Female Mechanic General Discussion

Discussion in 'Mechanic' started by Nekroyd, May 19, 2014.

1. NthMetal

IGN:
    GBot
    Guild:
    CuteMages
    * EX-S Viper
    - 30% reduced attack
    lol
    Monsters got stronger. Every class got a +30% damage buff.

I figured the buffs would either be ass, or make fmech the next fnen. I guess it was the former.

yet again

2. Pyros

Do remember for Viper nerfs, elenore/smash/crit dmg now affects pets. So it's not so bad, and should make toybox not a MUST HAVE like it probably would be otherwise.

The biggest issue with the patch is the total lack of buffs to G series. Combined with the probable mistake of them removing the G series passive from Fristbee and not re-adding it anywhere, you end up with G series being weaker than the live version, even though everything got buffed ~30% across the board for every class(possibly for the mob hp increase that might or might not happen) and 30-50% more at least from elenore/smash/critdmg change.

It makes no sense to change the class to be more reliant on robots and less on G series. Also there's even more SP issues now since you want max frisbee, max galeforce(it was buffed a stupid amount), max sparrow, max mech drop, max Volt MX etc. At this point I think it'd probably worth dropping Corona just to make room for other skills, which is stupid.

3. NthMetal

IGN:
    GBot
    Guild:
    CuteMages
    That sounds horrible, I hope it doesn't hit final servers.

Do you know if they changed elemental damage on summons/g-series/anything? Or is it still only light except for awakenings?

4. Pyros

Well it says Transformation still converts like before, so it's still light, no real reason to change it anyway, all light is fine, doesn't work with DG, Submarine or Cold Princess but that's not a huge issue with 90 sets replacing stuff(and it's the same for every other forced classes too), and Gracia would be a lot better than currently with the light elenore working on everything now.

Assuming they don't wake up and buff G series by 200% or something, Gracia will probably become the go to set anyway since it'll crush Mechanizer with how strong the robots are and how shit G series are. Even if they were to include G series to the 30% transfo and fix the 22% missing on Frisbee rework, at this point you're way better off buffing the cubes than buffing G series for Fmech.

Honestly with the independant object change and the constant massive buffs to cubes in the previous updates, I wouldn't be surprised if Rusted Robot was a better 9pc OV set than Mechanizer. Even Toybox 9pc might be better, even accounting for the 30% viper nerf.

5. PinkEyes Super Sleezball

Server:
    Cain
    So disappointed with Neople after reading the patch notes, seems imo like they did a cut and paste job copying MMech changes to FMech and changing the numbers here and there.
    I don't like spamming robots on FMech outside of vipers (atm 5 sec detonation lol, I doubt the change to 3.5 sec will help jack shit), an actual nerf and no buffs to g-series and vipers:nope::hypeisnotreal:

6. nosef

IGN:
    Eila
    I kind of quit for awhile I guess, but my friend told me about the fmech changes so I decided to check it out. Really unimpressed with it... no changes AT ALL to G-Series and all we're getting are bot damage increases. Not to mention the Frisbee nerf is really bad. I'm a bit confused about Skill Attack Damage. How is this different from just changing the values of a skill? Does it take a percentage of the skill rather than increase the percent of the actual power of the skill? Even the two new skills are pretty subpar. Fmech doesn't really need a skill to gather mobs. This is more powerful for Male Mech (who actually did receive a new skill like this, the charm bot which is way better), and the only decent thing I can see that can come out of this for fmech is that we can gather a mob up then G-2 Rolling Thunder it. Kind of pointless though I would think because we already have a skill called G-3 Raptor which auto targets mobs in a certain vicinity. The new Sparrow Changes also doesn't look good. Sparrow was good because of the hitstun it provided. Making it a burst skill doesn't seem all that useful. Might be better for Male Mech, but for Fmech it really wasn't needed at all.

7. Ipsen

Transformation not applying skill+ to G-Series...

Reminds me of the days Robotics didn't apply to G-Series either. Are we F.Mechs already turning back to the dark ages?

I dont know what this update achieves. I thought that Neople would have had an idea of what to do with alot of classes by now, F.Mech included, but just needed time to space updates out. Now, I'm not so sure...or there's different people working on updates.

I actually do like the gather/hold skill out of Corona. Corona literally does not have a role currently; In 9pc Mechanizer, its dps doesn't stack up to g-3, and since King Corona mysteriously disappeared with the g-series universal TP, it doesn't even have the overall hitstun it once had. At least the new skill is something towards utility (cuz lets face it, as much as these skills seem to be designed for damage, we're not catching up to some classes). Also, the more shit I can smack g-2 with, the better. I also like the Frisbee change. In it's new function, it's what I hoped it or future updates would perform for G-Series; casting multiple at once to compress DPS (reminiscent of that old g-series bug that let you carry 2 forms into a new room). Just, they're treating it like a normal skill, and thus scratching the damage buff (the essence of it being a g-series skill). So RIP, I guess.

Just about everything else is counterproductive, however. Non-g-series bots are fun, and fmech ends up needing more/most of those skills, being that even a g-series slant in her design still leaves alot desired. However, investment in non-g-series bots feels like diminishing returns to me. They'll never get even close to the full potential that mmech provides simply because you have a strong g-series to invest in (and also because awakening passive support. G-Extension, from my testing does not even affect Ez-10!). This is as true as it was before the first All-in-One patch (I.E. before Robotics affected g-series), but fmech doesn't get stronger by trying to be a mmech. The support just isnt there.

As g-series is a pretty unique skillset in each skill improving the other related skills, I can see why just slapping on more modifiers might slip out of control (or Neople's just too lazy to do some finer tweaking), but you have to touch on g-series for this class to improve...and if they wanted damage to improve, this wasn't going to do it.

Edit: just realized, with Frisbee not being counted as a g-series anymore, I assume that means g-1 through g-3 are weakened through the bonus loss? FML, and OTL

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  8. Pyros

The gather isn't on Corona, it's a special active that can be used while Corona is active, and will group stuff once before it goes on cd(cd seems to be short apparently I was wrong, like 5secs or so). Corona is still pretty poop other than doing that, guess it's like Rolling Thunder, swap to Corona, use the active, swap out. Not sure why they didn't make it like Rolling Thunder where you press the key again, instead it has its own key, its own SP cost and doesn't add anything more than the discharge on rolling thunder.

The good thing about the update is the feedback is unanimously extremely negative on the korean discussion boards, which means it's likely they will knee jerk buff shit before it goes live, which could end up making the class decent. Or they'll fuck it up and not buff enough so it'll be better than test but still terrible. Hard to say and considering the state of these changes, I'd say it's likely they'll fucked it up.

I had a bunch of DI orbs and 300 or so eyes to burn during this perma insane event on my fmech but I've gave up on the idea, I think at this point I'm better off keeping them for Dimension Walker and forgetting about this class. At least I have 9pc Toybox which with the ~200% dmg increase on Gale Force is gonna make leveling even faster, so yay?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  9. nosef

IGN:
    Eila
    That is honestly even WORSE than I thought. I had an inkling since the skill description you wrote was "summon a corona that launches a magnetic shot". So it's a fixed skill to G-1 huh? That's really bad. Also is it true that Transformation Skill %+ buff doesn't affect G-Series? That is horrible...

The whole reason I play Fmech is because G-Series was a thing, now that they're making fmech some sort of pseudo hybrid male mech I feel like I wasted gearing up my fmech. This is really dissapointing.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  10. Pyros

Yeah the way I've seen it used at least it requires switching to Corona, then using the skill, then you can switch out. I'm not entirely sure if you can switch out during the animation or not though or if there's restrictions. Have to remember that with the summer changes, there's no cooldown on switch G series anymore, so if there's no animation or restriction, you could kinda G1 > Magnetic > G3 nearly instantly even coming out of G3. And the cooldown is surprisingly lower than I expected considering it holds for like a second, so at least for shit like ancients and what not, the class would be even easier(imo for solo pve the class is already borderline broken since you can y axis everything with raptor while you run around so while not fast, there's very little risk). Just looks kinda clunky having another skill instead of just linking to Corona, or making it non G series specific.

And yes transformation skill damage only affects non G series skills, for whatever reason. I'd expect this to change when it goes live.

My expectation for the live patch differences is, G series 22% damage boost(from the loss of Frisbee), Transformation affects every skill... and that's it. That wouldn't be great, but it'd be better. I think Fmech would still be F tier though probably even with all the changes.

Honestly I have no idea what they tried to achieve with this patch(well this one and the previous one) when they buffed every classes. I know they buffed mob hp too so maybe they planned to even things out, but seeing a bunch of the top tier dealers also getting 30% boost completely invalidates the process. The changes to BM had made me hopeful they were going to really buff the shit tier classes up, but it seems it's not the case for some of them(not too sure what's the state of Fbrawler after the changes). Considering that's the 3rd pass Fmech gets in the past like 4-5months though, it's really disheartening that they can't get it right. Or that they haven't buffed G series in any of the passes other than making Corona fire automatically and Rolling Thunder switches a little faster.

11. Pyros

Changes went live, they changed a few things in the notes, might have changed some values also ingame that are not documented(like Sparrow alternative skill damage).

Notable changes, Robotics now buffs you instead of the summons(not entirely sure what's the point, I guess int% items are better now?), robot detonation is better(140%dmg instead of 125%), EZ8 was buffed some more cause apparently we like detonating bombs now, nerf to viper was reduced to 20% instead of 30% the 22% missing damage from Frisbee was included into Raptor and Rolling Thunder bonus damage to other G series(well, 20% was, apparently they rounded down because why not), mech drop buffed further to drop even faster, G0 was buffed quite a lot to do its damage over 5.7secs instead of half an hour, EZ10 buff because yay more bombs, Volt MX nerfed a bit less 14% instead of 24% and the big one, Raptor can't be destroyed anymore.

Transformation still excludes G series for whatever fucking reason, no additional G series buffs, FeelsBadMan.

Don't wanna say the class is dead cause all of these robots buffs might actually make it good with the independant object change, but the gameplay is basically very different, and there's nowhere near enough SP to get everything you'd want either, so you're gonna have to cut stuff. Probably Viper tbh, at this point using Robots and Detonation is going to be better than dropping shitty vipers.

12. PinkEyes Super Sleezball

Server:
    Cain
    All of these changes to try and funnel the burst meta on a DPS class, why didn't they try to upgrade the burst that is unique to the class ala G2 instead of nerfing vipers and buffing EZ-8 + detonation. I'm gonna blame this on the siamese (CTRL+C and CTRL+V) nature of this update where MMech and FMech's changes is almost identical outside of different class differences and numbers.
    I'm gonna have wait(a million years looking at this rate) for the update that just updates/boosts G-Series...
    :dead1:

13. NthMetal

IGN:
    GBot
    Guild:
    CuteMages
    Are we like 100% sure transformation doesn't apply the 30% to gseries? Maybe they could just mean the light damage since they're already light. ;-;
    edit: Mikes translations don't say anything about it not applying to gseries. Maybe it's a mistranslation here. At least for the test changes.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  14. Pyros

There's a ton of posts on korean boards questionning this part specifically, the Excludes G series and why they would do such a change when they said they'd balance the class around G series. I doubt they'd be questionning the fact G series aren't converted to light damage. Mike's notes are definitely missing the part about G series entirely(wether it's excluded or not), or the part about light conversion still applying, so I'd wait for Jay's full notes.

This came with the monster hp boost too, this part is going live in this patch. G series wasn't touched at all, so it's 35-40% worse relatively now(I think that's the values people were reporting on HP difference, although I can't confirm this 100%, will need to wait for servers to go back up in korea first). Meanwhile every other skills was buffed in all past 3 patches, the major rebalance patch in early summer, the F gunner rework patch in august and the Fmech rework being patched today, by massive amounts. I don't want to go through the notes, but I'd say pretty much every other skill was buffed by 50% to 150%, they also now have smash/critdmg/elenore applying so that's generally speaking a 30% to 100+% dmg depending on your gear setup, they also get the 30% dmg from transformation, and the small 9% from G extension general buff. So you can expect any robot skills to hit for 3 to 5times more than they do on live currently for us.

Meanwhile the only change to raptor and rolling thunder in damage in all 3 of these patches is -2% from Frisbee change and the general 9% on G-extension. They did get a lot of QoL changes like G2 hitting further away and G3 not being destroyable anymore and getting the increased damage faster, and G1 dmg I believe was boosted and now fires at full speed automatically, but their damage hasn't changed. From the looks of it, G series is basically kinda like a dot now like bleed for some other classes or like murderous wave for Asura or something like that, and honestly I think spamming G magnetic is probably going to be the best way to use G series since the cd seems awfully low for a skill that constantly pulls a large area then hold them.

Once the kdnf servers go back up I guess we'll see the Nugol tests or whatever, if my conversion skills aren't dead it should be in 15mins. Maybe it's still fine and I made a mistake and G series are still good, but my current opinion is that you'll probably want to cut Vipers and possibly one G series to level detonation+EZ8+transformation(and possibly EZ10), and you now G magnetic shit together to pop them with EZ8 detonation.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  15. nosef

IGN:
    Eila
    I just saw the changes to Male Spitfire where they changed his whole kit up. Male Spitfires were just as bad as female mechs before their update, right? Their new abilities look really good and it makes me very salty about fmech "changes". I really do hope that the transformation boost was just an oversight and they forgot to add it affects G-Series because if they didn't add that 30% boost this class probably isn't dead, but they changed how fmech plays in a way that counteracts what made her unique in the first place.

16. Pyros

Seeing the various screens of Nugol numbers, they seem... really confusing. G3 seems to still do pretty decent damage though, more than I expected so that's good. I guess the fact Frisbee doesn't eat 10secs of your limit over duration while raptor isn't applied(instead you get the full limit over with raptor on and frisbee on top) helps quite a bit.

The issue I have is there's a bunch of screen with before/after, but the before/after don't seem to show the actual increases you'd expect from the notes. I think it might have to do with them changing Nugol to not be countered all the time though, I think I saw something like that in the notes. But the increases aren't that big.

On the other hand, the damage seems pretty high. I'm not 100% sure what people are specing into since apparently that's not something they bother showing, so a lot of people have very low Mech Drop numbers but not sure if they're maxing it or using it as a dump. None of them tried Detonation/EZ8 either, and same issue with Viper Zero not showing how many points in it, although it seems to do reasonable damage. Normal viper seems to do shit but again can't tell.

Some seem to use consumables and various buffs from the training menu to emulate group buffs, but they don't detail what exactly. Kinda wish they were a bit more thorough with their testing. A lot of numbers also seem deceptively high cause they let them run full duration, for example on every screen that has Gale Force, it'll do like 2 to 3times as much damage as anything else, because they let the Gale Force attack for the whole 1minute and count that as a single cast. That said, Gale Force looks ridiculously strong if stuff doesn't die quickly and it doesn't die itself. It seems you can 9pc toybox swap it too.

Still seems to be a lot better overall.

Oh and one thing that wasn't in the notes, the sparrow burst skill now does 50% of the normal sparrow(up from 33% on the test server). That said it's apparently still bugged and isn't affected by robotics or some stupid shit, so it ends up doing less in certain conditions. It's also of dubious utility if you're not fighting something that dies in less than 5secs, since sparrow will quickly outdamage the burst from solar and then keep on doing damage, plus the massive hitstun it produces. Would be good for like soloing and what not I guess, can drop solar sparrow then magnetic stuff into it, timing seems about right.

17. nosef

IGN:
    Eila
    Hmm, so you didn't test how the bot changes were? It looks possible they did include G-Series then with the transformation skill because it would be idiotic if they didn't according to what you're saying. How high are your numbers and what are your equips?

18. Sekibun

[​IMG]
    before buff. egene dmg

[​IMG]

after buff.
    pretty standard setup(gracia 6 / +12 lib)
    [​IMG]

dropped viper after the nerfs
    gale force is pretty strong. so i dropped viper / viper-ex for galeforce.

tho not really satisfied with the changes. they called it a class renewal but they didnt really change much. buffing skills that f.mech don't use.(land runner/bombs)

19. AliasZ

IGN:
    AliasN, bbyNen
    Server:
    Cain
    If I want to use my free 9pc set on this character, which set should I get? Is there a swap set we use after all the patches?

I heard fmech got pretty strong after the changes, do we just play like inferior mmechs now or something?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)