F. Nen Master guide to PVE by theUncontestedCookieLord

Discussion in 'Nen Master' started by theUncontestedCookieLord, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Female Nen Master PVE guide by theUncontestedCookieLord

Last updated: 10-02-2016

Introduction
    Hello there! Since I couldn't find a guide for Female Nen Master and saw a quite large amount of requests for it, I've decided to make one on my own. I hope you'll find something usefull for you in this guide! Please note this guide is aimed to DFOG users. I will keep this guide up to date for DFOG only.

Skills
    I ommited to put in the skills that I left at 0 or 1 which I consider not even worth talking about. I also ommited to add Quick Rebound, Back Step and Magical Critical passive because I assume everyone knows to get that.

Doppelganger (0, Max)
    This is a prerequisite to Doppelganger Blast. You won't use it unless you use Blast. See Doppelganger Blast for more info.
    TP Upgrade (0, Max)
    If you chose to use Doppelgangers, this is a must have in your TP skills, it costs only 5 TP and the bonus damage you get from the additionnal Doppelganger is insane.

Suplex (3, Dump)
    Prerequisite to Thunder Suplex. It is a good pick for feeding the goblin machine in OV2. Easy to cast using commands.
    TP Upgrade (0)
    Complete waste of TP, nothing else to say.

Thunder Suplex (Dump)
    Multi-hits base damage skill. It is a direct upgrade to Suplex. At level 31, it gets 6 hits with large electrocution rate and damage. I use this as a dump once im done choosing my skills.
    TP upgrade (0)
    It is not worth upgrading this skill over your main damage skills, even if you max Thunder Suplex.

Nen Shot (Max)
    Mixed damage skill. Nen Shot is a must in any Fnen builds. It gets upgraded by almost every OV sets and it's passive upgrade, Nen Cannon, makes it a considerably good AoE skill. There is no reasons not to max Nen Shot.
    TP upgrade (Max)
    It costs only 5 points to max, adds 40% damage and 20% Y-axis effect to Nen Shot. Again this is a must have in any Fnen build.

Nen Cannon (Max)
    Allows Nen Shot to be charged for more Size, Damage and pierce through multiple enemies making it a great AoE skill. It also considerably increase eletrocution chance, nearly 100% if it's not.
    There is no TP skill for Nen Cannon.

Khai (Max)
    The ultimate Fnen buff skill. It basically increase all percent damages by a large amount, both physical and magical and also adds Inflict Light Damage to your weapon. Since the season 2 balance patch, Khai is an AoE skill and buffs your whole party instead of just 1 individual. Khai is also the skill you want to add levels with clone avatars and other stuff like that.
    If only there was a TP upgrade for Khai!

Doppelganger Blast (0, Max)
    Choosing to use Blast is not that complicated. It's a fully based skill so no percent damage there. Blast has very good AoE, low CD and it's a non-cube skill. Even if I focus mostly on percent damage, I still use Doppelganger Blast. Doppelganger Blast is a mandatory skills for base damage oriented Fnen and I would even say, it's mandatory for percent Fnen too since there is nothing better to spend points in.
    TP upgrade (0, Max)
    If you choose to use Doppelganger Blast, maxing his TP upgrade is mandatory. Combined with the regular Doppelganger + Upgrade, you get a total of 15 Gangers with +50% bonus damage. This is one of the most effective skill to put TP into.

Solar Shield (Max)
    Free light resist, free light damage and free magical def for your whole party. If you have to choose to add levels to Solar Shield or Stimulating Breath, Solar Shield wins cause it increases your light damage greatly.

Stimulating Breath (Max)
    Free attack speed and free casting speed for your whole party. This is why everyone likes to party with Fnens! Just saying you NEED that casting speed since all of Fnen's skills requires long casts + charge times.

Nen Guard (Max)
    A very great support skill that makes Fnen one of the best to cheese some OV rooms. With 2nd awakening it can be charged to become even more stronger in term of health and size. Nen guard can tank most of one-hit-kills made by basically anything and it last 9 seconds or until it's HP drops to 0.
    TP upgrade (0, pref)
    I guess you could put some points in Nen guard but I really don't see the point. It's already good as it is on it's own, keep your points for damage skills.

Spiral Nen (Max)
    Percent damage skill that you won't use mainly for damage. By being active, this skill grants you very large amount of physical defense and increase the damage of your Thunder Suplex, Energy Shield and Tiger Flash if you use the last one. All in one improved this skill so that you can now instantly turn it off instead of needing to wait for the spirals to disappear.
    TP upgrade (0, Pref)
    Depending on how you build Fnen, you might wanna max the TP upgrade. That would be for a percent builded Fnen using Flash Tiger with shimmering onslaught set, otherwise, just let it rest at 0.

Tornado Kick (0, 1 utility, 21 utility)
    Percent physical damage skill with absolutely useless damage. At level 21 it gets the maximum numbers of kicks which is 6. With Fnen's high casting speed, the kicks becomes fast enough to help you in mobility. I spent 1 level worth of SP in it to use it as a dash skill since Fnen doesn't have any.
    TP upgrade (0)
    Forget about upgrading it even if you use it. It basically makes the "dash" utility pointless which is why you would use Tornado Kick in the first place.

Lion's Roar (Max)
    One of your lowest cd cube skills. It has great damage, and good stun level. When charged the AoE range and stun level increase even more. There is no point in not taking this skill.
    TP upgrade (Dump)
    Putting all what you got left of TP point in this skill last is the best use you can make of them if you are focusing on the percent Fnen type. The TP upgrade increase both damage and stun level which are never high enough! :D

Energy Shield (Max)
    ALL IN ONE NERF HAMMER COMING THROUGHT! First thing, this skill no longer is a Mixed damage skill but rather percent only. Even tho the percent ratio is higher than before, completely removing it's fixed damage value makes it's new damage complete trash to what it was before. It is still a very good damage skill to max even if you play Fixed Fnen.
    TP upgrade (Dump, Max)
    It's not as good as before, but if you are more percent oriented, Max this right away. You should choose this over Raging Light Dragon or the oposite.

Tiger Flash (0, 1 prereq, Max)
    All in one removed the electrocution damage from this skill, aka more nerfs. It also changed the way damage is calculated and increased duration to be 2 times longer than it's cooldown. So it is no longer needed to max the TP upgrade to get max duration. But, it now buffs some other skills as well which are Doppelganger Blast, Raging Light Dragon, Lion's Roar and Lion's Grand Roar. Just cause of that, I strongly recommend maxing it and keeping it up in your buff bar at all times.
    TP upgrade (0, Max)
    It's not mandatory to max the upgrade if you use it. Altho, you wan't to max it if you go for a Flash Tiger Set.

Raging Light Dragon (0, Max)
    This skill got a good buff, yet it's not enough to be worth it, UNLESS you are using 9pcs Nen Cascade chronicle set and max the TP upgrade. Then, and ONLY THEN, it becomes a good skill that overcomes Energy Shield's damage.
    TP upgrade (0, Max)
    Do you have Nen cascade 9pcs equiped? Are you a Fixed damage Fnen? Did you maxed Raging Light Dragon? If you answered no once, leave it at 0.

1st awakening skills

Blazing Nen Flowers (Auto)
    Use this guy at the begining of a boss fight. It considerably reduces Light Resistance and makes everyone in your party deal light damage. Be sure to activate it's explosion (by pressing the skill again) when the boss is vulnerable to it.

Floating Nen Flowers (Max)
    Places a light circle around Fnen that takes 1 hit of damage to 0 and reduce the time it takes you to recover from it. All in one buffed the second part where instead of receiving a temporary buff when the protection gets taken off, you permanently benefits from free stats. Were talking about a straught +300 INT there for absolutely no reasons!

Ultimate Nen Guard (Max)
    Since All in one, maxing Ultimate Guard is no longer a waste of skill points. It also got some good buffs, mainly that it can be charged once you get 2nd Awakening. Fully charging slightly increase the Ultimate Guard size as well as put a mini nen guard on everyone who were inside the Ultimate Guard when it dies. This skill also grants you a quite good healing effect that can almost completely heal your party if they stand in it during a one hit move such as the Goblin Bomb room.

Lion's Grand Roar (Max)
    With All in one, this skill becomes a good skill to max, unlike before. This skill now is one of the best mixed damage skill Fnen can use, the fixed damage mostly, is absurd. Also, it adds a buff to party members you hit (including you) that increases light magical attack, critical hits, evade and hit rate. This skill can be charged once you get 2nd awakening for more damage.

2nd awakening skills

Nen Compress (Max)
    Passive skill that adds a charge function to Energy Shield, Lion's Roar, Lion's Grand Roar, Nen Guard, Raging Light Dragon, Ultimate Nen Guard, Saint Illusion and Nen Implosion. You want this maxed since it increase the bonuses for charged effects. The effects change depending of the skills charged, but it is mostly bonus damage.

Saint Illusion (Max)
    Good damage cube skill when fully charged. If not charged, Fnen will dash foward and explode to deal damage and heal party members. If fully charged, Fnen will "throw" 3 Gangers in front of herself before dashing for a total of 4 attacks. Very good AoE, very good damage and I don't really see the use of the healing but it's there! wew!

Nen Implosion (Max)
    KAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! This is 2 skills in one.
    First part is a passive that generates Nen Orbs over Fnen when you fully charge a chargeable skill. Each Nen Orb gives a very high amound of INT which is 222 at skill level 3 (666 with 3 Nen Orbs) and also increase attack speed by 11% per Orbs (33%). The Orbs disapear over time and you have to charged some skills again to keep the buff active. The buff has no CD.
    Second part is the Kamehameha! In order to use the active skill, you need at least 1 Nen Orb (max 3). The more Nen Orbs, the more the damage, AoE size and cast time. It's quite hard to place in most room and usually slow down your dps. See OV section to learn where I use this skill effectively. Notice also, using this skill consumes the Nen Orbs unless you charge the skill while it has 3 orbs, in which case it will generate 3 orbs back.

Brilliant Nen (Max)
    This skill range is the whole room! It can be charged to generate a Nen Orb and to deal more damage. While casting, you are invulnerable until the explosion occurs. You can choose to charge by holding the hotkey and release it to stop charging unleashing a nuclear bomb. This skill is used to cheese some rooms in OV and is also a great burst of damage with infinite AoE range.

As Fnen

In OV

Goblins
    Room 1
    Buff > Charged Nen Shot > Charged Grand Roar > Charged Brilliant Nen
    Alternatively Charged Nen Guard > Buff > Charged Grand Roar > Charged Brilliant Nen
    Some might stay alive just kill them.

Room 2
    Suplex is a good feeder, just get used to it.

Room 3
    Energy Shield hits the goblins in the trees so stand in front of one and full charge to bring him down. Lion's Roar also hit in the trees. Make sure to have Spirals active for this room, they will automatically free you from Oli's spear.

Room 4
    I like to come in with 3 Nen Orbs and use Nen Implosion, but that is not necessary. Kill everything.

Room 5
    Have your whole party stay with you and Nen Guard before bombing. Using Ultimate Nen Guard will heal up your party.

Room 6
    Kill the boss. Yeah!

Nebulous
    Room 1
    You can skip some phases using 1st and 2nd awakening. While one person is speared, use Nen Flowers and charge them up. When your party member is no longer speared, you'll see the small guys spawning. If you placed your Flowers correctly and detonate them as they spawn, you should kill them all in one go and skip a phase. This can also be done by charging Brilliant Nen right when your party member gets free from the spear. Skipping like this require large amount of damage and you most likely won't be able to one shot all the small guys unless you're strongly geared.

Room 2
    Either do the room as it is with spirals off, bring an hammer assist. If you are strongly geared, you can charge Nen Orbs in the last room as well as Lion's Grand Roar and simply use Brilliant Nen fully charged to kill at least 2 of the puppeteers, sometimes even all 4 of them.

Room 3
    Run to the center of the room, charge Nen Guard, then wait for the lizards to become vulnerable and kill them from the inside of the bubble. Room cleared. If you're slow and can't do it under 9 secs, you have Ultimate Nen Guard to keep going.

Room 4
    Just kill everything.

Room 5
    Nen doesnt have any excellent hold skills but once you get the guy on a wall, you can pretty much x attack and uppercut until he dies.

Room 6
    Kill the boss.

Rangelus
    Room 1
    Kill everything.

Room 2
    No specific way to do it, just go for the small guys. You can suplex Bauthral to get him closer to the mines.

Room 3
    I usually get 3 Nen Orbs before entering the room. Once im in it, I position myself in the middle of the room's Y-axis and use Nen Implosion. Generaly kills everything except the snipers and also hitstuns the snipers. Just run to them and kill them afterwards.

Room 4
    Try landing a Lion's Roar on Salvo first. If he gets stunned, Lion's Grand Roar > Energy Shield > Dopplegangers >etc. If not, try bring him to the top of the room. It's a safe spot from almost all his attacks. Remember Nen Guards can save you from anything, but not indefinitely.

Room 5
    Nothing special here just kill everything. You might wanna turn off Nen spirals for next room just in case you forget it.

Room 6
    Landing Nen Flowers should be a priority to reduce his Light Resist. Fnen isnt the one about holding, but you can stun him with Lion's Roar. Don't have Spirals active when he does the bomb pattern or you will destroy the bot's mini Nen Guards and kill your party.

Void Rift
    Room 1
    I usually charge Nen shot > buff > charge Nen shot > Nen Implosion. You might also wanna use Nen guard just in case but it's not necessary. Also, keep Nen spirals off for next room.

Room 2
    No use to spam x on the boxes. One x every seconds is enough. When the screen becomes red, don't jump, cast a Nen Guard or an Ultimate Guard and keep going. Having Nen Spirals active in this room can kill you if you hit a red cube.

Room 3
    Fnen has no way to cheese this room, so you'd better have a Junk Spin assist or something to hold him. Placing a good Energy Shield with the help of you party usually do the job. Make sure to not have Nen Spirals active if you don't thrust your party or you'll get reflected.

Room 4
    Nothing special here, it's an annoying room. You can stun the wisps with Lion's Roar.

Room 5
    This is where everyone loves you. When the screen becomes black, spam Brilliant Nen hotkey like crazy. And poof, room cleared.

Room 6
    You can burst Gaunis by placing Nen Flowers in front of him charging them up with Lion's Grand Roar for buff. Then you place yourself on his left or right to put your energy shield in his range. Detonate Nen Flowers a bit before the bar is full and charge up Energy Shield. This will need some practice until you get the timing right. You usually can charge Energy Shield completely if you're doing it right.

Bakal Castle
    Room 1
    Kill everything.

Room 2
    Use non-charged Nen Shot to avoid him get knocked down and proc electrocution. Doppelgangers are also good for this room. You can place an Energy Shield just as you get in the room and he wont use his invulnerability thing.

Room 3
    If you get the curse, run until the master and his slaves are splitted and nuke the slaves with whatever you feel like. I personnaly try to get a corner and use Doppelgangers. Once they're dead, use Lion's Grand Roar to have the master use his dark flame pillar then charge an Energy Shield in his face!

Room 4
    I like having 3 Nen Orbs ready to Nen Implosion the 3 Evil Numak. After the first time you destroy the boxes, you can beat up Numak as long as he doesnt get stunned or held. If someone does so, you can still knock him up in the air after he has recovered and keep beating him up.

Room 5
    As an high attack speed F.Fighter you can get the ice ring and x attack repeatedly toward the dragon very quickly. Otherwise you can also use Nen Guards to protect your party members who is doing it. Suplex does damage to the red dragon, you might also wan't to charge an Energy Shield in his face. Try to keep him electrocuted it will greatly increase the speed at which he dies.

Room 6
    Run to bakal and charge Nen Flowers. Use Lion's Grand Roar for buff and detonate the Flowers once he can be hit, use Energy Shield as oftenly as you can and always first when bakal becomes vulnerable to damage. From then just do the boss normaly.

Dark Side
    Room 1
    Kill everything.

Room 2
    Kill Tiamat.

Room 3
    Doppelgangers is a good multi-hit skill for his first phase. As Fnen you don't need to get the ghosts. If you don't get any ghosts, spam some charged Nen Shots on him. The electrocution damage should still be very high even tho you ain't got a ghost.

Room 4
    Do your best to kill astaroth.

Room 5
    Michael is annoying, but he's pretty easy. You can have your whole party in Nen Guards to keep them safe from his coin and hammer. Again doppelganger is effective to remove his multi-hit shield in the second phase.

Room 6
    Run to ozma, use a doppelganger to shred his invulnerable state. Cast Nen Flowers but don't detonate them until you skip Aura of betrayal. Fnen aint got anything to skip so make sure to have a Junk Spin assist or have a party member that can superhold him long enough. Once he gets back into Super armor state, detonate Flowers and try placing a charged Energy shield. If you can't place Energy Shield because of ozma's Sh*ts, charge Brilliant Nen instead.

If you have any questions or comment about things I should correct/change, please tell me in the comments, I'll answer you when I can. Also, remember this guide is aiming to help players in DFO global not cdnf or kdnf.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  2. Umbreon

Can you shoot me a PM? I really love this guide and would love to toss some cera your way in appreciation! :D

• Derailing Derailing x 1
    • List
  3. Happy to have helped you out! :)

And thanks for the offer, i've sen't you a PM.

4. Drewgami Chelsea Til I Die

IGN:
    Drewgami
    Guild:
    TheSilverPig
    Server:
    Cain
    I agree with you, mostly. I don't bother putting the points in TKick at all. I also have Grand Roar maxed just for an extra damage skill. It's not amazing, but Nen doesn't have much else going for her. Along with that, I'd rather dump those extra points into Ulti Guard or even Suplex and/or Thunder. Then again, Nen's not all that difficult to build. Nice guide.

5. My thoughts on the Season two balance patch toward fnen:
    Disapointed. Other than a few skill getting some utility buffs which allows you to use more skills in a more decent way, this patch was more like a nerf to my eyes, especially for Energy Shield. I hope next balance patch will be better for fnen.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Firaga

how was energy shield nerfed?

also highly recommend lumi fist (doppelganger build) for OV

7. tsumugii today

the next patch is only better cause fnen gets 2 more filler skills and khai gets +independent damage

but the core problems that the class has still remain so whatever

8. Haerhee

IGN:
    Haerhee/SakuraNoHana
    Steam:
    Haerhee
    Guild:
    Luminary
    Server:
    Cain
    You forgot skills get a significant speed up increasing Nen's burst by A LOT.

9. tsumugii today

w0w nobody told me this

class still poopoo

10. Yeah I guess my testings we're done wrong cause now I realised it still does higher damage than Brilliant Nen on EX nugol. Altho the gap between both has been reduced significantly, we're talking about a
    (prepatch) 5 millions damage Energy shield with +6 TP upgrade, +3 Khai, +3 Solar Shield, 6 pcs nen cascade and +10 Berserk refine 5
    VS
    (postpatch) 3,5 millions damage Energy shield with +6 TP upagrade, +5 Khai, +4 Solar Shield, 6pcs nen cascade with 3pcs Light of the divine follower buffswap and +10 Berserk refine 7

if thats not a nerf I really don't know, plus to consider both Khai, Berserk and brillant Nen all got buffed, that just means removing the Fixed damage from E Shield was an horrible nerf in itself, and I noticed that lack of damage in dungeon before testing it vs nugol.

11. Firaga

my energy shield hitting for almost 10m without any buff swap and no pots and no burning lol. are you charging your berserk stacks before doing ur e shield? 3.5m is way too low for someone with berserk

on the topic of bursts, that same patch allows nen flowers to be detonated while in midst of another skill. another neat addition.

stahp trolling

we all know you love the class

12. You tried it on Ex nugol in training room? Cause thats what I did, and yes, max charge + 3 Nen Orbs.

13. Firaga

Yes.

14. Forgot to ask what version of the game you play cause this clearly cant be right.
    [​IMG]

15. Firaga

i'm on dfog. i was under the impression that we all were.

no buff swap, no pots
    asdf1.PNG

buff swap, pots
    asdf2.PNG

with berserk you should be doing similar

16. tsumugii today

fnen fix when

[​IMG]

but yes es does damage

17. megamanac AtomicFire

Yo, I think you're forgetting tiger flash increases the skill damage of dop blast, both roars, and rld now. Is it really possible to do 3m crushers with a berserk. o_o

18. You're right I didn't noticed that at all, I'll fix it soon enough.

But first, I wanna understand how I deal so low damage on E shield even tho we all use berserk.
    My town stats shows 2006 INT, 11349 Matk, 37,2% mcrit and 95 light damage.
    And if you are wondering, no she isn't funded, shes just a lucky alt that I enjoy playing.

19. Firaga

kinda lazy to do the math but i still feel like you should be doing way more

lucky is an understatement, that weapon is godly af

20. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]
    how good is this for nen?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)