Elementalist General Discussion

Discussion in 'Elementalist' started by Sani, May 20, 2014.

1. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    You could still boat and energy runs long as u have swaps

2. pkChobo

IGN:
    Chobou
    Guild:
    Dream
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm not really speaking as an ele main but more as someone who captains a lot. Technically speaking for DFOG that makes the cut for just boats. It will definitely be fine if your captain runs a sader in boats. If its just Khai then I'm going to say you'll probably be getting carried by whoever the other dps are. Its never boats that most captains worry about, but instead getting smoke/energy clears.

3. MrCamerupt

Would a Soul Bender be enough? I think the party is just Soul Bender + 3mpds. I'll gladly be popping mind stim pots and int pots if you think it will put me to where I need to be for it.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  4. The Winged Professor だが断る!

It is possible, but raid without Sader is pretty hard. Boats is whatever and you can clear with SB or Nen pretty easily, but Smoke will probably be a huge problem depending on who the other dps are. Energy might also be slow, but as long as you can get two clears and Infested party is capable that shouldn't matter.

SB alone as a support is also really crappy in Energy since while Saya Necromancy can carry in boats, it is zero help against Eugene. Bremen setup also does very little against Eugene so you'll mostly be relying them on Tombstone Triangle and Encroach hold for interrupt.

If you're running without Sader you should also absolutely be using pots.

5. MCMcEmcee uwaaaa

IGN:
    Punchkick
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Server:
    Cain
    I have raided in worse gear and done "fine" without a sader or other supports. Boats/Battlefield depending on parties for phase 1, Energy reclear or possibly Ator if there's a strong person in the party for phase 2 (just drop all the persistent cubes before they step in). Egene is particularly annoying if your party isn't coordinated but nothing else really stands out as bad if you know how it works. Only real struggle I've had was a party of 3 pubs who didn't know what they were doing and we still limped over the finish line.

6. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    you could without sader, but if raid leader does that i dont think its that great choice for boat + energy cycle team
    u will end up with most likely f men + other dps so its deff not impossible but its gonna be some hard play and eles without sader will die pretty easily even on boat lol

7. Misukun ◤◡ᴥ◡◥

which armor set should we be hunting for at 90?
    i'm assuming five sense and babylon/rosetta sets are optimal in the other slots.

8. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    Whatever you can get your hands on there is no "bad" set. Gold suit and Ominous day are considered the best two base 90's.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    from what i gather from other people who finishes 90 sets, you would really need five sense other wise you will feel very slow terms of casting speed if you are coming from dg set

10. Cai #eleready

so is the 90 pole the new BiS?

11. Misukun ◤◡ᴥ◡◥

wait we have to care about casting speed at 90?? is it not possible to hit insta-cast after the rune/TR rebalance?

12. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    Only as a swap weapon,
    But as base weapon full Stack 90 staff or savior
    But since director did mention of swapping gear issues for elementalist most likely they will block all the gear swapping

13. Holypie

I highly doubt that you'd feel slow due to a lack of cspd since showtime + memorize gives 100% cspd on their own. Even with no armour I have 140% cspd in dungeon, it's not that bad.

• List
  14. Ashye

IGN:
    Ashye
    You will definitely feel a difference. Casting T1s was noticably slower when I was playing on my friend's elementalist (no DG). More precisely, the gap between each skill is slightly longer and will feel "off" a bit especially if you're used to having a specific amount of cast speed.

15. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    Idk I can tell difference when I use dropper set and dg set and probably because I am used to dg now but casting speed does matter quite a lot + movement speed buff is nice and helps a lot too + not using cloth gonna give even slower result so..

16. Cat_Tree

Server:
    Cain
    New lvl 90 legendary goth loli dress worth for ele?

17. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    few parts are okay i guess.. but better off farming for 90 epics imo instead of spending money on legs (at least for ele)

18. Dun

Pretty hyped for Mana Burn set and the swapfest into DG but results were very strange.
    [​IMG]
    Can anyone else with MB set try 2a swap and share the experience?

• List
  19. Holypie

It's because sesto snapshots elemental damage as well as matk/int/etc. so you basically lose most of the benefits of dark gothic and end up with a small elenore as the only gain. Do you have crit damage outside of MB? That might explain the loss in damage. Other than that I don't think you should be losing like 15m by swapping out...?

20. Dun

Further testing revealed that snapshot mechanics is being wonky all over the place.

Flame Void Volcano: Snapshots only matk.
    Astral Storm: Live
    Everything else: Snapshots BOTH ele damage and matk.

Bottom line, MB->DG swap heavily relies on your FVV damage output to be worthwhile. gib NG :notlikethis:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)