Elementalist General Discussion

Discussion in 'Elementalist' started by Sani, May 20, 2014.

1. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    rabi swap isn't necessarily dead......

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Holypie

I still beat you by milliseconds, my best time is 7s on the dot! Actually I haven't tested with my shiny new filir. 7s is possible by abusing the fuck out of snapshots, I swap filir emission and wiz into refined set and savior rod, pet swap summer pet into petit overmind, and also slightly cheat by casting stuff before nugol spawns in (during the 3s countdown).

• List
  3. august99us Title

IGN:
    Apryll
    Guild:
    Otherverse
    Server:
    Cain
    Again, my damage really didn't go down much, maybe 10%; My rotation on nugol is pretty much the same as before, with a couple more hits on astral maybe.

In other news, one shot raid egene duo with no burning no buff :dance:

4. august99us Title

IGN:
    Apryll
    Guild:
    Otherverse
    Server:
    Cain

4 man raid with customers from Ele perspective, solo battles + duo energy/volcano. Played pretty badly though orz

Also horrible quality for some reason

• Like Like x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • List
  5. Sena

When swapping savior can you charge it before sesto blows up?

6. Holypie

Yes, but it's a bit tricky. On bosses that come with friends like egene, it's easy. On solo bosses I use black hole fvv shining ice fence then sesto, and swap into savior asap to get more charge.

• List
  7. is it worth getting an epic weapon from the event (70-80 box) for my ele? I'm still using an 85 purple.
    Or is it better to get it on my other characters (glacial, witch) ? I enjoy all three of these classes. Just wanted to know who would benefit the most really. Thanks!

8. Holypie

No, the weapon options for ele are garbage. Witch could use handmade or pumpkin broom, that's probably the best option but I'm not sure.

9. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    if you had a choice btwn ele witch and glacial to give the wpn to, witch would be the best choice. 80s for ele/glacials are garbage

10. Cat_Tree

Server:
    Cain
    Using the petit pet for ele right now, would the olypmus pet be worth if I change my great glory bracelet to something else?

11. Holypie

Yes, the level 15-20 Olympus pet is enough for instant cast if you have either a halidom staff, ghost train pants, or rabbit title.

12. Are the lvl 90 epics better than full DG/Wizard Staff?

I was planning to burn all my invites this weekend with half-off events. But since neople announced that 90 cap is coming soon, I'm wondering if I should save them instead.

13. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    90 staff is a better swap wpn than wizard staff although a much more pain in the ass to use.

most 3pc 90 epic will not beat full dg. you would have to have a 5pc 90 set to even consider using the 90 epic. acc wise, there are much better accs in the 90 pool. it's really up to you.

14. ZailKnight PigKingLucker

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    I am glad they mentioned ele in the interview and they are going to address the problem with the class... Since they mentioned with the summoner, possibly and probably rework for the class

Now give ele lvl 45 skill

15. Dropped some DI on hells today.

No Wizard Staff. But I did get a Sheep Rod.

Is it worth investing in Showtime plats and upgrading the Sheep when you have a +11 Shining?

16. Can you elaborate on them mentioning elementalist? What issues were there?

17. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    there are no bad issues.

the problem was how you were able to benefit from 2 epic sets on a skill because the matck was snapshot on cast/appearance allowing your skills to do ridiculous dmg

18. ZailKnight PigKingLucker

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    How's that a not a bad issue where your base damage is low compare to other classes, and you must have to swap gears (with epics, it's not like witch's drill or old Ausra where you swap to chornical items) to do damage like other DPS classes during casting skills and etc? And after you swap you need to swap back again, it's not like wm where you actually have passive that reduce the cooldown time for swapping gears.

And elemental burn is another issue where other classes can just cast buff once and never have to worry about it, and elemental burn, if you even lose one burn, you need to swap entire thing again.

Then there is this issue of slow-multi hit skills which is totally out of meta, and elementalist have zero hold skills. Which make things very hard to make full hit for a lot of skills as you go to end game level dungeon because they move around everywhere...

Not to mention elementalist doesn't have freedom of skill choices because shadow >>>>> everything else. Launchers with last buff got them a passive skill that if you invest either light or fire damage, they will scale it together (ex: if u have 200 fire damage and 100 light damage your light damage will become 200 light damage), yet elementalist are forced to invest into all the elements, and see no benefit because other elements types do no damage compare to shadow tree skills, which making DG still the most powerful set compare to any other epic set.

So I hope rework to fix these issues because they are major issues and class is stuck at old tool.

19. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    they do just fine as is. fyi, i don't swap when i play ele in dnf cause it takes way too long due to the latency when you play dnf overseas. you dont "NEED" to swap epic sets to deal dmg. It just makes the class do insane dmg because you are able to benefit from multiple wpns, sets for a skill.

elemental burn although i agree, should nto really be an issue when you have been playing this class long time. Should just be an out of habit thing to light up marks. not to mention each marks lasts like 40 sec.

Zero hold skills are why elementalist have such a hard time soloing or duoing places. but mots of your dmg right now at least is from gate, fvv, sesto. fvv and sesto can be used at the same time so mobs that move around is not an issue. it's more of an issue that the mobs can go iframe during the burst and miss a chunk of your dmg. I do agree with you on the multi hit meta. sesto and fvv needs to be sped up because it takes way too long for you to deal maximum dmg.

The skill tree just favors shadow in everyway. unless there is going to be a skill tree revamp i don't see ppl moving away from shadow. DG is still very strong but not the most powerful. There isnt much ele in luke that uses gothic. At least from my personal experience in actual raid.

20. MrCamerupt

Hi there, elementalists! I hope ya'll can help me come to a conclusion on something. I'm a part of a static raid on my summoner that runs boats. I was talking to my raid leader today though about the possibility about my elementalist running in the boats party just to try it. However, I know that the minimum gear requirements for Elementalist is pretty high, so I'm not sure if my Elementalist is truly strong enough for it. The rest of my raid is pretty strong and clears no problem, I just wanted to try it out on my elementalist to see if it was possible I could raid with her. So here's my gear:

[​IMG]

Shining Intillegence is +12. Chron pieces are Infinite Warden. Once Cuffs procs i have over 90 crit rate. Creature is Petit Gold Clown. Have elemental amp swap set, was thinking about getting the legendary for the swap as well.

So yeah, I'm not really sure if I'm strong enough to do it, especially after that nerf a while ago to void build. I doubt it would be a complete wipe if I wasn't strong enough, but I don't want to make it a messy raid. Typically I have an asura in my party, and I think the soul bender we have is staying in that party (i know soul bender isn't really boats, but we usually clear boats fine so we just have him there mainly for bremen in boats and easy egene clears). The other member tends to rotate. I usually time out the blue guard spawn so I know when to cube right before they are summoned, so I feel like its possible, but since I have no ele boat/egene experience, I was hoping ya'll could shed some light on the situation. Be real with me either way please! :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)