Exorcist General Discussion

Discussion in 'Exorcist' started by Blackjack, May 19, 2014.

1. Daviepants

As a mexo, are there any physical skills I should look into leveling up now that the rework has happened or did mexo remain the same as far as builds go? I tried out Exorcise Amulet and I didn't like it all too much, but was a big fan of oblivion hammer and atomic smash while I was leveling up the character!

Primarily going to be using this as a Naval character for raid since I have 9pc EoD & Supernova on him. Not sure if that makes a difference in what I would be leveling up.

Any advice is appreciated! :)

2. Nier FPriest main since 2017

Max oblivion hammer and atomic smash as they're decent nukes. lv1 unrelenting seven since it's a hold + iframes, maxing it is up to you

Rest are preference if you still have SP left.

3. LukewarmHoliday

IGN:
    Lukewarm
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Id put oblivion as preference because its a big SP dump for only decent scaling and functions fairly well as a soft nuke at lvl 1.

A.Smash is core especially if you have puppet axe(seriously save up and buy puppet axe until you have upgraded anton sub.)

I've also felt pretty comfortable leaving both my 2a skills at lvl 1 for the time being but I might put points back into pentagram if I'm doing luke raid and monsters are living through my rotation(more passive damage while I'm doing my rotation.)

I basically have an unhealthy obsession with crucifix wind that needs to be cured. A nice cubeless rotation is holy amulet, red phoenix amulet, GWL, but crucifix wind will outdamage all 3 of those skills so it feels like a waste to not be using it.

Here's me doing a cubeless nugol with dmg after.

Edit:oh it automatically puts videos in if you paste a youtube, kind of annoying. Also its kind of cute I feel like mexo is one of the most open classes to allocating skills to your preference.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  4. Madao

Yeah, after much playing around with skills I've decided to always keep crucifix wind at max tp (and birds too of course). And always use it on cooldown on HP sponges, always. Then I like 2 lightning since at 2 tp and 4 tp it gets its extra hit, so unless you're EOD 0/2/4 are the cutoff points for lightning amulet.

Also, I don't see pexo/mexo really having to choose skills much differently? Their cast speeds should be pretty similar since pexo can put cast speed on hair/hat, I don't see what else would affect skill choice. Besides mexo skills having a shorter CD with axes, and pexo skills have a shorter cd with rosary.

I mean, gear is gonna be the obvious deciding factor. The best chron, EOD, is magic of course. Wooyo rosary is gonna end up being better than hyperion, several epic sets need you to be magic to get the best use out of them (DG, ele dropper, mana burn off the top of my head). In return I guess axes have slightly higher base physical atk than rosaries have magic attack. Destruction is legit but you could always swap from destruction into a rosary?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  5. Zorc James One Skill, one kill

IGN:
    Mazurn, Kyaho
    Guild:
    NewWorld (Mazurn)
    Server:
    Cain
    I decided to make a physical exorcist in remembrance to my old Nexon exorcist. With all the changes that has happened, I was wondering if there was any way to build a more physical orientated exorcist. And, with all the extra Sp, would there be any necessary magic skills I would need to dip into?

6. LukewarmHoliday

IGN:
    Lukewarm
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Shikigami legion is core, every other magic skill is preference.

7. LukewarmHoliday

IGN:
    Lukewarm
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Zombie Crisis pet lets us hit +10 dog without our open armor slot so I can finally get +10 dog with +1 to TP subequip.

Nice.

Edit: false alarm its a title.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  8. Not a Real car

IGN:
    Mosferatu
    Server:
    Cain
    Lightning amulet is bonkers with eod

i am really liking this mexo game now

9. trey15

what is he using to buff himself :o

i think i see: a swap for main buff, a swap for dog, a swap for strike[?], i dunno what he was doing with white tiger extinguish move tho; oop saw a forgotten glory too :o

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  10. CuppaTea

Level 90 epic axe can increase skill levels up to 4 times by 40% chance each time you use a skill. Extinguish can activate this effect quickly.

11. trey15

ah i see thanks; my hell modes dont go all that well but i hope in the future i can get a hold of that axe hehe

12. KEKEKEKKEE fk

IGN:
    ShitPlayer
    He was not using planet destroyer. the extingush spam was to charge his savior cross a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶i̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶x̶e̶.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  13. FatherOJ

So I played P.exo back in nexon's era and I just recently started getting back on him. Does anyone have a skeleton build I can follow? My info is obviously all outdated by now.

14. Kudan7

Ever since the new exo update with this act (act 7 dfog for future readers lol) i decided to switch it up and go slightly different, magic Pexo, just normal pexo build but running luminary chakra and rosary (and debating on lightning amulet). at this time of post i am running full plate halidom, armor and acc with some lame sub/stone, because it was the gear i had already on me with my axe.

My main question from this is simple, Am i nerf-ing myself in the long run when i start to upgrade my gear from this to gracia/epics?

15. Nier FPriest main since 2017

You can go full pexo but use the "magic" skills since plate and heavy armor mastery now gives you the same amount of cast speed as cloth. Pair that up with cast speed hat/hair and you pretty much get nearly the same cast of cloth+lumi chakra.

16. XiaxhouSLAYS

IGN:
    XiaxhouSLAYS
    Guild:
    Corruption
    Server:
    Cain
    Exorcise Amulet - Worth or no?

Going gracia setting and Great Glory Acc. Wondering if the Amulet debuff is worth, the in game tooltip is all over the place. It is 3 stacks per target, so -24 light resist correct? Dmg is meh but dat debuff.

17. Nier FPriest main since 2017

Exorcise amulet doesn't have a light resist debuff anymore. As for whether it's worth it or not, it's preference I guess.

18. XiaxhouSLAYS

IGN:
    XiaxhouSLAYS
    Guild:
    Corruption
    Server:
    Cain
    tyvm Nier. Saved me a ton of skill pts and one less manual.

19. LukewarmHoliday

IGN:
    Lukewarm
    Guild:
    Airbears
    [​IMG]
    DG got nerfed but I'm doing more damage than when I last tested, thanks wooyoo buff.

20. Winjo

So after not playing my PExo for a very long time, it seems like the class is a lot more fun to play now. Everything feels faster and better and less of a pain in the ass so I was considering picking him up again and running Anton normals if GP is good on him. My question is: is PExo viable in raid without any epics? All I have is a Destruction and a Light Sacred Rosary, but Destruction seems like it's only slightly better than a Liberation even after the buff and LSR's 70 light damage probably doesn't make up for being a rosary I imagine. I feel like Gracia + GP would leave me with a huge cooldown problem. Would getting enough Tortoise stacked up+Destruction+Lurking Dragon allow me to shred enough defense to be useful as a hybrid DPS/Support?

Note: I tried playing M. Exo with 9-piece end of days and my LSR but it didn't feel as fun as slamming and jamming. I could use it as a springboard into raid if that's still viable but I don't see any Exorcists around in Anton so I don't know how good they are.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)