force is stupidly strong IF it can survive shit but it still gets one shot by boss abilities and what not or can fuck with the AI so it really depends on the situation.

If you mean a current guide I guess I could see about making one later on.

7. Holypie

I was looking more for the future stuff. Is g-series still good damage?

And it looks like just trading viper for sparrow right?

8. Pyros

G series is still good yeah, maybe not as good in comparison but still good especially raptor, I thought it'd be worse but apparently not. You need to free points for 10points in Transformation(currently a 1pt master, they add skill damage to non G series on it) and the 1pt corona grab thing, and depending on content the instant sparrow burst versus normal sparrow(it does half dmg instantly instead of full over time, good if your damage is very high compared to what you're doing).

On top of that depending on what you're doing currently, you do want to max Volt MX(2nd awakenning) and Frisbee, since both are super strong after the changes. I know some people don't always max them atm. And potentially camouflage, although it's not that great, it's quite a bit better(bit longer duration at max points and the bonus apply all the time even if you're not currently hidden). But it's still kinda RNG protection with a shit cast time so... Finally as I said, Gale Force can be a thing but that depends on what content you're doing and shit. It does a fuckton more damage though, and it has permanent super armor(so it doesn't get knocked down by random shit while not shooting for 10secs like atm). But the cd is still kinda bad for the hp it has.

You might also want to max detonation for mech drop faster/higher damage, there's no TP anymore so that's nice(increased damage from TP is rolled into the skill directly) and it doesn't cost all that much. Also unlike currently where I find the use a bit dubious due to how fucking forever it takes for mech drop to drop the entire army of mechs so half of it already exploded by the time the last half land, shit drops super fast in the future so it wastes more time having the mechs run around trying to get into melee range with their weird shit AI than detonating them right away.

Generally speaking you'd drop viper points and maybe whatever else. Just like currently though there's quite a lot of wiggle room in terms of what to pick. Maybe less so cause say Sparrow is way too good to pass up, but still. You can still make room or drop 10pt bbq+TP, mech drop+detonation is pretty solid but can be ignored to free points for say Gale Force TP if the content allows it, or Gale Force can be dropped entirely. And you can still pick vipers if you're doing some content that doesn't die fast as their damage over time is still very good, they just need time to do all their dmg per cast and multiple casts to really pay off, the change to independant objects+transfo kinda neutralize the buff and give them more damage than before even. I think they'd prove useful in high level infinite ancient for example due to the juggling/hitstun effect and the fact some of the shit in there can take 20-30secs to clear per room.

That said, changes aren't coming for like 2+ months probably, and it's possible there might be some more changes inbetween that they patch with it.

9. Holypie

Wow thanks for the comprehensive post, I'm really looking forward to this class finally being strong again.

10. nosef

IGN:
    Eila
    For the most part... I'm not playing anymore. But from what I see this patch is just a meh patch. We got some minor buffs, notably the Robotics unlimited is neat. For now the regular Mechanizer set is the strongest for solo dungeoning, Devil's Toybox if you intend to raid (6pc). Fmech has always (and still is) been inferior to male mechs.

As for your second question if you're referring to the Korean Fmech changes then yes. She is much stronger (check Sekibun's post literally right before you) she shows the damage increase pre to post patch. The issue with the "changes" is that they did nothing to support fmech's G-Series and Transformation gimmick which made her unique to Male Mech. They buffed bot damage all around so it's possible that she might be viable as a pseudo hybrid Male Mech if you drop G-Series. But I assure you that 90% of the people who play Fmech is because of her G-Series gimmick, so neople changing it so her bots are viable doesn't make any of us happy.

11. Ipsen

It's such a shame, really. Gunners in general are the most copy-paste class set in the game; I still cannot see much difference between mlauncher and flauncher, and considering the recent updates to spitfire, it's a similar story for them in KDNF now. Ranger between genders ends up the most distinct, in that male focuses on (head)shots, while female prefers kick attacks and the movement they provide.

Mechanics used to be (really, they still are) just about as distinct; while both have access to just about the same skills, the preferences were starkly set, and even more so with 2nd awakening; male prefers on (exploding) AI bots w/directional orders, and female prefers g-series. It's a slanted sort of design, but I find it interesting in this way. The design/update problem lies in basis that there just aren't enough g-series skills; If you look at 2nd awakening passives as the class/gender defining skill in the game (especially for gunners), Male Mech's is not only amazing (what's cast speed?), it affects at least 10 robot skills, from the top of my head. This is vs. FMech's effective range of...3(.5, now just 3 in KDNF) skills boosted by 2nd awakening.

There just isn't enough skills to either make more interesting utility, in play or through updates that don't gut and rebuild the entire premise. If a reimagining of the class is the aim, Neople really has to go to work to not only provide a new or more expanded playstyle involving g-series, and not just copy-paste MMech's buffs onto the other gender. But from the homogenization I see with other gunner skill designs, if Neople updated g-series, they might as well update every other gunner to be more distinct. RIP% of that happening, my bet.

You know what feels insulting? These recent updates just compound the reasons for mmech to ignore a whole set of skills in his list that is g-series.

You know what feels potentially doubly insulting? If Fire Bolt (Transformation equivalent for MMech) actually buffed his g-series XD

12. AliasZ

IGN:
    AliasN, bbyNen
    Server:
    Cain
    Sustained damage is dead...from the looks of it, they made both mechs burst with sparrow/awks/mech drop, with the main difference being mmech spamming bombs for filler damage while we use gseries. Still, I'm not gonna complain when fmech is finally a good class.

It's not just mech, almost everyone is a cube spamming burst class because that's what the raid meta requires

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  13. epiklife HOZO

[​IMG]
    I got savior revolver on my Fmech in day 1 raid Kreygasm

14. LordLyciaX

IGN:
    MayaBattuo
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    So, FMech has Robotics for swap obviously, but what else is snapshot after patches? Is G-0 Battleroid snapshot?

15. Ipsen

Pretty sure nothing else snapshots. I mean, swapping for a particular g-bot will snapshot, but only until you switch or expires.

Question, for curiosity, or boredom:
    What would be an interesting additional taint to a green Robotics set? Tainted my own with red Gale Force, as it'd be the longest lasting effect boosted from an ideal swap.

16. Holypie

I've heard that both awakenings are snapshot, so you could swap from open fire for the ele damage and +15%matk to released savior or ion repulser, as well as swapping accessories (emission necklace, filir ring) and armor sets (mana burn to ng) if you want to go full elementalist.

17. Holypie

Which skill range would be the best for the Olympus pet after the reworks?

18. Tigger

If you don't already have +30 Robotics, I'd say go for the 15-20skill pet (Petit Nornir of Transcendence I believe)

19. Holypie

I have petit Optimus for the +1, I'm just wondering about a battle pet for after the rework.

20. Tigger

Judging by this person's dmg from after rework, the lvl30-35skill pet would be the most optimal for g3 and gale

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)